Actualized.org and Leo Gura must be stopped

Reena

18 hours ago, Robed Mystic said:

It's not that we teach the most serious stuff - it's that spirituality is serious and can be very dangerous in fact.  For example when I experienced death and awakening it later resulted in severe ego backlash - the ability to almost not function or think the next day...some slight depression-  and depersonalization.   I was worried I wouldn't be able to make it back to work at all or end up institutionalized.  But fortunately after a week or two I started getting back to normal.  But when Leo says it's serious I can agree based on direct experience.   Now, to me i wouldn't trade awakening for the world...but at the same there are inherent risks to mental health.  This was from doing self inquiry meditation and some other forms of meditation.   So it's not unique to Leo's teachings.

It’s just a suggestion, a pointing to less interpreting and more feeling… but if there isn’t the separate self, for whom death and awakening were experienced… who makes it back… who could end up… who get’ s back to normal… for whom “it’s” serious… who’s has awakening & woulnd’t trade it… 

On 2/20/2023 at 10:05 PM, Robed Mystic said:

Have you ever see the movie Central intelligence?

Well - the rock stated "those are very angry words coming from a very angry man.  Maybe you should get that looked at by a trained professional." 🙂

… and there aren’t angry words or an angry man… just an unprojectable experience of the emotion anger… then is there still “ego-backlash”, “depression”, “depersonalization”? Same for worry. Same for agreeing based on “direct experience”. Maybe the agreeing is actually based on conceptualizing emotion. Maybe it is unique to Leo’s teaching, but isn’t noticed to be.

Maybe those concepts are rhetorical. Cyclical. Separate self thought loopy. Apparently a hundred bucks just ain’t what it used to be. 

If there’s not two, what or who is serious & dangerous, in the name of spirituality? 🤔 

Who knows such a “fact”?

What a relief it would be if these are actually personal beliefs, and spirituality points to not two. 

32 minutes ago, Phil said:

It’s just a suggestion, a pointing to less interpreting and more feeling… but if there isn’t the separate self, for whom death and awakening were experienced… who makes it back… who could end up… who get’ s back to normal… for whom “it’s” serious… who’s has awakening & woulnd’t trade it… 

… and there aren’t angry words or an angry man… just an unprojectable experience of the emotion anger… then is there still “ego-backlash”, “depression”, “depersonalization”? Same for worry. Same for agreeing based on “direct experience”. Maybe the agreeing is actually based on conceptualizing emotion. Maybe it is unique to Leo’s teaching, but isn’t noticed to be.

Maybe those concepts are rhetorical. Cyclical. Separate self thought loopy. Apparently a hundred bucks just ain’t what it used to be. 

If there’s not two, what or who is serious & dangerous, in the name of spirituality? 🤔 

Who knows such a “fact”?

What a relief it would be if these are actually personal beliefs, and spirituality points to not two. 

Notice you said "if there isn't"  what if I told you there both is and isn't depending on perspective?   So now rephrase your question- "if there is a separate self, etc..if there are two..."  

One of the things I was explaining on the call is that appearance is reality.  The question asked can infinite know finite?  Infinite can be finite..then Infinite is no longer Infinite.  It is finite.   Finite is total.  Finite then shifts to Infinite.  Infinte is total.  Even Infinite shifts to finite, it is total there is no Infinite out there somewhere..it is no where - as there is no space. 

So there is a separate self when there is, and there isn't, when there isn't.  When there isn't, there is Infinite.  When there is, there is finite.  There is not an appearance of finite that is Infinite.  There just is what is...literally and actually.

Edited by Robed Mystic

15 minutes ago, Loop said:

@Robed Mystic

The Actor isn’t the masks they put on, they are only pretending. 

Well see, reality is totally groundless - that way it can totally and completely be the mask it puts on.  If it could not be the mask it puts on in totality, it would not be infinite and there would be something outside it that could reference that it was pretending.   This is the self reference problem.   

1 minute ago, sacredprofane said:

@Robed Mysticinfinite cannot "shift" and become finite...if it could it wouldn't have been infinite in the first place...anything included in infinity is by necessity infinite.  finite is just a concept really....infinite is how things actually are, nothing is *really* finite.  

So Consciousness does not have the ability to limit itself?  Wouldn't that make it finite?

17 minutes ago, Robed Mystic said:

Well see, reality is totally groundless - that way it can totally and completely be the mask it puts on.  If it could not be the mask it puts on in totality, it would not be infinite and there would be something outside it that could reference that it was pretending.   This is the self reference problem.   

the mask is concept, it can never cover groundless reality in totality.  reality is infinite and beyond concept.  the mask is just *your* idea, so the mask itself is infinite, because delusion is infinite, but it was never finite, nothing was, nothing "becomes" something...

