14 minutes ago, Lester Retsel said:

I think it's good that he isn't trying to hide it though and that he does recognize it as a problem. It's scary but these days a lot of young guys have this same attitude but don't see it as a problem whatsoever.

I also wanna say that this attitude is actually improving for most males nowadays compared to back then. 

Women have been treated like absolute garbage for hundreds of years. Women have endured unspeakable atrocities at the hands of males back then and it was completely normal. 

I think angry guys on a forum is still unpleasant but definitely a step forward in progress, no?

♾️

3 minutes ago, Orb said:

I also wanna say that this attitude is actually improving for most males nowadays compared to back then. 

Women have been treated like absolute garbage for hundreds of years. Women have endured unspeakable atrocities at the hands of males back then and it was completely normal. 

I think angry guys on a forum is still unpleasant but definitely a step forward in progress, no?

It could be the case of a very vocal minority, but idk.  The problem is hate and toxic ideologies are much easier to spread much more quickly now in the world we live in.

56 minutes ago, Mandy said:

So the education was a means to an end? Hair and nails people do hard physical work, it's one of the most demanding jobs. You have to be very sensitive to what people want and are envisioning, you have to be on your A game all day, you have to be happy and conversational and responsive, you expose yourself to horrible chemicals and people's germs everyday and have to pay a huge overhead cost. What makes you think your education entitles you to make more than them rather than that it entitled you to work in an environment you preferred over that one? 

This is objectively false to say that the two careers require the same amount of effort. I can do my own gel nails and cut my own hair, but the other way around wouldn’t be possible. One is low skill trade other is high skill trades. Because it’s a low skill trade though, doesn’t mean it doesn’t have its own challenges.

Education was not just means to an end. But the end is also very important.

It’s just that in the era of instagram nails and hair are more valued in our society than intellectual things. One of my friends paid 100$ for a manicure a few days ago 🤯

Edited by Rose

10 minutes ago, Orb said:

We did not live in the era of those men. And neither did you, so you do not know how it was. 

It’s kind of like saying “what the hell are these broads still not happy about, don’t they remember what it was like for them a couple of years ago? 😒

No this is not a step in progress. The angry guys on forums will still never get women. Angry guys on forums are the bottom feeders. I haven’t met men like this in real life. Man who achieved something in life don’t spend their time on forums trashing women.

Edited by Rose

4 minutes ago, DMT Elf said:

I agree with that.

When I see the attitudes some older people have on these issues, it's just horrible. Total denial.

Is it worse than the whole incel/mgtow culture though?  

What's socially accepted overall has improved, some.  Long way to go still, but it's something.

Edited by Lester Retsel

7 minutes ago, DMT Elf said:

I agree with that.

When I see the attitudes some older people have on these issues, it's just horrible. Total denial.

Yea old people think it was just fine and dandy back then, gullible people. Forgive me. 

When you see stories people raping and murdering each other now in certain parts of the world, imagine the horrible things they did when the only "coverage" of current events was a fucking scroll with symbols on it. 

Edited by Orb

♾️

9 minutes ago, Rose said:

No this is not a step in progress. The angry guys on forums will still never get women. Angry guys on forums are the bottom feeders. I haven’t met men like this in real life. Man who achieved something in life don’t spend their time on forums trashing women.

Those men you meet on real life are telling this same stuff to their therapists or coming onto forums anonymously to vent lol. 

You really think a guy in public is gonna be like, hey everyone! I have mysogynistic beliefs!

♾️

3 minutes ago, DMT Elf said:

The incel/mgtow stuff is just collective ego backlash. It'll dissipate with time.

Hasn't it always existed though, and the internet just offered them a way to connect and feed each others fires?  Idk, it could dissipate, it could escalate.  Whatever comes after it could be worse.

11 minutes ago, Rose said:

It’s kind of like saying “what the hell are these broads still not happy about, don’t they remember what it was like for them a couple of years ago? 😒

I never implied that, I am not saying you should be happy now because it was worse back then, im just saying that as unpleasant as it is, it is a step in the right direction. 

♾️

1 minute ago, Lester Retsel said:

Hasn't it always existed though, and the internet just offered them a way to connect and feed each others fires?  Idk, it could dissipate, it could escalate.  Whatever comes after it could be worse.

The internet is like a magnifying glass, it seems to magnify what has already been there. 

