No Self

Phil

22 minutes ago, solereproduction said:

when ignoring the how and why one is living eternally spearated in plain sight of mutually occupying space inhabiting the moment in series parallel ancestral lineage present.

You might be saying something, but honestly it seems like nonsensical gibberish. No idea what you mean and how it realities to “no self”. 

2 hours ago, Phil said:

Again, no idea what you mean or what you’re saying there. If I don’t reply anymore, please don’t take it personally. 

why would I take it person, you choose to not go beyond your educated beliefs to find instinctive answers intellectual minds keep secret for the greater good of maintaining relative realities forward here.

You and I both understand our conversation is open to everyone visiting this sight, so as parables work, I am not just talking with you here.  I leave you with the liberty to not respond or to respond if I read something that my instincts navigate differently than society organizes outcomes tipping natural balancing toward a specific ideology within a general populaiton of reproducitons limited to mutually evolving while occupying space now.

the kinetics of the situation. 

Edited by solereproduction

On 2/8/2023 at 3:48 PM, Phil said:

How’s this relate to “no self”? Seems more like a whole bunch of selves. Is the ‘No self” the one thinking that has an identity? Are humans the “no self”, or is the “no self” the one that experiences the “self” to be, who all humans might be the same too? Idk if I can comprehend all these selves really. 

I don't know you tell me. There is Phil but there isn't a self. You don't have a self.

Edited by nurthur11

29 minutes ago, nurthur11 said:

I don't know you tell me. There is Phil but there isn't a self. You don't have a self.

If there’s “no self” though, who’s telling who? How’s there a self “Phil”… a self who doesn’t have a self or has “no self”? 

Seems like you’re playing some kind of weird mental three cups no peanut game here. 

19 hours ago, Mandy said:

So the sun doesn't think, then?  Safe assumption? 

Yeah. I definitely don’t believe the sun thinks. 

15 hours ago, DMT Elf said:

Separate self: Conceptual, non-actual identity constructed largely on personal entitlement and stories about victimhood. Survives largely by projecting blame onto other imaginary separate selves. Preservation of the separate self distorts reality and makes truthful perception impossible. Separate self preservation is therefore a highly inconvenient way of approaching life.

Examples of separate self preservation:

- Blaming different racial groups for perceived social unrest

- Blaming LGBT activism for perceived social unrest

- Blaming the opposite sex for perceived challenges in life

- Blaming spiritual teachers for ones own lack of inner growth

- Attempting to micromanage other people

- Need to hold ones worldviews above others (especially if said worldviews are largely unexamined)

- Need to put ones self above others in relationship, work, etc..

- Donald Trump

Are you saying I’m the self that lacks inner spiritual growth? Or is that the “no self” 🤷? Or are you saying I need a spiritual teacher to help me grow to realize there’s “no self”? Or just that my approach to life is essentially, wrong…?

15 hours ago, Devin said:

This Satsang is what spoke to me, it might work for you too.

Not sure I get this video. If nonduailty can be made into a duality, doesn’t that mean or say there isn’t nonduality?

15 hours ago, Serenity said:

@Phil

How are you experiencing all experiences? 

Where is everything occurring?

Not really sure what that means. Wouldn’t that ‘how’ also be experience, or no? 

I guess everything is occurring… everywhere…?

41 minutes ago, DMT Elf said:

Yes to all of the above. You lack spiritual growth, and you’ll probably never get it anyway. But sure, find a spiritual teacher. Maybe the mere presence of an enlightened being will make you a little better. Your approach to life is hopelessly wrong. Completely backwards. You probably don’t even know where you are right now. You better figure everything out quickly or else you’ll get stuck like this forever. Don’t even worry about no-self. You’ll never realize that because no-self is extremely advanced stuff. Only the most enlightened sages understand such things. Maybe you’ll have a chance if you meditate for two weeks,  You likely do have the genetics to be a mystic. I would not recommend you try therapy, Maybe one of these trips will finally give you the insight that gets your life moving in the right direction. You might even become God. That sure would be neat. I’m guessing God doesn’t have to worry about any of this stuff. Must be nice. You might just want to give up on spirituality and try your best to live up to your mothers impossible expectations. She lives 1000 miles away and you only see her twice a year, but her voice still rings through your head every day doesn’t it? Tells you all the many ways you just don’t measure up in life? Right? And you better listen to that voice or else… annihilation… And there’s also that other voice in your head. It’s very quiet compared to the main one. It softly whispers that you’ve actually done pretty well in life and you deserve to like yourself. You deserve to feel glad for all the wonderful blessings you have in this life. You even deserve to enjoy life. But you must never forget that this is the voice of the devil and should be suppressed at all costs. Never forget how much of a bad person you are, and never forgive yourself for your many, many mistakes.  And also never forget how awesome you are and your many, many accomplishments. 

