Homeless people

Kevin

14 minutes ago, Jonas Long said:

The offer isn't really an offer, it's a bid to go on not questioning one's assumptions.  

How so? 

What the chariot represents ultimately is a feeling, overcoming conflicts and focusing forward. No one is driving that van. 

Youtube Channel  

6 minutes ago, Mandy said:

No one is driving that van. 

I know that's why I said it's not even the charioteers agenda.

7 minutes ago, Mandy said:

How so? 

In this case the "offer" is clearly a symbolic gesture to allay one's feeling of guilt.  The guilt is misplaced in the first place of course, but it's not an offer that is actually based on empathy, it's to keep telling oneself the same story of "they want free shit, they don't actually want to work like I do, they're where they are for a reason etc. "

Randomly offering someone a days work and them not taking  it doesn't amount to a license for you to assume their reasons for that.  Same with someone's life conditions in the first place.  You have no idea, you don't know the first thing about them, how they got there or what they want.  Those assumptions are masking a general feeling of guilt.

Edited by Jonas Long

@Jonas Long You're talking specifically to that example, but the specifics are hypothetical and stories such as the feeding and entertaining the baby's portrait, not the baby. The only specifics are the actual baby. 

You smokescreen, distract and cheat feeling better or letting go the blame by calling someone else the cheat. This is FOR YOU. 

Youtube Channel  

It's not a job that you conditionally get paid for your effort, it's unconditional now to find the feeling that's implied in the phrase "believe in yourself", while also simultaneously the feeling implied by Jesus "deny thyself and take up your cross and follow Me."

Youtube Channel  

7 minutes ago, Mandy said:

@Jonas Long You're talking specifically to that example, but the specifics are hypothetical and stories such as the feeding and entertaining the baby's portrait, not the baby. The only specifics are the actual baby. 

You smokescreen, distract and cheat feeling better or letting go the blame by calling someone else the cheat. This is FOR YOU. 

I was speaking to that example because I thought that's what we were talking about...you quoted me talking about that example specifically.  

I'm not laying the blame anywhere, I'm saying their guilt is misplaced in the first place, and their "offer" and resulting extrapolation is exactly like you say, the smokescreen, distraction and passing of the blame FOR THEM, and not for the person the "offer" is being made to.  I'm not accusing anyone of being responsible in the first place.

Edited by Jonas Long

11 minutes ago, Jonas Long said:

I was speaking to that example because I thought that's what we were talking about...you quoted me talking about that example specifically.  

I'm not laying the blame anywhere, I'm saying their guilt is misplaced in the first place, and their "offer" and resulting extrapolation is exactly like you say, the smokescreen, distraction and passing of the blame.  I'm not accusing anyone of being responsible in the first place.

What if the blame doesn't amount to anything at all but emotion, feeling now, for no one. 

What if the feeling isn't saying anyone or anything IS inherently bad, but that the focus on it now, the resistance, is the chariot heading towards the mud. Those squirrelly chariot wheels. AM I RIGHT? No, I'm not. 

Youtube Channel  

5 minutes ago, Mandy said:

What if the blame doesn't amount to anything at all but emotion, feeling now, for no one. 

What if the feeling isn't saying anyone or anything IS inherently bad, but that the focus on it now, the resistance, is the chariot heading towards the mud. Those squirrelly chariot wheels. AM I RIGHT? No, I'm not. 

I thought that's what I was saying... the wheels aren't even turning on the chariot, they're inbedded in the earth, the planet itself is all that's moving it.

6 minutes ago, Jonas Long said:

I thought that's what I was saying... the wheels aren't even turning on the chariot, they're inbedded in the earth, the planet itself is all that's moving it.

Work is intended to be your highest excitement, joy, meditative, peace. 

Is is both that we have misunderstandings about what the work is, and who is doing the work and who is not doing the work, and who DESERVES. It's right there... de-serves. It's the belief that good things in the future come from suffering.

It is both that people and companies seek to use people, and that people will not expect and dream or hope or believe they are worthy of anything better. These two things do not exist on their own, as they are not two things. 

Youtube Channel  

13 minutes ago, Jonas Long said:

Yeah, a far cry from hoping into some smug rando's van, which is really for THEM and not you. 

The focus is on a smug rando, the far cry is actually an emotional journey, and the van is the chariot and not a smug rando. There isn't a for them, it's all for You. 

And you accidently wrote hoping instead of hopping, and it wasn't an accident. The energy of the Star. 

Also vans are much more environmentally friendly than SUVs, so making fun of them serves a lot of corporations. Unless there was some other reason for the reference that's actually what we're talking about, but not talking about. 

Youtube Channel  

2 hours ago, A Tim said:

"There's always an excuse when you need one. 

There's always an excuse when you need oooone...

ooooooone. Alwaaaaaaays."

Regardless, I'm offering them some kind of income for some kind of effort. A hand extended... and they appear to prefer to return to/continue "barely eating, sleeping outside, living with whatever conditions they've been living with." 

@Mandy I was referring to this attitude, but whatever

Carl Sagan is a fool? Why?

Osho is a bum? Why?

Learn to appreciate people who bring something positive to the human consciousness.

Nobody is worthless or fool.

Maybe we can stop doing that.

So basically I'm an autistic INFJ BPD sigma Pisces female with anger and CPTSD issues. Wow wow. 

My plate looks full. I Couldn't have been weirder than that. Now I get why I'm so idiosyncratic. 

Saw a homeless lady with a bunch of bags I felt bad so I gave her 40 bucks and offered to buy her food. She didn’t even say thank you. Very unrewarding. However understandable because she was probably feeling very sad.

14 hours ago, Jonas Long said:

Yeah, a far cry from hoping into some smug rando's van, which is really for THEM and not you. 

You're really hung up on this imaginary van. I drive a moped and carry a spare helmet. 

Maybe that's the actual problem. hmmmm

Weren't you just blazing on, implying people don't question their assumptions? Are there any assumptions here you're overlooking as it relates to any of this? Aside from assuming I'm smug and drive a van. I've dispelled one rumor; the other may be true, for all I know.