No Self

Phil

20 hours ago, DMT Elf said:

I think it's what happens when you're trying admirably hard to slap people awake, but nothing you say seems to be getting through. All you want to do is reach people, but some people may just be out of your reach. So, in a last ditch effort, you try mirroring the ridiculousness back to them on the off chance that they may finally see whats going on and snap out of it.

I’m not trying to slap anyone awake though. I honestly wouldn’t even know what that means. Kinda of the opposite maybe? I’m really just trying to get some practical tips on “no self”. Are you saying slapping other people awake would result in “no self”? Idk. Seems really confusing or something. Maybe you’re saying I’m the one mirroring, or maybe I’m the them the mirroring is back to?

21 hours ago, solereproduction said:

Comedy by sarcasm resisting another ideology for what it was worth in real time adapting to space mutually evolving forward now.

Well it does seem funny. What you’re saying seems funny too. Not sure why really. it seems like a setup without a punchline somehow. 

19 hours ago, MetaSage said:

Some psychedelic state I guess.

Are you saying maybe that’s the way to realizing “no self”? That “no self” is basically a psychedelic state?

Ok. I hadn’t thought about that really. Are there certain psychedelics you’d recommend? Like some that are better than others for me to get to myself, or realize there’s “no self”?

I once had an "experience" of no-self while taking a walk with my dog. I just held the question of my nature in no particular form and wondered about it. A radically open state preceded the realization.

It was superficial and the effects lasted for 2 hours or so. Currently ignorant, though.

On 2/14/2023 at 4:28 PM, Phil said:

Are you saying maybe that’s the way to realizing “no self”? That “no self” is basically a psychedelic state?

Ok. I hadn’t thought about that really. Are there certain psychedelics you’d recommend? Like some that are better than others for me to get to myself, or realize there’s “no self”?

I was referring to the "alien kangaroo consciousness". 

Edited by MetaSage

On 2/12/2023 at 9:28 AM, Phil said:

What about that lady that says there is “the law of attraction”? I was just listening to her and she made it sound like if I think I know or understand “no self” or “the self” then it would seem like other people are stupid because I’m attracting via my own like, believing that I’m smart or that I know or understand something which is actually just beliefs that I’m believing is the truth and expecting other people to know, when it really is that I’m expecting other people to believe what I believe. I don’t know. She said it way better. What do you make of that though? Does that just seem stupid to you too?

I'm afraid I don't understand.  Language is a very lacking and archaic way of communicating.  Makes you feel like we are in the stone age.  If we could only be each other simultaneously we would not longer have to use words. Please try to be a little more clear.  

As far as your understanding and or spiritual growth - I could not begin to know.  Only you know that.   Should have added that to the edits and he should remove that part of what he is saying.   You can't know a person ever , let alone from a forum.   You can only know them by being them.

Edited by Robed Mystic

23 hours ago, MetaSage said:

I was referring to the "alien kangaroo consciousness". 

Ok. Seems kind of rhetorical & confusing though. I’m not sure how that relates to “no self”. 

21 hours ago, Blessed2 said:

Who is aware of these words right now?

Who is aware of this moment?

Who is aware of the thoughts appearing right now?

Who is aware of being aware?

I guess I am. What’s the point here? How’s that relate to “no self”?

21 hours ago, DMT Elf said:

Other people are kinda like mirrors. What we see in them is what we are.

I would highly recommend psychedelics btw. I especially recommend them if you have a lot of questions that you're struggling to answer. They probably wont make you "get it", but that'll never happen anyway. If you ever reach a point where you think you "get it", then I hate to break it to ya, but you've taken a wrong turn. Completely missed the point. What psychedelics will do is blast your mind wide open. They might show you that you've been asking the wrong questions, or that the questions you've been asking are based on wrong assumptions.

In particular, I recommend DMT. I would suggest vaping ~50mg and then staring into a mirror as it comes on. You'll never be the same again after you do that. Like staring into the abyss and watching as the abyss stares back into you. Only the abyss isn't some nihilistic void. It's infinite meaning. It's intelligence. It's past, present, and future all laid out before you on the infinite cosmic timeline which only ever exists right now. Wild stuff, man. Give it a try, and when you come back wide eyed and babbling nonsense, we can share a laugh over this conversation.

