Music

MazE

Released in 1983.  One of my favorite albums.  This album is next level.   This came out 1 year after Asia's Debut in 1982.   You can see how these artists are influencing each other and taking it to the next level in a linear and nonlinear way.  It's like standing on the shoulders of what came before you and adding what you have to it too.  I can tell Iron Maiden's "Somewhere In Time (1986)" was influenced by this album.  I appreciate Ross Valory's bass playing.   Top shelf.  

Steve Perry - vocals
Neal Schon - rhythm and lead guitar
Jonathan Cain - keyboards
Ross Valory - bass
Steve Smith - drums

There are some additional credits for musicianship.

//

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Released in 1982.  One of my favorite albums.  This album is super integrous.  This is Progressive Rock meets New Wave in at least one way of looking at it.  But that's too narrow of a scope as Rush defies simple categorization.  I can hear a big Tubeway Army/Gary Numan influence on this album.  This album was a deliberate integration of New Wave.  Top shelf.

Geddy Lee – vocals, bass, keyboards
Alex Lifeson – rhythm and lead guitar
Neil Peart – drums, percussion

Edited by Joseph Maynor

This is such a beautiful song. I would want my future boyfriend to sing this for me. 

So basically I'm an autistic INFJ BPD sigma Pisces female with anger and CPTSD issues. Wow wow. 

My plate looks full. I Couldn't have been weirder than that. Now I get why I'm so idiosyncratic. 

Released in 1980.  One of my favorite albums.  I gotta listen to this one this am, the first album of the great trilogy (Permanent Waves, Moving Pictures, Signals).  What I love about this trilogy is Rush's integration of New Wave.  This album is the first one in the trilogy, so you can hear a lot more of their Progressive Rock roots on this album.  There's an interplay between Rush and The Police which is interesting too.  They definitely influence each other and both bands are trios.  This album was definitely influenced by The Police.  It's cool to hear the lead guitar solos/stylings  of Alex Lifeson on this album.   He's a unique and very original guitar player

Geddy Lee - bass, keyboards, vocals
Alex Lifeson - rhythm and lead guitar
Neil Peart - drums, percussion

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Released in 1981.  One of my favorite albums.  Nice and loud too.  Rush and The Police are very similar but yet different.  The Police were influenced by Rush and Rush was influenced by The Police.  There's a very nice trading of influences there.  I can hear a Rush influence on this album.  This album is so integrous yet still manages to be classifiable as New Wave.  I appreciate the Reggae/Dub influence in The Police in general, and also on this album.  There's a looseness in the sound on this album which is cool.  It's kind of an Art Rock album.  The Police didn't have the Progressive Rock background like Rush, so they're free from that baggage for better or for worse.  They're like the son of Rush, the next generation.  Sort of, because nothing is that linear.   But influences are there too.   You can trace them out to a certain limited extent if you are able to in some subject area of life.

Sting – bass, keyboards, lead and backing vocals
Andy Summers – rhythm and lead guitar, keyboards, backing vocals
Stewart Copeland – drums, percussion, keyboards, backing vocals

Edited by Joseph Maynor