My thoughts of Leo and actualize.org. What do you think?

Forza21

1 minute ago, MetaSage said:

Spiritual circles, best place to hide some good passive-aggressive behavior.

Let's pretend our shit is so wonderful and special!

😂

♾️

19 hours ago, Robed Mystic said:

Yeah you might be another story 🙂

but something tells me you are glad it happened.

Afterall you have your own community now.

however if you wanted back I would unban you - though it seems you two would just end up at odds again.

Does a moderator really get the power to undo an excommunication/ public punishment over there? 

Youtube Channel  

19 hours ago, Robed Mystic said:

Actually - I can reinstate you if you want.  We welcome you as long as you don't break the guidelines.  He won't say anything and if he does ill talk to him. 

Why not unban all of the ‘users’ banned not from breaking guidelines, but from administrative bantrums, and issue an apology? 

Alignment & well-being wise this is kind of a no brainer isn’t it?

Checks & balances could be added to the guidelines as far as allowing bans due to mistaken spiritual authority, superiority & elitism. 

11 minutes ago, Phil said:

Why not unban all of the ‘users’ banned not from breaking guidelines, but from administrative bantrums, and issue an apology? 

Checks & balances could be added to the guidelines as far as mistaken spiritual authority, superiority, elitism, (psychological issues) etc, and addressed differently going forward. 

👏

Youtube Channel  

20 minutes ago, Phil said:

Checks & balances could be added to the guidelines as far as allowing bans due to mistaken spiritual authority, superiority & elitism. 

Slight edit. 🙂

Another no brainer solution would be to simply add to the guidelines that administrators & moderators are parallel with all ‘users’ & subject to the same guidelines. Whereas there was name calling & manipulation, there could be introspection and unity. 

Probably the worst thing Leo's done is impose this whole frat boy pissing contest attitude to spirituality.  Same mentality as pickup with its "body counts" and "peacocking" and whatever else, and like with pickup it's ALL out of insecurity, and also like pickup it's endlessly appealing to the bottom of the barrel lost souls desperately scouring the internet for answers, meaning, and ways to justify their feelings of loneliness and unworthiness.  It's inevitable that someone would eventually come to fill that space, the way Hitler and Donald Trump were inevitabilities of the sickness of the times. 

Edited by Jonas Long

On 3/17/2022 at 4:20 PM, Forza21 said:

The point of this threat is NOT to demonize Leo, although it may sound this way. The point of this threat is NOT to justify myself, or blame anyone else. As many of you know, i have big issue with the latest insights, but i DO NOT blame actualize.org! In fact, i consider it, as a great lesson to be learned.

The point of this topic is to have honest and open discussion. I've noticed some "red flags" of Leo teachings. If i'm wrong with anything, just write your opinion. 

1) Leo claims that he surpasses anyone with his level of awaking. I've never seen any other spiritual guru do that. If anything, they always say, they are not better anyhow.
2) Lately, Leo, started to call tools of spiritual growth, such as meditation and yoga, as "useless", he only puts psychedelics on pedestal.  Isn't it too radical?
3) Leo started to use the term "solipsism" lately. I've seen a post from 2019, and he calls "solipsism" a bad map, and now he uses it all the time. No other spiritual guru do that, as it may be misleading. I think this might be also my case.
4) Leo bans his mods, who have different way of teaching.  I don't think someone that "radical open-minded"(as he claims himself to be)would do that.
5) Leo's answers on the forum aren't so loving and compassionate, i would say, they are rather harsh, to say at least. If anything, this work should make you more humble, shouldn't it?
6) Leo shits on "no-duality", "no-self", "neo-advaita" teachings, even though i believe it's core foundation for enlightenment.
7)There are a lot of people who seeks help after psychological breakdown, who are even suicidal ( yeah, it was my case too, even though i was mentally stable person)I know it may be just correlation, because mentally unstable people often seeks help in spirituality, but it's still some point to consider.

Now when i look back, i think i might have put too much trust in him, or anyone else. From now on, i shall trust only my feelings and if it resonates with me.  I think it's a lesson to be learned. 

@Robed Mystic

On 3/17/2022 at 4:20 PM, Forza21 said:

What do you think?

What’s your two cents on each of @Forza21’s points?

17 minutes ago, Jonas Long said:

Probably the worst thing Leo's done is impose this whole frat boy pissing contest attitude to spirituality.  Same mentality as pickup with its "body counts" and "peacocking" and whatever else, and like with pickup it's ALL out of insecurity, and also like pickup it's endlessly appealing to the bottom of the barrel lost souls desperately scouring the internet for answers, meaning, and ways to justify their feelings of loneliness and unworthiness.  It's inevitable that someone would eventually come to fill that space, the way Hitler and Donald Trump were inevitabilities of the sickness of the times. 

