No Self

Phil

6 hours ago, Phil said:

Are you saying when “no self” is realized somehow the self which realizes there’s “no self”, will yet somehow become a ‘more advanced self’? 

If there’s “no self” exactly whose explanations are being dismissed? Seems like circular logic. It’s sounds insane frankly. 

Hi dad, you’re home late again, what’s for dinner? “Great feeling thoughts kids!”. 

It’s maddening trying to get any hep here. When who’s ready?! When “no self” is ready, when “no self” can?! I feel like I’m in the GD Chocolate Factory tryna figure out what the hell you’re even saying!

It literally sounds like you’re flipping open a Stephen King book and just typing whatever words are on the page backwards. This is completely unrelatable. You’d be angry to if you asked for simple practical helping with “no self” and someone’s telling you about genetics and “kinetic evolving” whatever the hell that is. You want me to apologize for my genetics and “biological displacement”? I’m bout ready to blow my fucking brains out trying to take care of my family and you’re talkin about “achieving death”? There should be laws against this kind of gaslighting. 

Are you saying my DNA is fucked up basically? Like just deal with it!? How in the hell does this have anything to do with simple practical suggestions for realizing “no self”!?

Yeah right. If I could make it easier don’t you think I would’ve? 

Fun & exercise are luxuries for the 1%. You sounds completely out of touch with the struggle. 

I can tell you right now - I’m tired. I’m tired of working. I’m tired of never getting ahead. I’m tired of doing everything I do and I do not get the point of doing any of it. I’m tired of being tired and I’m tried everything I do not adding up to anything. 

It would be but I don’t believe that. I think an evil person would just flake on these responsibilities. A horrible person would probably buckle under this much stress & pressure. I would admit I guess that I have an anger issue, but if you had to deal with what I do you’d be pretty angry too. 

Yeah that is kinda what it feels like. I’m trying to figure out what you guys are saying and I’m feeling worse & more confused by the day. 

It’s that I’m never going to get ahead. I’m so sick of seeing how everyone else is happy and having fun on facebook. I really don’t see how I’m supposed solve that. 

I discuss thing in the kinetic state of evolving as a single reproduction inhabiting space in series parallel time occupying space as a replacement to the former DNA donors to me being individually alive now. My "self" without the duality of pretending my social identiy is a higher level of evolution.  It is just induced energy within by brain due to activity of my body adapting as a sole displacement now.

Humanity believes the brain has a portion used for consciousness when moving about everything else mutually evolving separately now, the brain has to work internal operations to move around outside the flesh, and that creates expanding and contracting muscle movements as a whole body working one direction from every other angle coming back at them from contracting results of their added detail movements.

My point is induced energies carry over between each motion which creates the energy of awareness of everything outside the body to navigate around.  Brain is working 6 senses, 5 physical and the other to compare past with current evolving and goals to accomplish.

Genetic self vs social interpretation of who one rather be than just another ancestor being eternally separated now. All within one's own brain constantly taking place. Now what are dreams but memories working the contradictions of social activitiies pretending now isn't eternity and life always has been eternally separated by genetic reproductions here.

The eternal conundrum every human ancestor experiences cradle to grave now doesn't change becoming 1 of 2 parents, arriving to 1 of 4 grandparents, etc.  Life offers the opportunity to add ancestors, not every reproduction does but due to siblings when one doesn't another one did and the one that didn't doesn't add their specific DNA forward while the DNA donors move forward because of siblings or cousins did.

Simple compounding evolving life never survives beyond living in series parallel placement now.  thermodynamics working from periodic tables between erosion and decompositon everything changes and nothing is duplicated twice except event horizons mark balancing points between results actively here one at a time..

Edited by solereproduction
correct spelling

3 hours ago, Blessed2 said:

I want to feel on fire and excited every day.

Sometimes life lights a fire under your ass and we call it "misfortune". 🤷‍♂️

Thanks for the book recommendation by the way. Feel it, remember you are creating it, appreciation is the only really current-cy and it's only now. If you feel bad everyday because the last three days/weeks/years weren't great you miss that it's always now. 

