Music

MazE

Released in 1971.  One of my favorite albums.   One of the best Krautrock albums in my opinion.  I'm pretty sure this album had an influence on Post Rock.  I can hear some Musique Concrete nod in places too.  This album is both integrous and original.  Top shelf.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Released in 1971.  One of my favorite albums.  One of the best Krautrock albums in my opinion.  This album definitely had an influence on Post Rock.  I like the Hard Rock influence in this album.  Integrous and original in equal measure.  This album sounds way ahead of its time.  I would call this an Art Rock album too.  Top Shelf.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Released in 1971.  One of my favorite albums.  This is one of the best Krautrock albums in my opinion.  This is one of those blueprint albums that influenced a lot of musicians and albums that came after it.  It's obvious this album had an influence on Post Rock as well.  I like the Minimalism.  It's good from beginning to end and thus you're in for a whole trip.  It integrates Krautrock ideas but it's also highly original too.    I like the World Music vibe.  I like the 2 bonus tracks at the end of this version of the album, very Musique Concrete inspired.  Top shelf.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Released in 1974.  One of my favorite albums.  I'm trusting Progarchives.com for the date of release of this album.  I like the Free Jazz influence.  It kinda reminds me of the first Cosmic Jokers album but with a more Jazz emphasis.  Reminds me a little bit of the band Tortoise who I'm pretty sure took influence from this album and band.   I can hear some "Hosianna Mantra (1972)" influence on this album too.  I like the Timbres on this album.  Top shelf.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Released in 1972.  One of my favorite albums.  Words don't do this album justice.  It's one of the very best Krautrock albums.  I like how tightly composed this album is.  I appreciate the World Music aspect to this album as well.  The Percussion on this album is also notable.  This album reminds me of TWDY's album "Young Mountain (2006)" in how out there and also tightly composed these two albums are.  Top Shelf.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Released in 2006.  One of my favorite albums.  One of the best Post Rock albums too.  I like how tightly composed this album is and it's linearity.  You can see how this album and "Malesch (1973)" (see immediately above) are kinda similar in those respects.  Also this album has great Percussion too .  Top shelf.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Released in 2006.  One of my favorite albums.  This album reminds me a lot of "Young Mountain (2006)" (see immediately above) that also came out this same year.  I appreciate the tight composition and linearity (much like a typical Rock album has).  I like the Heavy Metal influence on this album too.  I like the Math Rock influence.  Top shelf.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Released in 1971. One of my favorite albums. This is one of the best Krautrock album albums of all time.  I appreciate the Rhythms on this album.  This album is a trip in itself.  I can tell David Bowie was influenced by this album in his Berlin Period.  This album was recorded in a castle!  Top shelf.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Released in 1976.  One of my favorite albums.  This is a very mature Krautrock album in my opinion.  This album is moving into New Age territory too. This is one of those blueprint albums that had wide influence and it's kinda ahead of its time too.  I love the Electronica on this album.  I like the use of Key Changes on this album too.  I appreciate how he breaks it up with keyboard Improvisations that are like fragments of Melodies. Top shelf.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Released on 1970.  One of my favorite albums.  One of the greatest Krautrock albums of all time.  This is Tangerine Dream's first album.  On vinyl.  Nice and loud.  There's a lot of Krautrock ideas/motifs on this album.  I like the Linearity of this album, it moves forward like a Rock album.  I like the Pink Floyd influence.  Top shelf.

Edited by Joseph Maynor