Homeless people

Kevin

26 minutes ago, Phil said:

The minor fall to the major lift…

The hook brings you back,

on that you can rely. 

Well done, sir.... well done. 

You've said nothing so far, and you can keep it up for as long as it takes. 

10 minutes ago, Reborn2 said:

I agree it feels good, if only there was a way to ensure they won't buy any bullshit with those 50 bucks, but stuff that's actually good for them. It would then feel much better

Here's an argument for the other side of the coin; by being more selfish and making more money for yourself and keeping that money and property for yourself, you have a lot more to give to other people, you also have a lot more money that a potentially fictional, well functioning and ethically/morally consistent goverment could tax, and such fictional goverment would be a lot more capable than you are in dealing with homelesness. Effective resource allocation. Therefore, maybe those 50 bucks would be better spent by such goverment than giving it to Bob who's gonna spend it on bunch of beers and a pack of smokes to cope with his life

Who gives a shit what they spend it on.  If its a gift that come with conditions it's not a gift.  

2 minutes ago, Blessed2 said:

If you want to make a drug addict happy, give them some money to buy drugs. 😁

And if you want to make a capitalist happy, give them a job. 

(Obv there's no drug addicts or capitalists)

Edited by Jonas Long

7 minutes ago, Jonas Long said:

And if you want to make a capitalist happy, give them a job. 

If you want to make a homeless person unhappy, try giving them a job. 

We're having a hard time hiring, so whenever I see someone panhandling while driving in my company truck - I give them water and offer for them to come earn some money. I've never had one person accept it. They usually laugh at the prospect. They aren't interested in earning it. They want it given. 

5 minutes ago, A Tim said:

If you want to make a homeless person unhappy, try giving them a job. 

We're having a hard time hiring, so whenever I see someone panhandling while driving in my company truck - I give them water and offer for them to come earn some money. I've never had one person accept it. They usually laugh at the prospect. They aren't interested in earning it. They want it given. 

yeah, well, again, mental illness.  Or assuming you are luring them into your van to rape and kill them, which is actually a reasonable assumption on their part seeing as how exactly that happens quite regularly. 

What kind of work are you offering them?