Not sure I understand. Are you saying if I use other people as mirrors, then “no self” will be like, reflected back to me or something? I’m not trying to be sarcastic here, but if people are mirrors, what are regular mirrors? Like I look at my wife, and the bathroom mirror, and honestly they don’t seem to be the same thing or even similar. 

I’m thinking about trying psychedelics. A lot of people say that leads to “no self”. What I don’t get is if that, ‘no self’, will never happen, what’s the point of taking the psychedelics? It sounds like a way or a means of making what you’re saying can’t happen, happen. Kinda seems like tripping on psychedelics would still just be, what’s happening…? Do you get what I’m saying or no?

When you say I’ll never be the same again after doing that, what do you mean? Like, how will I be changed? 

Could you help me out with what my wrong questions and wrong assumptions are? I feel like there is something to get there but I don’t get it. 

I don’t really get what infinite meaning means, but dude, I have a job and a wife and kids. How’s that gonna jive with babbling nonsense? In a way I feel like I get what you’re saying about doing something to expand my mind, but then I definitely don’t see how this would jive with not ruining my whole situation work and family wise. 

17 hours ago, Robed Mystic said:

I'm afraid I don't understand.  Language is a very lacking and archaic way of communicating.  Makes you feel like we are in the stone age.  If we could only be each other simultaneously we would not longer have to use words. Please try to be a little more clear.  

As far as your understanding and or spiritual growth - I could not begin to know.  Only you know that.   Should have added that to the edits and he should remove that part of what he is saying.   You can't know a person ever , let alone from a forum.   You can only know them by being them.

What’s this have to do with “no self”? Seems opposite, like you’re saying there are selves, which are afraid, lacking, could be each other, could be more clear, have spiritual growth, which know, which should do this or that or be different, which don’t know but I could know by being them. There seems to be a lot of confusion. I’m just asking for practical suggestions on “no self”. 

23 minutes ago, Orb said:

@Phil anything that goes away even for 1 second is not truth. So the thoughts about you aren't true either.

I’m glad you commented again. So, I tried meditation. I actually tried it every morning since you mentioned it. For the first few days it was actually cool. Sort of uneventful or boring, but I did like it. Like I saw stuff that I wasn’t seeing or something, or maybe felt a way that I wasn’t feeling but wanted to? Idk. Like, my boss is basically a self-centered asshole and it pisses me off, but I noticed I was pissed off about it before I tried meditating at home, and I noticed I was pissed off and he wasn’t even there. I don’t know what that’s about really but it sort of seemed significant. 

Here’s what I’ve been meaning to ask you though… for the first few days meditating seemed nice. But yesterday it didn’t. The same stupid anger comes up and it’s hard to just sit there. Like I feel like I gotta get up and do something about it, you know what I’m sayin? Does that even happen to you? What do you do about it?

10 minutes ago, Phil said:

what I’ve been meaning to ask you though… for the first few days meditating seemed nice. But yesterday it didn’t. The same stupid anger comes up and it’s hard to just sit there. Like I feel like I gotta get up and do something about it, you know what I’m sayin? Does that even happen to you? What do you do about it?

I write in my journal every single detail relating to my anger, vent  with trusted friends. And just keep writing. Emotion is prior to thoughts, thought creates after images of emotion felt. You cannot think your way out of feeling. 

♾️

On 2/14/2023 at 11:28 AM, Phil said:

Well it does seem funny. What you’re saying seems funny too. Not sure why really. it seems like a setup without a punchline somehow. 

those in charge of reasonable doubt think it is funny nobody actually catches on to reverse psychology does to great great grandchildren all the way forward to 1 of 16 great great grandparents trained their replacing 4 generations to believe life isn't self evidently evolving in place now.>the punchline, becareful what you ask for.

Edited by solereproduction
adding information to clarify more than just a single talking point.

