No Self

Phil

@Phil personally, i find that a sense of vast spaciousness begins to develop over time with meditation and self inquiry. The spaciousness is so vast that I look at the stars in the sky and they are all within me, I hear the plane flying through the sky and it feels like it's flying within me, the body is felt walking around and it feels like it's within me. Yet paradoxically there isnt any such thing as space so the whole universe is right here right now. I wouldn't be concerned with no self, you can never understand it no matter what. 

Edited by Orb

♾️

32 minutes ago, Phil said:

Reminds me of this old movie. I still don’t have the first clue what you’re trying to say.

A mind that follows the debate between which governs life forward art or reality, doesn't navigate space when existing as eternally separated now with life remaining what it has every generation debating what defines who i should be cradle to grave, art or reality, left or right, leaderships or fellowships, male female parents giving birth to male female replacements making up the populaiton all the time reproducitons continue being added now. 

Brain navigates doesn't interpret, Brain is the organ that works internal funciton to be able to move about in the environment beynd one's ancestral displacement.

People need to communicate while eolving at the same time, and that is where a mind develops after birth to exist as spontaneously alive one of a kind mutually evolving in same space currently alvie as the rest of the food chain native to the atmosphere it all works naturally evolving forward in plain sight.

Self evident is about everything existing together, oneself is within life being one of a kind never duplicated again in form shaped since a fertilized cell evolving until dead, self.  Intelelct is a brains ability to compare past to current events to change behavior forward to remain balancing with total sum never same again.  It is a universal perpetual blanacing thing. All kinetics no potential tomorrows, just eternally separated adapting to the moment.

Like 0 longitude and 360 longitude same time same place just another rotation complete and human intellect says that is a factual day in the life of living eternally separated now, but society says now cannot be eternity, and it always was and is.

Edited by solereproduction
adding information to clarify more than just a single talking point.

2 hours ago, Phil said:

So the “no self” is aware and attending the “no self’s” breath? That’s “no self”? I don’t get it. 

I dont know Philip. How to explain it to you. Dont think about it too much. The feeling that you are aware is good in practical terms.

Are you aware? Who is it that is aware? No one is aware.

On 2/3/2023 at 8:25 AM, Orb said:

@Phil meditation empties out the body of tension from discordant beliefs. You don't have to meditate for decades or whatever most people say in order to feel good from it, you can feel the benefits of it immediately. Starting the day off with meditation is great for feeling more satisfied in general throughout the day. When I start the day off with meditation, I just feel better throughout the entire day.

That’s great that you have all this understanding and feel so good, and I’m not saying you’re lying, I feel like you’re being sincere and know what you’re talking about. But I’ve heard it can take decades and even lifetimes for meditation to lead to obtaining “no self”. So idk man. I guess I’m just really confused about who to listen to and trust. 

On 2/3/2023 at 8:28 AM, Orb said:

@Phil personally, i find that a sense of vast spaciousness begins to develop over time with meditation and self inquiry. The spaciousness is so vast that I look at the stars in the sky and they are all within me, I hear the plane flying through the sky and it feels like it's flying within me, the body is felt walking around and it feels like it's within me. Yet paradoxically there isnt any such thing as space so the whole universe is right here right now. I wouldn't be concerned with no self, you can never understand it no matter what. 

I don’t really get that ‘in me’, but it does just sort of, feel nice for whatever reason. I don’t know what you mean by self inquiry and there’s no such thing as space though. I don’t get how self inquiry can lead to achieving “no self”. I also don’t get what the whole universe is right here right now means either. It definitely seems obvious that I’m in the universe. If that isn’t the case then what the hell does “universe” even mean? You get what I’m sayin? It starts to sound a bit “new age” or like I would need to follow you or something, or maybe like you’re about to sell me the way to “no self”. How I can never understand “no self” honestly sounds shitty and discouraging. To me it’s like you achieved it and now you’re trying to trick me or something, or hold me back. O r maybe you believe the universe is within you and I’m just some thing in your universe. Dunno. 

On 2/3/2023 at 8:42 AM, solereproduction said:

A mind that follows the debate between which governs life forward art or reality, doesn't navigate space when existing as eternally separated now with life remaining what it has every generation debating what defines who i should be cradle to grave, art or reality, left or right, leaderships or fellowships, male female parents giving birth to male female replacements making up the populaiton all the time reproducitons continue being added now. 

