Actualized.org and Leo Gura must be stopped

Reena

7 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Leo said this in the thread I posed above: “God cannot be sovereign, omnipotent, or omniscient as long as otherness exists.”

Now notice this “cannot be … without”stipulation by Leo.

But God doesn’t need that limitation from Leo Gura either!  That’s a Kantian argument along the lines of — we must presuppose X to get Y.

But if we’re talking about individual sovereignty, why does that presupposition limit God?

That implies God is bound to a kind of finite intellectual principle.

I don't necessarily like the way he frames things all the time. He leaves openings either because hes lazy or because he likes to play with words.    I don't consider him enlightened in the traditional sense.  He cheated 

26 minutes ago, Robed Mystic said:

I don't necessarily like the way he frames things all the time. He leaves openings either because hes lazy or because he likes to play with words.    I don't consider him enlightened in the traditional sense.  He cheated 

He likes to use black and white applications of philosophy when it serves his bias but then attack everyone else’s bias by assuming what he says comes from direct experience.  I’ve done 5-MeO-DMT and made a video on it right after.   That was an experience for me and not what would call Divine attainment.  I actually had Divine attainment before I did the 5-MeO-DMT.  It was a profound experience but psychedelics aren’t enough to fully wake you up.  Philosophy is not enough either.  It’s Spiritual Enlightenment!  There’s a Spiritual component to it.  Meditation, Philosophy, Psychedelics, Discussion, etc., are like little tools on the Path.  But at the end of the day Spiritual Attainment is it’s own thing.  So I wouldn’t say he cheated, he just made one tool out to be more important than other tools.  The tools aren’t the destination or a magic pill.  It makes you feel like you keep needing more and he has something you don’t.  That’s good for his marketing himself as a teacher I’m sure.  But it’s bollocks and you’ll know it when you become awake which you probably are.  He said only he and Peter Ralston are awake a couple of times in his Forum.  That had me rolling.  I was like, sure dude 👍

Edited by Joseph Maynor

12 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

He likes to use black and white applications of philosophy when it serves his bias but then attack everyone else’s bias by assuming what he says comes from direct experience.  I’ve done 5-MeO-DMT and made a video on it right after.   That was an experience for me and not what would call Divine attainment.  I actually had Divine attainment before I did the 5-MeO-DMT.  It was a profound experience but psychedelics aren’t enough to fully wake you up.  Philosophy is not enough either.  It’s Spiritual Enlightenment!  There’s a Spiritual component to it.  Meditation, Philosophy, Psychedelics, Discussion, etc., are like little tools on the Path.  But at the end of the day Spiritual Attainment is it’s own thing.  So I wouldn’t say he cheated, he just made one tool out to be more important than other tools.  The tools aren’t the destination or a magic pill.  It makes you feel like you keep needing more and he has something you don’t.  That’s good for his marketing himself as a teacher I’m sure.  But it’s bollocks and you’ll know it when you become awake which you probably are.  He said only he and Peter Ralston are awake.  That had me rolling.

Oh jeez.  Dude  - the guy ain't right at this point.  Psychedelics fried his brain by placing a split down the middle.   He's ok one moment- the next - off the chain.  Who cares.   Sadly, he's just another statistic that fell to the system.  

Just now, Robed Mystic said:

I think you are too.  I don't know why you are here. I haven't figured thst part out yet.   But I do know you are a hopeless materialist. 

it's like...you are reading everything here through some weird translation, and taking away things that are just not being said or implied.

2 minutes ago, sacredprofane said:

it's like...you are reading everything here through some weird translation, and taking away things that are just not being said or implied.

Perhaps.   Or perhaps it's just a dream.   Hah. I bet you want me to degrade Loop so you can get some weird high off of it.  Not happening.  He is a good guy.   

3 minutes ago, sacredprofane said:

@Robed Mysticit was said and you agreed that nonduality requires no dogma, belief or special spiritual experience.  but earlier you insisted she give you just that to prove she is authentic in her position here.  those two positions are contradictory.  

Direct experience.  Not sure what you mean.   I stand by that. 

5 minutes ago, Robed Mystic said:

Perhaps.   Or perhaps it's just a dream.   Hah. I bet you want me to degrade Loop so you can get some weird high off of it.  Not happening.  He is a good guy.   

you make no sense.  i said nothing about loop.  

Edited by sacredprofane

4 minutes ago, sacredprofane said:

you make no sense.  i said nothing about loop.  

Then what are you asking?  I asked her of she has had a mystical experience.   It was not about credentials.  It was whether or not she could validate the stuff being taught here.

Edited by Robed Mystic

Just now, Robed Mystic said:

Then what are you asking?  I asked her of she has had a mystical experience.   It was not about credentials.  It was whether or bit she could validate the stuff being taught here.

omg...yes, but that's the POINT you agreed on...IT REQUIRES NOTHING TO VALIDATE.. no mystical experience necessary!