21 hours ago, Orb said:

I write in my journal every single detail relating to my anger, vent  with trusted friends.

Hmm. And that helps? Maybe I’ll try it. 

21 hours ago, Orb said:

And just keep writing. Emotion is prior to thoughts, thought creates after images of emotion felt. You cannot think your way out of feeling. 

Hmm again. I gotta think about that. “You cannot think your way out of feeling” feels like it has a lot of meat on the bone for me. My wife keeps telling me something very similar. Thanks. 

10 hours ago, DMT Elf said:

lol, I think I picked that up from watching Teal Swan videos... Maybe? I cant remember honestly, but I'm pretty sure it's about projection.

Yeah I don’t get that either. It doesn’t seem to pan out. Sounds confused. 

For most people it's an authentic desire to understand life. At least, It should be. If not then I feel sorry for you. But the answers to life's great questions can't really be intellectualized, and they certainly can't be written down or conveyed through language. If that were possible, It would've been done. Of course people are always trying, but that's called religious fundamentalism, and it serves no purpose other than to enable people to keep their minds in a state of infancy. This may sound a bit cheesy, but I need to say it; the answer is the process of discovery.

This sounds even more confusing. There’s “no self”, but there are people with authentic and inauthentic desires, and a self which feels sorry for other selves which when they don’t measure up? 

Are you saying if I had the right answers then I should be different? I mean, I’m not saying that makes sense, I’m just asking if thats what you’re saying? It seems like that there are answers to life’s great questions is already an intellectualization of life. I mean, I’ve not experienced life having any questions or asking me anything. Do you experience that is that the “no self” which experiences life that way? If I realize “no self” would I then be asked stuff by life? How’s what you’re saying different than religion? Seems like a life religion or somethin. 

I've seen people on these forums say psychedelic experience is just an experience like any other, or that it's just more thought activity and not a real non-duel realization. I honestly can't relate to that in the least. I don't know what kind of experiences they're having, but they can't be anything like mine. Psychedelic experience is unlike anything else, and it's impossible to put into words.

So is the “no self” the one seeing people, or is the people the “no self”? I’m not getting what you’re saying man. Like for me there’s just this experience. I’m trying to compare it like you’re saying, to the other experience, but it’s like there’s just experience, like, not two experiences to compare. But I don’t mean that personally, like, I’m not against you having experiences, I just don’t get what you’re referring to. But I guess the answer there lies in that those experiences are yours. That’s great for you, but again I just don’t see what any of that has to do with “no self”. 

If you say everything is just what's happening, so, right now this is what's happening, but during a trip, that's whats happening, I guess I can see that a little bit. But still, It's not at all the same.

To anyone who says that psychedelic states aren't special of significant in any way... My reaction is to raise an eyebrow at you. So to speak.

I don’t know man. If I say everything is not just what’s happening, that I feel like honesty or some sense of conscience of something… and I feel like I’d be lying, like, for no reason. As if I’d be trying to confuse someone about experience for some odd reason. I really don’t know if it’s all the same, because I don’t have your experience and this experience happening to compare like, this and that. Maybe you’re saying is I get that, like, your experiences that aren’t this experience, then there’d be “no self”, but honestly this seem like, jumbled or nonsensical, or maybe rhetorical or like rhetoric. Like the religions you mentioned. It’s so confusing asking about “no self”, and hearing all this stuff I’d have to do and understand to get to “no self”. Like how do I do something such that this experience because that, or your experience? If you could give me simple literal practical steps that would be great and I’ll try it. Maybe you’re like, being convert or something? Like maybe what you’re really saying is I’m not special or significant, but I could be if I had your experiences or psychedelics…? Still not quite grasping how this results in “no self”. It sounds more like “better self”, if you know what I mean. If there’s “no self” then who or what is saying there are these states which “no self” must like, get or something? It sounds more like you’re saying there are selves, but some are not special or significant, but can take psychedelics, and then they’ll become special and significant and have proper reactions. I don’t know. It’s hard to put a finger on, but something just feels really off about what you’re saying here. It kinda sounds like psychedelics are a way to selves and being a better self than other selves. 