Yes  and saying every video I’ve had another total awakening.   Being super heavy handed with persuasion techniques.  It causes people to doubt themselves and assume that Leo is always right which is not true.  The reason it’s not true is because the only spirituality that you’ll ever have is the one you create from scratch yourself or within yourself.  Sure you can be influenced by someone, but to copy that person tells me you’ve got a religion not a spirituality.  To insist you’re right for others regarding spirituality and they can copy you (mind-meld with you)  I think is more like a cult or religion.  I think a good spiritual teacher will emphasize that what they’re saying is coming from their own perspective, and at best can be a model for you to go about your own path to discover your own spirituality.

2 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Yes  and saying every video I’ve had another total awakening.   Being super heavy handed with persuasion techniques.  It causes people to doubt themselves and assume that Leo is always right which is not true.  The reason it’s not true is because the only spirituality that you’ll ever have is the one you create from scratch yourself or within yourself.  Sure you can be influenced by someone, but to copy that person tells me you’ve got a religion not a spirituality.  To insist you’re right for others regarding spirituality and they can copy you (mind-meld with you)  I think is more like a cult or religion.  I think a good spiritual teacher will emphasize that what they’re saying is coming from their own perspective, and at best can be a model for you to go about your own path to discover your own spirituality.

You are still emulating him to a degree I I don't think you realize.  For the same reason too, your own insecurity.

21 hours ago, Robed Mystic said:

You would probably not be banned now.  I don't think he even gives two craps anymore who says what.  You would still be there.  Actually - I can reinstate you if you want.  We welcome you as long as you don't break the guidelines.  He won't say anything and if he does ill talk to him. 

No recruiting lol.  I'm gonna do a citizen's arrest.  You're a true believer of Leo's.  You're like his assistant.  You and Razard86.  I can name a few more but I won't.  Many of the mods on Leo's forum are true believers too -- not all.  Some I see can think for themselves.  I guess when you're a mod you can't help but drink the Kool-Aid a little because your job is to assist Leo.  You're in the "in club."  I follow Leo's forum every day and I can say about a third of the mods can think for themselves by virtue of the writings I see they create.  The rest have drank Leo's Kool-Aid on some level and it's easy to notice for me.  I should say Leo's prior Kool-Aid since I haven't seen him release new content in a long long time.  Maybe Leo no longer believes Leo.  He doesn't tell anyone what he's been doing so nobody knows.  There's a problem with being a true believer, I gotta make a video on this.  This is a huge problem in politics now too.  Stage Blue being utilized as homing pigeons by Stages Red, Orange, and Green.  Beck and Cohen talk about this in the chapter on Stage Green in their book Spiral Dynamics -- see pages 260-273.  Blue is manipulated by trusting an authority (a truth source) and wants to center their life around truth.  And most people are at Blue, so if you want to manipulate the most people you learn how to speak Blue's language.  If you want the most followers, go after Blue's love language.  We see this in political discourse today.  Truth, one right answer (no nuances in thinking allowed), one authority figure, and a book that comes from the past that can be referenced (chapter and verse if possible) are all sort of conditions for relating with or interfacing with Blue.  I see through all this now.    

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Joseph Maynorcan you make one post without subtly(or not so subtly) trying to impress people? I don't think you realize how transparent your need for recognition or appreciation is.  I feel for you, because you obviously feel unimpressive and under appreciated.  You are telegraphing it loud and clear. 

If your goal is to create passive monetary income, that's different than the goal of being the best spiritual teacher.  That's Stage Orange at odds with the rest of the Spiral.  That's not sustainable.  Those 2 stances are inconsistent, even if we're talking about ego development work, which we are on some level.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

2 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

If your goal is to create passive monetary income, that's different than the goal of being the best spiritual teacher.  That's Stage Orange at odds with the rest of the Spiral.  That's not sustainable.  Those 2 stances are inconsistent, even if we're talking about ego development work, which we are on some level.

Not at odds.  

2 hours ago, Joseph Maynor said:

No recruiting lol.  I'm gonna do a citizen's arrest.  You're a true believer of Leo's.  You're like his assistant.  You and Razard86.  

Actually I have become directly conscious of the very things taught there - so no.  I'm not.  Again you feel these ideas on reality are limited to that of Leo or Phil.  Many have found Truth- dating back thousands of years.  Where do you think Leo got most of his content -  and as you have said in the past I could start my own community- but I'm not really that invested in being a teacher.  I do what I can when I'm online but that's about it.  I don't really have the motivation. 

Edited by Robed Mystic

27 minutes ago, Robed Mystic said:

Actually I have become directly conscious of the very things taught there 

Infinite consciousness has become conscious of things, or a self which is separate of infinite consciousness has become conscious of things?

8 hours ago, Phil said:

You were only initially demoted, weren't you? I thought you only got banned after you tried to bring members of his forum over to this one.

2 hours ago, Daniel said:

You were only initially demoted, weren't you?

Yeah. This is the first I’ve heard I was banned. 

2 hours ago, Daniel said:

I thought you only got banned after you tried to bring members of his forum over to this one.

It was just one, but those were simpler times. People were free.