individual and collective consciousness

I appreciate Phil and Mandy's attitude of letting reality be what it is.  That's really truth.  You have to let the chips fall where they may.  Life is long.  These disputes are relatively short.  Loyalties are mixed, naturally.  But to be able to see what's what gives a person the information they need to make up their own mind.  Things are complex, nuanced.  But you want to let reality be what it is too.  I'm on board with that and I commend them for taking pains to let that unfold the way it does.  That takes a high-consciousness person, because most people just react and make quick, regretful decisions without taking the whole thing into account, and also the future into account.  Life is long.  And all of this stuff is part of it.  Conflict isn't bad because we leverage chaos to create better order.  We get to know reality on some level through conflict. 

Let's get back to the topic of this thread: How does the Whole vs./and Individual duality wobble?  Well, we witnessed it!  We had a great example of it here.  None of us are perfect, but we're also perfect too.  it's a paradox.  Clearly.  Look for yourself.  It's right there.  It's splayed out or rather displayed for everyone to see.  None of us are perfect and we all have a game up our sleeve too.  Accept that and work into it.  It's a more complex issue than most people realize.  You have to stand up for yourself vs./and also hear the guidance of the whole.  And your life unfolds or unravels sometimes in crazy ways (order vs./and chaos) accordingly.  But we can grow and we can come to understand a bigger picture of things too.  Development is possible.

REFERENCE

Edited by Joseph Maynor

There are times when things really do feel like "everything is working out perfectly".  There is this divine glow to the conversation.  The conversation is lifted.  To a divine place.  Where you see the flow and everything is working out perfectly,   It's in those rare moments you see people differently.  Comes from love, I think.   A love for the craft, for the conversation.  Even in the midst of your ego and you creating conflict.  Doing your best.  Allowing.  

You can be a walking medium for the divine by way of love and doing your best and allowing.  

2 hours ago, Joseph Maynor said:

None of us are perfect, but we're also perfect too.  it's a paradox.

no, it is not a paradox

if we are perfect we can't be imperfect

2 hours ago, Joseph Maynor said:

It's a more complex issue than most people realize.  You have to stand up for yourself vs./and also hear the guidance of the whole.  And your life unfolds or unravels sometimes in crazy ways (order vs./and chaos) accordingly.  But we can grow and we can come to understand a bigger picture of things too.  Development is possible.

it's not standing up for yourself vs hearing the guidance 

Edited by Isagi Yoichi

for coding & software engineering services message me on discord

13 minutes ago, Mandy said:

@Joseph Maynor Not any videos in particular, just recommend her videos in general. 

I've been exposed to her content in conversation.  I know people who hold her content in very high regard.  I don't want to become the kind of person who becomes dogmatic but also I like to respect my own taste too.  It's weird to say, but taste influences spirituality just like anything else even though we want to replace the word taste with truth.  If someone genuinely gives me something to consume, I'll do it.  I listened to Phil's Zoom call the same way.  It doesn't mean I agree.  It just means I consume.  Or you might say it like this, albeit somewhat weirdly, If approached respectfully, I'll often give anything a fair hearing.  We're all adults here, so we should be able to discuss anything.  I try to be open but nobody is perfect at this too.  But on here I have to be more open because a lot of Phil's ideas I have different ones.  Similar but different.  I've never found a teacher that I can "lock stock & barrel" mind meld with.  I have my own ideas that contain fragments of a lot of things.  I've been doing this since I was very young.  I assume all of us on here are like me in some sense and have been doing the same.  Most people here are not newbs at spirituality.  I'm not gonna bullshit anyone and say, oh yeah I agree with you.  I try to be self-honest.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

3 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

I've been exposed to her content in conversation.  I know people who hold her content in very high regard.  I don't want to become the kind of person who becomes dogmatic but also I like to respect my own taste too.  It's weird to say, but taste influences spirituality just like anything else even though we want to replace the word taste with truth.  If someone genuinely gives me something to consume, I'll do it.  I listened to Phil's Zoom call the same way.  It doesn't mean I agree.  I just means I consume.  Or you might say it like this, albeit somewhat weirdly, If approached respectfully, I'll often give anything a fair hearing.

