Actualized.org and Leo Gura must be stopped

Reena

1 minute ago, Robed Mystic said:

No you haven't.   You haven't listened.   Otherwise we wouldn't be having this conversation.   Take all bias out - which is required for awakening. 

How do you know for sure, that your awakening isn't just completely subjective experience? After all, you idealists always like to criticize science, non objectivity of science, it's relativity and bias, etc.

Just now, sacredprofane said:

actually, i have, i just have the ability to think critically for myself.  like i said, he would not hold up against peer review(which of course he denies the importance of) but that is absolutely required to pass muster outside of your devoted fanbase.

I can already tell you are lost in materialism.

1 minute ago, sacredprofane said:

i wonder what gives you this idea besides he himself telling you that and you believing it. 

I was just about to say the same thing.

@Robed Mystic You've mentioned like a hundred times already how the "metaphysical part of the theachings are super good" or better than anywhere else, and now that it is "years ahead of science".

Look. It's an ideological bubble.

That some teachings are better than others, that some teachings are accurate, or that some teachings or ideas are more / less advanced are all the sort of rhetoric / conjecture shared specifically on Actualized. 

It's a bit like that famous fallacy where it's argued that the bible is true, because it says so in the bible.

12 minutes ago, Robed Mystic said:

Go listen to it.   The metaphysical catalog specifically.  

But to check if it's true that it is in fact years ahead and more advanced than science, wouldn't one need to also watch all science videos, read all science books and articles and papers, of today and years in the future, and then compare the two and see if your claim checks out? 😁

There must be an effortless way.

8 minutes ago, sacredprofane said:

i can tell you are lost in leo-ism

Umm..no.  believe what you want.  I'm a defender of Truth.  Truth stands alone.  Materialism will die within the next two hundred years.  Mark my words.   Oh wait, nevermind.

Edited by Robed Mystic

10 minutes ago, Robed Mystic said:

What is Absolute Infinity part 1 and 2.  What is Perception.  Quantum Mechanics debunked.  Godels Incompleteness fhereom.  What is Paradox.   What is Truth.  What is Consciousness.  What is Death.   What is Love.  

After all of that-  go back to the very first enlightenment videos and do self inquiry along with him..  if you haven't had an awakening call me.

I've seen all those videos, and more. Some of them twice or thrice. I contemplated and inquired on it for years every day almost obsessively and even did psychedelics. I know the doctrine like the back of my hand.

What's your number?

5 minutes ago, Blessed2 said:

I've seen all those videos, and more. Some of them twice or thrice. I contemplated and inquired on it for years every day almost obsessively and even did psychedelics. I know the doctrine like the back of my hand.

What's your number?

Hmm.. and did you watch reality is a strange Loop?  I think that's the missing link.   On a serious note - I believe you.   But I don't think you ",listened".   And if you truly did then don't despair- at the end of the day awakening from the dream just takes experience. You're already open to reality being made of figments of Consciousness.  You just took it as a belief.  Don't do that.

Edited by Robed Mystic

7 minutes ago, Robed Mystic said:

Umm..no.  believe what you want.  I'm a defender of Truth.  Truth stands alone.  Materialism will die within the next two hundred years.  Mark my words.   Oh wait, nevermind.

I thought that Truth doesn't need defending

Sadly it does in today's culture.  The materialists have taken over the world!  Newton set the stage.  Einstein realized if at the end but was in too deep.  Bohr - now he knew.  He knew.

Just babbling theories doesn't make a person a truth seeker. One should embody what one says. Not embodying is the essence of falsehood, the opposite of truth, the essence of Leo Gura, the essence of PHONINESS

So basically I'm an autistic INFJ BPD sigma Pisces female with anger and CPTSD issues. Wow wow. 

My plate looks full. I Couldn't have been weirder than that. Now I get why I'm so idiosyncratic. 

2 minutes ago, Cupcake said:

Just babbling theories doesn't make a person a truth seeker. One should embody what one says. Not embodying is the essence of falsehood, the opposite of truth, the essence of Leo Gura, the essence of PHONINESS

You're obsessed wirh Leo and not even looking at what I'm pointing to. 

Just now, Robed Mystic said:

You're obsessed wirh Leo and not even looking at what I'm pointing to. 

Or Leo is obsessed with himself. 

So basically I'm an autistic INFJ BPD sigma Pisces female with anger and CPTSD issues. Wow wow. 

My plate looks full. I Couldn't have been weirder than that. Now I get why I'm so idiosyncratic. 

Just now, Robed Mystic said:

And that matters to you how?  You are making it matter.  Otherwise it doesn't. 

And in the same breath, me being obsessed with him doesn't matter either. 

and did you watch reality is a strange Loop?

Yeah I've seen that one maybe three times. The Douglas Hofstadter book. The visual representations of strange loops etc. And in the ending we are of course reminded that Hofstadter did not get deep enough, he only understood some of it. Would have been a nice little string and bow over his life's work though.

7 minutes ago, Robed Mystic said:

I think that's the missing link.

I spent those years thinking exactly this. That maybe the next video will wake me up.

It's a hamster wheel.

There is no "enlightenment" or "awakening". These words convey someone waking up. The truth is already the case. Infinity is already the case. There is no need for a my awakening for infinity to be infinity. For awareness to be aware.

This is why the "bias" stuff is total nonsense and really just same shit (materialism, separate selvery) in different package.

2 minutes ago, Blessed2 said:

Yeah I've seen that one maybe three times. The Douglas Hofstadter book. The visual representations of strange loops etc. And in the ending we are of course reminded that Hofstadter did not get deep enough, he only understood some of it. Would have been a nice little string and bow over his life's work though.

I spent those years thinking exactly this. That maybe the next video will wake me up.

It's a hamster wheel.

It's a hampster wheel when the ego wants somewhere to go.   

2 minutes ago, Blessed2 said:

There is no "enlightenment" or "awakening".

False.   

1 hour ago, Reborn said:

How do you know for sure, that your awakening isn't just completely subjective experience? After all, you idealists always like to criticize science, non objectivity of science, it's relativity and bias, etc.

Honestly?  Because it's what Phil has told you guys in the past.  There is no one to be enlightened.  But there is.  Consciousness itself.  Consciousness awakens to itself - and to get to started just turn "your" Consciousness inwards on itself and "you" will see.   Consciousness- Pure Consciousness- prior to the ego Mind,  is enlightenment.

Edited by Robed Mystic

1 hour ago, Robed Mystic said:

Honestly?  Because it's what Phil has told you guys in the past.  There is no one to be enlightened.  But there is.  Consciousness itself.  Consciousness awakens to itself - and to get to started just turn "your" Consciousness inwards on itself and "you" will see.   Consciousness- Pure Consciousness- prior to the ego Mind,  is enlightenment.

see, this just sounds exactly like someone saying what they've heard "enlightenment" is and thinks its what youre supposed to say about it.  

Just now, sacredprofane said:

see, this just sounds exactly like someone saying what they've heard "enlightenment" is and thinks its what youre supposed to say about it.  

It might sound that way. But you don't know for sure.  Do you.  No, you don't.  Look, I can appreciate your skepticism - I really can.  And you do seem somewhat open minded.  You did listen to the metaphysical stuff.   So what gives?  What's your stance on materialism vs idealism, taking Leo out of it because he is completely insignificant.   And  there's no selves.