What is a thought?

35 minutes ago, ConsciousDreamer666 said:

It might seem a nonsensical question but I truly wonder.

What really is a thought? Is it awareness but in a limited way? 

Because I have never 'seen' a thought.

Is just like a conceptual compression in consciousness.

Something really weird. 

Ime: 

The way thought works is its reflective / memory. It captures sensation and can reflect them back but in finite increments. 

To put it in the spheres language: the lens is inspired by the world, then the lens inspires change in the world 🌎

"Mediocrity is gone. Mind is clear of limitation. I seek no state of enlightenment. Neither do I remain where no enlightenment exists. Since I linger in neither condition, eyes cannot see me. If hundreds of birds strew my path with flowers, such praise would be meaningless."

A Comment on the 8th Ox Herding Picture

I have a locket with portraits of my son and his sister that my son drew when he was five years old. Mistaking the photos for my actual kids would be disregarding suffering, (discord).  Enjoying the innocent cartoon like representation of them would be aligned thought. 

Thought is a caricature, a cartoon, a crude drawing, it seems to be a representation, but really has nothing to do with any separate thing, the only reality of it is the love, joy and creativity. 

Youtube Channel  

Posted (edited)

What came in mind first was that thought = "this, not that".

Thought always implies this, not that.

But then I wonder that if there isn't this nor that, how can thought imply "this, not that"? What "this" is thought pointing to?

Now I wonder if all thought is really just implying what isn't there. That every thought is actually false, like a false reality.

Or not really even false per se, just what isn't there.

Edited by Blessed2

There must be an effortless way.

2 hours ago, ConsciousDreamer666 said:

The I that has never seen a thought;  has never been seen either.

As these concepts are known never seen.

Seeing never sees itself in the same context the sun never shines on itself.

The only answer to the question is already contained in the question...a thought is nought but a thought, conceptually known, and never seen.

Thought is a representation of your cognition. 

So basically I'm an autistic INFJ BPD sigma Pisces female with anger and CPTSD issues. Wow wow. 

My plate looks full. I Couldn't have been weirder than that. Now I get why I'm so idiosyncratic. 

20 hours ago, Mandy said:

I have a locket with portraits of my son and his sister that my son drew when he was five years old. Mistaking the photos for my actual kids would be disregarding suffering, (discord).  Enjoying the innocent cartoon like representation of them would be aligned thought. 

Thought is a caricature, a cartoon, a crude drawing, it seems to be a representation, but really has nothing to do with any separate thing, the only reality of it is the love, joy and creativity. 

19 hours ago, Blessed2 said:

What came in mind first was that thought = "this, not that".

Thought always implies this, not that.

But then I wonder that if there isn't this nor that, how can thought imply "this, not that"? What "this" is thought pointing to?

Now I wonder if all thought is really just implying what isn't there. That every thought is actually false, like a false reality.

Or not really even false per se, just what isn't there.

19 hours ago, Jane said:

The I that has never seen a thought;  has never been seen either.

As these concepts are known never seen.

Seeing never sees itself in the same context the sun never shines on itself.

The only answer to the question is already contained in the question...a thought is nought but a thought, conceptually known, and never seen.

18 hours ago, Phil said:

If infinite intelligence drew a circle in infinite intelligence it could seem like there are finite thoughts and not infinite intelligence. 

7 hours ago, Enlightened Cat said:

Whatever it is, isn't, because that would be another thought.

Try to find what a thought is without thinking!

How come it seems thoughts have power over Consciousness? (me)

It seems thought has the power to 'bring me down'. How to regain the power?

How do I stop believing thoughts as 'myself'? 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, ConsciousDreamer666 said:

Sit with them intently and watch them appear and disappear. Dark/dim room is best. Don't shy away from them.

There is nothing to stop because unicorns can't believe in thoughts. You couldn't believe in thoughts either, there is just the experience of that thought, too.

Trying to "stop believing in thoughts" is like trying to hunt unicorns. You can't stop believing in thoughts without any thoughts present, because the idea that you have to stop believing in thoughts is itself a thought.

1 hour ago, ConsciousDreamer666 said:

This is only how an assumption about thoughts could feel presently, because thoughts point to nothing and don't exist. You assume they point to something, and that assuming feels like whatever you assume. It only takes a moment to focus on the feeling thought creates, and then realize that nothing in your thought could cause that feeling because you are not in the thought.

Edited by Enlightened Cat

Describe a thought.

2 hours ago, ConsciousDreamer666 said:

Power isn't possessed by anyone, there is no separate between creation and you, so all there is is creativity itself. "You're so free you can choose bondage." 

