What's With this Law of Attraction stuff?

Aware Wolf

@Adeptus Psychonautica

55 minutes ago, Adeptus Psychonautica said:

Realistically I am talking about A LOT of stuff, across A LOT of posts, and I tend to use blunt and humorous language. Its not meant to convey a sense of the world, its meant to address the topic at hand - that's how conversation works. The example I made of you also tells me nothing about your mother, or your sister, and nor would I expect it to - because stitching together a wall of text taken out of context really will not achieve that in any circumstance.

I actually see this as more of a Rorschach test for you and Phil, because you are looking at some random ink, seeing something that isn't really anything, and projecting your own idea onto what it is. I get you think its insightful, but realistically the insight is more for how you feel about me - and sure its no doubt ticking some boxes for you because of the language I use (reflection of the author), but try not to get too carried away with it. You guys use the word "projection" A LOT... you might want to have a bit of a think about that one...

Regardless you are welcome to believe what you want, but reality will always trump new-age bullshit, and hey if you are ever in Switzerland then feel free to drop me a message and you can witness for yourself see the ugly dark brooding hell in which I suffer due to my lack of belief in LoA 🙂

You are not conveying your sense of something of the world when you talk about a topic? Of course you are.

Exactly, it tells you nothing about my family, just about my thoughts about them. I will forever believe my mother is a bad mother (to use my own example) until i question it one way or the other, or drop it. Otherwise it will continue to be like that for me, and it will most likely feel very bad. But is it the whole truth? I know its not, thats why i look into whatever i carry around.

I don't use the word projection a lot.. i would say rarely, but i could use it about my own journal as well, thats the point of it.. the seeing. 

I really don't feel negative towards you at all or have a bad impression, no insight towards that. I am certain we would get along very fine IRL and that you are a nice guy. To say again, it's an insight into what you have going on and how you view stuff.. that's just what it is, and you are showcasing it full on which is great.

Comparing with my journal, that might also give you a sense of what its like for me sometimes, but not of the actual world out there. And i am trying to become free of it, while you are so damn sure about things 🙂

"but reality will always trump new-age bullshit" you keep giving. And i don't think you live in dark brooding hell, quite the opposite. You seem to have a nice passionate life.

I will remember that! Will write you if i'm in Switzerland, sounds cool. 

And i am not a die hard LoA guy. I just came up with my perspective to the thread that i experience clear correlation between my inside/outside experience. 

Edited by WhiteOwl

1 hour ago, WhiteOwl said:

You are not conveying your sense of something of the world when you talk about a topic? Of course you are.

It depends on how you are defining "your sense of something of the world", but as a short answer in the practical context I would say no, I'm not.

If I take a stinky shit, and I comment that I did a stinky shit, in a conversation about stinky shits then all that conveys is my thoughts about that particular shit. Now if you want to go and amalgamate all my comments about stinky shit into the stinky shit wall of text and declare that it provides some kind of amazing insight - you go for it dude, but I honestly don't think its quite the mic drop you are imagining 🤷‍♂️

My YouTube channel - Adeptus Psychonautica

7 hours ago, Adeptus Psychonautica said:

Drop me an email at AdeptusPsychonautica@gmail.com and we can work out the details.

Will do & thanks again, I appreciate the offer. 

An fyi for everyone, the guidelines have been updated…

With Respect To The Expression Journals Section:
Expression of all emotions is encouraged. 
Expression of emotions, with the addition of specific names, and or the inclusion of any threats of acts of violence, be it emotionally, physically, socially, financially or otherwise, is prohibited. 

Please respect the intimacy of journal expression; copying & pasting from anyone’s journal into another thread is prohibited. 

Alright.

6 hours ago, Adeptus Psychonautica said:

Clearly not, but honestly its a very useful thing to have, particularly when it comes to integrating experiences and making decisions that will have a positive effect on ones life. If you take everything on face value then you end up with the Leo Guras and Connor Murphys of the world. 

