individual and collective consciousness

3 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Stop bullying me.  This is the third time I've had to tell you to stop.  Check yourself.  Maybe you want to be the guru here and are projecting onto me.

I think you should stand in the criticism.  Not everything you don't want to hear is bullying.  You do constantly subtly or not subtly imply your superiority in nearly every post you make.  Stuff like "most people don't understand this" "simple minded people" "black and white thinkers" etc.  Maybe you don't realize you are doing it.  

7 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Stop bullying me.  This is the third time I've had to tell you to stop.  Check yourself.  Maybe you want to be the guru here and are projecting onto me.  Earn it on your own merit, don't use me as a prop.

According to spinoza i am learning here is what Spinoza say about this kind of situations Spinoza’s definition of mockery helps us understand why this is such a powerful affect which can nurture learning. This is because it is a “joyful passion” which necessarily increases our powers of thought, making us “imagine” that we “disdain something in a thing we hate”. I think it’s important to note that mockery has its origins in hatred of a “thing”. Now in the case of satire this does not necessarily mean that the satirist hates a “person”, rather the satirist usually hates an idea such as unfairness, hypocrisy, lying, privilege, and then uses a mocking representation of a person to explore this idea. 

Nothing about you and spinoza agree with me 

for coding & software engineering services message me on discord

5 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

I agree.  I do.  But what I said is half true too.  I'm hearing it.  I'm not deaf.  I do think though that we need to be careful of who we're attacking and why.

Not all criticism is an attack.  It goes back to the magic of not taking anything personally. 

29 minutes ago, Isagi Yoichi said:

Thoughts about what's wanted that are aligned with true nature & love 

Pretty much.

Another way to put it is, focus could be on a thought which is about what’s actually wanted (to be, experience, have, create, co-create, etc)… which is alignment of thought with feeling.

Or, focus could be on a concept / conceptualization / belief. Since, like the example of unicorn as a belief, there isn’t actually ‘that’, ‘that’ can’t actually be. (There is an exception to every rule.)

Doesn’t mean there’s anything wrong with a concept / conceptualizing / belief or believing, only that focusing on doesn’t result in / manifest anything wanted. 

Getting back to the hot stove analogy… it’s all about alignment / how it feels. There’s nothing wrong with conceptualizing, knowing, understanding, etc, it’s just that focusing on these thoughts doesn’t lead to feeling and doesn’t create. 

11 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

I agree.  I do.  But what I said is half true too.  I'm hearing it.  I'm not deaf.  I do think though that we need to be careful of who we're attacking and why.

@Jonas Long You make a really good point.  It's good to take crap from people and face that.  That I agree is higher-consciousness on some level to engage with criticism.

I didn't say it was "higher consciousness" to accept criticism.  It's just "a good thing".  You're sneakily trying to do the same thing right away and toot your own horn for suddenly accepting criticism!  

6 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

I get that.  But what you'll find is that this is more of a talking point than you appreciate.  Everyone takes everything personally too on some level.  It's a paradox.  We want to work on both sides of that paradox.

It's really not.  I can't recommend highly enough the book the 4 agreements.  Its short too.

Everyone takes everything personally too on some level

That’s a belief thought loop though. 

Like… everyone takes things personally, so I take things personally, because everyone takes things personally, so I take things personally.

The ‘loop’ comes to an end when met with truth, that ‘everyone takes things personally’ is a thought, believed, a belief, and isn’t actually known. Even ‘this one dude next to me takes everything personally’ isn’t actually known as in known to be true. 

Not knowing feeling. So it works the same to say the ‘loop’ ends when the thought meets feeling (or emotion). 

It’s the hot stove thingy. Putting how you feel, first. There’s no ulterior motive or anything. That’s the whole point. Alignment, feeling as yourself, consciously creating. 

One approach to paradox is dispelling all paradoxes, as all paradoxes are beliefs… and so illumination is un-refracted by the dispelling. 

Like a sphere made of love with some bubbles of discord. With each bursting of each bubble, what the sphere is made of is inherently filling in (where bubbles of discord once were, or seemed to be technically). 

