No Self

Phil

32 minutes ago, Phil said:

This just sounds like more platitudes. I hate when people say crap like “you’re the moment”. I really don’t see how that’s supposed to help me with any of this. 

When you realize the eyes even don't see anything, or there is no such thing as eyes, what can be more helpful, calmness and relaxing? 

43 minutes ago, Phil said:

Honestly I feel like beating my head against the wall would be more clarifying. I have no idea what that means.

It just the realization of knower is an illusion itself and just don't know anything as above. No idea 🙂

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

11 hours ago, Phil said:

It’s still not at the ‘brand new to questioning no self’ simplicity (imo). I suspect we can do much better.

@solereproduction

It’s probably very obvious, but since you’re new to the site I just want to state I’m ‘playing a role’ here on this thread.

Not just on this thread.  Character is role playing, characteristics is existing in plain sight in real time evolving genetics sustains as eternally separated in plain sight of mutually existing now with a body never same total sum achievents here again.

Constant changing "compounding' results individually done in series parallel positions.  Every reality is specifically what it does converting ancestors into contetual souls manipulated by power of suggestion.

Everyone does it. I just explain it honestly being done.

So yes I know you play a role. I adapt to space limited to evolving forward here.  No name calling or flaming, blaming, shaming. Just explaining how things became so chaotic in real time existing as universally perpetually balancing  outcomes arriving next, now.

peace of mind, serenity can be achieved. Just understanding the means corruption never gets resolved each generation added forward here every great great grandchild the combination of its 4 previous generation contributors of existing now.

Correcting compounding human error.  Nothing more and nothing less.

May the mistakes ancestrally practiced here never reach next rotation of the planet, tomorrow. I cannot stop what people choose to believe, but I can explain what everyone historically ignored saving humanity.

Never harming a equal human ancestral reproduction in the process.  peace can be real.

Edited by solereproduction

10 hours ago, Blessed2 said:

Take a look at this video. You don't need to listen what the video says, it's not important now. Just play it. And tell me, would you say you are the one percieving a person talking in that video? The same way you percieve a sister, her annyoing traits or tension in the body?

I'm going like never before, but it seems like no-one is answering.

There must be an effortless way.

22 hours ago, Blessed2 said:

Take a look at this video. You don't need to listen what the video says, it's not important now. Just play it. And tell me, would you say you are the one percieving a person talking in that video?

Yes, this is obvious. 

22 hours ago, Blessed2 said:

The same way you percieve a sister, her annyoing traits or tension in the body?

Yes. Again, very obvious.

22 hours ago, Loop said:

Awesome, don’t know. When you allow not-knowing, you allow the thoughts to settle, which simultaneously stress will settle. 

I don’t ‘get it’ but something about that makes sense or something. Can you be more specific? What’s the correlation there?

22 hours ago, Loop said:

‘Without his Ox, Zen (you) is lost and very, very sad.’ You will catch up to your Ox (The True Self) Keep feeling & noticing what is so. 

No idea what you’re talking about there. I live in the city. I’ve never even actually seen an ox. 

22 hours ago, Loop said:

The me that ‘needs to get my stress under control’ is also a thought referencing itself. That me that is stressed is only found in thought, try “I am experiencing stress” & notice the difference of feeling between that thought and the thought “my stress”.

Well today’s my only day off, so there isn’t much stress. 

22 hours ago, Loop said:

Yeah, most of our medical doctors don’t really have a good sense of what stress actually is themselves to be honest. 🙃

Uh maybe they do. They went to college for many years and learned a lot. 

22 hours ago, James123 said:

When you realize the eyes even don't see anything, or there is no such thing as eyes, what can be more helpful, calmness and relaxing? 

It just the realization of knower is an illusion itself and just don't know anything as above. No idea 🙂

This seems so out there it’s absurd. Do you assume I’m reading in braille?

22 hours ago, bnyland said:

@Philwhat are thoughts? How do they appear,  where are they coming from, where are they going ?

What’s that have to do with noticing “no self”?

21 hours ago, solereproduction said:

Not just on this thread.  Character is role playing, characteristics is existing in plain sight in real time evolving genetics sustains as eternally separated in plain sight of mutually existing now with a body never same total sum achievents here again.