Yeah I know what you mean, I used to believe that for like a long time. I really used to pride myself as intelligent, critical, philosophical and rational. Read a ton of philosophy, studied multiple courses. Never took anything with face value. Still got washed away with toxic ideology and beliefs. After some time and hard experiences I realized what was wrong. Unchecked beliefs, misunderstanding emotions, pride, poor self-esteem etc.

Eventually it was realized quite in-depth what ideology, belief systems, and even rationality, logic etc. really are. Which I pointed to with the "Emotion is far superior to rational thought. Feeling includes rational thought, though goes far beyond it." But you didn't seem to be interested in that at all.

If you're interested in why I say feeling is superior, try the emotional scale. If you do that, I dare to claim you will eventually also understand exactly what this LOA stuff is about.

There must be an effortless way.

@WhiteOwl and @Adeptus Psychonautica

Serious here. Not trolling. I see multiple references to a Phil post that is described as brilliant (or not) or "greatest hits". I don't know which post you're talking about. Give me a link or a hint here.  Thank you. 

Also, cool that you guys might chat online. 

** UPDATE Found it! Page 6 near bottom , this thread. 

Edited by Aware Wolf

“If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.” ― The Buddha

In cults, when a person brings up concerns and/or inconvenient facts, often the response is something like:

The person complaining is the blame. In NXIVM they are at cause. If you're voicing a concern about something -- see how you're manifesting it. Or it's your karma that it's an issue with you. At Tushita Center, a Buddha dharma center in India, they said the reason why some nuns were bitten by monkeys (and some nuns not) was because of their monkey karma. 

Or if it's guru word-salad, or simply bullshit -- the person pointing this out isn't at a high enough level to judge. Only an arahant can judge another arahant. 

Common is to denigrate logic and reasoning. You're thinking with your head, instead think with the heart. Maybe instead of instigating a financial audit of the guru's exorbitant travel expenses, you should pray about it. What does your heart say about gifts to the guru? Give up "facts" and come to guru - bliss! 

I see this pattern with many posts vs. @Adeptus Psychonautica

This thread is ostensibly about Law of Attraction. Not Adeptus projecting or being so base he can't grasp the spiritual truth of LoA. 

“If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.” ― The Buddha

21 minutes ago, Aware Wolf said:

In cults, when a person brings up concerns and/or inconvenient facts, often the response is something like:

I don't see why you keep bringing that up.. everyone is free to be here whatever they believe. It's not a cult just because it has to do with spirituality lol. We were talking about if and how people validate creating their reality (LoA), and some people didn't like to hear that and think everyone believing/experiencing it is a nutcase. 

@PhilGood to change guidelines. Also it very much verified me in why i prefer to stay anonymous, which is totally fine. Don't what your whole psychiatrist script linked or posted to your person 😁

On 5/27/2022 at 9:29 PM, Aware Wolf said:

Sam Harris says we should want our beliefs to be true and that basically the closer our beliefs map onto Reality, the less we'll be bumping into hard objects. We should constantly be checking for new evidence and better arguments. Harris says one of the best ways to do this is by having conversations with other people. We have to be open to others pointing out errors and Harris emphasizes we have to be open to the idea we could be wrong and that we're likely to be wrong a lot of the time

Why do any of that really?

Are we not already complete? How much more do we need to check for evidence, to change, to better ourselves, to be more intelligent and pure to live the good life?

That is an endless ratrace. LOA, (I prefer the word "alignment") is more simply allowing yourself to feel whole. Feel who we really are.

From the wider perspective, life is not a school, a workplace, a spiritual challenge, a moral test, or a hunger game. Life is magic, it's creation, it's paradise, it's playfulness. Creator-creating-creation. Ime, LOA is a great way to get on the track, to feel God.

There must be an effortless way.

@Mandy mentioned what some people think about Law of Attraction. I thought I’d collect some parts. I also include besides desire, which is a big part of LoA, also intelligence, logic, reasoning and it’s purported role in liberation. 

