Is this the bondage of self?

Blessed2

"I" is just the thought "I".

It seems like the thought is about me or that the thought "I" is me because that's what the thought implies/creates.

But it's not me. It's just the thought "I".

So self cannot get out of self. It's like a closed system.

And 'within' that thought "I", everything is about I. Like tinted glasses that paints all red. An entire universe is created within that thought "I".

And so you can't get out of it because you're never in it.

It's just innocently picked up at some point and then it overrides everything. Like a brain-parasite that takes hold of you by appearing as if it's you.

Edited by Blessed2

There must be an effortless way.

The no-self stuff is a self-created problem.  A self-created bondage in trying to excise the I from the self.  It's an obsession that just leads to more obsessing.  I would move on to some other obsession.  You're going to spend your whole life obsessing about no-self.  I think we've done this enough most of us on here.  I would get whatever you need to learn there and move on.  There's a lot more to do in life that is actually important.  Apply the teachings you already have grokked.  No need to keep talking about it -- because that becomes what you're doing, talking about being bound by the I.  Well, yeah!  It's got you.  There has to be some movement out of that halting stage at some point where you can chop wood and carry water.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Yes.

3 hours ago, Blessed2 said:

It seems like the thought is about me or that the thought "I" is me because that's what the thought implies/creates.

Implies yes, yet not creates, sans perhaps ‘creates’ an experience of a self referential belief loop, which is essentially not-creating, as the “I” (believed) is the misidentification which is the obscuring of creator-creating-creation. Obscures as in is the ‘getting in the way’ or preferences manifesting. 

It’s exactly a closed system. A self referential loop. (There is no self inside of any thing at all.)

”The kingdom is within”.

Wild how it totally seems like you’re in it though isn’t it?

Truly, how amazing are you!?

And 'within' that thought "I", everything is about I.

Oh God yes, everything is about the me. Without one there isn’t the other; not two. 🙂

Like tinted glasses that paints all red. An entire universe is created within that thought "I".

Yes!

Yes!

It's just innocently picked up at some point and then it overrides everything. Like a brain-parasite that takes hold of you by appearing as if it's you.

Of course I’m a self absorbed semantical emotionally retared neo-advaitan nondualist teacher stuck in tier 1, but  even it’s innocently picked up is saying too much about an I and innocence. 

3 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

The no-self stuff is a self-created problem.  A self-created bondage in trying to excise the I from the self.  It's an obsession that just leads to more obsessing.  I would move on to some other obsession.

No self no problem. 

@Blessed2

Amazing how “the universe” shows “you” so readily, clearly and immediately, isn’t it!? 

Ever-present immediate and most intimate aliveness. 

And 'within' that thought "I", everything is about I. Like tinted glasses that paints all red. An entire universe is created within that thought "I".

7 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

I would move on to some other obsession.

Too funny! Much love!!!

26 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

The no-self stuff

Honestly, the only place I've ever heard about "no-self" (that term) is Actualized.org. It's interesting why the message is turned into a such concept. I wonder if it's used anywhere else. In buddhism maybe?

There's a different flavor to "no-self" vs. "there is no you" imo.

It might be coming from the belief that there is facets or things to awaken to, or that there are teachers teaching teachings. "No-self" being a specific facet, realization or teaching. Like some concept to learn or teach.

There must be an effortless way.