Lmao bro most of your posts are dogmatic you are just a talk bro incredibly shallow and dont do any kind of work

for coding & software engineering services message me on discord

9 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

I've been exposed to her content in conversation.  I know people who hold her content in very high regard.  I don't want to become the kind of person who becomes dogmatic but also I like to respect my own taste too.  It's weird to say, but taste influences spirituality just like anything else even though we want to replace the word taste with truth.  If someone genuinely gives me something to consume, I'll do it.  I listened to Phil's Zoom call the same way.  It doesn't mean I agree.  I just means I consume.  Or you might say it like this, albeit somewhat weirdly, If approached respectfully, I'll often give anything a fair hearing.  We're all adults here, so we should be able to discuss anything.  I try to be open but nobody is perfect at this too.  But on here I have to be more open because a lot of Phil's ideas I have different ones.  Similar but different.  I've never found a teacher that I can "lock stock & barrel" mind meld with.  I have my own ideas that contain fragments of a lot of things.  I've been doing this since I was very young.  I assume all of us on here are like me in some sense and have been doing the same.  Most people here are not newbs at spirituality.  I'm not gonna bullshit anyone and say, oh yeah I agree with you.  I try to be self-honest.

Not every post needs to be a dissertation.  

27 minutes ago, Jonas Long said:

Not every post needs to be a dissertation.  

Not every post needs to contain zero insights.  Do you have anything substantive to say or do you just attack people?  I'm gonna start calling you out on this.  You're like a sniper who thinks they can just shoot at people and offer nothing in the alternative.  Bring something to the table man!  Don't just trash everything.  You don't get to do that.  Obviously.  You make relating on here unnecessarily hostile.  If you were more kind and polite and posed an issue, we could have a discussion about it like normal adults do.  Something to consider for you.  Some of us are interested in doing the work.  I don't take well to being sniped at by people like you.  The only reason you get a pass to do this is because nobody calls you out about it.  Wake up dude!  You don't get to hit people without consequence.  I had you on ignore before and I'm considering putting you on ignore again.  I took you off ignore because I second-guessed myself and thought maybe you had some cool insights to share.  I think you do, but with me it's attack attack attack.  You tailgate my posts and naysay me and try to make me look stupid.  Got it.  But I don't think that's the best use of your time. It creates drama on here but it's like a toxic form of drama that I think has a negativity to it.  This is a spirituality community.  You don't take a dump in the middle of the aisle in church.  Right?  If we're sniping at each other, then you should give me an appropriate place and time and we can play that game outside of church so to speak.  However, because nobody is doing this, you occupy that space almost alone, and do things others would never do.  You take advantage.  But you should be called out about this conduct too.  I think Mandy did kinda did tell you already yesterday as I recall to come up with something instead of challenging people.  Shin-kicking is not appreciated so much at the adult table.  Try to be nice.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

2 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Not every post needs to contain zero insights.  Do you have anything substantive to say or do you just attack people?  I'm gonna start calling you out on this.  You're like a sniper that thinks they can just shoot at people and offer nothing in the alternative.  Bring something to the table man!  Don't just trash everything.

I offer brevity as an alternative.  I offer conversation as an alternative.  I offer listening to people and paying attention to them as an alternative.  I offer self reflection as an alternative.  I offer a slight pause, not taking everything as an attack as an alternative.  I have so many alternatives to offer.

16 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

I've been exposed to her content in conversation.  I know people who hold her content in very high regard.  I don't want to become the kind of person who becomes dogmatic but also I like to respect my own taste too.  It's weird to say, but taste influences spirituality just like anything else even though we want to replace the word taste with truth.  If someone genuinely gives me something to consume, I'll do it.  I listened to Phil's Zoom call the same way.  It doesn't mean I agree.  It just means I consume.  Or you might say it like this, albeit somewhat weirdly, If approached respectfully, I'll often give anything a fair hearing.  We're all adults here, so we should be able to discuss anything.  I try to be open but nobody is perfect at this too.  But on here I have to be more open because a lot of Phil's ideas I have different ones.  Similar but different.  I've never found a teacher that I can "lock stock & barrel" mind meld with.  I have my own ideas that contain fragments of a lot of things.  I've been doing this since I was very young.  I assume all of us on here are like me in some sense and have been doing the same.  Most people here are not newbs at spirituality.  I'm not gonna bullshit anyone and say, oh yeah I agree with you.  I try to be self-honest.