What does Rupert Spira think of Law of Attraction? We have a video on YouTube where Rupert talks about LoA. He says LoA is not part of his teaching, nor is it part of nonduality. He finds a way to include LoA but this seems to me a polite way of engaging the questioner. 

He mentions LoA was only because he’s friends with Rhonda Byrne (author of The Secret!) – and that she’s moved on from Law of Attraction. Huh. Interesting. One of the biggest proponents of Law of Attraction has moved on from it, according to Rupert. 

“The Law of Attraction never really attracted me as an idea” – Rupert Spira. 

From the Dalai Lama:

“You won’t achieve your goals just by reciting mantras,” he said, “it’s only by revealing reality that the Buddhas indicate the way to liberation. We have 100 volumes of the Kangyur and 220 volumes of the Tengyur; these are texts to study. The aim of the teaching is that we transform ourselves within. This requires study and means we have to use our intelligence.”

From the Buddha’s Key Sutta on Dependent Origination:

Things happen because of causes and conditions. 

When there is this, that is. 

With the arising of this, that arises. 

When this is not, neither is that. 

With the cessation of this, that ceases.

In another sutta, the Buddha said:

Householder, these five things that are likable, desirable, and agreeable 

are hard to get in the world. 

What five? 

Long life, beauty, happiness, fame, and heaven. 

These are the five things that are likable, desirable, and agreeable, 

but hard to get in the world.

And I say that these five things are not got by praying or wishing for them. 

If they were, who would lack them

-- The Buddha 

AN 5.43: Iṭṭhasutta—Bhikkhu Sujato

From Tenzin Palmo, a well known Buddhist nun told me:

Even if Law of Attraction works, you’re still stuck in the world of samsara. 

If you want a chicken to be a duck, 

and a duck to be a chicken, 

you will suffer.

-- Ajahn Chah

Advaita Vedanta

How does one handle desire? There’s the desire for moksha (liberation) and there’s desires for new cars, money, and a hot girlfriend. Most religions, not just Advaita Vedanta, try to make people wary of sensual desires. Many religions have a renunciant path. Advaita Vedanta see the root problem as ignorance and teachings and education that remove this ignorance as leading to liberation. 

Stoicism

“The faculty of desire purports to aim at securing what you want…If you fail in your desire, you are unfortunate, if you experience what you would rather avoid you are unhappy…For desire, suspend it completely for now. Because if you desire something outside your control, you are bound to be disappointed; and even things we do control, which under other circumstances would be deserving of our desire, are not yet within our power to attain. Restrict yourself to choice and refusal; and exercise them carefully, within discipline and detachment.”

—Epictetus

From Science or Psychology – any support for Law of Attraction?

Nope. They hate it. It’s referred to as “pseudo-science”

Now I’m going to switch gears. Are there any cases where practicing Law of Attraction would be beneficial? 

I think certainly. Also we have to be clear, there’s different interpretations of LoA as shown in this thread. 

If you believe you will be successful in that job interview, or pickup at a gym, or selling your company’s product – this positive attitude and confidence can surely help. 

If you have a desire to be brave – and you challenge yourself here – and try to be brave – voila – you’re liable to have success. If you want love, or if you value love, and try to be kind, compassionate, loving person, you’re liable to find love is in your life. It may not attract a soulmate – but you’re liable to find that’s only a small subset of what love is or can be. If being a person of integrity is important to you, and you practice this – again, voila, you’re liable to be a person of integrity. 

I heard a saying, Let go and Let God! Assume you’ve done everything you can for your small business from a causes and conditions point of view. Instead of worrying about it and raising your stress, you leave it to God. Or the Universe as in LoA. This could be beneficial. Although there's different perspectives here too, and one could take a stoic perspective and just let go of things outside of your control. 

