Actualized.org and Leo Gura must be stopped

Reena

There must be an effortless way.

1 hour ago, DMT Elf said:

When he says “non-duality is bullshit” I think what he means to say is that his followers ideas about non-duality are bullshit.

Why are you misrepresenting him? 

He has never stated that his followers ideas of non-duality are bullshit. In that case he would have clarified it by saying "you're misunderstanding it." 

He has clearly stated that he is no longer associated with non duality or Buddhism or enlightenment. 

He doesn't teach enlightenment anymore. 

He wants his own brand of awakening. 

So he can sell it at sky high prices. 

People really fall for this. Unbelievable 

So basically I'm an autistic INFJ BPD sigma Pisces female with anger and CPTSD issues. Wow wow. 

My plate looks full. I Couldn't have been weirder than that. Now I get why I'm so idiosyncratic. 

I never spent a dime on Leo. 

I'm very proud of this achievement. My money will never go to him. 

So basically I'm an autistic INFJ BPD sigma Pisces female with anger and CPTSD issues. Wow wow. 

My plate looks full. I Couldn't have been weirder than that. Now I get why I'm so idiosyncratic. 

2 hours ago, DMT Elf said:

My point is that I strongly suspect Leo’s recent proclivity for bashing non-duality is not an accurate reflection of his actual thoughts and opinions on the subject, and does not stem from his own personal misunderstanding of what non-duality is.

Leo clearly understands what non-duality is evidenced by his 3 part series in which he demonstrated his proficiency. 
Leo clearly doesn’t think non-duality is bullshit either evidenced by his massive video library full of ideas consistent with non-duality.
When he says “non-duality is bullshit” I think what he means to say is that his followers ideas about non-duality are bullshit. Non-duality when misunderstood can easily be turned into dogma. Actual non-duality however cannot be turned into dogma because actual non-duality is not a theory, idea, or belief.

I think that we all observe lots of cases of nonduality turned into a dogma, but I think that's a trigger that's being reacted to because it mirrors something. It can't be understood. Misunderstandings based on beliefs in duality can be seen to be misunderstandings. A misunderstanding realized to be a misunderstanding never becomes a special understanding. The entirety of what is being marketed is special understanding, so anything that points to that there is no such special or higher understanding is going to be seen as damaging and threatening. To what, though? 

Youtube Channel  

5 hours ago, DMT Elf said:

My point is that I strongly suspect Leo’s recent proclivity for bashing non-duality is not an accurate reflection of his actual thoughts and opinions on the subject, and does not stem from his own personal misunderstanding of what non-duality is.

Leo clearly understands what non-duality is evidenced by his 3 part series in which he demonstrated his proficiency. 
Leo clearly doesn’t think non-duality is bullshit either evidenced by his massive video library full of ideas consistent with non-duality.
When he says “non-duality is bullshit” I think what he means to say is that his followers ideas about non-duality are bullshit. Non-duality when misunderstood can easily be turned into dogma. Actual non-duality however cannot be turned into dogma because actual non-duality is not a theory, idea, or belief.

Interesting.  Someone recently accused me too of not teaching and practicing  nonduality which I think is false.  A couple of things from my own perspective.  There is a difference between vehicles toward nonduality in the sense of language, versus nonduality as what is being pointed to.  I’m not sure many people who are teaching nonduality actually resonate with it.  In other words, they get stuck on their language games and ideas — on the vehicles — and don’t really want to embody nonduality.  They get stuck in the finger pointing and really don’t like being the moon.  A good nonduality teacher in my opinion gets you to experience the moon through the vehicle of a really good finger pointing there.  I think one of the telltale signs of someone who doesn’t really resonate with nonduality even if they talk a lot about it is they’re more attached to the vehicles or teachings or finger than they are embodying and helping others embody the moon.  I think a good nonduality teacher has a nice working with between finger pointing and moon — they realize both are needed.  I’m not sure Leo likes the moon with nonduality — I think he prefers the finger more.  He also reduces the Other to the I which is not really nonduality.  He would have to loosen his white knuckle grip quite a bit on the I.  There are people who have the opposite problem in that they reduce the I to the Other so they come to kind of a white knuckle attachment to No I or No Self.  Nonduality is about going beyond this kind of privileging one side of the I vs./and No I duality.

What do yall think of this? Has anyone experienced this in their direct experience?

Got this from Leo's blog. Here's what he has to say:

"That's sort of what Awakening can feel like. It can fee like you take a few steps back from your entire field of perception and see it from a meta, nowhere perspective. The bubble itself is floating in nothingness. This is what makes it feel solipsistic. Reality IS this bubble of Consciousness. That's what the "universe" is.

