The Gateway, Teal Swan, and the message vs the teacher

Jonas Long

18 minutes ago, Jonas Long said:

It's been acknowledged here that actualized is a cult.  So, cults are a thing.  @Phil even tried to bribe someone with money to take a break from the actualized cult.  Teal Swan has a cult too, just as bad/uhg"discordant"/unfortunate thought spreading.  So, do we want to present her here as a "message", do we also want to share old leo videos strictly for their "message"? 

Cults are groups that have a set of beliefs, and usually some form of exclusion, "we are better, we know better, we are higher, we are smarter, we are wiser, God likes us best, we are God and they are not, God is going to rapture US not them, aliens are going to communicate with US not them, etc". When people are constantly immersed in beliefs, and immersed in very few other groups or social connections they can't see clearly. Funny, this happens through the same way of demonizing outside views, and one's "own" is the only one that is "good" or "safe". Cults are opportunistic caricatures of society's individual obsessed separate selvery, which ironically leadings to group think.  

I've been inviting, begging anyone to share a particular comment if they want to discuss it, but all anyone wants to discuss is the person. Please YES! Share a particular statement, comment, assertion, we will discuss. Maybe it's awesome. Maybe it's really discordant. Who knows. 

Youtube Channel  

6 minutes ago, Mandy said:

Cults are groups that have a set of beliefs, and usually some form of exclusion, "we are better, we know better, we are higher, we are smarter, we are wiser, God likes us best, we are God and they are not, God is going to rapture US not them, aliens are going to communicate with US not them, etc". When people are constantly immersed in beliefs, and immersed in very few other groups or social connections they can't see clearly. Funny, this happens through the same way of demonizing outside views, and one's "own" is the only one that is "good" or "safe". Cults are opportunistic caricatures of society's individual obsessed separate selvery, which ironically leadings to group think.  

I've been inviting, begging anyone to share a particular comment if they want to discuss it, but all anyone wants to discuss is the person. Please YES! Share a particular statement, comment, assertion, we will discuss. Maybe it's awesome. Maybe it's really discordant. Who knows. 

I'm inviting, begging you and anyone to listen to the podcast I suggested.

7 minutes ago, Jonas Long said:

I wouldnt share videos of Bob Jones, I guess.  

Phil often shares a Charles Swindoll quote that most times I have to stop myself from doing the same thing because that was a household name growing up that my mom would swoon over and I think I'd like to never hear it again. But it's a damn good quote. 

"Cancel culture" is all about selves. Fame and power depends on selves. It's all build on a house of sand. That's it. There's no where to go from here. Or it reminds me of the quote off the plate that I never saw my whole life until after my Grandmother died. The plate was there in her house which was right next door to mine, the house I walked into whenever I liked, and it was there the WHOLE TIME but I never noticed it once. 

Youtube Channel  

1 minute ago, Mandy said:

@Jonas Long I really see it as most of the demonization is that she's stepped into a role that someone of her gender is thought not to be believed capable of handling. 

It doesn't interest me to discuss it.

There ARE no roles. 

I'm just as critical of men like leo! 

Fine, don't discuss this then! 

Anyone else wanna? 

2 minutes ago, Mandy said:

@Jonas Long I really see it as most of the demonization is that she's stepped into a role that someone of her gender is thought not to be believed capable of handling. 

I don't see this at all, the main reason she's demonized is because she gives off the same red flags most cult leaders give off. Not because she's a woman lol. 

There's plenty of respected female spiritual teachers out there.

♾️

4 minutes ago, Mandy said:

Honest question though, how do I know it's not manufactured spliced voice clips? Or taken out of context?

Because she is on it, engaging in conversation with the Podcaster.  I guess there's only one way for you to judge it for yourself.  I think I have a pretty ok head on my shoulders and can sniff out fakery pretty well, and i went into it with with totally clean slate, not know who Teal Swan even was. That's all I got. 

Edited by Jonas Long

2 minutes ago, Mandy said:

@Jonas Long I'm really not trying to convince you or anyone else that anything you believe about her is inaccurate and I really have no set opinion myself. Curious though, are you also against any and all Osho quotes and Jesus quotes sharing?

Not a fan of Osho, personally. Again, he's dead, so, "safe", in a way.  It would be much more comparable to someone like leo, who's videos would seem odd to be shared here, as containing a type of message. 

Edited by Jonas Long