14 minutes ago, Alexander said:

For teaching no self you are all way to self absorbed.Chose better feeling thoughts, Dreamboard and LoA nothing which has anything to do with Neo Advaita.

If a visual thought arises about a car and is focused upon on a daily basis such that it becomes a reality, does that have anything to do with self? 

If nice feeling images pop up in the mind and those things are written down on a board so they can be read every morning after waking up and they all manifest, does that have anything to do with self?

♾️

If you want a real humbling challenge in life try to figure out spiritual enlightenment.  Just when you think you won something, that's when other people are going to pull the carpet out from underneath you.  If you don't think you won anything, nobody ever hears from you, so you're not really in the conversation.  It's a paradox and I've struggled with how to engage with it for many years now.  You're damned if you do and damned if you don't.  That's because spiritual enlightenment is the hardest subject to master if that is even possible.

4 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

If you want a real humbling challenge in life try to figure out spiritual enlightenment.  Just when you think you won something, that's when other people are going to pull the carpet out from underneath you.  If you don't think you won anything, nobody ever hears from you, so you're not really in the conversation.  It's a paradox and I've struggled with how to engage with it for many years now.  You're damned if you do and damned if you don't.  That's because spiritual enlightenment is the hardest subject to master if that is even possible.

Enlightenment isn't a subject that you learn or figure out. That's probably why you feel stuck. Enlightenment is what remains when beliefs / conditioning falls away more and more. 

♾️

2 hours ago, Alexander said:

For teaching no self you are all way to self absorbed.Chose better feeling thoughts, Dreamboard and LoA nothing which has anything to do with Neo Advaita.

No self or Neo adviata is letting go everything/ every thoughts only / till nothing left/remains. 

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

Seems like a projection, "you are all way too..."

"No self" isn't something you work to "achieve" its just the case already.  Nothing you can cause it to not be the case.  Avoiding "self serving" activities doesn't help, and doing "self serving" things doesn't hurt either.  Eckhart Tolle isn't less self serving than Kim Kardashian.  You can't teach or learn no self.  

There is no teacher(s). That would be a self. There is no self. 

“NeoAdvaita” means “new not two”. It’s an egocentric belief, like “I went beyond nonduality”. 

These beliefs are in defense of a nonexistent self. 

3 hours ago, Alexander said:

For teaching no self you are all way to self absorbed.

To be self-absorbed there would have to be a self to be absorbed to. And a self to be absorbed to a self.

Non-Duality isn't the pracitce of judgement of, or abstinence from selfishness, self-servingness or bias.

3 hours ago, Alexander said:

Chose better feeling thoughts, Dreamboard and LoA nothing which has anything to do with Neo Advaita.

"Each thing tends to move towards its own nature. I always desire happiness which is my true nature. My nature is never a burden to me. Happiness is never a burden to me, whilst sorrow is."

- Advaita

The continuation of suffering must always be conceptually justified or reasoned. But happiness does not carry that quality.

Edited by Blessed2

There must be an effortless way.

1 hour ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Enlightenment is the absence of this belief.

2 hours ago, Jonas Long said:

Seems like a projection, "you are all way too..."

"No self" isn't something you work to "achieve" its just the case already.  Nothing you can cause it to not be the case.  Avoiding "self serving" activities doesn't help, and doing "self serving" things doesn't hurt either.  Eckhart Tolle isn't less self serving than Kim Kardashian.  You can't teach or learn no self.  

No self is nonsense.  You know this.  The self that says it's not a self is a self-denying self.  It's a trick.  It's stupid.  It's a crafty way of being a self.  I noticed this years ago now.  People cloak their truth as the truth,  what's new.  Most people grow out of this at some point.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

5 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

No self is nonsense.  You know this.  The self that says it's not a self is a self-denying self.  It's a trick.  It's stupid.  It's a crafty way of being a self.  I noticed this years ago now.  People cloak their truth as the truth,  what's new.  Most people grow out of this at some point.

Thus do the starving refuse sustenance. 

23 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Lol

The tricky aspect of pre-assumption is that you can never see it coming.

https://youtu.be/jcMr6KdlvdE?feature=shared

Edited by Blessed2

I'm reading a great book right now, see link below:

https://www.amazon.com/Be-As-You-Are-Teachings/dp/0140190627

It's interesting on Page 35:

Q1: What is the difference between the bound man and the liberated man?

A: Sri Ramana Maharshi -- "The ordinary man lives in the brain unaware of himself in the Heart.  The Jnani (the ultimate knower) lives in the Heart.  When he moves about and deals with men and things, he knows what he sees is not separate from the one supreme reality, the Brahman which he realized in the heart as his own self, the real."

Q2: What about the ordinary man?

