Daily Appreciation Thread

Mandy

On 3/9/2024 at 4:35 PM, Blessed2 said:

I bought the first book of The Lord Of The Rings a couple of days ago and I'm about 150 pages in. It's great! It's so fun to read fiction. Been missing it. As a kid I used to read more.

I love the movies so I figured to also read it. The plot seems to be quite different in some aspects from the movies, which is fun.

Oh, an there's a funny synchronization going on. Frodo takes the fake last name "Underhill" when he leaves the Shire... And I keep seeing that last name popping up everywhere.

While I was meditating today (I was pretty tired), I kept basically falling asleep / mini-dreaming while sitting. I saw The Lord Of The Rings themed dreams, and and then I suddenly remembered that I wasn't in Middle Earth, and that I had just strayed in a dream while meditating. 😂 

There must be an effortless way.

Soooo… tenants of one of my rental houses, great couple, late fifties, successful restaurant owners, 4,000 sq ft house, very nice area.  About 6 months ago he died suddenly from a heart attack. She met someone new about a month ago… just found out two days ago he stabbed & killed her and then - lit himself on fire. Not taking much for granted today. Infinite love to you all. Don’t croak with any music left in you so to speak. Express those emotions, that they may not run the show.  🙏🏼 ♥️

4 minutes ago, Phil said:

Soooo… tenants of one of my rental houses, great couple, late fifties, successful restaurant owners, 4,000 sq ft house, very nice area.  About 6 months ago he died suddenly from a heart attack. She met someone new about a month ago… just found out two days ago he stabbed & killed her and then - lit himself on fire. Not taking much for granted today. Infinite love to you all. Don’t croak with any music left in you so to speak. Express those emotions, that they may not run the show.  🙏🏼 ♥️

Jesus Christ...

We don't battle with "the flesh". That's for sure.

♾️

Appreciating the unseen and yet unrivaled power, majesty and simplicity of… attitude. 

"The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life.  Attitude, to me, is more important than facts.  It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than successes, than what other people think, say or do.  It is more important than appearance, giftedness or skill.  It will make or break a company... a church... a home.  The remarkable thing is we have a choice every day regarding the attitude we embrace for that day.  We cannot change our past... we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way.  We cannot change the inevitable.  The only thing we can do is play the one string we have, and that is our attitude... I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.

And so it is with you... we are in charge of our Attitudes”

- Charles Swindoll

Happily Swindolled today. 🙂

1 hour ago, Phil said:

Banned again! (Reddit) lol. 
Really appreciating this forum. 
♥️

Why did they ban you?

So basically I'm an autistic INFJ BPD sigma Pisces female with anger and CPTSD issues. Wow wow. 

My plate looks full. I Couldn't have been weirder than that. Now I get why I'm so idiosyncratic. 

I was reading the Bible today and noticed that the "I am that I am" thing is numbered 3:14, Exodus.

That number felt peculiar, somehow familiar. What came in mind is that lots of people often say they suddenly wake up exactly around 3AM. That 3:14 is something you see on a clock quite often, and it's usually spiritually meaningful or synchronistic.

I'm lying in bed right now, and am not quite feeling tired. So I took the phone, and there was an odd feeling and somehow my eyes traveled to the clock with a weird sense of anticipation. 3:14.

And the date is 4/15. 🤔

Edit: I googled "bible 4:15" and this is what showed up first:

Instead, speaking the truth in love, we will grow to become in every respect the mature body of him who is the head, that is, Christ.

Right before all this I wrote in the expression journal: "Stop seeking, stop waiting, start expressing."

😂

Edited by Blessed2

I want to appreciate another beautiful day!

8mtev4.jpg

So basically I'm an autistic INFJ BPD sigma Pisces female with anger and CPTSD issues. Wow wow. 

My plate looks full. I Couldn't have been weirder than that. Now I get why I'm so idiosyncratic. 

On 3/15/2024 at 8:58 PM, Phil said:

image.thumb.jpeg.a0634e73557c91bc44f2ba4436c9226c.jpeg

I appreciate even those whose kindness is just a strategy. I keep my expectations low and lower. If someone offers kindness in whatever form, I appreciate that because it's such a rare thing either way any way.

Every now and then in the past years of mental health and addiction issues, unemployment, financial worries etc etc, I've met different social work and mental health professionals who you can just share it all to and unload the stress with. It's like they just catch you like a safety net, direct you to the best services, give advice and suggestions as to how to go about, and take you as you are without blame or judgement.

You talk to them like one hour, leave, and suddenly the sun is shining and you feel so much better and supported. You even breathe deeper, feel the air on your skin etc.

It's like first your life is a card deck with all the cards mixed up and some of them facing the wrong way. And then they just take the deck and place all the cards the right way and the correct order.

God I appreciate these people so much.

If I become a social worker, I want to do that too. I wanna be that worker to whom you can come with a hundred different worries and leave with zero.