Saying you'll never be the same again might be a little over the top, but also maybe not really. Strong trips can definitely change your outlook on life.

And, no, I can't help you with that. everybody needs to figure that out for themself.

The feeling of "there is something to get there but I don’t get it" is pretty normal I think. It's possible there's a wrong assumption centered around what you think you're gonna get.

I don’t think there’ something to get out there, I think you’re saying there’s something better and that I could be better and that psychedelics are the way to make this experience like yours. Is that not what you’re saying?

lol, probably don't trip around your kids. That might make them uncomfortable... Although some people supposedly do trip with their parents. I'd never do that. Not if you payed me a million dollars. But some people have very different family dynamics I guess? Your wife might be into it. Make it a bonding activity?

Right, I’m not saying I would take drugs around my kids. I’m saying the way you’re describing the results of taking psychedelics sounds like it would result in basically my wife divorcing me and losing my kids. I don’t see how “coming back wide eyed and talking nonsense” is helpful, or how it has to do with “no self”. It sounds to me like a self which is “coming back” like, improved, or better, like more special and more significant than other selves.

45 minutes ago, solereproduction said:

those in charge of reasonable doubt think it is funny nobody actually catches on to reverse psychology does to great great grandchildren all the way forward to 1 of 16 great great grandparents trained their replacing 4 generations to believe life isn't self evidently evolving in place now.>the punchline, becareful what you ask for.

I’m asking for simple practical tips on “no self”. I don’t get this generational stuff you’re talking about. 

3 hours ago, Phil said:

I’m asking for simple practical tips on “no self”. I don’t get this generational stuff you’re talking about. 

What is more simple than actually existing naturally displaced one of a kind able to navigate space individually here understanding the basics 7 ways it occurs for anything comparing the whole against itself.

How, why, what, where, when, which one is which, person, place, thing having a point of view on his, her, its own position in the whole process of being, one of a kind.

Uniqneness isn't supernatural or intellectually planned out forward from here.  Getting alone with everything else uniquely present by the same means leaves motives, methods, opportunities, to honestly accept the instinctive actuality or sustain factuality nobody intellectually wants to know actuality leaving mayhem, madness, misery for anyone not participating in factual ways to ignore actuality of being alive now.

simply the distance between live:evil continues unresolved factually.

adding information to clarify more than just a single talking point.

Oh Phil I came up with this idea on another site just a few minutes ago and it really does apply to the core of your no self self philosophy.

I entered this space never existed before and I leave this time never duplicated again. there isn't an intellectual soul that will claim my brain in equality to their contextual mind.

add context to clarify life's specificity to evolving forward now.

21 hours ago, solereproduction said:

What is more simple than actually existing naturally displaced one of a kind able to navigate space individually here understanding the basics 7 ways it occurs for anything comparing the whole against itself.

How, why, what, where, when, which one is which, person, place, thing having a point of view on his, her, its own position in the whole process of being, one of a kind.

Uniqneness isn't supernatural or intellectually planned out forward from here.  Getting alone with everything else uniquely present by the same means leaves motives, methods, opportunities, to honestly accept the instinctive actuality or sustain factuality nobody intellectually wants to know actuality leaving mayhem, madness, misery for anyone not participating in factual ways to ignore actuality of being alive now.

simply the distance between live:evil continues unresolved factually.

I would say just about anything is more simple. 

20 hours ago, solereproduction said:

Oh Phil I came up with this idea on another site just a few minutes ago and it really does apply to the core of your no self self philosophy.

I entered this space never existed before and I leave this time never duplicated again. there isn't an intellectual soul that will claim my brain in equality to their contextual mind.

I don’t have a no self philosophy, I’m asking for simple practical tips on realizing “no self”. 

13 hours ago, DMT Elf said:

@Phil Well... I'm at a total loss as to how to continue this conversation.

Can we try something different? Like switch roles? Would you mind explaining to me what no-self is, and how to realize it? And I'll ask questions.

