Is "not valuing socializing" a denial?

7 minutes ago, Jonas Long said:

Isolation is really bad psychologically for most people. 

Socializing is really bad psychologically for most people. 

So basically I'm an autistic INFJ BPD sigma Pisces female with anger and CPTSD issues. Wow wow. 

My plate looks full. I Couldn't have been weirder than that. Now I get why I'm so idiosyncratic. 

I don't think I'll ever think that socializing is worth it. I lived in social isolation for many years. 

The peace of mind I experience these days away from the crowds is priceless. 

I don't wanna be greedy. 

So basically I'm an autistic INFJ BPD sigma Pisces female with anger and CPTSD issues. Wow wow. 

My plate looks full. I Couldn't have been weirder than that. Now I get why I'm so idiosyncratic. 

5 minutes ago, Reena said:

I don't think I'll ever think that socializing is worth it. I lived in social isolation for many years. 

I don't wanna be greedy. 

Having friends is like, your birthright.  I get that it's scary, but don't deprive yourself out of fear.  What are you doing all this "self development" work for, if not to overcome fear and have the best life possible? 

46 minutes ago, Reena said:

I don't wanna be greedy. 

In my experience, talking to people more often helps you grow and feel more confidence. You end up facing fears, or triggers come up in social interactions and you have the opportunity to let them relax and healing is the result.

♾️

On 10/13/2023 at 7:22 PM, Phil said:

It’s entirely possible that socializing is being experienced, but, socializing which is generally or typically not accepted - socially. Socializing which society doesn’t per se even consider to be, socializing.

What do you mean by this?

There must be an effortless way.

3 minutes ago, Mandy said:

Sending distance reiki or tonglen for cancer patient you never met while apparently alone in your room. Physical presence or physical communication isn't necessary, it's just a manifestation. You can't opt out, it only seems so. 

This is not really the point of the thread.

"because it's either a "waste of time" "too low consciousness" "not one of their personal values" "it makes you stupid" or some variation of that."

There must be an effortless way.

22 minutes ago, Jonas Long said:

Having friends is like, your birthright.  I get that it's scary, but don't deprive yourself out of fear.  What are you doing all this "self development" work for, if not to overcome fear and have the best life possible? 

I'm doing self development to become a better person so I can serve society in future before I die. That's my final goal. Not to have a better life. 

I always had a shitty life and I'll always have a shitty life. But at least I'll die as a better person than who I am today. 

2 minutes ago, Blessed2 said:

This is not really the point of the thread.

"because it's either a "waste of time" "too low consciousness" "not one of their personal values" "it makes you stupid" or some variation of that."

I was just answering the question you asked Phil, with an example, sorry if that was rude. 

Youtube Channel  

1 minute ago, Mandy said:

I was just answering the question you asked Phil, with an example, sorry if that was rude. 

No it wasn't rude at all. You're good. 

1 minute ago, Blessed2 said:

No not at all rude! Just don't see why Phil would bring that up. Don't see how that fits the subject.

Most questions are either/or questions, "is it this way or is it this way?" Knowing that it's neither or the question was asked based on false assumptions clarifies and then intuition in the moment can take the place of idealism. No one ever finds the answer anyway. You made a thread recently exactly about that, come to think of it, asking the question of why Rupert Spira isn't talking about the rightness or wrongness of premarital sex but religion is. 

Youtube Channel  

14 hours ago, Mandy said:

The false assumption that being alone is superior to socialization is based on the assumption that they are opposites or two seperate alternatives, ideals or choices. They aren't. 

On this forum don't you try to sometimes give practical solutions to improve the quality of life? 

If someone says what do I do about this headache, do you tell them there's no headache really, or absence of headache? 

18 minutes ago, Jonas Long said:

On this forum don't you try to sometimes give practical solutions to improve the quality of life? 

If someone says what do I do about this headache, do you tell them there's no headache really, or absence of headache? 

You can do what you can about something, which is usually happening on its own and it usually looks a lot like common sense or just listening to your body and what it wants. For example, if you're dehydrated and have a headache, drink water, if you have eye strain, go for a walk outside and get off the computer, etc. Listening to the body and common sense solutions don't occur to someone who is lost in suffering. Someone who starts to feel off because they had nothing to drink all day but a red bull can spiral into intense suffering that seems so much more complicated and existential, that the solution of "go drink a glass of water" seems downright offensive to them. I've never had a headache or stomachache that didn't go away without me forgetting I had it. 🤷‍♀️

Youtube Channel