No Self

Phil

55 minutes ago, Floorcat said:

This thread is confusing me. Is Phil doing role play, or does he really not understand what he is fundamentally as Robed Mystic says? 

I think it's just a bunch of unnecessary mental masturbation, personally.  But I'm just as guilty- for partaking in it.  

Edited by Robed Mystic

2 minutes ago, Blessed2 said:

@Phil Would you say that you are the one who is percieving these words from Blessed2?

Would you say that you are the one who is percieving "all the work you'll never be able to get done, your annoying sister, or tension in your body"?

Awareness is perceiving it. Not Phil.  So no one is.  Awareness is both everyone and everything but also no one and nothing at the same time.  So what is perceiving it is just God.  

Edited by Robed Mystic

1 minute ago, Robed Mystic said:

Awareness is perceiving it. Not Phil.  So no one is.  Awareness is both everyone and everything but also no one and nothing at the same time.  So what is perceiving it is just God.  

Read the room.

Like literally read what this thread is about.

Edited by Blessed2

There must be an effortless way.

5 minutes ago, Blessed2 said:

No self is what I am deeming this thread is about so I deem my comments are within the context of the thread.  I was pointing out that the ego is a concept and an illusion.  There is no you inside.  But boy does it seem like there is!  The illusion is so masterfully crafted that i become more impressed everyday with the quality of how good it is. 

Edited by Robed Mystic

3 minutes ago, Blessed2 said:

Yes, and how do you practically inspect this assumption during day-to-day life?

Once you have realized it you no longer need to inspect.  But the initial inspection requires you dispelling what you initially thought you were.  For example - I always thought I was the soul.   Not the body, but a soul.  And yet at the moment of awakening i realized that the soul was a thought I had picked up as a result of my culture.  And it was an illusion.    And bam.  

Edited by Robed Mystic

1 hour ago, Blessed2 said:

read what this thread is about

Can you please enlighten so we can put it to bed? Is the whole thread a hypothetical role play? Or did it start as a hypothetical role play then turn into genuine questioning by Phil?  This it what it seems like. Can anyone clarify?

Edited by Floorcat

@Floorcat Hypothetical role play.

"The aim of this thread is sharing as specific and detailed of pointings as possible to the recognition of ‘no self’. Not to a self realizing or recognizing there is no self, but pointings to experience; day to day life, body, emotions, interpretations, relationships, work, creating… anything. 

Imagine someone who has just set foot on the path-less path, who’s just now heard of nonduality, spirituality, and is just beginning to question & inspect the actuality of their direct experience… with absolutely no frame of reference whatsoever. 

What would you point to in the fruitlessly loving attempt to draw attention to that there seems to be a self, but isn’t?"

Edited by Blessed2

2 hours ago, Blessed2 said:

@Phil Would you say that you are the one who is percieving these words from Blessed2?

Would you say that you are the one who is percieving "all the work you'll never be able to get done, your annoying sister, or tension in your body"?

The one that you are is can not put in the words, because anything you say is about you is an illusion. The closest thing is what you are is, you are the moment, which is still an illusion. 

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

8 hours ago, Robed Mystic said:

Do you want to understand what you are fundamentally?  

Well now this is confusing. Is the “no self” the one understanding, like “no self” is “the understander”, or is “no self” or “the understood”? This doesn’t seem logical, practical or helpful at all. 

Well I have two eyes don’t I? Yes. That seems obvious. 

Yes. Of course. I’m bout sick of it too. I don’t see what any of that has to do with this new age “no self” philosophy though. You all seem like you’re living in the same bubble or something. 

2 hours ago, Robed Mystic said:

Perceiving what? The “no self”? Self, no self, understander, understood, perceiver, awareness is two but God’s perceiving?? What!? Doesn’t sound like “no self”, sounds like you’re implying I have multiple metaphysical personalities disorder!

No self is what I am deeming this thread is about so I deem my comments are within the context of the thread.  I was pointing out that the ego is a concept and an illusion.  There is no you inside.  But boy does it seem like there is!  The illusion is so masterfully crafted that i become more impressed everyday with the quality of how good it is. 

Also very confusing. If there’s “no self” then how is this thread about no self? If there’s “no self” how is there “your comments”? 

Now there’s the ego too but it’s a concept which is an illusion? No you inside, what? 

How can an illusion be crafted and who’s impressed with it? 

This sounds nuts to be frank. I think you’re suffering from Polycephaly. 

Yes, and how do you practically inspect this assumption during day-to-day life?

You know, I really wish I knew. That’s all I came here asking, and you all are very confusing. 

But the initial inspection requires you dispelling what you initially thought you were.  For example - I always thought I was the soul.   Not the body, but a soul.  And yet at the moment of awakening i realized that the soul was a thought I had picked up as a result of my culture.  And it was an illusion.    And bam.  

Ok, that makes some sense here. I think that’s what I’m asking. How would I go about doing that?

27 minutes ago, Loop said:

@Phil

My dear, why do you seek this ‘no self’?

What are you hoping to find? 

I don’t even know. Life just seems pointless. I feel like I’m never going to “get ahead” you know what I mean? Like, I guess I’m just tired of life being so hard. All this shit I have to deal with everyday. And now my doctor’s telling me I need to get my stress under control while I’m young. Which makes no sense at all with this “no self” stuff. 

8 minutes ago, James123 said:

The one that you are is can not put in the words, because anything you say is about you is an illusion. The closest thing is what you are is, you are the moment, which is still an illusion. 

This just sounds like more platitudes. I hate when people say crap like “you’re the moment”. I really don’t see how that’s supposed to help me with any of this. 

8 minutes ago, James123 said:

When the seeker who is realized that seeker is never existed is a no self itself. 

Honestly I feel like beating my head against the wall would be more clarifying. I have no idea what that means. 

4 minutes ago, Phil said:

Well I have two eyes don’t I? Yes. That seems obvious. 

Take a look at this video. You don't need to listen what the video says, it's not important now. Just play it. And tell me, would you say you are the one percieving a person talking in that video? The same way you percieve a sister, her annyoing traits or tension in the body?

10 minutes ago, James123 said:

When the seeker who is realized that seeker is never existed is a no self itself. 

What is a ‘no self’? 

1 minute ago, Phil said:

I don’t even know.

Awesome, don’t know. When you allow not-knowing, you allow the thoughts to settle, which simultaneously stress will settle. 

5 minutes ago, Phil said:

Life just seems pointless. I feel like I’m never going to “get ahead” you know what I mean?

‘Without his Ox, Zen (you) is lost and very, very sad.’ You will catch up to your Ox (The True Self) Keep feeling & noticing what is so. 

8 minutes ago, Phil said:

Like, I guess I’m just tired of life being so hard. All this shit I have to deal with everyday. And now my doctor’s telling me I need to get my stress under control while I’m young.

The me that ‘needs to get my stress under control’ is also a thought referencing itself. That me that is stressed is only found in thought, try “I am experiencing stress” & notice the difference of feeling between that thought and the thought “my stress”.

13 minutes ago, Phil said:

Which makes no sense at all with this “no self” stuff. 

Yeah, most of our medical doctors don’t really have a good sense of what stress actually is themselves to be honest. 🙃

Ten thousand tears,

One Belly Laugh.