Homeless people

Kevin

4 minutes ago, A Tim said:

Honest, unskilled work doing similar work to landscaping.

Try doing your job after a week of barely eating, sleeping outside, living with whatever conditions they've been living with.  

And keep in mind you are a target demographic for serial killers and sexual assaulters, with vans often.  Ever seen American psycho? 

Edited by Jonas Long

1 minute ago, Jonas Long said:

Try doing your job after a week of barely eating, sleeping outside, living with whatever conditions they've been living with. 

"There's always an excuse when you need one. 

There's always an excuse when you need oooone...

ooooooone. Alwaaaaaaays."

Regardless, I'm offering them some kind of income for some kind of effort. A hand extended... and they appear to prefer to return to/continue "barely eating, sleeping outside, living with whatever conditions they've been living with." 

1 hour ago, Reborn2 said:

I agree it feels good, if only there was a way to ensure they won't buy any bullshit with those 50 bucks, but stuff that's actually good for them. It would then feel much better

Here's an argument for the other side of the coin; by being more selfish and making more money for yourself and keeping that money and property for yourself, you have a lot more to give to other people, you also have a lot more money that a potentially fictional, well functioning and ethically/morally consistent goverment could tax, and such fictional goverment would be a lot more capable than you are in dealing with homelesness. Effective resource allocation. Therefore, maybe those 50 bucks would be better spent by such goverment than giving it to Bob who's gonna spend it on bunch of beers and a pack of smokes to cope with his life

Yeah idk I just did it because it felt good and it felt right. I don’t care what he used it for, he could have bought heroin and I wouldn’t care. I just saw he was going through it and he seemed really sad and his genuineness came through. 

And I guess it was cool to see how appreciative he was for something like 50 bucks which I take for granted.

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Jonas Long said:

And keep in mind you are a target demographic for serial killers and sexual assaulters, with vans often.  Ever seen American psycho? 

American psycho is fiction.

Edited by Kevin
To be more respectful

2 minutes ago, Kevin said:

Lol American psycho is fiction. It’s not a documentary😂

That trope appears in fiction because it happens in life "lol".  Unhoused people and sex workers are common targets because their misfortunes are not investigated well. 

Edited by Jonas Long

8 minutes ago, Jonas Long said:

I don't want to?  

Where are you going with this?  Let's try directness. 

Not in a playful mood at all today, huh? 

We don't make mistakes. We are not mistakes because this is art, it's always now, and now is a blank canvas. There is no one to blame for any of it. In blaming them, you give them the illusion of power that they have also bought into. Use the power of illusion, not the illusion of power. The victim uses the illusion of power the same way the abuser or perpetrator does. 

Because they have that in common, the fundamental use of the illusion of power, they attract one another. That is the power of the illusion. 

Youtube Channel  

At the end of the day I think everyone is truly responsible for themselves. Yes some people have it easier and others have it harder. Donald trumps “small loan of a million dollars” certainly made his life easier than someone growing up with poor abusive parents.

However, focusing on this is simply unproductive and unhelpful and feeds a victim mindset. My dad grew up dirt poor in an abusive environment. As far as I know he never dwelled on his victim hood. If he did he wouldn’t have made something of himself.

The homelessness situation is tough because there are certain people who, with a little help, would turn their life around. Others cannot be helped because they don’t want to be helped.

when I was smoking crack I had all the resources in the world to quit. I even went to rehab. But nothing would make me quit until I was ready to quit.

18 minutes ago, A Tim said:

"There's always an excuse when you need one. 

There's always an excuse when you need oooone...

ooooooone. Alwaaaaaaays."

Regardless, I'm offering them some kind of income for some kind of effort. A hand extended... and they appear to prefer to return to/continue "barely eating, sleeping outside, living with whatever conditions they've been living with." 

I'm just saying, there's no fucking way I'm getting in your van, I don't care how desperate I am.  I don't know what your agenda is, I'll take what I already have and know, even if it sucks. 

37 minutes ago, Kevin said:

Yeah idk I just did it because it felt good and it felt right. I don’t care what he used it for, he could have bought heroin and I wouldn’t care. I just saw he was going through it and he seemed really sad and his genuineness came through. 

And I guess it was cool to see how appreciative he was for something like 50 bucks which I take for granted.

I get it man. It feels good to give. It always felt good for me as well