will of the heart

ivankiss

14 minutes ago, ivankiss said:

I mean, this is obviously an absolute blessing from the Universe. How the heck would this friend of mine know that I'm in need of a job, and not only that, but even more in need of a place to stay...? It's too perfect to be a coincidence.

Wow, wonderful! I don't believe in coincidences. 😊

I think it truly is an offer from the universe. A job AND a place to stay. Yeah, absolutely.  However, it's now your choice if you take it or not.

You're a thought. Do you think a thought is going to occupy 'no thought'.

The 'changeless' can be realized only when the 
ever-changing thought-flow stops.

@ivankiss No harm in trying it out, right? 

A few months ago, I had the universe throwing this job at me in more ways then one and I was saying, hm, nah, because on paper it seemed like it wasn't quite what I was looking for (I won't bore you with the specifics).

So, I passed it up...then, it was advertised on Indeed job search and I didn't realize it was the same job, because the company name wasn't advertised. I applied and got an auto-response that they weren't interested. Then, two days later got a phone call apologizing for the "error" and asking would I please interview.

When I was sent the invite to the Zoom interview I realized it was at the same company and job, the universe had been trying to throw this job at me for over a month! 

Long story, but this is my current employer. I've been with them for 2 months now. I'm making great wages and I work remote. So, so far so good. The universe did a good job.👍

@Faith Awesome. The Universe sure has its ways haha! 

I want to trust and have faith fully again, but there is this wounded part of me that got burnt badly the last time I let go completely, so it's kinda holding me back a bit. It's going to be a process, but I know I'll get there. Just need to be there for myself. Love and understand myself. 

Super glad I started this journal, btw. Thanks for all the support.

Earlier I won 50€ out of nowhere haha!

My grandmother frequently buys those scratch-off lucky tickets, so today I decided to buy one too. And it was a nice winner.

Immediately felt lots of gratitude and almost the urge to give some back. Later, as I was walking through the city centre, I saw this busker that was rocking a keyboard, so I gave him a few euros. Felt great. I got a taste of that magic, once again haha!

To say yes to one instance, is to say yes to all of existence.

@ivankiss Yes, it may not be perfect, but it might just be what you need as a steeping stone? I had a job fall into my lap a couple years ago that was a stepping stone for the one I have now. I needed some of the experience I got from that job for my current one. Did I know that then, nope, but in hindsight it was perfect, even though it wasn't permanent. 

4 minutes ago, ivankiss said:

Earlier I won 50€ out of nowhere haha!

Congrats! 

16 minutes ago, ivankiss said:

Thanks for all the support.

You betcha! 😊

@Faith Definitely. Any job I'd get right now would be a stepping stone. I mainly want to save up to invest into my visions. But this job is truly a blessing, because I'm getting that hotel room, free food, etc. I'm also excited about gaining more experience as a receptionist.

Confirmed to my friend that I want the job earlier. Waiting for him to respond with more details about the interview. As I understood yesterday, it's pretty urgent, so I'd be starting within a few days.

Got the job!

Moving into the hotel tomorrow morning, starting to work right away. If everything goes right, after one week I'm signing a contract till October. Exactly how long I was planning on staying in this region.

The hotel is super fancy, indeed. 5 starts. Very nice ambiance and beautiful views. They have pools and a gym - which is super important to me. It's the full package. Everything I now need, on one spot.

What a blessing!

46723866.jpg

a4e43480_z.jpg

To hide from fear is to be in fear. Hence the feeling of being inferior.

It is not loving instead of being sad.

It is loving the one who is sad.

It is not loving instead of being angry.

It is loving the one who is angry.

It is not loving instead of grieving.

It is loving the one who is grieving.

It is not loving instead of being in fear.

It is loving the one who is in fear.

6 hours ago, ivankiss said:

Got the job!

How exciting! Congratulations 🎊 👏 

Sounds nice and if it's 5 star the food should be good also! I love my remote job, but I'm sorta jealous. When you aren't working it will hopefully be like you're on vacation!😄

@Faith Thanks!

Yeah, it's crazy, less than three weeks ago I was pretty sure I'll be homeless for a while, and now I'm staying and working in a 5 star hotel haha!

Hopefully they'll be satisfied with me, and I with the job.

Would love to work remotely one day, so I'm a bit jealous too haha! It's a few more steps ahead, but I'm sure I'll get there somehow.

2 hours ago, ivankiss said:

Yeah, it's crazy, less than three weeks ago I was pretty sure I'll be homeless for a while, and now I'm staying and working in a 5 star hotel haha!

Haha, yeah, that's pretty ironic I must say!

2 hours ago, ivankiss said:

Would love to work remotely one day, so I'm a bit jealous

Yeah, it is pretty sweet, not gonna lie. 

I had to do get a couple certifications which required some remote schooling to be able to land a remote job. Just my nursing license wasn't enough with all the competition. 

Anyways, If there's a will there's a way! 

Hey, what ocean is in your hotel pic?

How far is this hotel from where you're at now? 

@Faith I see. I was thinking of getting some certification too. A good entry would be online English tutoring, data entry jobs or something along those lines. I could combine that with trading and music pretty well, I think. Will see...

The hotel is located on the coast of the Adriatic sea. It's not far from where I am now... approximately 40km.

Edited by ivankiss

@ivankiss Those are good ideas. Also, I know that here in the states they have remote interpreter/translator jobs.

Since I had home health nursing and management experience I got certified in ICD-10 coding and Oasis review. That all home health agencies need and just so happens most of those roles are remote. 

That's good it's close to where you are! I've never heard of the Adriatic sea, but my geography kinda sucks, lol. So, I looked it up and saw many countries bourder it!

Adriatic_Sea_map.png.e11e7928ff5c112c00478a1807b50c24.png

@Mandy Thank you!

@Faith Great! Happy for you!

As I mentioned before, remote jobs are not at all common where I live. Rarely any company offers such opportunities here. Becoming an entrepreneur/freelancer is also much more challenging than in the states - I'd say. 

My dream is to be decentralized - travel and work from anywhere in the world, on my laptop. Hopefully I get there soon haha!

Currently staying in Portorose, Slovenia - to be more precise. It's a nice area, but it's not really my thing. Not too big of a fan of that Mediterranean vibe.