Actualized.org and Leo Gura must be stopped

Reena

7 hours ago, Phil said:

@Joseph Maynor

Not with ya on that blood boiling aspect though. 

Well then we disagree.  Your blood would be boiling if someone did something to you.  I care about others.  If outrage is in your shadow, something's wrong.  I won't go so far to say this is lack of compassion but it's odd.  I think there's a disconnect between what you want to say publicly and how you really feel, especially when it concerns you.  Your blood would boil if someone were to target you or your family.  It's not virtuous or reasonable to be calm when something happening is wrong.  That's spiritual bypassing.  That's way too Divine Feminine.  How would you feel if someone were gaslighting your kid online -- getting them to question their sense of reality and replace it with their own?  I know someone very close to me who says she was very damaged by what she experienced on Leo's forum.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

On 3/17/2023 at 9:27 PM, Cupcake said:

This should be either an elaborate lie or a massive exaggeration. He is an embarrassment to the psychedelic community. 

No way can a person do that many trips and fail at basic things. 

Either that or it's a proof that psychedelics don't work. 

It’s not that psychedelics don’t work. It’s just that giving psychedelics to psychopath or narcissists doesn’t work. I think this is a great example that could be studied in psychology - what happens when a narcissist starts tripping regularly. 

13 hours ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Well then we disagree.  Your blood would be boiling if someone did something to you.  I care about others.  If outrage is in your shadow, something's wrong.  I won't go so far to say this is lack of compassion but it's odd.  I think there's a disconnect between what you want to say publicly and how you really feel, especially when it concerns you.  Your blood would boil if someone were to target you or your family.  It's not virtuous or reasonable to be calm when something happening is wrong.  That's spiritual bypassing.  That's way too Divine Feminine.  How would you feel if someone were gaslighting your kid online -- getting them to question their sense of reality and replace it with their own?  I know someone very close to me who says she was very damaged by what she experienced on Leo's forum.

Others is a belief.

On 3/18/2023 at 5:37 PM, Joseph Maynor said:

Hey,

Ummmmmmmmmm... I don't think there is a lot I could say about it tbh. I guess I will state the obvious in that this wasn't my content, but rather another YouTuber who wanted to talk to me specifically about Leo because he went through that whole Actualized ringer, and thankfully started to look for a more grounded approach.  

As for the thread itself - Its the same old defensive knee-jerk over-reaction without actually understanding what is being said. Same old Leo, same old drones running defence. A good example of this is Leo's little rant about "compassion" which was a response to me mentioning how shitty and flippant he is in addressing the members of the forum. Clearly its an issue, we know its an issue because in moments of clarity HE HIMSELF has made video's and posts promising to be less of a dick, which immediately falls by the wayside when his nature re-asserts itself. So if we can agree that he has an issue controlling his attitude then what is the problem with talking about it?

The answer is simply that Leo cannot handle criticism, and so he gets triggered by the mere act of criticism, without understanding the nature or validity of the criticism. To go back to my original video on him - clearly he doesn't have 5MEO DMT induced psychic healing abilities, so what was the actual problem with pointing that out? Likewise here he clearly does talk to people in a flippant, authoritarian, and slightly twatty manner. I know it, he knows it, we all know it, and its completely unnecessary other than to give him a little power trip - so what is so offensive to him about pointing it out? My guess is that to him the offense is the mere act of criticism, particularly when the criticism is valid.

In his response he straw mans my point about compassion. Nobody is expecting him to hand out hugs or to not be serious about his work, but that's not really the argument being made - which is that its absolutely possible for him to go about his guru business without acting like a massive cunt to the people who (presumably) look up to him, particularly when dealing with people who are clearly psychologically fragile. 

I see he has now banned any mention of me on his channel - I'm flattered that I got under his skin that badly, but like I said at the beginning it wasn't even my video, so basically he is flipping out over anyone even talking about him outside of his official narrative. DEFINITELY NOT A CULT  😃

On the plus side - my Discord server has seen a boost in ex-Actualized people looking for a less toxic place to discuss psychedelics online, so thats nice. If anyone else wants to join then the link is below.

https://discord.gg/Gr8EADfKwX

My YouTube channel - Adeptus Psychonautica

20 minutes ago, Adeptus Psychonautica said:

In his response he straw mans my point about compassion

He uses so so so many toxic argumentation tactics, it’s crazy how he can be so openly manipulative without barely anyone calling it out there 

This is not in response to any particular comments or members but a general reminder for all. Please feel free to use the Emptying section of this forum to clear up confusion around anything specific that a teacher has said and make the intention of your discussion less about the right or wrongness of the teacher themselves. We aim to do our very best to apply the principles in the guidelines of this forum to everyone, regardless of whether they are present on the forum or not. If we are talking about any one specific, teacher, politician, member, etc, the focus should be questioning the specific comment, viewpoint, action or policy, not the person themselves. 