Constant changing "compounding' results individually done in series parallel positions.  Every reality is specifically what it does converting ancestors into contetual souls manipulated by power of suggestion.

Everyone does it. I just explain it honestly being done.

So yes I know you play a role. I adapt to space limited to evolving forward here.  No name calling or flaming, blaming, shaming. Just explaining how things became so chaotic in real time existing as universally perpetually balancing  outcomes arriving next, now.

peace of mind, serenity can be achieved. Just understanding the means corruption never gets resolved each generation added forward here every great great grandchild the combination of its 4 previous generation contributors of existing now.

Correcting compounding human error.  Nothing more and nothing less.

May the mistakes ancestrally practiced here never reach next rotation of the planet, tomorrow. I cannot stop what people choose to believe, but I can explain what everyone historically ignored saving humanity.

Never harming a equal human ancestral reproduction in the process.  peace can be real.

You’re a nice person for trying to help, but it seems like you’re just pushing the next word Siri recommends. 

24 minutes ago, Phil said:

I don’t ‘get it’ but something about that makes sense or something. Can you be more specific? What’s the correlation there?

It is like trying to throw a ball without actually letting go of the ball. 
The thought about stress is actually the very stress experienced, so when we sit/ walk and relax with no intention we decompress. There really isn’t a (de)stresser, just Being, allow the thoughts to come and go so You can show. 

29 minutes ago, Phil said:

No idea what you’re talking about there. I live in the city. I’ve never even actually seen an ox. 

The Ox is a metaphor for Your True Nature. Thinking keeps it veiled by thoughts that refer to themselves.

There in are the tracks or footprints of the Ox. By beginning dispelling self-referential thought, you catch up to, and will begin to See, the Ox. 👣

36 minutes ago, Phil said:

Well today’s my only day off, so there isn’t much stress. 

Great, relax & notice. Be what you are. Even if you have things you wanna do throughout the day, be mindful. Take up meditation if it resonates, & begin to see the Endless Meditation in ‘everything’, dispelling the self-referential thoughts of doership by Feeling/ Noticing. 

39 minutes ago, Phil said:

Uh maybe they do. They went to college for many years and learned a lot. 

Understanding found in knowledge is different from, standing under What You Really Are. 

One is intellectually & thought based, the other is Feeling & experiencing based, so to speak. 

Ten thousand tears,

One Belly Laugh.

1 hour ago, Phil said:

Yes. Again, very obvious.

Isn't it also obvious that you are the one percieving "Phil"... Just like you are percieving a sister, her annoying traits, these words, and the person talking on that video?

Are you the one who goes to doctor and is told that your stress levels need to be kept in check... Or are you the one percieving "Phil going for doctors office and Phil being told Phil's stress levels need to be kept in check"?

Are you the one living life, thinking thoughts, feeling emotions, sensing sensations, making decisions... Or are you the one experiencing life, thoughts, emotions, sensations, decision making?

1 hour ago, Phil said:

What’s that have to do with noticing “no self”?

You believe thoughts reflect the real world, whatever you think that is. When you see through the nature of thought, the self you believe to be is also seen through.

Thoughts are the veil that obscures.

Though that's cool if this is not in line with what you wanted from this thread 😌

4 hours ago, Phil said:

You’re a nice person for trying to help, but it seems like you’re just pushing the next word Siri recommends. 

passively avoiding the topic and redirecting the conversation is done by those in charge of keeping people on track with power of suggesting nobody can know everything about self evident results evolving forward now because humanity never teaches it as factual.

On 1/29/2023 at 7:26 AM, Loop said:

It is like trying to throw a ball without actually letting go of the ball. 

Yeah, it kind of is. That made me super angry for some reason. I think it’s because I don’t understand what you’re really saying. Seems like more new age platitudes. 

The thought about stress is actually the very stress experienced, so when we sit/ walk and relax with no intention we decompress. There really isn’t a (de)stresser, just Being, allow the thoughts to come and go so You can show. 

I don’t know man. That spiritual jumbo jumbo kinda stared to actually make some sense yesterday, but that’s because yesterday was my day off. If you were working the 10 hours I am today, dealing with this shit, you’d be stressed out too. Today it’s obvious you’re a delusional hypocrite. 

The Ox is a metaphor for Your True Nature. Thinking keeps it veiled by thoughts that refer to themselves.

