Uncomfortable feelings around women

This is the original post, felt weird about posting this screenshot here but I figured it'd be fine as this post had already been brought up and anyone could find it. 

We got one side of the story, let's get @Phil's and see if we can resolve this.

I want to add that while there are many different stories regarding Phil, I've had a good experience having sessions with him and receiving advice. 

Edited by Orb

♾️

@Lester Retsel what did he lie about specifically?

What is your beef with Phil?

You think he's a scammer?

You do realize every spiritual teacher will have to support themselves or make money somehow, including charging for coaching calls. 

It doesn't matter if the teacher is rich or poor, they will need money to take care of themselves/family. 

If you're a poor ramana maharshi type teacher, people will still donate money to you and take care of your needs, if you're rich people will still pay money and you can take care of your needs. 

Either way, you are still playing along with this capitalistic system. 

Do you think you have to be a bum on the street with absolutely nothing to prove you're the real deal? 

Edited by Orb

♾️

If you ask for sessions with a life coach you pay for said sessions. Why is this even a discussion? This particular person who was unhappy went on to schedule more life coach sessions with many other people. If someone has the belief that they will get enlightenment through speaking with someone and is objectifying enlightenment, it's very difficult to get through that perception. Disapointment is inevitable but staying in blame is not necessary. 

Youtube Channel  

Just now, DMT Elf said:

I’ve been following along with this thread because I’m basically just petty and drama obsessed. 😁

Anyway, a couple things I thought were worth pointing out.

1) Who lists a figure of money in such a wide ballpark? 6-8k? How does he not know exactly how much he spent? $2000 is not an insignificant difference.

2) The same guy who makes those claims has some stuff to say about the earth potentially being flat. 

https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/78192-flat-earth/?page=1

OK, I’m done. 

His parents are wealthy is my understanding, so rich kids will often not pay as close attention to specific amounts as we might.  And of course he believes wacky shit, he follows leo.

@DMT Elf

2 minutes ago, DMT Elf said:

I’ve been following along with this thread because I’m basically just petty and drama obsessed. 😁

Anyway, a couple things I thought were worth pointing out.

1) Who lists a figure of money in such a wide ballpark? 6-8k? How does he not know exactly how much he spent? $2000 is not an insignificant difference.

2) The same guy who makes those claims has some stuff to say about the earth potentially being flat. 

https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/78192-flat-earth/?page=1

All the more reason really that Phil should have known better than to accept that much money from him as he clearly doesn't have a healthy grasp on things or realistic expectations, that indicates that Phil totally took advantage of him and exploited his naivete 

@Lester RetselDude, to be honest I'm surrounded by people who say the same things day in day out about ANYONE who is actually following thier dreams, making a difference, creating something new, or doing anything interesting at all. I learned long ago that you can either make people out to be wrong for what they do or just do what you are truly called to do. 

Youtube Channel  

@Lester Retsel

“If you are not in the arena getting your ass kicked on occasion, I am not interested in or open to your feedback. There are a million cheap seats in the world today filled with people who will never be brave with their own lives, but will spend every ounce of energy they have hurling advice and judgement at those of us trying to dare greatly. Their only contributions are criticism, cynicism, and fear-mongering. If you're criticizing from a place where you're not also putting yourself on the line, I'm not interested in your feedback.” -Brene Brown

I see that since you do have a Youtube channel you DO put yourself on the line. But I think you're kinda on the fence of that line. It's an uncomfortable place to be. There's a pattern here, it's not about Phil and it's not about Leo. 

Youtube Channel  

1 minute ago, Mandy said:

@Lester Retsel

“If you are not in the arena getting your ass kicked on occasion, I am not interested in or open to your feedback. There are a million cheap seats in the world today filled with people who will never be brave with their own lives, but will spend every ounce of energy they have hurling advice and judgement at those of us trying to dare greatly. Their only contributions are criticism, cynicism, and fear-mongering. If you're criticizing from a place where you're not also putting yourself on the line, I'm not interested in your feedback.” -Brene Brown

I see that since you do have a Youtube channel you DO put yourself on the line. But I think you're kinda on the fence of that line. It's an uncomfortable place to be. There's a pattern here, it's not about Phil and it's not about Leo. 

Right....so that quote doesn't really apply to me, weird you still felt compelled to post it...

I create a lot of things, I also have the bandwidth to participate in critical debate....am I superhuman for having that capacity?

@Lester Retsel It's not just online. Anyone I see creating or doing stuff that hasn't been created or hasn't been done is occasionally hated, because some people can't take the goddamn inspiration. It isn't personal. Any musician, artist, business person, activists, anyone. Criticism is not creation. Suggestions for improvement, a vision of improvement, seeing something you dislike and using it to define what you DO want is creation. 

Youtube Channel  

1 minute ago, Mandy said:

@Lester Retsel It's not just online. Anyone I see creating or doing stuff that hasn't been created or hasn't been done is occasionally hated, because some people can't take the goddamn inspiration. It isn't personal. Any musician, artist, business person, activists, anyone. Criticism is not creation. Suggestions for improvement, a vision of improvement, seeing something you dislike and using it to define what you DO want is creation. 

Once again, I see nothing "original" coming from the individuals concerned here.  And what I'm saying is I am capable of BOTH creating AND criticism.. 2 separate things.