Actualized.org and Leo Gura must be stopped

Reena

I think the worst temptation for those who see beyond it is using what he has built to build your own business/youtube/etc. Guilty as charged. At one time it might have been a good decision, but for the reasons explained above, even if you mostly outwardly support Leo, say nothing and avoid conflict, or even if totally try to tear him down, it's definitely a sinking ship. 

It's a belief in shortage, you do not have to continue to support or give air time to what you don't resonate with in order to get more of what you do resonate with. 

Youtube Channel  

@Mandy

33 minutes ago, Mandy said:

I think the worst temptation for those who see beyond it is using what he has built to build your own business/youtube/etc. Guilty as charged.

Indeed. If you hang in there, it means that either you aren't very capable to decypher very problematic situations or that you lack integrity to say the least.

In any cases, it's not a good outlook if what you want to do is provide help to people. Whether it's spiritual help or some sort of life coaching. You pretty much risk being associated with Leo and being called out for casually hanging in there someday like there was nothing wrong with it.

Though, I understand what their psychology are and why they do it anyway. Building a business is though and they really really want to live a life out of their purpose. 

That said, I've seen that Emerald is back on Actualized.org and I can't accuse her of any of these shortcomings. She probably isn't aware of the full context since she's been out of the loop. Not sure if she would have chosen to give it another go otherwise.

Edited by Serenity

“Know yourself as nothing; feel yourself as everything.” - Rupert Spira

1 hour ago, Serenity said:

That said, I've seen that Emerald is back on Actualized.org and I can't accuse her of any of these shortcomings. She probably isn't aware of the full context since she's been out of the loop. Not sure if she would have chosen to give it another go otherwise.

I remember someone writing here before that they think all the “enlightened” people may be in cahoots to scam people, I am starting to think that way too now 😁

I really don’t know why she came back after 2+ years of being away. And why did she come back this particular time when people seem to be waking up to who he is and making more and more provocative posts. And why did she leave in the first place. Seems he brought her back to keep the forum floating. 

Edited by Rose

@Rose

My impression is that she came back to test her equanimity in a difficult environment to see how much she has grown.

And also to provide help and different perspectives at the same time. Actualized.org vaguely reminds me of a third world country in need of emergency emotional help, so from that point of view, I understand the appeal. If she has the resources again to continue interacting on his website, why not after all?

The way she does it is still very admirable in my opinion. She thinks in kaladeidoscope mode and tries to see how and why everyone thinks and acts a certain way. She would not be the type to perceive provocative posts as being productive, as by nature conflict is polarizing. So this is why even she might have noticed some polarizing post she nevertheless came back. And she tried to provide healing for both parts.

In my opinion, where she might be wrong is that she sees Leo as being much more reasonable and open than he is. My impression is that he does not want to change. And that he is far more disloyal as it is than anyone with a big heart is willing to see. I doubt that if she had seen last years event, she would have thought as this place still worthy of her time, but who knows?

I think it's great somewhat she keeps on looking at Leo and his followers with a gaze of love and compassion, while still holding strong boundaries. They need it. So who knows, maybe she'll get them to sprout. 🙂 

38 minutes ago, Rose said:

And why did she leave in the first place. 

I think she might have left because she was fed up.

Leo's behavior and moderation style didn't appreciate at it's right worth what she was going, and he tended to undo a lot of her work. 

And Actualized.org was attracting an endless supply of people holding the same ego vulnerabilities, writing up one depressing post after the other.

48 minutes ago, Rose said:

Seems he brought her back to keep the forum floating. 

No. She's got her own platform and her business is running well. 

Also, I'm kinda under the impression Leo is low key annoyed she's back because she's quite popular and exposes people's BS like no one else. 🤣

“Know yourself as nothing; feel yourself as everything.” - Rupert Spira

@Cupcakei agree, its totally unethical what he does, on many levels.  the fact that he was aware of your mental issues and fragile state shows that that "disclaimer" he puts on his videos is only to protect him legally, and he doesn't actually care about anybodys well being.  it really is a strange thing thats happened with him and all his followers.  its hard to know what to make of really.

9 hours ago, Joseph Maynor said:

i'm sorry....what the "masculine" has to offer is the "intellect" and what the "feminine" has to offer is "the body"

are you kidding?  

also why did you post this here in this thread?  what does it have to do with the subject other than you being a sort of leo gura emulator?

ps, the way you said "body" is SUPeR creepy...

32 minutes ago, sacredprofane said:

@Cupcakei agree, its totally unethical what he does, on many levels.  the fact that he was aware of your mental issues and fragile state shows that that "disclaimer" he puts on his videos is only to protect him legally, and he doesn't actually care about anybodys well being.  it really is a strange thing thats happened with him and all his followers.  its hard to know what to make of really.