Brain navigates doesn't interpret, Brain is the organ that works internal funciton to be able to move about in the environment beynd one's ancestral displacement.

People need to communicate while eolving at the same time, and that is where a mind develops after birth to exist as spontaneously alive one of a kind mutually evolving in same space currently alvie as the rest of the food chain native to the atmosphere it all works naturally evolving forward in plain sight.

Self evident is about everything existing together, oneself is within life being one of a kind never duplicated again in form shaped since a fertilized cell evolving until dead, self.  Intelelct is a brains ability to compare past to current events to change behavior forward to remain balancing with total sum never same again.  It is a universal perpetual blanacing thing. All kinetics no potential tomorrows, just eternally separated adapting to the moment.

Like 0 longitude and 360 longitude same time same place just another rotation complete and human intellect says that is a factual day in the life of living eternally separated now, but society says now cannot be eternity, and it always was and is.

Yeah well my mind apparently didn’t develop like yours. I keep telling you over and over that I can’t comprehend what you’re saying and you just keep saying the same things over and over. You’re basically talking about some metaphysical cycles or something, but to me it feels like you’re stuck in that cycle. When I read about my brain comparing past events to change behaviors honestly I feel like punching somebody in the face. I don’t know what kinetic” vs “potential” and verbiage like that even means. It might not be you though. I’m already pissed about the RATM tour being cancelled and all I keep thinking when I read what you write is ‘fuck you I won’t do what you tell me’. It seems like I’m pissed because of what you’re saying and it also seems like maybe I’m just pissed for no reason. Idk why I’m so angry all the time. 

22 hours ago, nurthur11 said:

I dont know Philip. How to explain it to you. Dont think about it too much. The feeling that you are aware is good in practical terms.

Are you aware? Who is it that is aware? No one is aware.

That’s the self, that’s who I am. It doesn’t matter if I think about it. “No one is aware”, that’s the dumbest shit I’ve ever heard. How do you think I’m talking to you know! Sometimes I wonder if you nondualists and your new age platitudes and neo-advaita rhetoric are really what’s wrong with this world. it’s like you speak in cryptic fucking riddles when I’m just here trying to obtain “no self”. 

20 hours ago, Blessed2 said:

Have you guys heard about our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ?

artbook__064_064__jesuscarryingalostlamb____.thumb.jpg.6bdc308ff52a53b805c999c638c2fe64.jpg

No offense, but he sure as hell don’t seem to be saving me. 

15 hours ago, James123 said:

Lol. I laughed so loud man. Even today, my wife keep saying that she wants to go to vacation 🤣🤣🤣🤣

I’d need a vacation from your nondualist-neo-Advaita-ism too. People like you are insufferable and I’ve no patience for your games. 

32 minutes ago, Phil said:

That’s the self, that’s who I am. It doesn’t matter if I think about it. “No one is aware”, that’s the dumbest shit I’ve ever heard. How do you think I’m talking to you know! Sometimes I wonder if you nondualists and your new age platitudes and neo-advaita rhetoric are really what’s wrong with this world. it’s like you speak in cryptic fucking riddles when I’m just here trying to obtain “no self”. 

It sounds like you have strong feelings about nondualism and spirituality. Every person's journey and understanding of self is unique, and there is no right or wrong way to approach the concept of "no self." Some individuals find solace and clarity in these ideas, while others may find them confusing or unhelpful. It's important to find what resonates with you and what helps you live a fulfilling life.

22 hours ago, Mandy said:

@PhilDo you like it when people feel bad for you? 

I don’t think people feel bad for me. Seems more like the people in my life appreciate that I’m working myself to death taking care of everything & everyone. When I reincarnate I’m definitely gonna be one of them instead of me. Sometimes I think about how I could speed that up. 

22 hours ago, nurthur11 said:

It sounds like you have strong feelings about nondualism and spirituality. Every person's journey and understanding of self is unique, and there is no right or wrong way to approach the concept of "no self." Some individuals find solace and clarity in these ideas, while others may find them confusing or unhelpful. It's important to find what resonates with you and what helps you live a fulfilling life.