Youtube Channel  

58 minutes ago, Mandy said:

Sometimes life lights a fire under your ass and we call it "misfortune". 🤷‍♂️

❤️

58 minutes ago, Mandy said:

Thanks for the book recommendation by the way. Feel it, remember you are creating it, appreciation is the only really current-cy and it's only now. If you feel bad everyday because the last three days/weeks/years weren't great you miss that it's always now. 

🙏

There must be an effortless way.

On 1/31/2023 at 8:37 AM, Blessed2 said:

@Phil I don't know man. I don't know. To be honest, I'm not feeling that great either.

My life just feels like it's going nowhere and I'm stuck in meaningless shit. I want everything to change. I want to feel on fire and excited every day. I want to feel like all my dreams and desires are coming true. But I'm not feeling like that at all.

I don't know if it's ever going to change. I'm worried it won't and I'm just wasting it all feeling like shit.

Exactly. I feel I can relate and that’s how it feels like my life feels to me too. I don’t feel great either. I don’t even feel good. In fact I feel like shit for more or less all the same reasons. Nice to finally find someone who understands and can relate brother.

23 hours ago, James123 said:

Isnt it all the spirituality work about? Not what you have, about what You are. 

No idea what you mean by “spirituality work” or how that’s supposed to help me realize “no self”. 

22 hours ago, bnyland said:

Feels like @Phil is trying to let us know how frustrating it is to answer all the inane comments from 'seekers'. Hey, it's not my job to be a teacher, if you're getting that frustrated, maybe take a break? 😀. And so as not to give you reason to avoid answering the question, I'll post it in another reply (this is for "teacher" Phil), next is for "WTH is no self Phil")

I’m here asking for simple practical advice or tips for realizing ”no self”, and you’re suggesting that’s by “being a teacher”?  How would “being a teacher”not be being “a self”. How’s that supposed to help me realize “no self”!? What you’re saying seems like nonsense. As if you don’t even actually listen to what you’re saying. Like you’re very confused and contradicting yourself and not even caring to notice.

21 hours ago, solereproduction said:

I discuss thing in the kinetic state of evolving as a single reproduction inhabiting space in series parallel time occupying space as a replacement to the former DNA donors to me being individually alive now. My "self" without the duality of pretending my social identiy is a higher level of evolution.  It is just induced energy within by brain due to activity of my body adapting as a sole displacement now.

Humanity believes the brain has a portion used for consciousness when moving about everything else mutually evolving separately now, the brain has to work internal operations to move around outside the flesh, and that creates expanding and contracting muscle movements as a whole body working one direction from every other angle coming back at them from contracting results of their added detail movements.

My point is induced energies carry over between each motion which creates the energy of awareness of everything outside the body to navigate around.  Brain is working 6 senses, 5 physical and the other to compare past with current evolving and goals to accomplish.

Genetic self vs social interpretation of who one rather be than just another ancestor being eternally separated now. All within one's own brain constantly taking place. Now what are dreams but memories working the contradictions of social activitiies pretending now isn't eternity and life always has been eternally separated by genetic reproductions here.

The eternal conundrum every human ancestor experiences cradle to grave now doesn't change becoming 1 of 2 parents, arriving to 1 of 4 grandparents, etc.  Life offers the opportunity to add ancestors, not every reproduction does but due to siblings when one doesn't another one did and the one that didn't doesn't add their specific DNA forward while the DNA donors move forward because of siblings or cousins did.

Simple compounding evolving life never survives beyond living in series parallel placement now.  thermodynamics working from periodic tables between erosion and decompositon everything changes and nothing is duplicated twice except event horizons mark balancing points between results actively here one at a time..

What thing though? What the hell are you talkin about?

What’s this have to do with realizing “no self”?

1 hour ago, Phil said:

I’m here asking for simple practical advice or tips for realizing ”no self”, and you’re suggesting that’s by “being a teacher”?  How would “being a teacher”not be being “a self”. How’s that supposed to help me realize “no self”!? What you’re saying seems like nonsense. As if you don’t even actually listen to what you’re saying. Like you’re very confused and contradicting yourself and not even caring to notice.

So you ignored the only important post of mine, right after the one you quoted ? Grand.