A: Sri Ramana Maharshi -- "I have just said that he sees things outside himself.  He is separate from the world, from his own deeper truth, from the truth that supports him and what he sees.  The man who has realized the supreme truth  of his own existence realizes that it is the one supreme reality that is there behind him, behind the world.  In fact, he is aware of the one, as the real, the Self in all selves, in all things, eternal and immutable, in all that is impermanent and mutable."  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

15 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

I'm reading a great book right now, see link below:

https://www.amazon.com/Be-As-You-Are-Teachings/dp/0140190627

It's interesting on Page 35:

Q: What is the difference between the bound man and the liberated man?

A: Sri Ramana Maharshi -- "The ordinary man lives in the brain unaware of himself in the Heart.  The Jnani (the ultimate knower) lives in the Heart.  When he moves about and deals with men and things, he knows what he sees is not separate from the one supreme reality, the Brahman which he realized in the heart as his own self, the real."

Q: What about the ordinary man?

A: Sri Ramana Maharshi -- "I have just said that he sees things outside himself.  He is separate from the world, from his own deeper truth, from the truth that supports him and what he sees.  The man who has realized the supreme truth  of his own existence realizes that it is the one supreme reality that is there behind him, behind the world.  In fact, he is aware of the one, as the real, the Self in all selves, in all things, eternal and immutable, in all that is impremanent and mutable."  

Saying there is so separate self, yeah.

1 hour ago, Joseph Maynor said:

As it’s believed I am a separate self which knows, denies, tricks, is stupid, crafty, aging in time, cloaking personal truth as The Truth, and will grow out of this at some point in time….

… it’s simultaneously believed there are other selves which know, deny, trick, are stupid, crafty, aging in time, cloaking personal truth as The Truth, and will grow out of this at some point in time. 

Other is contingent on self. 

Self is contingent on other. 

Nonduality just means not two. 

What has thought to do with that which is appearing as thought? 

What has thought to do with creating? 

Therein is nonsense & sense. 

57 minutes ago, Phil said:

As it’s believed I am a separate self which knows, denies, tricks, is stupid, crafty, aging in time, cloaking personal truth as The Truth, and will grow out of this at some point in time….

… it’s simultaneously believed there are other selves which know, deny, trick, are stupid, crafty, aging in time, cloaking personal truth as The Truth, and will grow out of this at some point in time. 

Other is contingent on self. 

Self is contingent on other. 

Nonduality just means not two. 

What has thought to do with that which is appearing as thought? 

What has thought to do with creating? 

Therein is nonsense & sense. 

At the end of the day our word salads have the meaning we attribute to them.  Identifying thought is #1 and then what to make of it is #2.  But thought is thought.  I think people try to hide their thought from being considered thought.  We don't need to play games with thought.  We're creatures of thought, all of us.  This turning philosophy into a hide-and-seek game I think is not going to be sustainable when arguments are made that are clearly trying to win something, however tentative and elusive that is cloaked within.  This is why you have to see the ego in the whole "no self" ruse.  If you don't want to do that or want to hide that, then you'll have to defend that for as long as you hold that to be true, it's totally predictable and foreseeable for this kind of position-taking.  It's subtle but not hidden because ego isn't hidden, it's expressed for all to see.  You can try to limit what ego is to hide yours through clever redefinition, but at some point people can and will pop-out of any limited definition and intuit what is true beyond all the limiting nonsense of clever wordsmithing and just notice things directly.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

2 hours ago, Joseph Maynor said:

At the end of the day our words salads have the meaning we attribute to them.  Identifying thought is #1 and then what to make of it is #2.  But thought is thought.  I think people try to hide their thought from being considered thought.  We don't need to play games with thought.  We're creatures of thought, all of us.  This turning philosophy into a hide-and-seek game I think is not going to be sustainable when arguments are made that are clearly trying to win something, however tentative and elusive that is cloaked within.  This is why you have to see the ego in the whole "no self" ruse.  If you don't want to do that or want to hide that, then you'll have to defend that for as long as you hold that to be true, it's totally predictable and foreseeable for this kind of position-taking.  It's subtle but not hidden because ego isn't hidden, it's expressed for all to see.  You can try to limit what ego is to hide yours through clever redefinition, but at some point people can and will pop-out of any limited definition and intuit what is true beyond all the limiting nonsense of clever wordsmithing and just notice things directly.

… it’s simultaneously believed there are other selves which know, deny, trick, are stupid, crafty, aging in time, cloakingpersonal truth as The Truth, and will grow out of this at some point in time. 

self-Absorption. 

♥️

2 hours ago, Phil said:

… it’s simultaneously believed there are other selves which know, deny, trick, are stupid, crafty, aging in time, cloakingpersonal truth as The Truth, and will grow out of this at some point in time. 

self-Absorption. 

♥️

Are you self-absorbed @Phil?  You're so worried a lot abut this about other people (than yourself) it caught (captured) my attention.

Edited by Joseph Maynor