What's missed is the one thought at a time, THIS thought now. The power is only ever now, but we write over that power, forget the now, in thinking it is possessed by people, in the past, future, elsewhere, etc. 

Youtube Channel  

5 hours ago, ConsciousDreamer666 said:

Had the power, lost the power, how to regain the power… is a narrative about a self in time. It’s like asking ‘how can the clouds shine again?’.

Acknowledge powerlessness as how some thoughts feel, and note whether it resonates or not, rather than look for or expect a ‘thoughts answer’. 

On 5/2/2024 at 10:00 AM, ConsciousDreamer666 said:

Something really weird. 

Just relax meditating, it's not conceptual. Conceptually it's just a bird song, or sound of rain, exactly the same - you.

One thought at time, choose thinking that feels great, otherwise listen to rain, relax 😊

On 5/2/2024 at 12:00 PM, ConsciousDreamer666 said:

Because it is the biggest illusion. There is, was, will never you, therefore thoughts. Now is before so called birth.

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Enlightened Cat said:

Sit with them intently and watch them appear and disappear. Dark/dim room is best. Don't shy away from them.

There is nothing to stop because unicorns can't believe in thoughts. You couldn't believe in thoughts either, there is just the experience of that thought, too.

Trying to "stop believing in thoughts" is like trying to hunt unicorns. You can't stop believing in thoughts without any thoughts present, because the idea that you have to stop believing in thoughts is itself a thought.

This is only how an assumption about thoughts could feel presently, because thoughts point to nothing and don't exist. You assume they point to something, and that assuming feels like whatever you assume. It only takes a moment to focus on the feeling thought creates, and then realize that nothing in your thought could cause that feeling because you are not in the thought.

11 hours ago, Mandy said:

Power isn't possessed by anyone, there is no separate between creation and you, so all there is is creativity itself. "You're so free you can choose bondage." 

What's missed is the one thought at a time, THIS thought now. The power is only ever now, but we write over that power, forget the now, in thinking it is possessed by people, in the past, future, elsewhere, etc. 

7 hours ago, Phil said:

Had the power, lost the power, how to regain the power… is a narrative about a self in time. It’s like asking ‘how can the clouds shine again?’.

Acknowledge powerlessness as how some thoughts feel, and note whether it resonates or not, rather than look for or expect a ‘thoughts answer’. 

3 hours ago, Dima said:

Just relax meditating, it's not conceptual. Conceptually it's just a bird song, or sound of rain, exactly the same - you.

One thought at time, choose thinking that feels great, otherwise listen to rain, relax 😊

2 hours ago, James123 said:

Because it is the biggest illusion. There is, was, will never you, therefore thoughts. Now is before so called birth.

I´m sure your advices are very useful but im going to be very specific.

I have an humiliation kink where I pay girls to mock me and humiliate me and take money from me. While it last I enjoy it a lot, I feel truly at the peaks of love and consciousness.

But when time passes and I remember those same women posting in social media I start to have the kind of thoughts I mean.

Is a kind of thoughts of utter complete pain, of almost annihilation, the funny thing is... I truly can not see what the thoughts are 'saying'.

Today I was sitting very mindful of the thoughts, I was trying to get close to that nucleus of pain, to that karmic content, trying to see what really the thought is about.

But I can not see it. I don´t understand why is there. There just seem to be this message of the thought of saying to me 'You are complete shit. just accept it, look at the facts, she´s mocking you. She's showing the money she took from you'.

Of course is completely relative, I chosed to play this game-kink with this woman, but the fact that is this kind of karmic repetitive very very sticky thought has been welded into my consciousness since I can remember.

I even have a theory this kind of thought ("you are shit"), does not even come from my life but past life or karmic memory. 

I am contemplating stopping the yoga kriya practice, is complete useless for me to have amazing trascendental states but at the end of the day I can not really destroy this thought for good.

If this kind of karmic thought would be dismantled my life would be heaven. Really, like there´s really no other problem in my life but this fucking shitty karmic thought which seems impossible to understand or dismantle. 

For some reason this kind of thought wants to tell me im utterly inferior and shit and is impossible to not belief it, it has a lot of 'proofs' always to make me believe it 100%. 

Edited by ConsciousDreamer666

4 minutes ago, ConsciousDreamer666 said:

trying to see what really the thought is about.

Nothing. It's about nothing. This is the thought! Try to see what a thought is about, without thinking! Thoughts simply aren't there until you start thinking they are.

