What Political Values do you Align With Most?

What is your Political Leaning?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. ^

• Left
    • Right
    • Moderate
    • Dont Care
    • Independent

Just now, Orb said:

I think that's a consequence on how the cops operate. They naturally prioritize the drug dealers. Not the buyers. 

Plus the dealers are usually more dangerous than some kid in college who wants to do coke and drink beers. 

A drug dealer has a boss and that boss has a boss and so on, its a whole network that leads to some kind of "blood money". 

LOL, where I'm from, the traffickers are white, the dealers on on campus, guess who I see on the news getting busted? 

The reason they're more dangerous is "The war on drugs".

2 minutes ago, Devin said:

LOL, where I'm from, the traffickers are white, the dealers on on campus, guess who I see on the news getting busted? 

Well that's a matter of publicity, just because it's not on the news doesn't mean that white traffickers aren't being arrested. 

You ever wondered if the news purposely shows only minority groups getting arrested because it's what people want to see in order to affirm their beliefs? 

Watch police cam videos on youtube, white people are always being arrested for dumb shit lol its just not on the news.

Edited by Orb

"Mediocrity is gone. Mind is clear of limitation. I seek no state of enlightenment. Neither do I remain where no enlightenment exists. Since I linger in neither condition, eyes cannot see me. If hundreds of birds strew my path with flowers, such praise would be meaningless."

A Comment on the 8th Ox Herding Picture

1 minute ago, Orb said:

To be fair both sides make that assumption, can we agree on that? 

No dude, lookup the Obama election "record black Democrat voters".

Why do you think democrats go out of their way for minority votes?(Biden and Charlamane that God interview). Because they know they're not democrats.

Just now, Orb said:

Well that's a matter of publicity, just because it's not on the news doesn't mean that white traffickers aren't being arrested. 

You ever wondered if the news purposely shows only minority groups getting arrested because it's what people want to see in order to affirm their beliefs? 

Watch police cam videos on youtube, what people are always being arrested for dumb shit lol its just not on the news.

I'm in a conservative area, conservative local news.

@Devin ah okay. I can't remember what this discussion started as but whatever it's all good I'm satisfied ✌️

"Mediocrity is gone. Mind is clear of limitation. I seek no state of enlightenment. Neither do I remain where no enlightenment exists. Since I linger in neither condition, eyes cannot see me. If hundreds of birds strew my path with flowers, such praise would be meaningless."

@Devin I'm gonna research right wing thought beyond the common understanding and see if there's gold in it. 

2 minutes ago, Devin said:

Rght wing "thought" is, "let's not change a damn thing", that's the opposite of thought.

I disagree. Maybe look into it deeper than those surface level ideas. 

And hold on a second, you still equate the blm riots to the majority of republican voters still supporting trump after jan6?

CBS News

www.cbsnews.com

CBS News poll finds Trump's big lead grows, as GOP voters dismiss ...

Aug 20, 2023 —

Edited by Devin

39 minutes ago, Devin said:

And hold on a second, you still equate the blm riots to the majority of republican voters still supporting trump after jan6?

CBS News

www.cbsnews.com

CBS News poll finds Trump's big lead grows, as GOP voters dismiss ...

Aug 20, 2023 —

I never did, I equated the riots to the Jan 6 event, not to the republican voters still supporting trump.

45 minutes ago, Devin said:

What new ideas have they EVER came up with?

Capitalism, that idea was pretty new, I think it works great!

21 minutes ago, Orb said:

I never did, I equated the riots to the Jan 6 event, not to the republican voters still supporting trump.

Cool, well that's what I meant by saying both sides are equally crazy is way off in my opinion, the majority of Republicans still support trump for president, I don't see much left wing support for race riots, the two sides aren't even close in my opinion in the conversation of crazy.

23 minutes ago, Orb said:

Capitalism, that idea was pretty new, I think it works great!

That was a left wing idea, the founders were left wing progressives, the Loyalists supported the Kingdom of England.

Left, mostly. There is too much nonsensery in the right. Lately I've also felt that the left in general should do better. For example, there is some serious issues with unhealthy conformism. In & out - group thinking. The left doesn't recognize the right for what it is. Also narcissism. Arrogance. Hiding behind it.

And just in general, the left just constantly complains about stuff. Constant contemplation on the pitfalls of capitalism etc etc etc. Too heavy intellectualization. The "what we WANT" isn't brought up strongly enough. The left doesn't have an exciting, happy, attractive vision FOR something, it's AGAINST something like fascism or capitalism etc.

For example, what's really hot nowadays is "anti-fascism" and "anti-capitalism". These actually can't exist without fascism & capitalism.

But it's better IMO than right in general. Way more transparent, honest, just generally more "grown up". The left sees things that the right is completely blind of. For example cultural conditioning etc. But the conformism, in & out - group and narcissism are serious pitfalls. For example, pointing out the things I point in this post could out-group me in some cases. 🙄

There must be an effortless way.

