Uncomfortable feelings around women

23 hours ago, Lester Retsel said:

Maybe it is related afterall lol...you said something like "anything you can be aware of can't be you" but what exactly makes you think that's the case? You said it as though it were self evident, but I don't see any reason why you can't have awareness of yourself. 

really? i would look a bit more into things if it's not self evident that anything you can be aware of can't be you. For example a chair, a thought, your leg, a sensation in your finger, a feeling in you stomach, a sound. You think any of those "things" or anything else you can become aware of is you? It's very self evident it's not.

you seem very critical of these sorts of teachings, maybe its not the right place for you? nobody is forcing you to be on any of these forums. Just saying because you don't seem to try to be interested in getting something out of it, other than some drama or something maybe. 

i'm sure many people find the very valueable to be here:) and its free for all of us, unless you want the luxury of someones time and energy privately to help you. Private therapy/education of any kind is always expensive, don't really see what you are trying to expose.

Edited by WhiteOwl

@WhiteOwl sure, you can be aware of things that aren't you, of course, but how is that by its very nature mutually exclusive from things that are you? That's the but that yall seem to breeze over so easily.  Yes, I'm not really fit for these forums,, I think yall are silly and lacking in critical thinking and just wanna feel good and like you're examining things without really doing so...I keep getting directed here by people who watch my videos and urge me to look into yalls drama.  Yes, I should quit responding to those people. 

@WhiteOwl Ive seen therapists for $30 per session, and my own, in life spiritual teacher, who is absolutely legit, charges the same.  I know because I know him that he is more intelligent and experienced than Phil of fucking "nahm" or whatever culturally appropriated name he wants to give himself.  Yes, he seems like a total charlatan, and even that amout he charges is criminal imo.  It is straight exploitation.  Capitalism is the ruin of spirituality.  It's totally corrupt here in the west 99% of the time.  For. Sure. Sorry.

4 minutes ago, Lester Retsel said:

@WhiteOwl sure, you can be aware of things that aren't you, of course, but how is that by its very nature mutually exclusive from things that are you? That's the but that yall seem to breeze over so easily. 

What "things" then are you aware of that is you? 

5 minutes ago, Lester Retsel said:

@WhiteOwl I think yall are silly and lacking in critical thinking and just wanna feel good and like you're examining things without really doing so...

Okay 😚

2 minutes ago, Lester Retsel said:

@WhiteOwl Ive seen therapists for $30 per session, and my own, in life spiritual teacher, who is absolutely legit, charges the same.  I know because I know him that he is more intelligent and experienced than Phil of fucking "nahm" or whatever culturally appropriated name he wants to give himself.  Yes, he seems like a total charlatan, and even that amout he charges is criminal imo.  It is straight exploitation.  Capitalism is the ruin of spirituality.  It's totally corrupt here in the west 99% of the time.  For. Sure. Sorry.

Alright mate.. looks like there are better places for you to be than here.

8 minutes ago, Lester Retsel said:

Ban me, I don't wanna be here.

You're acting a bit nuts mate, hope you are alright. Nobody asked you to be here you can just cross the browser window and not come back. I remember you saying that a few month ago also.. 

Edited by WhiteOwl

5 minutes ago, Lester Retsel said:

@WhiteOwl yall can't even spell, why would I want to learn spirituality from you?  Dumbass western appropriation of cultures you know fuck all about....yeah *i* sounds nuts...I sure am.

nobody says you should want to learn anything here, nobody.. and i can't talk for the yall category, but in my case english is not my first language. 

best of luck to you, im out of this.

14 hours ago, Lester Retsel said:

sure, you can be aware of things that aren't you, of course, but how is that by its very nature mutually exclusive from things that are you

If it is realized things are you, it is realized there aren’t things. That you, awareness, are infinite as the ‘appearance’ of all (otherwise) ‘things’. 

Neti neti is a practice, a method, an approach. The suggestion is then to the method or approach of self inquiry; to the feeling of being you, awareness. 

Infinitude can’t be realized cognitively, or via the activity of appearing finite thoughts. Therein lies the factor of un-believability, and therein, the ‘obstacle’ of shooting the apparent messenger, aka projection or othering.

@Phil whatever "nahm" sounds like a bunch of semantics to me.  I do trust my sense of people, I am a fairly intuitive person, and the sense I get very clearly from you is of a shifty eyed charlatan, and it seems I'm not the only one... we can't all be "projecting'...if enough people are seeing the same dirt on your screen, you gotta wonder if it's really them and not you, at some point, or don't, i have no investment here.   

@Phil so....is THAT how you justify taking peoples money? You'd be "othering" if you perceived it as something other than yourself giving money to yourself?  Well...."othering" can certainly save "your" ass from getting ripped off, that's for sure, so, maybe it's not such a bad thing really....

Edited by Lester Retsel