5 minutes ago, ConsciousDreamer666 said:

I was trying to get close to that nucleus of pain, to that karmic content

This is like trying to get close to unicorns. You aren't a unicorn hunter. A unicorn hunter exists in the same realm as unicorns; thought. You can't get close to the contents of thought, unless you believe yourself to be inside of a thought.

Where does "karmic content", and "nucleus of pain" go, when you aren't thinking? Inspect it without thinking.

8 minutes ago, ConsciousDreamer666 said:

'You are complete shit. just accept it, look at the facts, she´s mocking you. She's showing the money she took from you'.

The thought appears as that. Subsequently, assumptions appear about this thought, and those assumptions are thoughts about the initial thought. The assumption is essentially that the initial thought isn't a thought, but that it actually points to something real. It's a house of thoughts/cards. Sit with that thought and watch it appear and disappear. Notice how the feeling is synonymous with the thought, and disappears with the thought.

You can't be inside of something you are viewing. You can't read a story while being in the story. 

14 minutes ago, ConsciousDreamer666 said:

but the fact that is this kind of karmic repetitive very very sticky thought has been welded into my consciousness since I can remember.

Anything thought-related, is thought. No exceptions. Trace the thought back. When was it ever, not a thought?

15 minutes ago, ConsciousDreamer666 said:

I can not really destroy this thought for good.

This is a thought. Destroying thoughts is for unicorn hunters. In order to destroy thoughts, you must be thinking. You caught yourself in a catch-22! In order to hunt unicorns, you must be thinking of unicorns!

17 minutes ago, ConsciousDreamer666 said:

I even have a theory this kind of thought ("you are shit"), does not even come from my life but past life or karmic memory. 

Watch the theory disappear when you stop thinking of it. Look at moments in your life where there are "lapses" in thoughts or period of "no thought." Like drifting into sleep, or immediately upon waking up. Notice the clarity and peacefulness before thoughts rush in and obstruct. Become obsessed with those moments. Look to observe them and recreate them.

18 minutes ago, ConsciousDreamer666 said:

like there´s really no other problem in my life but this fucking shitty karmic thought which seems impossible to understand or dismantle. 

Unicorns can't be understood. Just let them vanish. Understanding is the very perpetuation of unicorns. Understanding is the very perpetuation of said "karma."

Describe a thought.

Posted (edited)
On 5/2/2024 at 4:00 AM, ConsciousDreamer666 said:

Something really weird. 

When I had my awakening I realized that all thought is illusory- the only thing that is "real" is Being.  Being or isness is first order.   Thought is second order.  Now one could say that Being and thought are one and they would be correct.   But thought is imagination.   And what is the dream?  Its illusory.  You are the dream but first order dictates that you are the dreamer foremost.

Edited by Robed Mystic

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Enlightened Cat said:

Nothing. It's about nothing. This is the thought! Try to see what a thought is about, without thinking! Thoughts simply aren't there until you start thinking they are.

This is like trying to get close to unicorns. You aren't a unicorn hunter. A unicorn hunter exists in the same realm as unicorns; thought. You can't get close to the contents of thought, unless you believe yourself to be inside of a thought.

Where does "karmic content", and "nucleus of pain" go, when you aren't thinking? Inspect it without thinking.

The thought appears as that. Subsequently, assumptions appear about this thought, and those assumptions are thoughts about the initial thought. The assumption is essentially that the initial thought isn't a thought, but that it actually points to something real. It's a house of thoughts/cards. Sit with that thought and watch it appear and disappear. Notice how the feeling is synonymous with the thought, and disappears with the thought.

You can't be inside of something you are viewing. You can't read a story while being in the story. 

Anything thought-related, is thought. No exceptions. Trace the thought back. When was it ever, not a thought?

This is a thought. Destroying thoughts is for unicorn hunters. In order to destroy thoughts, you must be thinking. You caught yourself in a catch-22! In order to hunt unicorns, you must be thinking of unicorns!

Watch the theory disappear when you stop thinking of it. Look at moments in your life where there are "lapses" in thoughts or period of "no thought." Like drifting into sleep, or immediately upon waking up. Notice the clarity and peacefulness before thoughts rush in and obstruct. Become obsessed with those moments. Look to observe them and recreate them.

Unicorns can't be understood. Just let them vanish. Understanding is the very perpetuation of unicorns. Understanding is the very perpetuation of said "karma."

Thought is nothing more than imagination.   And what is imagination but illusion.   Love the name by the way.   The enlightened cat represents the animal among us that rises above its culture to find awakening despite - despite all of the negative obstacles that attempt to prevent awakening.   It is the cat that ultimately prevails in finding God.   

Edited by Robed Mystic