What Political Values do you Align With Most?

What is your Political Leaning?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. ^

• Left
    • Right
    • Moderate
    • Dont Care
    • Independent

5 minutes ago, Jonas Long said:

It's abundantly clear that you can't make a good case for your views with anyone who doesn't already share them.  Gaslighting may be an overused term right now, but you totally did it to him.  

I'm not gonna talk to a Whole group of people who deeply believe left wing ideas. If you were on a forum that was dominantly right wing and you tried speaking about your views no one would even listen to anything you said, which I'd exactly what happens on here. 

It's actually even clearer how one sided this whole forum is politically. 

And now you're accusing me of gaslighting and of course everyone's gonna believe you. 

You're gaslighting me into believing I'm gaslighting dmt Elf, that's the irony...

Edited by Orb

"Mediocrity is gone. Mind is clear of limitation. I seek no state of enlightenment. Neither do I remain where no enlightenment exists. Since I linger in neither condition, eyes cannot see me. If hundreds of birds strew my path with flowers, such praise would be meaningless."

A Comment on the 8th Ox Herding Picture

Just now, DMT Elf said:

I am interested in your responses. Especially considering how you seem to know me well enough to know what my victim stories are.

It's clear, you hold the belief that deep down the rich are the reason for your troubles. And anyone who succeeds is just lucky because the system helped them. 

That is the victim story.

"Mediocrity is gone. Mind is clear of limitation. I seek no state of enlightenment. Neither do I remain where no enlightenment exists. Since I linger in neither condition, eyes cannot see me. If hundreds of birds strew my path with flowers, such praise would be meaningless."

I wish there were more right leaning people on here 😮‍💨

@Mandy because it's awesome, freedom to make as much money as I want and to direct my life in the way I see fit. There's definitely some things I don't agree with in our current society but still for the most part, I love this country.

Just now, Mandy said:

I'm just trying to keep saying THERE AREN'T SIDES. There ain't NO LINE diving you down the middle. 

Yea but you can't express any unpopular political ideas on here without white knights popping up from the ground. Well it's free speech so deep down it's alright. 🙂 

It's a losing battle on this forum, everyone's gonna keep shitting on me. I'm done with this thread lol. 

Just now, Jonas Long said:

@Orb are you willing to examine your current beliefs?

Re dmt Elf, no, you literally put words in his mouth based entirely on your assumptions.

Yes I'm open to it, I actually do that lol. You know how easy it is to adopt left wing values nowadays? The ruling class of this country is actually left wing. The majority will always convince itself that it's the minority. That's the illusion. 

I used to watch noam chomsky and watch videos on left wing political ideas all the time, I actually used to be a Democrat and I'd get triggered by all the right wing stuff and believe that right wing people are fascist and Yada Yada. 

Also, it's so easy to accuse anyone of gaslighting, because the definition of gaslighting is so vague lol. 

3 minutes ago, DMT Elf said:

How do you know that these are my beliefs? I never said I believed that. And You never asked me, sooo...

I assumed so because I posted the video on capitalism and you immediately wrote it off as reagonomics 2.0 basically. 

@Jonas Long I read it online and gaslighting is communicating to someone in a way that makes them question/doubt their own beliefs, aren't you doing that to me right now? Lol 

Edited by Orb

7 minutes ago, Orb said:

@Jonas Long I read it online and gaslighting is communicating to someone in a way that makes them question/doubt their own beliefs, aren't you doing that to me right now? Lol 

That's not really what gaslighting is, of course we want to engage in dialogs that make us question our beliefs, that is super important, it's how we evolve.  

I was referring more to making an assumption about someone, and throwing it in their face as though they had said it when they haven't. 

21 minutes ago, Orb said:

@Mandy because it's awesome, freedom to make as much money as I want and to direct my life in the way I see fit. 

Are policies that lessen the sting of poverty for some and give a more fair boost to everyone, such as increasing funding to public schools, a threat to your freedom to make as much money and direct your life the way that you want? Are these things really a threat to your dreams, or does it feel more aligned to see everyone win in a synergistic way when we work towards a common good? Maybe what the individual wants and what the whole wants aren't actually two separate of conflicting wants? Maybe the misunderstanding and fear is actually questioning if that separation is actual? 

Fear of either side affecting your own well being is limitation. Maybe that's the independence that's truly sought, non fear, non aversion? 

Youtube Channel  

@DMT Elf what I'm trying to say is that it IS leading to increased prosperity, but most people dont even notice it because they over emphasize how seemingly oppressed people are. 

Did you know that our country has the lowest unemployment since 54 years? 

The average standard of living for most people is actually improving. 

I look around and I have no idea how people can see more poverty, sickness, and oppression. This place is like paradise. 

@Mandy I appreciate your view on stuff. It's less polarized feeling. 

The fundamental beliefs I have issues with held in this country are the following: 

-It's all rich peoples fault (encouraging contempt for those who made a good life for themselves)

-I can't do anything because the systems rigged against me (I've seen people come from cuba/Haiti with nothing and make something for themselves and family)

-the idea that little kids should change their gender (gender transition for children is very dangerous, it leads to no longer being able to experience orgasms, also it messes up the entire hormonal system, leads to depression and increased anxiety, check out detransitioners stories on youtube truly sad stuff)

-White people naturally have an advantage because of their ancestry, no White people will ever suffer as much as minorities since they are more favored by the system (which is laughable, I know White people who were so poor they would eat little fish they caught in canals because they couldn't even buy groceries). Basically the White supremacy shit

I think those are the fundamental beliefs I take issue with currently. 

I won't blame any side from now on I'll only talk about the specific beliefs. 

Edited by Orb

@Jonas Long I've lived in New York and florida, pretty much polar opposites politically lol. 

I know rich people who are some of the kindest responsible people I've ever met, I find rich people are actually really humble most of the time. 

But most people hate the billionaires which I've never met any billionaires.

Edited by Orb

@Orb Look up the Bill Gates foundation. That's where most of Warren Buffett's money will go too. You can look for wellbeing, incredible wealth and success AND care very much for ending poverty, easily preventable disease and enriching the lives of many. There's no conflict. We all gotta work together, no boundaries, no borders, no parties (except the fun kind). 

Youtube Channel