2 hours ago, Phil said:

No idea what you mean by “spirituality work” or how that’s supposed to help me realize “no self”. 

Maybe, entire universe is made for/within seeing a beauty of happy child eyes, or butterfly that flies to sky. Who knows.

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

8 hours ago, Phil said:

What thing though? What the hell are you talkin about?

What’s this have to do with realizing “no self”?

first question answer, evolving in plain sight.

second question, evolving as reproductively here being eternally separated since conceived.

third question, what I am is a single male reproduction proportionately alive here among 8 billion others in the same species separate ancestries and the "no self" is intellectual translation of who I could rather be in reality ignoring what I am in real time as where humanity is the exception to eternity being now.

But that is just social consensus working every generation forward silencing anyone debunking any reality. Honor among embezzlers of other people's natural time evolving here one at a time in series parallel displacement accounting for each of the 8 billion here in all the time evolving no two reproduction arrived twice.

Reason? Simple compounding DNA with last great great grandchild being the total sum of all previous generations adding one's specific linage since inception.

Self evident instinctively. Intellect creates doubts, then protects doubts morally, legally, ethically, economiclaly, socially, each generation added changing chain of command over to blind faith loyalists that won't question facts creating missing links to self evident results of each person alive.

Honesty prevents mayhem, madness, misery making people reject what they are and die performing who society says they are worth to humanity.

The first person perspective or your direct experience if you observe it as an experience you will notice your feelings, thoughts and so on but all of these will change. Sometimes is more solid, sometimes its thinking and so on. You can of course be aware of yourself, your self experience, your feelings - but it doesn't necessary mean that you will anything in it. It is good to know yourself and learn about yourself. This doesn't necessary mean that you wont change in the future. Sometimes we go on a path and realize is not what we wanted and visa versa. Every moment you are changing and you don't know what you will like in the future and this is good. If you think you have learned all about yourself and you are awakened you will stagnated into enteral drunkenness' "bliss".  You don't live inside yourself you live in the world. There is not a good explanation about this and there is not a good explanation about reality and the world so don't try so hard.

There is a story about Buddha staying under the tree how many years then we he finally stopped his meditation, they asked him what have you learned he said lets go eat. As I understand at that time they were not eating since it was considered as a pleasurable activity.

On 2/1/2023 at 11:39 AM, bnyland said:

So you ignored the only important post of mine, right after the one you quoted ? Grand.

I really just read this and feel like you’re trying to make me feel bad so you can feel more important. Maybe you want me to see you as “grand” is really all that comes to mind. 

On 1/31/2023 at 11:15 AM, bnyland said:

So dear @Phil, what are thoughts?

I feel like to me your posts might be important to you, but that doesn’t make them feel important to me or ignored by me. I’m asking for simple practical ways to realize “no self”. Asking me what are thoughts is pointless. Maybe you know or believe you understand what thoughts are, idk. Great for you if you do. No idea how that’s supposed to help me realize “no self”. I’m supposed to understand that and then “no self” will somehow correlate or be realized? I really don’t get what you’re saying at all. 

23 hours ago, James123 said:

Maybe, entire universe is made for/within seeing a beauty of happy child eyes, or butterfly that flies to sky. Who knows.

I can’t tell if this place is about realizing “no self” or some weird ass online reenactment of The Dead Poet Society. 

17 hours ago, solereproduction said:

first question answer, evolving in plain sight.

second question, evolving as reproductively here being eternally separated since conceived.

third question, what I am is a single male reproduction proportionately alive here among 8 billion others in the same species separate ancestries and the "no self" is intellectual translation of who I could rather be in reality ignoring what I am in real time as where humanity is the exception to eternity being now.

But that is just social consensus working every generation forward silencing anyone debunking any reality. Honor among embezzlers of other people's natural time evolving here one at a time in series parallel displacement accounting for each of the 8 billion here in all the time evolving no two reproduction arrived twice.

Reason? Simple compounding DNA with last great great grandchild being the total sum of all previous generations adding one's specific linage since inception.

Self evident instinctively. Intellect creates doubts, then protects doubts morally, legally, ethically, economiclaly, socially, each generation added changing chain of command over to blind faith loyalists that won't question facts creating missing links to self evident results of each person alive.