Not really. I’m just asking for simple practical advice for “no self” and am getting confused by responses about ‘every person’s journey’ and ‘unique understandings’ & what ‘resonates with the self’. I feel like I’m standing at KFC asking for a chicken wing and the employee’s are telling me about how meat farms modify the genetics and about the minutia of the union contracts. It’s like you people answer never reading your own words, or you do and it somehow makes sense to you. More like actuality of gaslighting up in here.  

2 minutes ago, Phil said:

I don’t think people feel bad for me. Seems more like the people in my life appreciate that I’m working myself to death taking care of everything & everyone. When I reincarnate I’m definitely gonna be one of them instead of me. Sometimes I think about how I could speed that up. 

Do you think it would it make you feel better if you thought that people felt sorry for you? Do you think that the oxygen in the room is pissed off with us all for just breathing it like it's always there or something? Do you think the sun is sick of all us freeloaders and thinking about how it could supernova a little faster than normal? 

Youtube Channel  

3 hours ago, Phil said:

Not really. I’m just asking for simple practical advice for “no self” and am getting confused by responses about ‘every person’s journey’ and ‘unique understandings’ & what ‘resonates with the self’. I feel like I’m standing at KFC asking for a chicken wing and the employee’s are telling me about how meat farms modify the genetics and about the minutia of the union contracts. It’s like you people answer never reading your own words, or you do and it somehow makes sense to you. More like actuality of gaslighting up in here.  

Your getting gaslighted by a 2500 old idea :classic_sad:; and yes, I don't always read my own words.

Here is the practical conventional:  Mindfulness meditation (pay attention to the present moment and observe your thoughts and feelings without judgement), Focus on the breath, Practice self-inquiry "Who am I?" and "What is the self?" and let go of any answers that come up. Cultivate feelings of love and kindness towards yourself and others, which can help you let go of a narrow, self-centered perspective. Good luck!

@Phil Can you point to a self? Like literally point with a finger right now. Point to a self.

I assume you pointed somewhere. Next, question along the lines of:

What is that "self" you are pointing at? What is it made of? Why did you point there, rather than let's say a chair or a table? (Assuming you didn't point at a chair or a table 🙂)

What makes self, a self? What does a self have that not-a-self is missing?

Really take a moment to inspect this. It seems like this world is full of selves, right? Each day just goes by and most of it revolves around a self or selves. Isn't it? Isn't this all that's going on day to day? Weird, right? Like, really weird.

There must be an effortless way.

On 2/4/2023 at 9:16 AM, Phil said:

Yeah well my mind apparently didn’t develop like yours. I keep telling you over and over that I can’t comprehend what you’re saying and you just keep saying the same things over and over. You’re basically talking about some metaphysical cycles or something, but to me it feels like you’re stuck in that cycle. When I read about my brain comparing past events to change behaviors honestly I feel like punching somebody in the face. I don’t know what kinetic” vs “potential” and verbiage like that even means. It might not be you though. I’m already pissed about the RATM tour being cancelled and all I keep thinking when I read what you write is ‘fuck you I won’t do what you tell me’. It seems like I’m pissed because of what you’re saying and it also seems like maybe I’m just pissed for no reason. Idk why I’m so angry all the time. 

you speak of mind social protocol; I discuss brain activity navigating being alive as physically displaced occupying space now.  No intellectual planes higher than specifically evolving centered in one's sole being here now aging without exceeding the moment.  Series parallel energy streaming individuals cannot create or destroy the natural balancing sustaining one's time displaced.  The self in self-evident   time being a unique one of a kind specifically ancestrally relative to the whole population adapting in the same space, same time, while geographically here.

You strive for better tomorrows. I want to end the corruption added historically training every great greatgrandchild arriving to believe life isn't limited to adapting to the moment equally displaced as a replacement for one's previous 4 generation DNA donors forming each individuals unique DNA signature in every fiber of their being alive now.

To believe eternity is beyond the moment has everyone thinking their point of origin isn't their fertilized cell.  Doing that every generation historically has context directing content to follow hypothetical scenarios as all anyone needs to know about to save tomorrows children already limited to being born now naturally.  

thinking is kinetic navigating a situation taking place, thoughts are static ideas of remembering  past experiences being told again and again.