Yes this is my exact point, the deception that he acts like a self help guru with a very sympathetic tone in his videos as though he is out to save the world with his wisdom meanwhile in reality he doesn't give a 

So basically I'm an autistic INFJ BPD sigma Pisces female with anger and CPTSD issues. Wow wow. 

My plate looks full. I Couldn't have been weirder than that. Now I get why I'm so idiosyncratic. 

20 minutes ago, Cupcake said:

Yes this is my exact point, the deception that he acts like a self help guru with a very sympathetic tone in his videos as though he is out to save the world with his wisdom meanwhile in reality he doesn't give a 

its a strange thing for sure...i think its fairly unprecedented in a way because its an online thing, we've seen cults in real life before, and con artists of all sorts, but we don't yet quite know what to make of a character like this who has made himself and exists purely on the internet.  its like he is just beyond the ability for anyone to intervene in any real way because he has just enough plausible deniability, and like i said, we don't have another example yet of something like this really.  its good to call it out, but can anyone really do anything to stop him?  could anyone have prevented jonestone, or any of those death cults?  i don't know.  he has made me 100x more leery about psychadelic drugs, because i've always been a pretty big supporter, but i didn't know someone could end up like him as a result of them.  i've only seen people become better after using them, myself included, so its very strange with him, its almost like they have had the exact opposite effect i've experienced and seen with others.  i don't know how someone could take them like that and not examine themselves since thats what i've known them to do.  like how can someone do them and still be all about doing "pickup" for example?  it doesn't make any sense to me.  its weird how much influence he has on people, and that so many, including mods here seem to have turned against him only after being banned by him.  personally, i watched a few of his self help style videos when i was in a pretty dark place, and i can see how you can latch on to someone like him when you are feeling like that.  once i saw his "pickup" stuff coming i ditched him, but i am a little older i think than most of his audience, i'm like his age actually, so i know how weird and immature it is for him to be into something like picking up girls in las vegas with these silly routines... anyway, i don't know what to do about him besides call him out and say your experience.  but it seems like people will only listen after he has crossed a line with them personally somehow.  i'm glad you got out.

Just now, Joseph Maynor said:

Think it through yourself. 

you want to see my "bah-dee" lol.  no, really, i don't know.  you want to see if i'm "masculine" or "feminine" so you'll know how to categorize me?  i don't really buy into that dichotomy like you seem to. anyway, i don't want to hijack this thread with whatever you're trying to do here.

3 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

You talk the big talk pal but nobody knows who you are too.  That's creepy if you ask me.  Everyone knows who I am on here.  I'm above board and always have been from the very beginning.  If you want to debate me like a man, don't snipe from behind anonymity.  Keep your hatred private.

"like a man" so...with my intellect then....NOT my "bah-dee"  lol

stoppit, i said i dont' want to hijack this thread anymore

2 hours ago, sacredprofane said:

i'm sorry....what the "masculine" has to offer is the "intellect" and what the "feminine" has to offer is "the body"

are you kidding?  

also why did you post this here in this thread?  what does it have to do with the subject other than you being a sort of leo gura emulator?

ps, the way you said "body" is SUPeR creepy...

I talk to Joseph everyday.  Trust me, his thoughts are well thought out if you would put aside your shadow issues concerning your immediate impression of him.  He is NOT creepy. At all.  He is a very loving human being. Who has overcome a lot considering everything.  He does not emulate Leo.  He was abused by Leo and abused by that stupid forum.  He is just as much a victim as Cupcake and I.  The 'Body' is a part of the feminine theory for him. 

Edited by Proserpina

5 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

You should be banned the heck outta here.  This is the reason online forums kinda suck.  What is this high school?  It's one thing to disagree with someone but to slander someone is sick.  And it's probably projection too because the person is disowning their own shame.  I've earned my right to be respected in this community.  Be careful what you say about people online.

you've got some repressed baggage there it sounds like... nobody "earns the right" to say whatever they want and not get push-back for saying looney things....you actually do sound a bit like leo..

2 minutes ago, Proserpina said:

I talk to Joseph everyday.  Trust me, his thoughts are well thought out if you would put aside your shadow issues concerning your immediate impression of him.  He is NOT creepy. At all.  He is a very loving human being. Who has overcome a lot considering everything.  He does not emulate Leo.  He was abused by Leo and abused by that stupid forum.  He is just as much a victim as Cupcake and I.  The 'Body' is a part of the feminine theory for him. 

well, it sounds straight up sexist to me to say intellect is masculine while "body" is feminine.  thats crazy.  am i not entitled to give my reaction?

14 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

You should be banned the heck outta here.  This is the reason online forums kinda suck.  What is this high school?  It's one thing to disagree with someone but to slander someone is sick.  And it's probably projection too because the person is disowning their own shame.  I've earned my right to be respected in this community.  Be careful what you say about people online.

i did not slander you at all.