Music

MazE

Released in 1985.  Wow, this album was hugely influential.

Joey Belladonna — Lead vocals

Dan Spitz — lead guitar, backing vocals

Scott Ian — rhythm guitar, backing vocals

Frank Bello — bass, backing vocals

Charlie Benante — drums

//
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-RTh6_Umog

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Released in 1970.  One of the best Rock albums of all time.  Geezer Butler is beyond on fire on this album on bass.  Just beyond Lightning in a bottle haha.  This version of this album is very good too — very nice Remaster of this album!

Ozzy Osbourne – vocals
Tony Iommi – rhythm guitar and lead guitar
Geezer Butler – bass
Bill Ward – drums
//

https://youtu.be/o6PYsKoZLzI

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Released in 1979.  Nice and loud!  Lightning in a bottle album.  You can tell Van Halen was influenced by the backing vocals style in "Girls Got Rhythm" especially on their second album.  Maybe because both these albums were released in 1979.  I'm not sure but I hear a similar musical idea there.  I like Malcolm Young's simple but effective rhythm guitar riffs (nice mix/marriage of chord stabs and simple riffs).  He's a genius rhythm guitar player.  I can tell Saxon was influenced by "Get It Hot".  It's interesting how similar Angus Young and Eddie Clarke's (Motorhead) lead guitar styles are!  Both are genius level lead guitar players.  I really like the song 'If You Want Blood (You've Got It)'.  Effective use of rhythm guitar chord stabs and simple riffs in 'Love Hungry Man'.

Bon Scott – lead vocals
Angus Young – lead guitar
Malcolm Young – rhythm guitar, backing vocals
Cliff Williams – bass, backing vocals
Phil Rudd – drums
//

Released in 1969.  Nice and loud!  I can tell Van Halen was heavily influenced by this album.  Lightning in a bottle album.  I can hear a strong Jeff Beck influence on Jimmy Page.  Jimmy Page level is a genius rhythm guitar and lead guitar player.  This entire lineup is top notch as exemplified on this album.   John Paul Jones is on fire on this album on bass!  What a master on bass.  I like his clean style too.  He sounds like a Jazz bassist.  I can tell Lemmy (Motorhead) was influenced by him.  Reminds me of Jack Bruce (Cream), Geezer Butler (Black Sabbath), and Geddy Lee (Rush).  You can hear a line of influence there for sure in terms of bass stylings.  John Bonham is one of my favorite drummers.  Top notch album.  This album was heavily influenced by "Truth (1968)" by Jeff Beck.  I can tell Eddie Van Halen was heavily influenced by Jimmy Page -- you can hear this on 'Heartbreaker'.

Robert Plant – lead and backing vocals
Jimmy Page – rhythm guitar and lead guitar, theremin, backing vocals
John Paul Jones – bass, organ, backing vocals
John Bonham – drums, backing vocals
//

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7T4LnsuB9Ms

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Recorded in 1967.  One of my favorite albums.  Jimi Hendrix is finally on YouTube!  For a long time he wasn't.  Nice and loud too!   Probably the best electric guitar player of all time.  Beyond genius level.  Mitch Mitchell is one of my favorite drummers.  Supergroup trio.  Set that high bar for future heavy Rock bands, especially trios like Motorhead and many more.  I can hear a huge transfer of influence of Jimi Hendrix to Eddie Van Halen, but Eddie Van Halen expanded many things and sounds and so on.  It's fascinating to me to listen to this album.  This is 1967!  The Jimi Hendrix Experience was key to heavier Rock evolution.  Beyond blueprint; this is a sonic philosophy.  'Purple Haze' is phenomenal -- so much of heavier Rock comes out of this song which functions kind of like a blueprint.  This band was something else for sure!  Magical.  'Wild Thing' is beyond next level as a song.  Just experience it.  I know Eddie Van Halen studied Jimi Hendrix like university.  And it was all good too.  What a transfer of influence!  I like the use of noise rock/space rock on 'Wild Thing', Motorhead made huge use of that influence.  I can hear Motorhead come out of this one track alone.

Jimi Hendrix – rhythm guitar and lead guitar, vocals
Noel Redding – bass
Mitch Mitchell – drums
//
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLwl83FtM2x-cmySbATxu288XGyb2kL-2u

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Recorded in 1970.  One of my favorite albums.  Billy Cox is on fire on this album on bass.  Jimi Hendrix is just beyond genius on rhythm guitar and lead guitar on this album.  'Voodoo Child (Slight Return)' is next level amazing!

Jimi Hendrix – rhythm guitar and lead guitar, vocals
Billy Cox – bass
Mitch Mitchell – drums
//
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLwl83FtM2x-cbQPD1ZM-LkcetZf2yoY31

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Released in 1981.  One of my favorite albums.  Phil Lesh sings the top part of the 3-part (sometimes 4-part) vocal harmonies.  Released in 1981.  One of my favorite albums.   Phil Lesh sings the top part of the 3-part (sometimes 4-part) vocal harmonies.  Brent Mydland can hit that high vocal range too.  Sometimes you hear that twin high vocals part -- and sometimes Brent Mydland sings the high part alone.  Very mature album.  It's cool how Jerry Garcia and David Crosby's vocals kinda sound alike.  There's two drummers/percussionists playing on this album at the same time.  Mickey Hart plays congas drums as well as the drum kit -- he's a master (next level) percussionist.   It gives that "sound of rolling thunder" the Grateful Dead is known for.

Jerry Garcia – lead guitar, lead and backing vocals
Bob Weir – rhythm guitar, lead and backing vocals
Brent Mydland – keyboards, backing vocals
Phil Lesh – bass, backing vocals
Bill Kreutzmann – drums
Mickey Hart – drums, percussion
//

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Can you feel the forces rolling?
Rolling to a point of origin
Can you taste, the air is changing?
Changing fast and you are jumping in

Art is a weapon, you follow it so blindly
He promised you the sky, and you believed the journey
You lift your spirit high, the road is full of losers
You smile at the divine, but it's all just a story
Full of lies and deceptions

Lies and deceptions
Lies and deceptions
Lies and deceptions

Stop looking at evolution
Some stuff are just meant to be
There's nothing wrong with the way you're acting
You wanted change and he will set your free

Art is a weapon, you follow it so blindly
He promised you the sky and you believed the journey
You lift your spirit high, the road is full of losers
You smile at the divine, but it's all just a story

Lies and deceptions
Lies and deceptions
Lies and deceptions

But it's all just a story

Lies and deceptions
Lies and deceptions
Lies and deceptions

I think "He" is the preacher.

4201 is my number

Released in 1967.  The Grateful Dead's first studio album.  One of my favorite albums.   Ron McKernan is on fire on this album on organ.  Bob Weir sounds so young on lead vocals on this album (tracks 2 and 8 and co-lead vocals with Jerry on 9).

Jerry Garcia – lead guitar, lead and backing vocals
Bob Weir – rhythm guitar, lead and backing vocals
Ron McKernan – organ, harmonica, lead vocals
Phil Lesh – bass, backing vocals
Bill Kreutzmann – drums, percussion
//

Edited by Joseph Maynor