Well that’s kinda the thing. I don’t know, and that’s why I’m asking for help. It seems like you people understand “no self” and so I’m just trying to understand it or realize it. I guess I figure from all the trips mentioned and teachings learned and enlightenments obtained you people would be able to help me. 

10 minutes ago, DMT Elf said:

Yeah, I hear ya man. I get super frustrated with enlightened people for not giving me straight answers. Like a while ago, a found an enlightened guru on Instagram. I was interested in siddhis at the time. Specifically I was interested in levitation. I thought he might be able to teach me how to levitate. But when I asked him about it, he basically just told me that I needed to be more grounded. What an annoying response. I don't see what being grounded has to do with levitation at all. It seems like the opposite of what I was trying to do. Its like just give me a straight answer or don't. Don't dick me around.

I eventually learned how to levitate anyway, but it was no thanks to him.

Was that pick the thing up yourself and carry it where you want to to go?  Or concvince somone else to do it for you.  Power of suggestion or persuasion of power?

6 hours ago, DMT Elf said:

Yeah, I hear ya man. I get super frustrated with enlightened people for not giving me straight answers. Like a while ago, a found an enlightened guru on Instagram. I was interested in siddhis at the time. Specifically I was interested in levitation. I thought he might be able to teach me how to levitate. But when I asked him about it, he basically just told me that I needed to be more grounded. What an annoying response. I don't see what being grounded has to do with levitation at all. It seems like the opposite of what I was trying to do. Its like just give me a straight answer or don't. Don't dick me around.

so how did you learn it?  and how can i do it?

18 hours ago, solereproduction said:

Always easier to say simple ideas than adapt simply existing as eternally separated as one self adapting in space mutually evolving in plain sight.

So it’s easier for “no self” to say simple ideas than adapt to existing as separate from one self in space mutually evolving with other selves in time? So basically you’re saying there are selves, and like, this asking for simple practical tips on how to recognize there is actually “no self” in direct experience is the wrong direction? 

16 hours ago, DMT Elf said:

Sorry man, I don’t get it. How’s there enlightened people if there’s “no self”? Are you saying “no self” becomes a self by getting enlightened? What’s levitation & enlightened people have to do with simple practical tips on recognizing “no self” in direct experience?

On 2/16/2023 at 10:04 AM, Phil said:

Tip about no self.  One never existed since conceived to imagine their body as "no self".  It is just doubts created to imagine oneself anything other than all they ever been.  That doesn't make a sole, a soul.

See when evolving as displaced an ancestor, there is adapting to space for the time one has evolving and there is ideas life isn't what it has always been.  The ideas life isn't what it is corrupts those evolving as life does.  When is that a greater good?

Look at the laws in every society that punish anyone being honest about why they exist as actualy alive, treated like insubordinates, traitors, blasphemy against the humanities building better tomorrows than genetics sustain today.  Mayhem, madness, misery wins every rotation of the planet because everyone is forced to doubt why each existed in the first place.  Get what the Original Sin was here?

Replacing their previous 4 generation gaps as life never stays the same as it arrived again. Each ancestor ever added to its species gets 93.75% thir unique DNA from their previous 4 generations been conceived separately before.

Univeral constant balancing algorithm until there are no more added 5th generation gaps again..

16 hours ago, DMT Elf said:

The ceiling in my living room isn't much higher than 10 feet. I wouldn't want to bump my head.

Also, why do you presume to know that 10 feet is as easy as 1 inch? You clearly know nothing about the physics is levitation.

Kinetic results and natural balancing in the gravity of the situation with being specifically one of a kind for the time one has adapting in space living a series parallel existence to everything else universally present evolving individually here at the same instant.  Know the kinetics of life before selling potential anything else is possible.  

Karma came from kinetic energy, not static charges.

p.s.  Whe whole is equal to total sum of all its parts and with thinggs perpetually balancing universally here at the same time, one result for that happening, perpetual motion is a natural force expanding details like never before added currently here always changing results present per individual displacement.

Actuality of life eternally separated now and humans won't accept it and force everyone to play intellectual games of reasonable doubt.  I don't like being misled.