The message here basically is you aren't your ideas, your ideas don't define you. There's nothing to be found in thoughts or ideas that will let you know where you or others stand. The attempt is the burn, not listening to the guidance, not allowing the instant removals of the hand on the hot stove, the suffering. No one wants you to agree or bullshit, but you can put down all the effort of the self defense, the preoccupation with where you stand here. 

Youtube Channel  

17 minutes ago, Mandy said:

The message here basically is you aren't your ideas, your ideas don't define you. There's nothing to be found in thoughts or ideas that will let you know where you or others stand. The attempt is the burn, not listening to the guidance, not allowing the instant removals of the hand on the hot stove, the suffering. No one wants you to agree or bullshit, but you can put down all the effort of the self defense, the preoccupation with where you stand here. 

Ok.  Interesting.  So you and Phil hold her in high regard.  I think I have an audiobook from her I'll check out.  I don't want to challenge anyone's orthodoxy on here.  I'm smart enough to realize the futility in doing that.  But I'm still curious and always learning and try to stay open to new things.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

It's not okay to attack people. At least not persistently. Critical attacks are fine. I'm talking about the passive aggressive put downs and the authoritarian tone in the posts. I hope mods are able to do deal with it and don't allow such users to play backseat moderators. There are power hungry users who want to control the community. This is a general open source community. This is not someone's grandfather's property. I mean get off. 

So basically I'm an autistic INFJ BPD sigma Pisces female with anger and CPTSD issues. Wow wow. 

My plate looks full. I Couldn't have been weirder than that. Now I get why I'm so idiosyncratic. 

17 minutes ago, Reena said:

It's not okay to attack people. At least not persistently. Critical attacks are fine. I'm talking about the passive aggressive put downs and the authoritarian tone in the posts. I hope mods are able to do deal with it and don't allow such users to play backseat moderators. There are power hungry users who want to control the community. This is a general open source community. This is not someone's grandfather's property. I mean get off. 

This is rich coming from you.   You complain about perceived attacks and make threads about it too.  Maybe you're trying to be a mod here.  If you are arguing for allowing, then you should allow.  You're putting forward your own standard and trying to get that enforced.  And what does this have to do with the topic of this thread?   What's good for the goose is good for the gander.  I think Phil and Mandy already can and do think on their own quite fine as far as I can tell on here.  Making up outright lies about someone and posting them on here I think most people would agree is crossing the line.  That's a no brainer.  If that's not already against the rules, I strongly propose that should be added to the list.  Defamation of someone's character ain't right especially in writing in public.  Bullying someone online should be against the rules too in my judgment.  But that's Phil and Mandy's wheelhouse and I trust they know best how to create and enforce the rules on here.  This is their house.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

God has gifted me with an intuitive judgement. And when things are deeply wrong I begin to feel sick or weirded out. The way things are being spoken in a pushy way throughout this entire thread is not acceptable behavior. 

So basically I'm an autistic INFJ BPD sigma Pisces female with anger and CPTSD issues. Wow wow. 

My plate looks full. I Couldn't have been weirder than that. Now I get why I'm so idiosyncratic. 

1 minute ago, Joseph Maynor said:

This is rich coming from you.   You complain about every perceived attack and make threads about it too.

Stop quoting me. I don't want to talk to you, you understand. You are bullying me here and I do not wish to speak to you. How many times do you need to be told. You're the one acting like a bully. Back the fuck off. Nobody needs to be afraid of you. Stop attacking me. 

This is not a perceived attack. This is an attack (thinly disguised). Pure psychopathic behavior. I mean what I see. And I know when I see it. My heart is never wrong and I have never felt so ill reading something as I do now. 

I'm reading some delusional crap that needs to be thrown out of this forum because it's infecting the community like a virus and I agree with users like Jonas Long and Isagi completely and wholeheartedly.