Honesty prevents mayhem, madness, misery making people reject what they are and die performing who society says they are worth to humanity.

I think I get wanting to be heard and understood. Is that basically what you’re trying to say? Like I’ll realize “no self” if my concepts are repeated enough or heard or understood by people? Then I’ll be heard & understood and there will be “no self” that was heard and understood?? It doesn’t make any sense but it seems like that’s basically what you’re saying. Or maybe you’re trying to point out that I’m a single male? I thought I told you I was married with kids? I read what you’re saying a few times and the more I do the more it sounds like Richard Dawkins and Stanley Kubrick had a baby with existential Tourette’s syndrome. 

3 hours ago, nurthur11 said:

The first person perspective or your direct experience if you observe it as an experience you will notice your feelings, thoughts and so on but all of these will change. Sometimes is more solid, sometimes its thinking and so on. You can of course be aware of yourself, your self experience, your feelings - but it doesn't necessary mean that you will anything in it. It is good to know yourself and learn about yourself. This doesn't necessary mean that you wont change in the future. Sometimes we go on a path and realize is not what we wanted and visa versa. Every moment you are changing and you don't know what you will like in the future and this is good. If you think you have learned all about yourself and you are awakened you will stagnated into enteral drunkenness' "bliss".  You don't live inside yourself you live in the world. There is not a good explanation about this and there is not a good explanation about reality and the world so don't try so hard.

There is a story about Buddha staying under the tree how many years then we he finally stopped his meditation, they asked him what have you learned he said lets go eat. As I understand at that time they were not eating since it was considered as a pleasurable activity.

Yeah there’s feelings and thoughts. So what? I guess I get that you’re saying I should be aware of myself. But how’s “no self” fit into that?? It’s like you’re saying the “no self” is a third self that’s supposed to will something? What the hell does that even mean? Sounds like the plot of the next Last AirBender movie. How’s knowing myself and learning about myself make any sense with “no self”? How am I supposed to change in a future? Just jump in a delorean during the next storm? I’m not saying I’ve awakened. To me that feels like some kool aid you all drink. The “no self” lives inside the world? Yeah, that’s pretty much already me. Living in a shithole that I don’t even think will be here long enough for me to live a full life in it. I feel like I’d be lucky to ever breathe clean air or eat something that isn’t genetically modified and giving me cancer. Those days are done brother. I think it’s you that stands to wake up. What the hell does “The Buddha” have to do with what I’m here asking for help with? Is that the advice you’d honestly tell my wife & kids? Your husband / dad just needs to go sit under a fucking tree for years? Are you insane man!? Where I live that’s called abandonment and I’m pretty sure there are like laws and shit about that. 

5 hours ago, Phil said:

I really just read this and feel like you’re trying to make me feel bad so you can feel more important. Maybe you want me to see you as “grand” is really all that comes to mind. 

I feel like to me your posts might be important to you, but that doesn’t make them feel important to me or ignored by me. I’m asking for simple practical ways to realize “no self”. Asking me what are thoughts is pointless. Maybe you know or believe you understand what thoughts are, idk. Great for you if you do. No idea how that’s supposed to help me realize “no self”. I’m supposed to understand that and then “no self” will somehow correlate or be realized? I really don’t get what you’re saying at all. 

I can’t tell if this place is about realizing “no self” or some weird ass online reenactment of The Dead Poet Society. 

I think I get wanting to be heard and understood. Is that basically what you’re trying to say? Like I’ll realize “no self” if my concepts are repeated enough or heard or understood by people? Then I’ll be heard & understood and there will be “no self” that was heard and understood?? It doesn’t make any sense but it seems like that’s basically what you’re saying. Or maybe you’re trying to point out that I’m a single male? I thought I told you I was married with kids? I read what you’re saying a few times and the more I do the more it sounds like Richard Dawkins and Stanley Kubrick had a baby with existential Tourette’s syndrome. 