Although there's downsides for LoA in business. In a small business I was employed at once, the President of the company said, if we believe we can sell these computers -- we can sell them. We had some company meeting that were like pep rallies. If you can't get onboard with the team, they said, maybe you should find another team. Some people did. 

Now on the surface, we were buying computer parts at VAR pricing, putting them together, and trying to sell at a profit to VARS (value added resellers). How can this possibly work? You can believe whatever you want to believe -- but VARs aren't stupid and they know the cost of our computer is more than double what they can build one for. Few people purchased it. Mass company layoffs and eventually the company got bought out. I remember sitting with other lower deck employees and one of them saying, "There's no way the leaders of this company could be this stupid, could they?" -- and whenever this is asked 99% of the time, the answer is yes they really can be this stupid. 

1 hour ago, Aware Wolf said:

Conversations about cults, facts being true or not, or convenient or not are fine, but this forum is about self-realization.

The person complaining is the blame.

Blame isn’t a person, it’s an emotion (vibration). This is a step towards self-realization as it is a step away from identifying as a separate self via thought attachment, and therein believing there are separate selves. 

In NXIVM they are at cause. If you're voicing a concern about something -- see how you're manifesting it.

Voicing concerns is fine, but Self-realization isn’t about a you and an it, but the truth / non-duality. 

Or it's your karma that it's an issue with you. 

At Tushita Center, a Buddha dharma center in India, they said the reason why some nuns were bitten by monkeys (and some nuns not) was because of their monkey karma. Or if it's guru word-salad, or simply bullshit -- the person pointing this out isn't at a high enough level to judge. Only an arahant can judge another arahant. 

Common is to denigrate logic and reasoning. You're thinking with your head, instead think with the heart. Maybe instead of instigating a financial audit of the guru's exorbitant travel expenses, you should pray about it. What does your heart say about gifts to the guru? Give up "facts" and come to guru - bliss! 

I see this pattern with many posts vs. @Adeptus Psychonautica

This thread is ostensibly about Law of Attraction. Not Adeptus projecting or being so base he can't grasp the spiritual truth of LoA. 

24 minutes ago, Aware Wolf said:

@Mandy mentioned what some people think about Law of Attraction. I thought I’d collect some parts. I also include besides desire, which is a big part of LoA, also intelligence, logic, reasoning and it’s purported role in liberation. 

What does Rupert Spira think of Law of Attraction? We have a video on YouTube where Rupert talks about LoA. He says LoA is not part of his teaching, nor is it part of nonduality. He finds a way to include LoA but this seems to me a polite way of engaging the questioner. 

He mentions LoA was only because he’s friends with Rhonda Byrne (author of The Secret!) – and that she’s moved on from Law of Attraction. Huh. Interesting. One of the biggest proponents of Law of Attraction has moved on from it, according to Rupert. 

“The Law of Attraction never really attracted me as an idea” – Rupert Spira. 

From the Dalai Lama:

“You won’t achieve your goals just by reciting mantras,” he said, “it’s only by revealing reality that the Buddhas indicate the way to liberation. We have 100 volumes of the Kangyur and 220 volumes of the Tengyur; these are texts to study. The aim of the teaching is that we transform ourselves within. This requires study and means we have to use our intelligence.”

From the Buddha’s Key Sutta on Dependent Origination:

Things happen because of causes and conditions. 

When there is this, that is. 

With the arising of this, that arises. 

When this is not, neither is that. 

With the cessation of this, that ceases.

In another sutta, the Buddha said:

Householder, these five things that are likable, desirable, and agreeable 

are hard to get in the world. 

What five? 

Long life, beauty, happiness, fame, and heaven. 

These are the five things that are likable, desirable, and agreeable, 

but hard to get in the world.

And I say that these five things are not got by praying or wishing for them. 

If they were, who would lack them

-- The Buddha 

AN 5.43: Iṭṭhasutta—Bhikkhu Sujato

From Tenzin Palmo, a well known Buddhist nun told me:

Even if Law of Attraction works, you’re still stuck in the world of samsara. 

