Homeless people

Kevin

2 minutes ago, Mandy said:

@Jonas Long Yeah, I see your point, but what if it's not either/or? What if you're so powerful that in giving power in thought to someone else, you actually make it seem as if they have your power?

It's written by Viktor Frankl, a Nazi concentration camp survivor. 

I don't think it's either/or, but I don't know how to parse it really...there's systemic "power" and personal power, and it gets too tricky for me to say it's all in someone's personal power to overcome their systemic oppression.  I haven't read that book to be fair.  

@Jonas Long

You’re really hitting on a deep deep ‘nerve’ and starkness of the truth imo. As in, just how anew is This nowness really?

Does any past / conditioning / experience actually dictate any now, any interpretation?

Get what I’m sayin?

Like if you say emotion is how thoughts feel, and is inherent not-of-this-world guidance… and someone says there is OCD, CPTSD, mental illness (as examples)… what can you say really?

Whether interpretation is dualistic, or even favorable to the one aware of interpretations… ’they’ are the creator of their reality, isn’t it?

I think that "personal power" is nonexistent and it's met with guidance (guilt, unworthiness etc ). It's then projected as in "being the victim of the system".

So there is neither personal nor systemic power.

'Victim mentality' is just a continuation / build-up to discordant belief of personal power.

There must be an effortless way.

7 minutes ago, Jonas Long said:

@Phil and @Mandy

I don't feel comfortable stating that there aren't victims of systemic oppression beyond a person's control.  Maybe in some pure interpretation or understanding this is somehow the case, I don't know truthfully, but I don't feel right venturing into statements like this.

A statement is like a snapshot image, to mistake it for the living actuality would be silly. You may have a picture of your baby on your wall, but you don't bathe and feed the baby's portrait, you bathe and feed the actual kid. 

What if in our belief in powerlessness and people who are in that situation, we don't actually interact with them in any way of assisting them, but simply have decided that we are in support of them.  

Youtube Channel  

3 minutes ago, Mandy said:

What if in our belief in powerlessness and people who are in that situation, we don't actually interact with them in any way of assisting them, but simply have decided that we are in support of them.  

Wouldn't you be even less inclined to help if your assumption was everything is in their own power so you don't need to do anything?

@Jonas Long  Well, to get $50 out of Kevin, you gotta be honest and ask for a couple bucks for your beer. LOA is the same way. It wants to make you happy, but it doesn't respond to desperation. Just like if your partner is acting like his needs aren't met, and starts making it into a whole thing and telling you how miserable he is and how you are meeting them, you're much less inclined to sleep with him than if he was appreciative and already satisfied with life. People want to give because it feels good, that's the premise of the thread. Fixing what's broken doesn't feel good, because it's never vibrationally, actually the case. Even if that's how it appears. 

Youtube Channel  

35 minutes ago, Jonas Long said:

@Phil and @Mandy

I don't feel comfortable stating that there aren't victims of systemic oppression beyond a person's control.  Maybe in some pure interpretation or understanding this is somehow the case, I don't know truthfully, but I don't feel right venturing into statements like this.

Isn’t assertion the interpretation added, and therein it’s a matter of without that interpretation, or, the absence of (uncomfortable) discordant interpretation…?

Willing to note what emotion ‘don’t feel comfortable is’…?

In either case, see what I’m sayin?

How are understanding, knowing and feeling right not ‘getting in the way’?

4 minutes ago, Phil said:

Isn’t assertion the interpretation added, and therein it’s a matter of without that interpretation, or, the absence of (uncomfortable) discordant interpretation…?

Willing to note what emotion ‘don’t feel comfortable is’…?

In either case, see what I’m sayin?

The emotion of "don't feel comfortable" is discomfort, I thought that was obvious.  Anyway, I'm sure whatever you're saying is right, I just can't follow it right now. 

1 minute ago, Jonas Long said:

The emotion of "don't feel comfortable" is discomfort, I thought that was obvious.  Anyway, I'm sure whatever you're saying is right, I just can't follow it right now. 

Can't or don't want to? 

Youtube Channel  

2 minutes ago, Jonas Long said:

I don't want to go down the rabbit hole of homeless people being too desperate to be sexy enough to sleep with or give 50$ to right now. 

Well, you're the one who Alice in Wonderlanded the fuck out of all that, but blame it on me. 😂

Youtube Channel  

Lmao am I the only person who actually has no problem wanting to sleep with homeless men?

I actually dated a homeless man for 4 years.

Hmm. I never thought he wasn't sexy. Homeless can be sexy too.

So basically I'm an autistic INFJ BPD sigma Pisces female with anger and CPTSD issues. Wow wow. 

My plate looks full. I Couldn't have been weirder than that. Now I get why I'm so idiosyncratic. 

23 minutes ago, Jonas Long said:

We could (if interested, and there’s that willingness “piece” again) probe,  as to discomfort being localized pain or on behalf of someone... in comparison to emotion (guidance). More so, that we can’t is again the nature of the situation and utterly revealing (potentially at the least) of the truth of assertion. Alas of course, digressing, but this is the two cents (fifty bucks / perhaps a sound night of sleep). 🙏🏼 

He was homeless because of a medical condition and mental illness. He had no help and I used to help him sometimes. He was desperate and couldn't work because of his illness. It's kinda low to judge them. Most homeless people are nice and loving and live in desperate situations with nobody to help them. It's not about victim mentality. More like they need a leg up and the system fails them quite badly. With my ex, he went through many hardships and we both went through it together so he that could get a place to live and consistent food. But the system was always against him. They won't even give him his meds. Social services never checked on him. It's all a big pile of BS. He was even calling churches. I used to call churches for him. Nothing. In that sense society is brutal. People who live comfy cannot comprehend the struggles of homeless people and so it's best to not judge.

So basically I'm an autistic INFJ BPD sigma Pisces female with anger and CPTSD issues. Wow wow. 

My plate looks full. I Couldn't have been weirder than that. Now I get why I'm so idiosyncratic.