Youtube Channel  

On 3/19/2023 at 8:33 AM, Joseph Maynor said:

From a mod on Leo’s forum:

“The fact of the matter it is the criticism is an unnecessary distraction.   We have allowed it to fester here for years.  But that time is done.  If I see someone here saying the teachings here are delusional I will ban them.  I'm done playing the nice guy.  If you want to be here, be here to learn.   Be open minded and humble to the fact that perhaps you aren't yet awake and that perhaps what is being brought to you here can awaken you.  If not, then get lost.  It's really quite simple.”

Dude.  Really?  To me this post is delusional.  This is not good.  This looks very cultlike to me.  This is how people are abused in cults.   Blindly accept the cult leader and his flying monkeys or gtfo!  This is bringing back a lot of my childhood trauma.  Today I’m going to make a video as to why I have trauma around gaslighting and cults.  This is not a game — this is messing with real people.  Examine what you’re doing and why you’re doing it.

SOURCE

https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/90885-defense-of-leos-harsh-style-why-you-should-love-him-not-expect-him-to-be-loving/?page=2#comment-1287281

The point was not to take anything as a belief but to be open minded if you are going to participate there.  Not just spend your time criticizing or saying how delusional the staff is there for talking about the stuff we talk about.   After a while it just becomes a distraction to those there to learn about idealism and such concepts to where they might be inspired to investigate for themselves via the practices, before just writing things off and assuming the materialist paradigm is true.  

Blaming Leo and mods for suicides is also kinda outrageous.   It is not what we teach.  We emphasize free thought and embrace the human condition. But I don't see you quoting that post I made, or where I specifically stated belittling or talking down to someone is wrong.   I like you too.  It also looks like flyboys ban was lifted so it was obviously realized that talking down to him was uncalled for and that he was a valued member of the forum.   

Edited by Robed Mystic

I can’t tell you how refreshing it felt for me to be off the internet almost all day today.  Spent the whole day in the park and walking and talking to real people.  I think a lot of issues happen when anyone is restricted socially to living online.  That’s a big thing for the neuroticism of the Actualized forum.  Make sure you’re getting offline and outside in the sunshine and interacting with human beings in person.  I think the internet drives a lot of us a bit cray cray.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

12 hours ago, Omar Osama said:

Why? 

trolling and, incidentally, ended up testing bias.

I was being humorous/ironic to the extreme in order to trivialize a bit this type of threads.

I agree with @Joseph Maynor . If you want, get off the internet and phone often. It's healthy for you and as a result may also be for everyone else around you.

Edited by MetaSage

2 hours ago, MetaSage said:

just having fun and testing bias, incidentally. I guess my post 

can earn warnings but isn't enough to be hidden. makes you wonder why.

"Just having fun testing bias", is trolling. So is the follow up comment about "wondering why" it isn't hidden. If your post ought to be hidden, hide your own post. Posting to trigger or test moderation efforts is trolling. This section of the forum is for healing, honest, vulnerable expression, not for "testing bias", spreading rhetoric, arguing about the rightness or wrongness of specific people, playing mind games, etc. 

Youtube Channel  

“[You] do not understand the value of bullying” .  If someone says they were bullied and they make excuses for bullies, something is way off about that person in my opinion.   I think there’s some people who for some unknown reason are talking nonsense.  It’s like they are the bully but they want to appear like a victim who has been reformed and now accepts the bully.  It’s a game to try to gaslight people but it’s surface level only.  If you value the bully, it could be because you are the bully.  Nobody really hates themselves especially people that are arrogant and outspoken.  Buts it’s like who’s fooling who here?  Making excuses for accepting bullying on Actualized also seems like a sneaky way to score a couple of brownie points as well.  It’s amazing what people will do to kiss a leader’s butt to elevate themselves.  I couldn't make this shit up.

SOURCE

https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/90970-self-love-is-essential/

Edited by Joseph Maynor

On 3/18/2023 at 12:33 PM, Orb said:

For anyone wondering why some people on actualized don't see through the narcissism and obvious delusion. 

Identification with thought creates a "numbness", this is why thought identified people go to the point where they eventually harm each other with no remorse or they don't feel the remorse. 

Actualized attracts people who are naturally heavily identified with thought, so the people who are resonating with Leo are also numb to the deception.

Leos on the dot bro 

Screenshot_20220402-110434_Skype.jpg

20230305_023137.jpg

Screenshot_20230225_224348_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20230301_051930_YouTube.jpg

@Iesu there are a billion people ready to tell you that there's a God on a throne in heaven waiting to judge you, does that mean it's true?

"Mediocrity is gone. Mind is clear of limitation. I seek no state of enlightenment. Neither do I remain where no enlightenment exists. Since I linger in neither condition, eyes cannot see me. If hundreds of birds strew my path with flowers, such praise would be meaningless."

A Comment on the 8th Ox Herding Picture

1 minute ago, Orb said:

@Iesu there are a billion people ready to tell you that there's a God on a throne in heaven waiting to judge you, does that mean it's true?

It's your dream at the end of the day 

With God all things are possible 

Edited by Iesu