Yeah there’s feelings and thoughts. So what? I guess I get that you’re saying I should be aware of myself. But how’s “no self” fit into that?? It’s like you’re saying the “no self” is a third self that’s supposed to will something? What the hell does that even mean? Sounds like the plot of the next Last AirBender movie. How’s knowing myself and learning about myself make any sense with “no self”? How am I supposed to change in a future? Just jump in a delorean during the next storm? I’m not saying I’ve awakened. To me that feels like some kool aid you all drink. The “no self” lives inside the world? Yeah, that’s pretty much already me. Living in a shithole that I don’t even think will be here long enough for me to live a full life in it. I feel like I’d be lucky to ever breathe clean air or eat something that isn’t genetically modified and giving me cancer. Those days are done brother. I think it’s you that stands to wake up. What the hell does “The Buddha” have to do with what I’m here asking for help with? Is that the advice you’d honestly tell my wife & kids? Your husband / dad just needs to go sit under a fucking tree for years? Are you insane man!? Where I live that’s called abandonment and I’m pretty sure there are like laws and shit about that. 

Relax man. Okay, try to attend your breath while doing that notice that you are aware of attending your breath. That is no self. 

Edited by nurthur11

This is pretty great and shows that NOBODY HERE REALLY KNOWS WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT.  If suddenly the pretense is dropped, somebody just isnt playing along with the established rhetoric, youre suddenly exposed as Not Having Actually Worked This Out.  Priceless...especially @Robed Mystic's total tone deafness.... well done.

Edited by Maycausedizzyness

6 hours ago, Devin said:

@Phil  I've only made it through half the thread but this seems fun, I'll try one.

Water, can you live without water? Water runs through our bodies to move minerals and proteins, and the like, re-aranging, 'cleaning', we drink from the river, we're 60% water, we urinate it out, it filters through the earth and evaporation into the clouds and rains back down into the river where 'we' drink it again.

There's no separation, where do I begin and end, everything is one.

Well, you are saying you are a filtration system essentially...but a filtration system IS a thing.

7 hours ago, Phil said:

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. 

no.  not trying to say anything more than everything I said exactly how most people don't accept life evolving as it does in plain sight.  the whole concept of "no self" is the idea intellect is a physical identity without a body to navigate for and a reproduction has no soul without context defining how living should evolve intellectually as a society instead of natural order of reproductions actively alive now.

the misleading mind over matter scenario is organized doubt worked historically into current events in every social justification of rationality to "Nobody can know everything socially imagined throughout history.

Here is the secret, one doesn't have to learn about everything imagined, just how reproductions are exactly separated in plain sight. What works for one works evertyhing present.

So goes a person, place, thing, so goes mankind.  The debate is which one thing is everyone focusing on to talk about.  Which generation, which species, which singularity mutually timed apart spontaneously present or historically left behind current events never the same total sum achieved again individually present as a whole.

Everything divided equally has to be separated at the same time regardless geographical location in the whole universe that singularity coexists.

Specificity has a core, if not in one place, then it has to be one time. Space-time relativity of the whole is equal to total sum of all its parts geographically position in ancestrally here now.  

correct spelling

20 hours ago, Orb said:

@Phil just start the day off with meditation, that's it, just 20-60 mins of meditation. 

I heard about meditation on this other forum. People there were kinda emphatic about it actually. I don’t think I have time though. I also don’t get how that relates to “no self”? Like what’s really the ‘big picture’ or point with this meditation? Do you do it? Why? What have you found? What difference has it made for you? Did you become enlightened or did it just raise your level of consciousness or what? 

19 hours ago, Devin said:

@Phil  I've only made it through half the thread but this seems fun, I'll try one.

Water, can you live without water? Water runs through our bodies to move minerals and proteins, and the like, re-aranging, 'cleaning', we drink from the river, we're 60% water, we urinate it out, it filters through the earth and evaporation into the clouds and rains back down into the river where 'we' drink it again.

There's no separation, where do I begin and end, everything is one.

Well if water runs through our bodies and we can’t live without water then obviously I’m the self that’s alive drinking the water. Sounds you’re saying this whole “no self” thing is basically bullshit? I think I feel like I knew that it was really. 

18 hours ago, James123 said:

If I can say what is this place, only I can say is, the dream of the lover. 

I hear ya wink wink, but my wife ain’t gonna appreciate that kind of dreaming pal. 