Just now, Robed Mystic said:

So Consciousness does not have the ability to limit itself?  Wouldn't that make it finite?

it appears to limit itself to you/me, but no, it never is *really* limited.  by definition, infinite, can NOT hold anything finite.  if theoretically, something "finite" were included in infinity, that "finite" thing would no longer be finite.  

1 minute ago, sacredprofane said:

it appears to limit itself to you/me, but no, it never is *really* limited.  by definition, infinite, can NOT hold anything finite.  if theoretically, something "finite" were included in infinity, that "finite" thing would no longer be finite.  

But what is the difference between appearance and reality if it is one?  Who or what would be outside of what is appearing?  Reality and appearance aren't in two separate places.

13 minutes ago, Robed Mystic said:

But what is the difference between appearance and reality if it is one?  Who or what would be outside of what is appearing?  Reality and appearance aren't in two separate places.  of 

appearance is limited, theyre not one, its like the hindu concept of maya.  of course your concept of reality is limited.  you can't see that back of your head, but someone else could.  

Edited by sacredprofane

10 minutes ago, sacredprofane said:

appearance is limited, theyre not one, its like the hindu concept of maya.  of course your concept of reality is limited.  you can't see that back of your head, but someone else could.  

When you say it's not "really" this way - its "actually that way or Infinite" you are paradoxically placing a limit on reality.    You are grounding reality.   

On 2/20/2023 at 12:34 PM, sacredprofane said:

i'm sorry...being criticized on an online forum is WORSE than the vietnam war?  

look, i get it, you are extremely sensitive.  maybe forums are not for you.  but there is a ton of straight up paranoia coming from you in this.  

I'm sorry, if I don't know who I'm talking to I can't respond.  That's not what I said either,  I can't believe you're allowed on here.  Too bad.  I'm gonna give you the last word because I can't be bothered to play "whack a mole" with someone like this.  Go ahead and criticize me outside my presence.  It's to be expected something like this could and does happen online.  In order for someone to hold me accountable they have to first have credibility which implies I know something about them.  I think you're projecting all your stuff onto me and that's really unfortunate for both of us.  I think I know who you are by your behavior.  If that's the case, you definitely need to examine yourself instead of attacking outward so much.  And another piece of unsolicited advice, attacking behind a veil of ignorance is the essence of cowardice, so don't think you're looking good at all in any of this.  I just choose to stay away from toxic people unless I give them permission to interface with me.  You're going to try to make me look terrible on here because that's the way you feel about yourself.    But the secret is out.  Your identity is not, but your secret is.  Thanks but no thanks for your "criticism," I'll pass.  What you're doing on here is scapegoating me to get a cheap thrill and a bit of a laugh.  But if you have any substance you would interface with me as a real person which I know you can't and won't I'm almost certain.  You can only function behind a veil of ignorance.  That's not credible at all and if you're a troll it's very despicable.   Anybody can take a cheap shot behind a veil of ignorance.  It's aggressive and cowardly in equal measure.  My video on "Online Forums" is legit, and I'm glad I made that video because nobody talks about that issue.  You might disagree with some of the details, but the bigger problem is lurking there even if my perspective muddies the waters in a way that is not as appealing to you as you would like.  So you helped me.  I made a couple of videos that I'm really proud of out of our brief encounter.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

The below thread is Exhibit A to my video on The Systemic Problem with Online Forums.  "He does it because he loves us."  GTFOOH!  That's total gaslighting.  And you don't even know who's behind the account that said that!  You guys need to start to develop a more meta-criticism of technology, gamesmanship, gaslighting, and manipulation.  The conman is always smarter than the mark in some sense, otherwise you would see through the foolishness and not be hoodwinked in -- unless you're on the outside looking in to make a kind of point or raise awareness.  These kinds of textual manipulations are effed up in my judgment as others have pointed out.  You don't know who's behind this account, but it appears in strict defense of Leo in the thread.  This is total TEXTBOOK gaslighting or flying-monkeyship (or both):

He does it because he loves us is Truly creepy if you ask me! -- Joseph Maynor

By Member Name: "Byun Sean"

"This "outburst 'is out of love'. He's reacting to the absurdity of human stupidity he sees from his point of view. 

Leo's style is very direct and straight to the point much like a strict zen master would be.

Thats just his style. He's not insulting to try to belittle the person. He's trying to guide them in the right direction with his own style. His style is not passive and lovey dovey like someone like rupert spira or eckhart tolle. 

He is truly just interested in guiding those who are committed and interested toward truth. 

Thats after all why we are all here isn't it? For TRUTH. Truth lies at the heart of self actualization. He is doing us a big favor. These comments are not from arrogance. They are deliberate."

SOURCE:
https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/90228-leos-worst-outburst-yet/

Edited by Joseph Maynor