You are not a human or a biological organism. You are this bubble of Consciousness. This bubble does not exist within time nor space. It does not exist on planet Earth. It is not inside of anything. It is not subordinate to anything. It is not made of atoms or anything. It is not happening in a brain. It has no age. It has no mechanical causes. It is not governed by any physical laws. It has no parents. It isn't born and it doesn't die. It has no beginning nor end. This bubble does not exist within a universe, the universe exists within the bubble. And there is only this one bubble.

That is the ultimate nature of reality. It's pretty fucking weird. It doesn't make human sense. It is absolutely magic. It is God.

Very Important: Please keep in mind that this is just one way to experience Awakening. There are many other very radically different ways. Do not take this too literally!"

I know I look kinda crazy visually in this video, but I wanted to share it and this is one of my proudest videos.  People have given me a lot of kudos for this video.  I made this video about 1.5 years ago.  I know I've aged a lot in 1.5 years physically but save my face regarding that lol.  I'm not old, I'm a classic!  There's a lot of life in my years, this is what I tell myself to feel good.  I've grown a lot since this video and my understanding of the Masculine and the Feminine has been honed since this time.   I'm still proud of this video and it really is a creature of its time.  I don't think I could make this exact video today.  I took a deep dive into this issue around this time.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

1 hour ago, TheGreekSeeker said:

I want to express my opinion here. Leo's teachings and behaviour are very charismatic. His ways of talking are mesmerizing. Personally, I am a very panicky and anxiety oriented person. So  whenever I hear about Solipsism or about the new found Alien God Consciousness I feel that I am losing myself. Literally, I feel that I am experiencing derealisation/depersonalisation. it's like it is causing me psychosis. And the thing is, I already take antidepressants that stabilise my mood. But whenever I read a post of his, I literally feel that I am going crazy.

Kind of a weird connotation of charisma. Maybe you aren’t a very panicky anxiety oriented person. Maybe you can’t lose yourself, as in you are yourself. Maybe ‘stuff’ feels off… because it is. Maybe what you’re framing up as weaknesses are actually strengths. 

1 hour ago, Phil said:

@Reborn

Yep. 

Ironically, in that explaination he reveals he doesn’t actually understand infinity. 

If there's a field of consciousness floating in infinite nothingness, am I the nothingness or am I the field of consciousness, or am I both?

My field of perception sure as hell doesn't feel infinite.

Edited by Reborn

Just now, Reborn said:

If there's a field of consciousness floating in infinite nothingness, am I the nothingness or am I the field of consciousness, or am I both?

A sphere isn’t a bubble, isn’t floating and isn’t a field of consciousness. Infinite nothingness = infinite consciousness. Synonymous. Same. There isn’t a both, hence Nonduality, not two. You’re neither, none of these. 

44 minutes ago, DMT Elf said:

And on the point of ‘special understanding’, if you realize a key misunderstanding that few others realize, maybe what’s then understood was always the case to begin with, but doesn’t it still become a special understanding in some sense? Like, yeah, what’s true was true before it was noticed, but the fact that it wasn’t noticed is what makes it significant to discover. 

What's the root of special and significance, what's typically sought for in things believed to be special and significant?  

46 minutes ago, DMT Elf said:

@Mandy btw, I don’t claim to have reached any ‘special understandings’, I’m only suggesting that it’s likely possible to do so.

"Suggesting that it's likely possible", so you believe that it's possible, you claim not to have a special understanding but also claim to know with some degree of certainty even if it's only 60 or 70% to be likely that it's possible to have a special understanding, but you're also certain that you don't have the understanding. What if the separate  you and others who have understandings is the very misunderstanding. 

A pointing to a misunderstanding is like a punch line. There's nothing special about a punch line, the feeling of relief, or laughter isn't inherent in the punchline. 

Youtube Channel  

9 minutes ago, DMT Elf said:

Obscure truths might be the root of significance.
I could also just say that what’s sought is significance itself. I don’t see a problem there.

There isn't a problem, it's just a question. What's the significance of significance, why is significance desirable? 

9 minutes ago, DMT Elf said:

I think you’re overanalyzing here.
I agree that separate selves is a misunderstanding, but there’s still understanding.

Understanding for who? 

10 minutes ago, DMT Elf said:

Wanna go head to head on consciousness? I bet you can’t even play chess.

😂

Youtube Channel