Some edits but otherwise on point.

Edited by Robed Mystic

19 hours ago, DMT Elf said:

Yes to all of the above. You lack spiritual growth, and you’ll probably never get it anyway. But sure, find a spiritual teacher. Maybe the mere presence of an enlightened being will make you a little better. Your approach to life is hopelessly wrong. Completely backwards. You probably don’t even know where you are right now. You better figure everything out quickly or else you’ll get stuck like this forever. Don’t even worry about no-self. You’ll never realize that because no-self is extremely advanced stuff. Only the most enlightened sages understand such things. Maybe you’ll have a chance if you meditate for the next 30 years, but you probably still won’t get it because you’re just too neurotic, and you can’t silence your mind. You likely don’t have the genetics to be a mystic. I would recommend you try therapy, but it likely won’t do much good because you’re way too far gone for even that. I guess you could just keep tripping over and over again and again and again. Maybe one of these trips will finally give you the insight that gets your life moving in the right direction. You might even become God. That sure would be neat. I’m guessing God doesn’t have to worry about any of this stuff. Must be nice. You might just want to give up on spirituality and try your best to live up to your mothers impossible expectations. She lives 1000 miles away and you only see her twice a year, but her voice still rings through your head every day doesn’t it? Tells you all the many ways you just don’t measure up in life? Right? And you better listen to that voice or else… annihilation… And there’s also that other voice in your head. It’s very quiet compared to the main one. It softly whispers that you’ve actually done pretty well in life and you deserve to like yourself. You deserve to feel glad for all the wonderful blessings you have in this life. You even deserve to enjoy life. But you must never forget that this is the voice of the devil and should be suppressed at all costs. Never forget how much of a bad person you are, and never forgive yourself for your many, many mistakes.

What you’re saying here about deserving feels pretty good. It almost seems like it’s something I’m missing or that’s been missing or something. It’s also somewhat confusing because of “no self” and because I feel very much like you said about lacking spiritual growth. I feel like if I’m deserving I’m basically entitled, like rich kids or something. Like, that really does feel good, I felt like I had a little ‘glimpse’ as you people say. Of what I don’t know, but it felt good for a second. Like hope or something. I don’t know if this is like a mind game or what but it made me wanna call my mom. Just to say hi I guess. But then just as you said, I realize or like remember how much work all the spiritual teachers talk about that I have to do to understand so I can be happy for once and then I try to understand how that jives with “no self” and then I get angry again. Do you understand that? I feel like I do and I don’t. I guess I need to listen to teachers that have the most understanding so I can understand or ‘get it’ and just be happy for once. Is there any you recommend?

19 hours ago, Robed Mystic said:

Guys this is stupid.  If you want to discover no self simply turn inwards and self inquire - alone and by yourself- 

Trying to understand what you’re saying here. If there’s “no self”, how’s no self discovered? Wouldn’t there have to be a self which discovers a self for what you’re saying to make sense? No offense or anything, I can see that you are a mystic so you obviously know what you’re talking about. But at the same time it seems like you don’t know what you’re actually talking about, and so you just say ‘it’s stupid’. If there’s “no self”, who’s this stupid for? What is it that stupid? Am I stupid? Can you help me with how I would really know who’s stupid and who’s not, and then of course how that makes sense with “no self”?

Do you agree with @DMT Elfthat I’m lacking understanding and spiritual growth? What about that lady that says there is “the law of attraction”? I was just listening to her and she made it sound like if I think I know or understand “no self” or “the self” then it would seem like other people are stupid because I’m attracting via my own like, believing that I’m smart or that I know or understand something which is actually just beliefs that I’m believing is the truth and expecting other people to know, when it really is that I’m expecting other people to believe what I believe. I don’t know. She said it way better. What do you make of that though? Does that just seem stupid to you too?

16 hours ago, Robed Mystic said:

But yet you won't participate in your own self inquiry. 

Would the “no self” be the self that won’t participate, or the self who’s self inquiry it is? If there’s “no self” then what’s being inquired into?  How do I get myself to participate in my own self inquiry is what I really came here asking in the first place. It seems like you know how but for some reason aren’t saying. If you would just communicate more clearly and nonambiguously that would be really helpful to me. 

21 hours ago, DMT Elf said:

I think it's what happens when you're trying admirably hard to slap people awake, but nothing you say seems to be getting through. All you want to do is reach people, but some people may just be out of your reach. So, in a last ditch effort, you try mirroring the ridiculousness back to them on the off chance that they may finally see whats going on and snap out of it.

Is it "here's hoping" or "here's hopping"? I have a hard time knowing which is which. 

Youtube Channel