Evolving as kinetic changes compounding total sum evolution completed since conceived and everyone arrived from their individual conception sharing space occupying time specifically alive in ancestral order genetically achieved since inception of this species there is no way of putting a calendar date to it.

Intellect compares the whole population against the individual parts within.  Categorizes results as historical details in context of proper grammar and punctuation. 

The point I am making is the topic of "no self" is imagined into social fruition by people that want more out of life than living sustains as genetically present. 

That creates chaos in the natural order of things.  Manmade doubts don't do anyone favors over generations of believing life isn't what it always has been.

On 2/5/2023 at 8:16 AM, Mandy said:

Do you think it would it make you feel better if you thought that people felt sorry for you?

No. 

Do you think that the oxygen in the room is pissed off with us all for just breathing it like it's always there or something?

No. 

Do you think the sun is sick of all us freeloaders and thinking about how it could supernova a little faster than normal? 

No. 

On 2/5/2023 at 12:28 PM, nurthur11 said:

Your getting gaslighted by a 2500 old idea :classic_sad:; and yes, I don't always read my own words.

Here is the practical conventional:  Mindfulness meditation (pay attention to the present moment and observe your thoughts and feelings without judgement), Focus on the breath, Practice self-inquiry "Who am I?" and "What is the self?" and let go of any answers that come up. Cultivate feelings of love and kindness towards yourself and others, which can help you let go of a narrow, self-centered perspective. Good luck!

So you’re saying the “no self “is getting gaslighted, needs to pay attention more, needs to do practices, needs to cultivate and is self-centered??  is it just me or is this the perfect philosophy for how there is a self?? 

21 hours ago, Blessed2 said:

@Phil Can you point to a self? Like literally point with a finger right now. Point to a self.

I assume you pointed somewhere. Next, question along the lines of:

What is that "self" you are pointing at? What is it made of? Why did you point there, rather than let's say a chair or a table? (Assuming you didn't point at a chair or a table 🙂)

What makes self, a self? What does a self have that not-a-self is missing?

Really take a moment to inspect this. It seems like this world is full of selves, right? Each day just goes by and most of it revolves around a self or selves. Isn't it? Isn't this all that's going on day to day? Weird, right? Like, really weird.

Holy crap. Some kind of shift or something happened when I read that. It seemed like my brain turned off for a second. I’m gonna read that again when I get home.

20 hours ago, solereproduction said:

you speak of mind social protocol; I discuss brain activity navigating being alive as physically displaced occupying space now.  No intellectual planes higher than specifically evolving centered in one's sole being here now aging without exceeding the moment.  Series parallel energy streaming individuals cannot create or destroy the natural balancing sustaining one's time displaced.  The self in self-evident   time being a unique one of a kind specifically ancestrally relative to the whole population adapting in the same space, same time, while geographically here.

You strive for better tomorrows. I want to end the corruption added historically training every great greatgrandchild arriving to believe life isn't limited to adapting to the moment equally displaced as a replacement for one's previous 4 generation DNA donors forming each individuals unique DNA signature in every fiber of their being alive now.

To believe eternity is beyond the moment has everyone thinking their point of origin isn't their fertilized cell.  Doing that every generation historically has context directing content to follow hypothetical scenarios as all anyone needs to know about to save tomorrows children already limited to being born now naturally.  

thinking is kinetic navigating a situation taking place, thoughts are static ideas of remembering  past experiences being told again and again.

Evolving as kinetic changes compounding total sum evolution completed since conceived and everyone arrived from their individual conception sharing space occupying time specifically alive in ancestral order genetically achieved since inception of this species there is no way of putting a calendar date to it.

Intellect compares the whole population against the individual parts within.  Categorizes results as historical details in context of proper grammar and punctuation. 

The point I am making is the topic of "no self" is imagined into social fruition by people that want more out of life than living sustains as genetically present. 

That creates chaos in the natural order of things.  Manmade doubts don't do anyone favors over generations of believing life isn't what it always has been.

Is this a reply or a manifesto? No idea how this relates to “no self”. 