If you want a chicken to be a duck, 

and a duck to be a chicken, 

you will suffer.

-- Ajahn Chah

Advaita Vedanta

How does one handle desire? There’s the desire for moksha (liberation) and there’s desires for new cars, money, and a hot girlfriend. Most religions, not just Advaita Vedanta, try to make people wary of sensual desires. Many religions have a renunciant path. Advaita Vedanta see the root problem as ignorance and teachings and education that remove this ignorance as leading to liberation. 

Stoicism

“The faculty of desire purports to aim at securing what you want…If you fail in your desire, you are unfortunate, if you experience what you would rather avoid you are unhappy…For desire, suspend it completely for now. Because if you desire something outside your control, you are bound to be disappointed; and even things we do control, which under other circumstances would be deserving of our desire, are not yet within our power to attain. Restrict yourself to choice and refusal; and exercise them carefully, within discipline and detachment.”

—Epictetus

From Science or Psychology – any support for Law of Attraction?

Nope. They hate it. It’s referred to as “pseudo-science”

Now I’m going to switch gears. Are there any cases where practicing Law of Attraction would be beneficial? 

I think certainly. Also we have to be clear, there’s different interpretations of LoA as shown in this thread. 

If you believe you will be successful in that job interview, or pickup at a gym, or selling your company’s product – this positive attitude and confidence can surely help. 

If you have a desire to be brave – and you challenge yourself here – and try to be brave – voila – you’re liable to have success. If you want love, or if you value love, and try to be kind, compassionate, loving person, you’re liable to find love is in your life. It may not attract a soulmate – but you’re liable to find that’s only a small subset of what love is or can be. If being a person of integrity is important to you, and you practice this – again, voila, you’re liable to be a person of integrity. 

I heard a saying, Let go and Let God! Assume you’ve done everything you can for your small business from a causes and conditions point of view. Instead of worrying about it and raising your stress, you leave it to God. Or the Universe as in LoA. This could be beneficial. Although there's different perspectives here too, and one could take a stoic perspective and just let go of things outside of your control. 

Although there's downsides for LoA in business. In a small business I was employed at once, the President of the company said, if we believe we can sell these computers -- we can sell them. We had some company meeting that were like pep rallies. If you can't get onboard with the team, they said, maybe you should find another team. Some people did. 

Now on the surface, we were buying computer parts at VAR pricing, putting them together, and trying to sell at a profit to VARS (value added resellers). How can this possibly work? You can believe whatever you want to believe -- but VARs aren't stupid and they know the cost of our computer is more than double what they can build one for. Few people purchased it. Mass company layoffs and eventually the company got bought out. I remember sitting with other lower deck employees and one of them saying, "There's no way the leaders of this company could be this stupid, could they?" -- and whenever this is asked 99% of the time, the answer is yes they really can be this stupid. 

Self-realization isn’t about karma, judgement, Buddhism, dharma centers, denigrating, levels, facts, giving up facts, praying, gifts, teachers, videos, non-intelligence, using your intelligence, a loving person, love in your life, liable, stoicism, selling anything, believing anything or who is or isn’t stupid. Loa helps reveal to one, what one is focusing upon & therein, creating. 

@WhiteOwl

Thanks, and sorry about that. 

2 minutes ago, Phil said:

Conversations about cults, facts being true or not, or convenient or not are fine, but this forum is about self-realization.

Blame isn’t a person, it’s an emotion. This is a step towards self-realization as it is a step away from identifying as a separate self via thought attachment, and therein believing there are separate selves. 

Voicing concerns is fine, but Self-realization isn’t about a you and an it, but the truth / non-duality. 

Self-realization isn’t about karma, judgement, Buddhism, dharma centers, denigrating, levels, facts, giving up facts, praying, gifts, teachers, videos, non-intelligence, using your intelligence, a loving person, love in your life, liable, stoicism, selling anything, believing anything or who is or isn’t stupid. Loa helps reveal to one, what one is focusing upon. 

