Music

MazE

Released in 1971.  One of my favorite albums.  One of the best Krautrock albums.  I like the Linearity (forward motion) even though it does have that Stand Still aspect to it too.  I like the implied polyrhythmic Percussion.  I love the Electronica on this album, it sounds so foreign. so abstract, but it's not too.  Top shelf.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Released in 1974.  One of my favorite albums.  This sounds like a very Mature Krautrock album to me.  You can hear a lot of the Krautrock ideas/motifs in this album.  I appreciate the Change of Key aspect of this album.  I like the Pacing in this album too.  You can see how this is an early New Age album too.  Top shelf.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Released in 1975.  One of my favorite albums.  This is a very mature Krautrock album.  It fascinates to be to find where Krautrock, Berlin School, New Age, and Ambient have lines of influence with each other.  This is one of those bridging albums.  I love the Electronica.  Top shelf.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Released in 1997. One of my favorite albums. Hugely influential early Post Rock album. What I like about this album is it's entirely Post Rock. Beautifully melancholic. This is one of those blueprint albums that widely influenced later artists and albums.  I like the New Age aspect of this album too.  Top shelf.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Released in 1976.  One of my favorite albums.  This is kind of the next Neu! album after Neu! 75.  very mature Krautrock album.  Proto Post Punk sort of.  PIL was obviously influenced by this album and Wire too.  "Silver Cloud" seems like it might have had an influence on Post Rock.  I can hear a definite Faust influence on this album.  This album is highly integrous but also highly original.  Top shelf.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Released in 1975.  One of my favorite albums. This is a very mature Krautrock album.  I like the New Age aspect of this album.  It's also got some Proto Post Punk and Proto Synthpop aspects.  This album is highly integrous and also highly original.  It's also kinda ahead of its time too.  Top shelf.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Released in 1977.  One of my favorite albums.  This is a New Age album.  i can hear aspects of Krautrock, Berlin School,  and British Progressive Rock in this album.  You can see how integrous and also how original this album is.  I like the use of Melody on this album.  Top Shelf.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Released in 1978.  One of my favorite albums.  One of the early New Age albums.  New Age seems to be wider than Krautrock and Berlin School.  I can hear some British Progressive Rock ideas in these early New Age albums.  They're very widely integrous.  You can hear "Tubular Bells (1973)" album influence in this album and "Spiral (1977)" above.  I like the use of Melody and the warm vibe on this album.  Top shelf.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Released in 1977.  One of my favorite albums.  Sounds a lot like  a New Age album.  This album is often overlooked and underrated too.  This is a very mature Klaus Schulze album.  I love the tight Composition.  I can hear a lot of Krautrock ideas/motifs being integrated in this album.  This is a very mature Krautrock/Berlin School album too.  Top shelf.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Released in 1999.  One of my favorite albums.  One of the greatest Post Rock albums of all time.  I love the Dynamics in this album.  This album is highly integrous and also highly original.  Nice and loud too!  I like the beautiful melancholy on this album and the Minimalism.  The interplay between Electronica and Organic Musical Instruments is also cool.  That's a feature of Post Rock.  You can see/hear/notice the baton being passed in this album between Krautrock, Berlin School, New Age and Post Rock.  But this is a thoroughly Post Rock album too.  Top shelf.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Released in 2009.  One of my favorite albums.  One of the best Post Rock albums in my opinion.  Super integrous and super original.  I appreciate how rightly Composed this album is.  I can hear a slight Tortoise influence on this album added in as a sort of Contrast to the very tight Composition.  It's like a Funky breath of fresh air after being guided by the hand.  Those are sprinkled in intelligently in this album.  People need and want Variety/Variation on some level in music even if it's very tightly Composed.  Top shelf.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Released in 1991.  One of my favorite albums.  Excellent Electronica album.  Sounds ahead of its time but you can appreciate the influences it draws from too.  There's a 3rd bonus disc to this album that is excellent too.  This almost sounds like a very mature Krautrock or Berlin School album.  There's a New Age quality to this album too.  The early 1990's is amazing for Electronica.  Top shelf.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Released in 1972.  One of my favorite albums.  Highly integrous and also highly original.  Great Krautrock album.  I love the Atmospherics.  One of the best Tape Music albums I've ever heard -- this album and "Neu! 2 (1973)".  This album sounds a few years ahead of its time in terms of the ideas/motifs that it's laying down.  This might be my favorite Kraftwerk album.  Top shelf.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor