Actualized.org and Leo Gura must be stopped

Reena

Now it’s children who don’t realize outbursts are love.  Total gaslighting.  Leo’s like a loving mother haha.  Aw man 👨 I can’t make this stuff up.  What a convenient excuse for anything!  This is very very troubling manipulation.

By Member Name: Martin 98

“Children mistake love for outbursts

The thing you call outbursts are love. In Leo's case well calibrated and sometimes tough love, which he knows is necessary for you to grow up. Like a mother who turns her child's TV off because she knows it's best for the child to stop watching. The child on the other hand cries about it and might even start to hate its mother. Eventually, the child will understand...”

SOURCE

https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/90249-children-mistake-love-for-outbursts/

Edited by Joseph Maynor

7 hours ago, DMT Elf said:

I made a thread there a while ago where I basically said the same thing that Leo is saying here, but it got locked by one of his mods, lol.

https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82225-you-cannot-hide-from-god/

Lol. It's true that it is very similar.

--

The lies that people tell each other can be frightening. However, it's not surprising in a community that has allowed many horrors to pass.

Recently, I have been thinking about the usefulness of a spirituality forum that seems to ignore textbook behaviors about how the ego works. My impression is that few people on the forum are interested in true spirituality, but many are looking to develop their ego and fill a sense of inadequacy.

I think this dynamic could be a result of having an audience primarily interested in personal development suddenly offered videos on spirituality. Coupled with a spirituality that's heavily focused on logos and transcendence, it can lead to a lot of Zen sickness and spiritual bypassing.

Actualized.org, in particular, seems to suffer from an echo chamber problem.

Most of the people I know who are on a spiritual journey would have no problem recognizing when a guru and his "teachings" are as corrupt as on Actualized.. However, on Actualized.org, the base of die-hard followers validates and reassures each other. They're also less and less confronted with divergent opinions and are getting trapped in a dynamic that feeds on a lot of arrogance and need to feel special and know better than others.

Unfortunately, this generates cult dynamics, and many people on Actualized.org are biased because they need something from the forum. As such as support, mentorship and a feeling of closeness towards a community.

It's a shame because Leo seemed to do everything he could to prevent this scenario from happening a few years ago. In the end, the risk came from his own ego, which is almost always the problem in this kind of scenario. Although recognizing the issue is one thing, solving it is a much more significant challenge. You can't really solve this issue unless you've been seriously working humility or anilihted the ego for good.

Edited by Serenity

“Know yourself as nothing; feel yourself as everything.” - Rupert Spira

On 2/22/2023 at 4:00 PM, Robed Mystic said:

Well see, reality is totally groundless - that way it can totally and completely be the mask it puts on.  If it could not be the mask it puts on in totality, it would not be infinite and there would be something outside it that could reference that it was pretending.   This is the self reference problem.   

Being is Being, it isn’t what it is appearing as. 

The self-referential thought IS the masks/ thought veil. 
There is no problem with self-reference thoughts/ masks, but illusions aren’t really there, that is the definition of illusion! 

There isn’t really anyone doing anything, just pretending that there is, appearing as if there is. 

you can pretend to not be Yourself all you want, but you are still You.

The self-reference is you pretending.
Authentic Self Is What You Already Are. 

Metaphors only point to what cannot truly be pointed to, Authentic Self/ No-Self.

The infinite dream can appear in any way, but Awareness will always be unchanging.  

Ten thousand tears,

One Belly Laugh.

1 hour ago, Loop said:

Being is Being, it isn’t what it is appearing as. 

The self-referential thought IS the masks/ thought veil. 
There is no problem with self-reference thoughts/ masks, but illusions aren’t really there, that is the definition of illusion! 

There isn’t really anyone doing anything, just pretending that there is, appearing as if there is. 

you can pretend to not be Yourself all you want, but you are still You.

The self-reference is you pretending.
Authentic Self Is What You Already Are. 

Metaphors only point to what cannot truly be pointed to, Authentic Self/ No-Self.

The infinite dream can appear in any way, but Awareness will always be unchanging.  

When you are in a dream you cannot tell its a dream because the dream is all there is and there is nothing to compare it with.  Thus no difference between it and reality.    It's total.  It is only when you wake up that the dream is recontexualized as a dream because now you have stepped outside of it.  

Edited by Robed Mystic

23 minutes ago, Robed Mystic said:

When you are in a dream you cannot tell its a dream because the dream is all there is and there is nothing to compare it with.  Thus no difference between it and reality.    It's total.  It is only when you wake up that the dream is recontexualized as a dream because now you have stepped outside of it.  

There’s no time either. 

giphy.gif

@Robed Mystic

That you that cannot tell is a self-referential thought. 
The you that wakes up is a self-referential thought.

Neither are You. 

There is no inner or outer,
There no reality or dream, 

There isn’t a single thing at all.

Nothing is re-contextualized, you just sink into What You Always Were.

No-context, no re-context, no shift, just This. 

Ten thousand tears,

One Belly Laugh.

54 minutes ago, Phil said:

@Mandy

Robbed Mystic…? 

The shock of Rafiki throwing baby Simba off a cliff can't be matched, but it strikes me the way I worded that,

1 hour ago, Mandy said:

@Phil You won't top The Lion King one. 

is exactly what Robbed Mystic is trying to say, but interpretations of words can change like the direction of the wind. 

No one tops no one. 

What is the sound of one hand clapping? 

What is a dick measuring contest if there are no dicks? 🤔

1 hour ago, Mandy said:

@Robed Mystic Have you read I Am That? 

@Robed Mystic In my opinion, the way Nisargadatta talks about consciousness and even flips around in how he talks about it clears up so much, I think hours of conversation/ debates could be saved if people just read some Nisargadatta. Readings of it are all over Youtube as well. Plus there's the added benefit that he's dead which often but not always saves so much time in wasted projections. 

Youtube Channel  

6 hours ago, Mandy said:

The shock of Rafiki throwing baby Simba off a cliff can't be matched, but it strikes me the way I worded that,

is exactly what Robbed Mystic is trying to say, but interpretations of words can change like the direction of the wind. 

No one tops no one. 

What is the sound of one hand clapping? 

What is a dick measuring contest if there are no dicks? 🤔

@Robed Mystic In my opinion, the way Nisargadatta talks about consciousness and even flips around in how he talks about it clears up so much, I think hours of conversation/ debates could be saved if people just read some Nisargadatta. Readings of it are all over Youtube as well. Plus there's the added benefit that he's dead which often but not always saves so much time in wasted projections. 

I appreciate it...but I'm good - you can discover what Consciousness is for yourself.  And then you won't need Njsargadatta.  Or anyone.