8 minutes ago, Phil said:

So you’re saying the “no self “is getting gaslighted, needs to pay attention more, needs to do practices, needs to cultivate and is self-centered??  is it just me or is this the perfect philosophy for how there is a self?? 

There are different ways how you can think about self. One way is to ask if your identity, personality and character is similar with all human beings and the other from the perspective of how you experience or not experience your self to be. Are all humans same to you?

Edited by nurthur11

41 minutes ago, Phil said:

Is this a reply or a manifesto? No idea how this relates to “no self”. 

I don't do a manifesto. I describing genetics evolving as displaced reproduction existing in real time displacement being alive now.  My brain navigates with a sense of proportion since conceived to be me in ever changing form arrived a fertilized cell replacement the people of my previous 4 generationslived as my specific 16 great great grandparents, my specific 8 great grandparents, my specific 4 grandparents, 2 parents, myself and 2 siblings , my siblings giving our parents 8 grandchildren along with my 2.. my simblings grandchildren have children and I only became a grandpa in late 2021.

Life doesn't evolve naturally by clocks and calendars, that is for making reality work in real time by statitially averaged relative time logistics by longitude, latitude, attitude, platitude of how people behave cradle to grave historically sustaining societal evolution through vernacular tribalism.

My honest brain didn't fall prey to power of suggestion.  I retained my sense of proportion beyond 4 years old.  Been hell these 67 years ever since.

I am part of that fabled silent majority not allowed to discuss physical absolutes in any arena of ideas about better tomorrows than genetics sustained so far.

Edited by solereproduction
adding information to clarify more than just a single talking point.

On 2/6/2023 at 1:09 PM, nurthur11 said:

There are different ways how you can think about self. One way is to ask if your identity, personality and character is similar with all human beings and the other from the perspective of how you experience or not experience your self to be. Are all humans same to you?

How’s this relate to “no self”? Seems more like a whole bunch of selves. Is the ‘No self” the one thinking that has an identity? Are humans the “no self”, or is the “no self” the one that experiences the “self” to be, who all humans might be the same too? Idk if I can comprehend all these selves really. 

On 2/6/2023 at 1:40 PM, solereproduction said:

I don't do a manifesto. I describing genetics evolving as displaced reproduction existing in real time displacement being alive now.  My brain navigates with a sense of proportion since conceived to be me in ever changing form arrived a fertilized cell replacement the people of my previous 4 generationslived as my specific 16 great great grandparents, my specific 8 great grandparents, my specific 4 grandparents, 2 parents, myself and 2 siblings , my siblings giving our parents 8 grandchildren along with my 2.. my simblings grandchildren have children and I only became a grandpa in late 2021.

Life doesn't evolve naturally by clocks and calendars, that is for making reality work in real time by statitially averaged relative time logistics by longitude, latitude, attitude, platitude of how people behave cradle to grave historically sustaining societal evolution through vernacular tribalism.

My honest brain didn't fall prey to power of suggestion.  I retained my sense of proportion beyond 4 years old.  Been hell these 67 years ever since.

I am part of that fabled silent majority not allowed to discuss physical absolutes in any arena of ideas about better tomorrows than genetics sustained so far.

What’s genetics have to do with “no self”? 

13 hours ago, sleepy river said:

Is your brain separate from your body? If so, which one is you? 

Is your environment separate from other environments?  Is it only because of walls, which were made and can be unmade by design? 

Is it like this?  Idk, thats what ive got.

The “no self” is the “self” with the brain, body & environment? That doesn’t seem to make any sense.

13 hours ago, sleepy river said:

If you were in an accident and every single one of your organs needed to be  tranplanted, and they could be successfully, from various other bodies, at what point would it stop being your self?...and the surgery is somehow done in a way you can remain conscious the whole time

Huh? Like at what point would I stop being the “self” that was in an accident? I guess like, when the accident ends…? It sounds like what you’re saying is the “no self” is the “self” that might or might not remain conscious? Idk. Very confusing.  

11 hours ago, Phil said:

What’s genetics have to do with “no self”? 

ha ha ha ha ha.

Cannot become a no self intellectually without ignoring your actual ancestral position self.  That is everything about pretending life cannot be what it has always been since added to existing when limited to eternally separated now.