Dealing with Existential Pessimism

40 minutes ago, spiritual dreams said:

love, healthy relationships, and being humble

😂 Yes. That’s the point! Probably getting obvious. 

All the ‘consciousness work’, levels of consciousness, spiritual philosophies, kundalini, woke and unwoke people, nothing to do, etc, etc, etc… all egocentric salesmanship, and yes, you can call delusion delusion! 

Life’s supposed to fun. 🙂

3 hours ago, spiritual dreams said:

@Phil Yup you're right. But I do need a break because this forum can be just that. Thanks for the teachings 🙏

You can always make threads about this… 

4 hours ago, spiritual dreams said:

love, healthy relationships, and being humble

Life is kind of that way, you experience more of what you focus on. 

I'm an optimist.  I tend to think labels can be overcome too.  It's your life.  You're not disabled.  You're abled.  You're it.  And it is good and enough.  Don't let words do you.  You do words.  I don't buy into the disability (dis-ability) narrative.  I'm an optimist when it comes to growth.  You have to open yourself up to the possibility of stuff going against the narratives you cling to.  Otherwise your lingo holds you back and sets up a host of trappings.  But you also want to be realistic too.  So I get that.  There's a middle ground to find and be struck there I think.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

4 hours ago, Phil said:

Life’s supposed to fun.

Only when it's fun. You can't say this to me. Yesterday I didn't have food to eat. So I slept hungry. I live from paycheck to paycheck. 

Life is not fun to someone who is deeply suffering.. Maybe fun for you because you have your life together. 

So basically I'm an autistic INFJ BPD sigma Pisces female with anger and CPTSD issues. Wow wow. 

My plate looks full. I Couldn't have been weirder than that. Now I get why I'm so idiosyncratic. 

6 hours ago, Reena said:

Only when it's fun. You can't say this to me. Yesterday I didn't have food to eat. So I slept hungry. I live from paycheck to paycheck. 

Life is not fun to someone who is deeply suffering.. Maybe fun for you because you have your life together. 

6 hours ago, Phil said:

Life is kind of that way, you experience more of what you focus on.