I really want a system where people can vote on every single issue, and it would be much closer to a true democracy, less by representation, but by particular issue. No longer will your vote be weighted on where you live, as currently urban people's votes are worth far less than strategic rural areas (which allows for manipulation of the system). No longer will we be distracted, enchanted and angered by the character and presentation of an individual politician. No longer the responsibility of the world placed on one person's shoulders. Instead, one vote is one vote, for each issue, local or federal. Utter accountability, vote if you care, abstain of you don't. With the internet and technology this is for the first time possible for most issues. The two party system and necessity of people subscribing to one or the other would then be totally obsolete. 

Youtube Channel  

1 hour ago, Mandy said:

I really want a system where people can vote on every single issue, and it would be much closer to a true democracy, less by representation, but by particular issue. No longer will your vote be weighted on where you live, as currently urban people's votes are worth far less than strategic rural areas (which allows for manipulation of the system). No longer will we be distracted, enchanted and angered by the character and presentation of an individual politician. No longer the responsibility of the world placed on one person's shoulders. Instead, one vote is one vote, for each issue, local or federal. Utter accountability, vote if you care, abstain of you don't. With the internet and technology this is for the first time possible for most issues. The two party system and necessity of people subscribing to one or the other would then be totally obsolete. 

I agree, though a couple things come to mind:

Who would initiate / create the new law suggestions people would vote about? How do we decide which suggestions we have elections about? Lobbyists? 🫣

These days the one seeking to be elected gives promises as to which laws / suggestions he or she is going to be supporting if they are elected etc. And often these are even made my entire parties. That's kind of one of the main functions of political parties / elected officials.

Also, a lot of laws are weird stuff most people have literally no knowledge about, like deep bureucratic stuff. What comes to mind for example, how long can a truck driver drive without taking an obligated break. Or how tall can a certain building be in a certain area. Or how many people are allowed in a certain size of a building. How many smoke detectors does a school require. Obviously these kind of laws kind of require a group of carreer lawmakers who listen to experts etc. It would be ridiculous for all citizens to vote on specific laws like these.

Also, there needs to be a connection from outside to the lawmaking. For example, we have a president and a foreign minister who works as a middle man between foreign nations / officials and the lawmaking. And we have a minister of education to connect the schools, teachers and even students to the lawmaking. And a minister of enviroment, a minister of economics, a minister of armed forces... etc.

Nancy Pelosi recently visited Taiwan. And Biden recently visited Finland (NATO stuff). How would foreign connections and visits like these be managed without elected officials? 🤔

Edited by Blessed2

There must be an effortless way.

6 hours ago, Blessed2 said:

Left, mostly. There is too much nonsensery in the right. Lately I've also felt that the left in general should do better. For example, there is some serious issues with unhealthy conformism. In & out - group thinking. The left doesn't recognize the right for what it is. Also narcissism. Arrogance. Hiding behind it.

And just in general, the left just constantly complains about stuff. Constant contemplation on the pitfalls of capitalism etc etc etc. Too heavy intellectualization. The "what we WANT" isn't brought up strongly enough. The left doesn't have an exciting, happy, attractive vision FOR something, it's AGAINST something like fascism or capitalism etc.

For example, what's really hot nowadays is "anti-fascism" and "anti-capitalism". These actually can't exist without fascism & capitalism.

But it's better IMO than right in general. Way more transparent, honest, just generally more "grown up". The left sees things that the right is completely blind of. For example cultural conditioning etc. But the conformism, in & out - group and narcissism are serious pitfalls. For example, pointing out the things I point in this post could out-group me in some cases. 🙄

The left is for lots of things.  For higher minimum wage, for free college, for free Healthcare, for ubi, for equal rights, for the right to choose, cmon, dont strawman the "left" with right-wing talking points, actually look into what they're saying. 

@Blessed2 I'm not saying that we would completely abolish elected officials (or not currently) but rely less heavily on them. City planning boards with members that are experts in their fields (civil engineers, transportation engineers, etc) would still be the most efficient form of government for most issues that arise, but not all. And electing these officials still makes sense. And of course you'd have federal officials, experts and diplomats, etc. You still need leaders to make time is of the essence kind of decisions that don't allow for voting. However a lot of the issues that Congress votes on, such as whether or not to abolish daylight savings, guaranteeing abortion rights, student loan forgiveness, the passing of the affordable care act, allocation of funds towards certain projects, could and would be best voted on by the entire population in my opinion. The gridlock in Congress isn't serving the people, the elections are gross and negatively charged, it would be best to change the rolls these officials play in my opinion. 

Youtube Channel  

@Jonas Long higher minimum wage doesn't actually change anything, it actually leads to inflation. 

How is 15$ an hour livable when it leads to increased prices for housing and stuff like groceries?