I don't think I ever say self realization are these things. That's not my point. I'm addressing LoA, or I thought I was. 

I bring up karma and praying for example, because these are theories on why things manifest. Since this is LoA thread , it's apropos. 

I bring up using your intelligence, because, as I wrote, this is the perspective Advaita Vedanta takes for realizing moksha. this is in response to all the LoA who don't think logic, reasoning, and intelligence is of much use on the Path. In Advaita Vedanta, it's in fact key. To be clear I am not saying that it's required as the only path, instead I'm giving different perspectives. Of which LoA is one. It's just a perspective. It's a bit different because LoA claims to have a magical real world effect. Our desires, wishes, work upon some vortex and it manifests. wishful thinking. magical thinking. 

The Law of Attraction isn't a law -- it's just a point of view. It's just a perspective. That sounds harsh, but that's the way it is. 

"Loa helps reveal to one, what one is focusing upon. " -- I agree this can be useful. But we don't even have to call it LoA. We could call it reflection or practicing insight. What then when we realize we're focusing on a sensual desire? Where do we go to from there? Do we make a vision board for three somes and blowies? Is that the limit to our spiritual quest? If someone indeed gets the threesomes of their dreams -- bully for them. But can I do it and will it work for me? It's a law, right, an immutable law? The fact is, some people do indeed get what they desire. Many don't. As @Adeptus Psychonauticapointed out, there's been many parents of sick children who earnestly and sincerely wished their child to be healthy and instead their child got sicker and died. The LoA makes a claim that it can't back up. I've challenged people here to test it, you have a YouTube channel, manifest a big increase in subscriber account and let's see what happens in the next month. You decide though. Instead, when the challenge is offered, there's only ancedotal evidence offered, or that intelligence, logic, and reasoning isn't all that it's cracked up to be, and the only way to realize the truth of loa is to experience it for yourself. Weak. As I've countered elsewhere. It wont work for me because deep down I don't want it to work -- which is evidence of LoA working ! 

Anddddd after the threesome, there's possibly a letdown. The post orgasm bliss doesn't last forever. The Buddha left his home after a big party. Can wisely looking at desires be beneficial? Sure. But is that really what the LoA is about ?? And even if your sensual desires are somehow fulfilled (lucky you!) -- you're still stuck. Look at all the rock stars who killed themselves at a young age while appearing to have everything. 

@Aware Wolf Even if he had a big increase in followers, you still wouldn't see it as evidence, obviously. Go look yourself, that's the only thing that will give you an answer you can trust. Remember that all the people you mention and their sutras are just humans like you and me, they didn't need a teacher to tell them how things are, they looked themselves. You don't need any authority to teach you about reality or the truth, you are right in it to discover for yourself (can be helpful with guidance but you have to do the walk yourself).

Getting the perfect house, winning the lottery, having 100k followers on yt.. i don't think that is what creation is about. Maybe for some people, but we are all different and want different things, and i think its about finding out what that is for you. You might be deluding yourself to believe you need the perfect house or some followers to be happy, that wont help you creating it.

Edited by WhiteOwl

18 hours ago, Aware Wolf said:

I don't think I ever say self realization are these things. That's not my point. I'm addressing LoA, or I thought I was. 

I bring up karma and praying for example, because these are theories on why things manifest. Since this is LoA thread , it's apropos. 

Yes, conversationally, totally understandable and perfectly fine.

It seems apropos only when believed to be a theory… a theory on why things manifest. 

Loa is far more simple. It’s about you writing what you want. 

Conversationally conceptualizing loa is fine, but the conceptualizing of loa isn’t the direct experience of loa. 

The direct experience is also far more simple. It’s (in a nutshell) creating a dreamboard and using the emotional scale. 