@Joseph Maynor I just shared a shared synchronicity, which I thought would be fun and chill up spine inducing since we're all co-creating "this". So the "you got it" response seemed a little odd to be honest. In regard to what @Phil shared about the stance thing, have you ever read this? It's one of my favorite things on the internet.... https://www.etymonline.com/columns/post/superstitious-understanding

No one knows where the word understanding comes from, no one understands it. Isn't that the best thing ever? 

It's hard to share, hard to play if you're trying to see where you stand all the time. The universe, interacting with each other isn't about proving ourselves, it's all just play, we're all flying around way too fast to be standing anywhere anyway. It can take a minute to relax into it, that's ok. 

Youtube Channel  

1 minute ago, Joseph Maynor said:

You used Mandy's insight though.  What's your insight?  You're stirring the pot, but I wonder what you have to say oftentimes.  You do have insights, but you also engage indirectly and sometimes diabolically from my perspective.  So, you need to look at yourself as well as others needing to look at themselves.

Its not Mandy's, it's from a book.  The one I said.  I don't really believe people "own" insights anyway.

4 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

You used Mandy's insight though.  What's your insight?  You're stirring the pot, but I wonder what you have to say oftentimes.  You do have insights, but you also engage indirectly and sometimes diabolically from my perspective.  So, you need to look at yourself as well as others needing to look at themselves.  You need to apply your teachings and insights to yourself too.  If we're being fair about things, which I assume we are.

Take a second to read my response before adding more to this, it will save us all some time. 

"Save us."  You speak for everyone here?  That's a narcissistic presumption.   I want information from you.  I want some genuine insight from you.  It's like a begging question that sits with you alone.  You're good at chameleon, magician stuff, but you spare us from any positive insights.  You come in and take the glory but leave us with nothing.  Maybe that's your teaching.  I think I just had an insight.  I know who you are.  You don't want to save anybody time, you want their time to be your time.  You want the attention.  Well, have at it!  It's yours.  Don't let me get in your way.  I'll leave it to you.  Good luck.

See, this is easy for me not to take personally, because it's blind lashing out that clearly has nothing to do with me.  Take a breath.  

BTW constantly labeling your stream of consciousness as "insights" seems like a real compulsion you have.  What are you trying to prove, and to whom? 

I don't have "teachings", I'm not a teacher.  I don't want to be or presume to be.  Maybe also examine your obsession with seeing others and being seen that way.

Edited by Jonas Long

2 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

I need to digest what I've said now.  I thank you all for tolerating me on here.  This is where I've been doing the work from my perspective.  

Maybe you should take time to digest what other people have said?  That thing about taking a lengthy vacation from your own asshole(like Jesus said) NOT taking a vacation too go deeper inside it.

Just now, Jonas Long said:

I'd rather just repeat yours 🤣

😐 

It just Don-ed on me. I bet Don was/is a lot more agreeable than you guys though, twice, thrice, four times more agreeable. Seriously though, how long do you have to spend slinging mud to realize that it would be beneficial if you both worked together to move to higher ground? Those visceral reactions are pure gold. 

Youtube Channel  

7 minutes ago, Mandy said:

😐

It just Don-ed on me. I bet Don was/is a lot more agreeable than you guys though, twice, thrice, four times more agreeable. Seriously though, how long do you have to spend slinging mud to realize that it would be beneficial if you both worked together to move to higher ground? Those visceral reactions are pure gold. 

Do insights really originate from a you or a me?  Or a Don?  I don't think I'm slinging mud, but maybe it's not for me to say.  I feel like I'm attempting to spray off caked on calcified mud.  Maybe I'm not very good at it.

10 minutes ago, Mandy said:

😐

It just Don-ed on me. I bet Don was/is a lot more agreeable than you guys though, twice, thrice, four times more agreeable. 

Isn't this kind if ironic though, as it's an assumption?  He could be a total asshole who wrote a great book.  The 4 agreements aren't his invention or "insight" either, he talks about how they came from his inherited culture. 

@Jonas Long You can't correct the reflection in mirror, it's like putting your eyeliner and lipstick on the mirror instead of your actual face and laughing at the mirror for looking ridiculous.

1 minute ago, Jonas Long said:

Isn't this kind if ironic though, as it's an assumption?  He could be a total asshole who wrote a great book.  The 4 agreements aren't his invention or "insight" either, he talks about how they came from his inherited culture. 

No, there just aren't any assholes. There's no Santa Claus, no assholes, nothing to live up to. 

Youtube Channel