That is the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard. Yeah, I’ll just stand around shitting in a field all day munching grass, and you can explain to my family how to survive off six how to fucking eat and survive. 

There in are the tracks or footprints of the Ox. By beginning dispelling self-referential thought, you catch up to, and will begin to See, the Ox. 👣

You’re delusional buddy. I’m asking about how to realize this “no self” you people are constantly incessantly talking about, and you’re feeding me new age buzz words and platitudes. How do you expect me to know what the hell you’re talking about? I don’t know what a “self referential thought” is, and this nonsense honestly makes me want to go rob a bank or straight up beat the fuck out of somebody. 

Great, relax & notice. Be what you are. Even if you have things you wanna do throughout the day, be mindful. Take up meditation if it resonates, & begin to see the Endless Meditation in ‘everything’, dispelling the self-referential thoughts of doership by Feeling/ Noticing. 

If you told me to get on the Star Ship Enterprise and travel to Galpacon it’d actually make more sense to me. No ideas with this crap has to do with “no self”. You’re living in your own bubble brother. Total denial of how hard life is.  

Understanding found in knowledge is different from, standing under What You Really Are. 

One is intellectually & thought based, the other is Feeling & experiencing based, so to speak. 

It puts food on the table. 

On 1/29/2023 at 7:47 AM, Blessed2 said:

Isn't it also obvious that you are the one percieving "Phil"... Just like you are percieving a sister, her annoying traits, these words, and the person talking on that video?

Uh no actually, it’s pretty obvious I can’t “perceiver myself” without looking in a mirror. 

I don’t need a mirror to “perceive” my sister and feel how annoying she is. 

I think you & that lady in the video are both living in the same bubble. 

Are you the one who goes to doctor and is told that your stress levels need to be kept in check...

Yep. He says my triglycerides are high and that I need to change my diet, and that I need to get some stupid oxygen machine and wear it while I sleep. But of course when I ask him how I’m supposed to pay for this shit he’s suddenly at a loss for advice. Must be nice for him making six figures seeking bullshit, but it doesn’t do a damn thing for me. 

Or are you the one percieving "Phil going for doctors office and Phil being told Phil's stress levels need to be kept in check"?

That doesn’t even make sense. How in the hell could I be perceiving myself?! I’m the one talking to you! Like I just said, it’s the doctor that’s living in a delusional bubble. If he lived my life for one week he’d blow his fucking brains out. You might be trying to help, I really don’t know, but dude you come off like a condescending asshole. It’s like everything you say is coded or cryptic new age bs. 

Are you the one living life, thinking thoughts, feeling emotions, sensing sensations, making decisions... Or are you the one experiencing life, thoughts, emotions, sensations, decision making?

I’m the one surviving dipshit. Wake up brother. I regret even coming to this place. 

On 1/29/2023 at 7:56 AM, bnyland said:

You believe thoughts reflect the real world, whatever you think that is. When you see through the nature of thought, the self you believe to be is also seen through.

Yeah right. Next you’ll be telling me the earth is flat or something. I think you’re the one in denial of the real world. 

On 1/29/2023 at 7:56 AM, bnyland said:

Thoughts are the veil that obscures.

Though that's cool if this is not in line with what you wanted from this thread 😌

If I had any clue what that even means maybe it’d be useful. 

On 1/29/2023 at 8:06 AM, James123 said:

Taking something as so serious is the absurd itself. 

Don’t you realize that if I don’t bust my ass everyday my kids will literally starve to death? This place seems like Club Denial being run by James (Jim) fucking Jones. 

passively avoiding the topic and redirecting the conversation is done by those in charge of keeping people on track with power of suggesting nobody can know everything about self evident results evolving forward now because humanity never teaches it as factual.

I don’t have the first clue what the hell that’s supposed to mean. I’m not a fucking scientist! I’m asking about this “no self” you people keep talking about and accrediting all this happiness to. I’m starting to think I’m out here busting my ass and paying taxes while you people just sit on yours typing. 

16 minutes ago, Phil said:

Yeah right. Next you’ll be telling me the earth is flat or something. I think you’re the one in denial of the real world. 

So you dismiss my (slightly more advanced) explanations as to why you should look into what a thought is, but wouldn't inspect the actual thoughts? Are you sure you really want to find out what 'no self' is, or, is just something that sounded cool down the pub one evening?  It's ok, there's no need to...

