My thoughts of Leo and actualize.org. What do you think?

Forza21

7 hours ago, Iesu said:

„Higher than Jesus” indeed….Jesus…  how come he is considered „spiritual teacher” and how come i was there myself, really is out of my head.  

Edited by Forza21

@Forza21 Yup. IMO "higher than Jesus" is a pretty much a complete misunderstanding of what Jesus shared.

“I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful. You are already clean because of the word I have spoken to you.

Remain in me, as I also remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me."

“I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. If you do not remain in me, you are like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned. If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. This is to my Father’s glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples."

"As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love. If you keep my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commands and remain in his love. I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete. My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you."

These are not words from some spiritual dude, a "realized" or "woke" human to which another can be compared.

There must be an effortless way.

The other day this guy said suffering is the assumed inability to distinguish the direct experience of emotion, from separate selves, and I was like, yeah that’s pretty good. 

19 minutes ago, Blessed2 said:

higher than Jesus" is a pretty much a complete misunderstanding of what Jesus shared.

That’s beautiful. 

One mistake I think Leo made which he can reverse is as follows.  Permanently banning obvious trolls is one thing.  But permanently banning people who clearly love this work and teachers who disagree with him about God and Love is another.  Leo should unban everybody and give a fresh start.  He was too trigger happy with the bans which contributed to the echo chamber and cultlike effect on the Actualized.org forum.  He was too controlling and too eager to put himself on a pedestal.  But this was 3 or 4 years ago now.  Leo seems (seemed) like the kind of person who edges a bit stubborn/rigid once he makes his mind up about something or someone.   The way to build a community is to have friends motivated to build it with you.  If you're permanently banning all the people who could help you do this, that ain't smart.  The big leader leads through the smaller leaders by energizing, motivating, and activating them to lead and to ultimately take his or her job.  This is how every great organization exists and grows.  Great leaders create leaders, and this compounds and benefits everyone.  

Ross Perot does a great video on what makes a great community/organization/business leader:

Edited by Joseph Maynor

I just don't understand this excuse "this is how men are". First of all its completely off from my real life experience of how men are, but secondly, is it not a self-development forum? Is it not about breaking free of how things "are" with competition, the need to be "alpha", need to sleep with xx number of women? These mentioned perspectives could also be believed to be our nature looking at our primate relatives, but is that an excuse? I thought it was about conciousness/PD as well where it seems so backwards to excuse why things are the way they are, instead of how you want things to be, or what you want to create.

Not even going into him categorising all "men" as the same.

1 hour ago, Joseph Maynor said:

One mistake I think Leo made which he can reverse is as follows.  Permanently banning obvious trolls is one thing.  But permanently banning people who clearly love this work and teachers who disagree with him about God and Love is another.  Leo should unban everybody and give a fresh start.  He was too trigger happy with the bans which contributed to the echo chamber and cultlike effect on the Actualized.org forum.  He was too controlling and too eager to put himself on a pedestal.  But this was 3 or 4 years ago now.  Leo seems (seemed) like the kind of person who edges a bit stubborn/rigid once he makes his mind up about something or someone.   The way to build a community is to have friends motivated to build it with you.  If you're permanently banning all the people who could help you do this, that ain't smart.  The big leader leads through the smaller leaders by energizing, motivating, and activating them to lead and to ultimately take his or her job.  This is how every great organization exists and grows.  Great leaders create leaders, and this compounds and benefits everyone.  

Ross Perot does a great video on what makes a great community/organization/business leader:

It would take a hell of a lot more than that for him to course correct if you ask me.  I think he's simply proven himself unworthy if his position as a teacher in any capacity.  He is clueless about his level of misogyny.  

22 hours ago, Lester Retsel said:

It would take a hell of a lot more than that for him to course correct if you ask me.  I think he's simply proven himself unworthy if his position as a teacher in any capacity.  He is clueless about his level of misogyny.  

I think we have a kind of partial free will.  It's not as fast or as complete as our mind wants to think though.  We can do something that we really want to do that's hard.  But not as fast or as easily as our "mind" wants/anticipates/expects.  We're all very habitual beings -- all of us are.  Every person seems to be almost "governed" (but not entirely) by a set of stable behavioral traits.  It's amazing how we cling to habits/patterns when we can, in fact, change these.  Not all of us have the energy or patience to do this yet though.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

3 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

I think we have a kind of partial free will.  It's not as fast or as complete as our mind wants to think though.  We can do something that we really want to do that's hard.  But not as fast or as easily as our "mind" wants/anticipates/expects.  We're all very habitual beings -- all of us are.  Every person seems to be almost "governed" (but not entirely) by a set of stable behavioral traits.  It's amazing how we cling to habits/patterns when we can, in fact, change these.  Not all of us have the energy to do this yet though.  

Ok, I have no idea how that pertains to this exactly...

I feel like you're all of a sudden operating in a different conversation from the rest of us here, by your last few comments...

15 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

I think we have a kind of partial free will.  It's not as fast or as complete as our mind wants to think though.  We can do something that we really want to do that's hard.  But not as fast or as easily as our "mind" wants/anticipates/expects.  We're all very habitual beings -- all of us are.  Every person seems to be almost "governed" (but not entirely) by a set of stable behavioral traits.  It's amazing how we cling to habits/patterns when we can, in fact, change these.  Not all of us have the energy to do this yet though.  

download.jpeg-1.jpg

@Lester Retsel me or?

16 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

10 minutes ago, Lester Retsel said:

Dudes all of a sudden speaking totally obtusely and vaguely being an apologist for leo.

Speaking of apologies I want to personally say sorry for the mean things I've said about Leo. 

Self respect is right on @Phil🤣👊