Mysogyny and anger, sadness, etc. have always been felt by us, but the internet gives everyone a voice. So its like the same pain but more voices to express that pain, which makes it seem like its getting worse.

♾️

1 minute ago, Orb said:

Those men you meet on real life are telling this same stuff to their therapists or coming onto forums anonymously to vent lol. 

You really think a guy in public is gonna be like, hey everyone! I have mysogynistic beliefs!

That is your fantasy you live in to make yourself feel better. I think being 14 years in relationships with men I know what they think like. 

Also common talking pouts I’ve seen on actualized forum. Also what triggered my “I hate men” post because I started buying into that shit. But the truth is - you’re the bottom feeders and have unresolved mental illnesses. Is it not true that you have unresolved mental trauma? It’s true.

5 minutes ago, Orb said:

I never implied that, I am not saying you should be happy now because it was worse back then, im just saying that as unpleasant as it is, it is a step in the right direction. 

And I am saying hold yourself to a higher standard… it’s like saying “yes I am not perfect, but at least I am not shitting in the middle of the street” and then patting yourself on the head for it..

I am also saying that most modern women won’t appreciate it - they never lived in times where women were not allowed to vote, they don’t know what it used to be like - what they see is what it is now. Are you able to appreciate you have a toilet in your house and not have to shit in the hole in the middle of the forest every day? 

Edited by Rose

@Mandy

Women are wonderful. I like that women are squishy, I like that i feel warmth when I hug them, I like that theyre beautiful. I like that they are softer physically than me. 

I like that women are usually slower and more observant, it helps me and evens things out for me. Women tend to be more clean too, and ive learned a lot about that. Women also motivate me to be a good man. When I see beautiful women enjoying their lives, it motivates me to sharpen myself and be the right man for them. I appreciate that women are the mothers of the human race, they usually cook too, and thats cool.

I cant do three paragraphs lol .

♾️

5 minutes ago, Rose said:

Also common talking pouts I’ve seen on actualized forum. Also what triggered my “I hate men” post because I started buying into that shit. But the truth is - you’re the bottom feeders and have unresolved mental illnesses. Is it not true that you have unresolved mental trauma? It’s true.

Jesus christ, why do you have to make it so personal. Like seriously? And you dont have unresolved trauma? lol. This is the "youre wrong and im totally right!" kinda thinking.

Edited by Orb

♾️

5 minutes ago, Rose said:

And I am saying hold yourself to a higher standard… it’s like saying “yes I am not perfect, but at least I am not shitting in the middle of the street” and then patting yourself on the head for it..

And expressing how I feel is a step in the right direction. Im actually improving as we speak, yet you seem adamant on putting me down. You also seem to be hyper critical, you do everything I hate, youre a lot like me. 

Edited by Orb

♾️

No individual really feels like they have inherent privilege.  We all feel like the underdog overcoming all these challenging obstacles, beating the odds, or succumbing to them.  It's never easy when you feel you aren't getting what you think you should or what you think others are.  And to be told on top of that that you are privileged is a serious blow when you're already down.  Empathy is definitely a muscle that requires exercising.

5 minutes ago, Orb said:

@Mandy

Women are wonderful. I like that women are squishy, I like that i feel warmth when I hug them, I like that theyre beautiful. I like that they are softer physically than me. 

I like that women are usually slower and more observant, it helps me and evens things out for me. Women tend to be more clean too, and ive learned a lot about that. Women also motivate me to be a good man. When I see beautiful women enjoying their lives, it motivates me to sharpen myself and be the right man for them. I appreciate that women are the mothers of the human race, they usually cook too, and thats cool.

I cant do three paragraphs lol .

This is pretty weak.  I'm almost positive you can do better.

1 minute ago, Lester Retsel said:

No individual really feels like they have inherent privilege.  We all feel like the underdog overcoming all these challenging obstacles, beating the odds, or succumbing to them.  It's never easy when you feel you aren't getting what you think you should or what you think others are.  And to be told on top of that that you are privileged is a serious blow when you're already down.  Empathy is definitely a muscle that requires exercising.

Its just not really fair, and I dont have to list traumatic things ive been through to convince people to listen to things that are bothering me. 

Ive been through rough stuff, but when someone says im privileged its like theyre completely ignoring that. Why not just listen?

♾️