I could serve you ways of replacing your current thoughts with better feeling thoughts, and maybe that's what you need for a while. 

When you're ready, tell me what a thought is, with as many details as you can.

41 minutes ago, Phil said:

I don’t have the first clue what the hell that’s supposed to mean. I’m not a fucking scientist! I’m asking about this “no self” you people keep talking about and accrediting all this happiness to. I’m starting to think I’m out here busting my ass and paying taxes while you people just sit on yours typing. 

I see you are getting angry.  I describe kinetic evolving in real time as geneticlaly being eternally separated sharing the moment here as a biological displacement limited to the time I achieve conceived to dead and even after death my corpse continues to never be the same total sum twice now.

A brain arrives evolving from the nucleus of one's specific fertilized cell and that organis the central nervous system of one's body cradle to grave same as fingerprints and DNA among the numbers of same species occupying space now.

Life doesn't exceed evolving forward here by the current numbers existing as occupying space. 

2 hours ago, Phil said:

Don’t you realize that if I don’t bust my ass everyday my kids will literally starve to death? This place seems like Club Denial being run by James (Jim) fucking Jones.

The "bust my ass everyday" is just your assumption. You are just alive that's all. Making harder or easier is your choice.

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

@Phil

your having way to much fun with this. Great exercise by the way, really helpful for people to examine just exactly what they are saying and how it can come across sometimes. 

but if your interested in no self first start with what you think you are and jot it down. Forget about trying to figure out noself and what it looks like or feels like or what will happen when it’s seen or not. and yes take care of what’s in front of you like your children and making it to work ion time. 

Again what or who do you think you are.?  From here you can then take your time and looking deeper into these ideas and see if they hold up or if there’s more there then you thought or perhaps less. Sometimes when you can see for yourself that these ideas you originally thought are not so or less so, it can be a relief, like for example if you thought you were a evil horrible person or that life is hell and you discovered it’s not true then that would be a relief no?  

honestly noself is best not to be sought after because the whole notion can be triggering for some, like it seems like it is for you so far or it can be a trap that you yearn and get disappointed not getting or getting then loosing then getting over and over. 

you honestly seem like the type of person who would benefit on focusing on what causes you the most discomfort and stress and finding solutions for those first. 

Edited by Arasmas

9 hours ago, Phil said:

You’re delusional buddy. I’m asking about how to realize this “no self”

This “no self”, who would realize it? 
Would there be a self that would? 

9 hours ago, Phil said:

I don’t know what a “self referential thought” is

It is a thought about you, not actual You.  

9 hours ago, Phil said:

That made me super angry for some reason.

Try switching the framing. 
“The experience of anger is arising”

What does that thought feel like?

Over “That made me angry”

9 hours ago, Phil said:

I don’t know man.

Awesome. 

9 hours ago, Phil said:

If you were working the 10 hours I am today, dealing with this shit, you’d be stressed out too.

Not if it is seen that there isn’t really a self doing that. 

9 hours ago, Phil said:

That is the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard. Yeah, I’ll just stand around shitting in a field all day munching grass, and you can explain to my family how to survive off six how to fucking eat and survive. 

Metaphor. There is no real ox, I might as well say,

9 hours ago, Phil said:

Star Ship Enterprise

So let’s go for the Star Trek theme. 

Admiral James T. Kirk (You) feels lost without the Star Ship Enterprise. He believes there is no Star Ship Enterprise & is lost on an alien planet. An alien tells him of the Spaceship that can achieve hyperdrive & return him to his Home Planet, but will only tell him of it’s location if he helps find & return all of the alien’s children (Thoughts of self). 

[😂]

Ten thousand tears,

One Belly Laugh.

So you dismiss my (slightly more advanced) explanations as to why you should look into what a thought is, but wouldn't inspect the actual thoughts? Are you sure you really want to find out what 'no self' is, or, is just something that sounded cool down the pub one evening?  It's ok, there's no need to...

Are you saying when “no self” is realized somehow the self which realizes there’s “no self”, will yet somehow become a ‘more advanced self’? 

If there’s “no self” exactly whose explanations are being dismissed? Seems like circular logic. It’s sounds insane frankly. 