I bring up using your intelligence, because, as I wrote, this is the perspective Advaita Vedanta takes for realizing moksha. this is in response to all the LoA who don't think logic, reasoning, and intelligence is of much use on the Path. In Advaita Vedanta, it's in fact key. To be clear I am not saying that it's required as the only path, instead I'm giving different perspectives. Of which LoA is one. It's just a perspective. It's a bit different because LoA claims to have a magical real world effect. Our desires, wishes, work upon some vortex and it manifests. wishful thinking. magical thinking. 

Projection is being pointed out because projection is occurring. Loa isn’t a thing which makes claims. This is a projection, onto, loa. 

The Law of Attraction isn't a law -- it's just a point of view. It's just a perspective. That sounds harsh, but that's the way it is. 

This is a conceptualization & projection of loa. If ‘that sounds harsh’, loa would be inspecting - to whom? Well, to the one saying it.  

Why does saying loa isn’t a law seem harsh, to you? 

Who is it that knows - ‘that’s the way it is’? 

What’s ‘it’?

Is it possible that is what’s currently believed… and the direct experience, the engagement of, might reveal other than?

There is only the one way to find out. 

"Loa helps reveal to one, what one is focusing upon. " -- I agree this can be useful. But we don't even have to call it LoA. We could call it reflection or practicing insight.

That’s the immutable aspect or factor. Loa can be called anything, and it’s still loa. It doesn’t change loa, the (potential) direct experience of loa just remains conceptualized. 

What then when we realize we're focusing on a sensual desire? Where do we go to from there? Do we make a vision board for three somes and blowies? Is that the limit to our spiritual quest? If someone indeed gets the threesomes of their dreams -- bully for them. But can I do it and will it work for me? It's a law, right, an immutable law?

The projection of loa is in the ‘we realize’, ‘we’re focusing’, ‘where do we go’, ‘do we make’, ‘our spiritual quest’, ‘if someone’, ‘bully for them’. 

Conversationally, obviously, this is fine… but when this is said about loa, loa is already missed.  

The fact is, some people do indeed get what they desire. Many don't. As @Adeptus Psychonauticapointed out, there's been many parents of sick children who earnestly and sincerely wished their child to be healthy and instead their child got sicker and died. The LoA makes a claim that it can't back up. I've challenged people here to test it, you have a YouTube channel, manifest a big increase in subscriber account and let's see what happens in the next month. You decide though. Instead, when the challenge is offered, there's only ancedotal evidence offered, or that intelligence, logic, and reasoning isn't all that it's cracked up to be, and the only way to realize the truth of loa is to experience it for yourself. Weak. As I've countered elsewhere. It wont work for me because deep down I don't want it to work -- which is evidence of LoA working ! 

Conversationally, sure, yes, discuss facts. 🙂 

Loa is creating a dreamboard and writing what you want on it. Again, simple (without conceptualizing). 

Anddddd after the threesome, there's possibly a letdown. The post orgasm bliss doesn't last forever. The Buddha left his home after a big party. Can wisely looking at desires be beneficial? Sure. But is that really what the LoA is about ??

No, (very funny though), it isn’t. It’s about you making a dreamboard. One could write ‘enlightenment’, and all could write ‘world peace’. 

And even if your sensual desires are somehow fulfilled (lucky you!) -- you're still stuck. Look at all the rock stars who killed themselves at a young age while appearing to have everything. 

“Luck” is like “facts”. You aren’t attracting for anyone else, and you don’t know what anyone else is actually thinking, therein loa isn’t about the conceptualizing, or the comparative thinking (it’s about you!).  One could write ‘enlightenment’, ‘world peace’ & ‘threesome’. 

6 hours ago, Phil said:

That’s one way to take it. I wonder if there are other ways. I mean, after all, we are talking about what you want & the end of suffering here.  😉 

I hope you can decrease your suffering because I seem to fail for myself. Loa is simple and it works, it always worked - it worked on me when I didn't know its called Loa. Though I would be curious if there is a way on how to change what I want. Any tips from the self help nerds here 😛 ?

Edited by nurthur11