Enlightenment Genetics

Blessed2

4 minutes ago, Mandy said:

You don't have an ability to love, it's not like a muscle you strengthen, it's what you're not thinking to cloud it. Maslow's hierarchy and any hierarchy or map is a tool that can be used to clarify or to cloud, like any other tool. You know by how it feels in the moment. 

Why is it then that practice makes perfect?  

7 minutes ago, Jonas Long said:

Is being awake a different state of consciousness to being asleep?  Getting stoned or caffeinated or horny or in love are different states of consciousness.  That fits within the materialist paradigm. 

Let's be clear...the materialist paradigm as it is generally understood is the belief that 99 percent of the population hold.  It is that there exists a physical, independent world, meaning independent of consciousness.   And that consciousness exists within the brain.   

Edited by Robed Mystic

6 minutes ago, Jonas Long said:

Why is it then that practice makes perfect?  

The more you practice ice skating, the less you think about ice skating, the less you think about falling, the less you question your skill in the act, and the more utterly present you are and presence is the only thing that is perfect. Aligning with that. That's ice skating though. 

Youtube Channel  

2 minutes ago, Robed Mystic said:

Let's be clear...the materialist paradigm as it is generally understood is the belief that 99 percent of the population hold.  It is that there exists a physical, independent world, independent of consciousness.   And that consciousness exists within the brain.   

Right....but people still experience different states of consciousness, within the brain, according to that paradigm. 

1 minute ago, DMT Elf said:

I would disagree that intelligence is the capacity to gain knowledge or the size of some "storage unit". Intelligence is much more than that. It's the ability to read between the lines, think outside the box, think independently, keenly discern information, be creative, be innovative, come up with novel ideas, and it's also ones capacity to make honest assessments about themself and the world around them.

I think you're referring more to "wisdom" which is the ability to apply intelligence well. 

Just now, DMT Elf said:

I would disagree that intelligence is the capacity to gain knowledge or the size of some "storage unit". Intelligence is much more than that. It's the ability to read between the lines, think outside the box, think independently, keenly discern information, be creative, be innovative, come up with novel ideas, and it's also ones capacity to make honest assessments about themself and the world around them.

Is that truly an ability that one can possess? Wouldn't that one then make that limited like the storage unit? 

Youtube Channel  

6 minutes ago, Jonas Long said:

My man, what you said was that Phil misunderstood the materialist paradigm...but what he said about it is accurate. 

He doesn't believe consciousness is in the brain and yet he still framed states of consciousness as the materialist paradigm.    You have to view it from the context in which he said it.  You are twisting that.

Edited by Robed Mystic

2 minutes ago, Robed Mystic said:

He doesn't believe consciousness is in the brain and yet he still framed states of consciousness as the materialist paradigm.    You have to view it from the context in which he said it.  You are twisting that.

He was illustrating your unconscious use of the materialist paradigm to try to backup your point. 

12 minutes ago, DMT Elf said:

Then what's intelligence?

I'm not saying you're wrong, but could you explain why?

Intelligence is like raw data, which is useless on its own, it needs wisdom to channel and put it to use. 

If imagination was something you possessed it would be limited by the condition of being possessed by you.  But imagination is more like what is possessing you than the other way around.  I think. 

8 minutes ago, Jonas Long said:

No....you didn't understand his point, obviously, so I was reiterating it. 

I think I understood just fine.  He called what I was saying the materialist paradigm..which taken out of the context I was speaking from could be considered that.  But from his perspective he was literally saying that states of consciousness (from the context  that consciousness is all there is) is the materialist paradigm    which is actually a perversion of the idealist paradigm.  So yeah, you got me.  But it is still a lack of understanding of what the materialist paradigm is. 

Edited by Robed Mystic

1 minute ago, DMT Elf said:

The raw data is just your mind, and the putting it to good use is also your mind. It seems like you're trying to draw distinctions where there don't need to be any.

Maybe, idk, I find the distinctions useful.  I'm coming from a qabalistic standpoint, and these things are differentiated by being associated with different spheres on the tree of life, but the tree is one whole thing.