I could serve you ways of replacing your current thoughts with better feeling thoughts, and maybe that's what you need for a while. 

Hi dad, you’re home late again, what’s for dinner? “Great feeling thoughts kids!”. 

When you're ready, tell me what a thought is, with as many details as you can.

It’s maddening trying to get any hep here. When who’s ready?! When “no self” is ready, when “no self” can?! I feel like I’m in the GD Chocolate Factory tryna figure out what the hell you’re even saying!

I see you are getting angry.  I describe kinetic evolving in real time as geneticlaly being eternally separated sharing the moment here as a biological displacement limited to the time I achieve conceived to dead and even after death my corpse continues to never be the same total sum twice now.

It literally sounds like you’re flipping open a Stephen King book and just typing whatever words are on the page backwards. This is completely unrelatable. You’d be angry to if you asked for simple practical helping with “no self” and someone’s telling you about genetics and “kinetic evolving” whatever the hell that is. You want me to apologize for my genetics and “biological displacement”? I’m bout ready to blow my fucking brains out trying to take care of my family and you’re talkin about “achieving death”? There should be laws against this kind of gaslighting. 

A brain arrives evolving from the nucleus of one's specific fertilized cell and that organis the central nervous system of one's body cradle to grave same as fingerprints and DNA among the numbers of same species occupying space now.

Life doesn't exceed evolving forward here by the current numbers existing as occupying space. 

Are you saying my DNA is fucked up basically? Like just deal with it!? How in the hell does this have anything to do with simple practical suggestions for realizing “no self”!?

19 hours ago, James123 said:

The "bust my ass everyday" is just your assumption. You are just alive that's all. Making harder or easier is your choice.

Yeah right. If I could make it easier don’t you think I would’ve? 

14 hours ago, Arasmas said:

@Phil

your having way to much fun with this. Great exercise by the way, really helpful for people to examine just exactly what they are saying and how it can come across sometimes. 

Fun & exercise are luxuries for the 1%. You sounds completely out of touch with the struggle. 

but if your interested in no self first start with what you think you are and jot it down. Forget about trying to figure out noself and what it looks like or feels like or what will happen when it’s seen or not. and yes take care of what’s in front of you like your children and making it to work ion time. 

I can tell you right now - I’m tired. I’m tired of working. I’m tired of never getting ahead. I’m tired of doing everything I do and I do not get the point of doing any of it. I’m tired of being tired and I’m tried everything I do not adding up to anything. 

Again what or who do you think you are.?  From here you can then take your time and looking deeper into these ideas and see if they hold up or if there’s more there then you thought or perhaps less. Sometimes when you can see for yourself that these ideas you originally thought are not so or less so, it can be a relief, like for example if you thought you were a evil horrible person or that life is hell and you discovered it’s not true then that would be a relief no?  

It would be but I don’t believe that. I think an evil person would just flake on these responsibilities. A horrible person would probably buckle under this much stress & pressure. I would admit I guess that I have an anger issue, but if you had to deal with what I do you’d be pretty angry too. 

honestly noself is best not to be sought after because the whole notion can be triggering for some, like it seems like it is for you so far or it can be a trap that you yearn and get disappointed not getting or getting then loosing then getting over and over. 

Yeah that is kinda what it feels like. I’m trying to figure out what you guys are saying and I’m feeling worse & more confused by the day. 

you honestly seem like the type of person who would benefit on focusing on what causes you the most discomfort and stress and finding solutions for those first. 

It’s that I’m never going to get ahead. I’m so sick of seeing how everyone else is happy and having fun on facebook. I really don’t see how I’m supposed solve that. 

@Phil I don't know man. I don't know. To be honest, I'm not feeling that great either.

My life just feels like it's going nowhere and I'm stuck in meaningless shit. I want everything to change. I want to feel on fire and excited every day. I want to feel like all my dreams and desires are coming true. But I'm not feeling like that at all.

I don't know if it's ever going to change. I'm worried it won't and I'm just wasting it all feeling like shit.

Feels like @Phil is trying to let us know how frustrating it is to answer all the inane comments from 'seekers'. Hey, it's not my job to be a teacher, if you're getting that frustrated, maybe take a break? 😀. And so as not to give you reason to avoid answering the question, I'll post it in another reply (this is for "teacher" Phil), next is for "WTH is no self Phil")