15 hours ago, nurthur11 said:

Relax man. Okay, try to attend your breath while doing that notice that you are aware of attending your breath. That is no self. 

So the “no self” is aware and attending the “no self’s” breath? That’s “no self”? I don’t get it. 

13 hours ago, Maycausedizzyness said:

This is pretty great and shows that NOBODY HERE REALLY KNOWS WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT.  If suddenly the pretense is dropped, somebody just isnt playing along with the established rhetoric, youre suddenly exposed as Not Having Actually Worked This Out.  Priceless...especially @Robed Mystic's total tone deafness.... well done.

I came here asking for simple practical suggestions with realizing this “no self”. What you’re saying is very confusing. If there’s “no self”, how could “anyone here” know what they’re talking about? Wouldn’t that be a self that knows what other selfs know & don’t know? If there’s “no self” then who are you saying isn’t playing along??? Who’s “exposed” as not having worked what out? Selves???

And if there is “no self” how do you know which selves have ‘worked this out’? Worked what out?! Seems like that’s about selves and I’m asking about this “no self”. I don’t know what you’re trying to say. Honestly it seems like you’re a self who’s tone def. Like you’re skipping over lending any practical suggestions to grind an ax or feel better about yourself by trying to make it seem like you’re above everyone here because you‘re the self that knows “something” other selves don’t. Maybe you should get a hobby or a relationship or something brother. Idk. If your life is like your words, it’s very confusing and doesn’t seem to be headed anywhere relevant or significant. Again, just asking for simple practical ways for realizing “no self”. I don’t see how ridiculing other selves somehow jives with having realized “no self”. 🤷 Maybe you know something I don’t though. 

Being "aware of attending your breath" is no self??? Lmao... literally, priceless🤣

Are you saying you’re the self which has realized “no self”? It seems more like you’re overlooking the whole point of why I cam here and what I’m asking and have an addiction or something to making your self look better than other selves really. Maybe you could contribute something to what I’m asking about? Instead of just venting your personal frustrations on other people? You seem like this bully kid in my son’s school. The principal told us that kid needs therapy. I think that might be good for you too. She said he’s “trying to fill a whole”. No idea what that means but maybe it’s helpful for you. 

Well, you are saying you are a filtration system essentially...but a filtration system IS a thing.

It’s like you’re overlooking I made this thread asking for help. You’re really just ripping on people who are actually trying to help. You’re not actually contributing anything but negativity and hostility but it doesn’t seem like you notice or care to notice. You make these people look good. Like they have some kind of focus or concentration or something idk what really. Or maybe they don’t just care about inflating themself at the expense of others. Hey, that felt good. Maybe that’s what they’re talkin about…?

12 hours ago, solereproduction said:

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. 

no.  not trying to say anything more than everything I said exactly how most people don't accept life evolving as it does in plain sight.  the whole concept of "no self" is the idea intellect is a physical identity without a body to navigate for and a reproduction has no soul without context defining how living should evolve intellectually as a society instead of natural order of reproductions actively alive now.

the misleading mind over matter scenario is organized doubt worked historically into current events in every social justification of rationality to "Nobody can know everything socially imagined throughout history.

Here is the secret, one doesn't have to learn about everything imagined, just how reproductions are exactly separated in plain sight. What works for one works evertyhing present.

So goes a person, place, thing, so goes mankind.  The debate is which one thing is everyone focusing on to talk about.  Which generation, which species, which singularity mutually timed apart spontaneously present or historically left behind current events never the same total sum achieved again individually present as a whole.

Everything divided equally has to be separated at the same time regardless geographical location in the whole universe that singularity coexists.

Specificity has a core, if not in one place, then it has to be one time. Space-time relativity of the whole is equal to total sum of all its parts geographically position in ancestrally here now.  

Reminds me of this old movie. I still don’t have the first clue what you’re trying to say.

@Phil meditation empties out the body of tension from discordant beliefs. You don't have to meditate for decades or whatever most people say in order to feel good from it, you can feel the benefits of it immediately. Starting the day off with meditation is great for feeling more satisfied in general throughout the day. When I start the day off with meditation, I just feel better throughout the entire day.

♾️