Is this the bondage of self?

Blessed2

On 3/6/2024 at 2:54 PM, Blessed2 said:

"I" is just the thought "I".

It seems like the thought is about me or that the thought "I" is me because that's what the thought implies/creates.

But it's not me. It's just the thought "I".

So self cannot get out of self. It's like a closed system.

And 'within' that thought "I", everything is about I. Like tinted glasses that paints all red. An entire universe is created within that thought "I".

And so you can't get out of it because you're never in it.

It's just innocently picked up at some point and then it overrides everything. Like a brain-parasite that takes hold of you by appearing as if it's you.

I=universe. An attachment with one thought brings back entire duality. Sit, lay back and just watch the show.

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

Posted (edited)

"You see duality because you're looking from duality."

You see what's not there because you're looking as what's not there.

And you can not not see duality while looking from duality.

A closed system!

And therein it's not me.

You can't get out cause you were never in.

Edited by Blessed2

There must be an effortless way.

On 3/9/2024 at 11:18 AM, Someone here said:

@Phil how can you refer to yourself as I while claiming there is no self ? 

Simple innocent question. 

No need for warning. 

There is no second or separate self. 

That there is a separate self ‘here’, referring to ‘itself’… is actually the direct assumption I am a separate finite self”, “and so there are other separate finite selves”. 

Put another way, the separate or second self is not actually a self, but is thoughts about a separate or second self, believed / identified with.

Just like unicorn; “it” is just a thought, not a thing or an entity. 

The truth, that there is no second or separate self, recontextualized as “a no self teaching”, is conjecture, which is from the illusory perspective of / as, a separate self, and is indicative of suppressed emotion, which is indicative of suppressed trauma. It’s the so called finite mind’s attempt to ‘make sense’ of the suppression. 

Same as “neo-advaita”, the “new no second or separate self”. There’s nothing “new”, it’s literally just more appearing thoughts, believed, and deflection & projection. 

“Neo-advaita” is a conceptualization of Advaita (not two; no second-ness, no second or separate self). 

The conceptualization is inclusion of an illusory separate self, and is denial, the believing of thoughts to the contrary, of the truth of, of no (separate / second self), or more simply put, nonduality. 

“New not two” & “no self teaching” are conceptualizations on behalf of an illusory second or separate self - the knower, or, understander, which Truth (consciousness, love, reality) obliterates. 

That there is a second or separate self, and or neo advaita, is just as delusional as being a unicorn. 

The so called body identified with is in actuality a world-sphere. The so called finite mind identified by, is in actuality a lens-sphere. 

On 3/9/2024 at 2:27 AM, Blessed2 said:

It's heartbreaking how many of us believe those thoughts. It's miserable to be swept in those thoughts. 

Though not really heartbreaking, since there is no time and hence no-one is believing those thoughts and being swept anywhere.

These two statements appear to contradict.  

The self-referential thought "system" filters everything through it's closed logic, and puts everything it encounters to it's own context.

Like for example, the message of non-duality. It's filtered through and instantly (and probably inevitably) put in context of time.

1 hour ago, Blessed2 said:

The self-referential thought "system" filters everything through it's closed logic, and puts everything it encounters to it's own context.

Like for example, the message of non-duality. It's filtered through and instantly (and probably inevitably) put in context of time.

If time doesn't exist why do we need clocks?

5 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

If time doesn't exist why do we need clocks?

Did I say that time doesn't exist?

And do we really need clocks? How did we survive before clocks were invented?

Only what's not really there can dwell in what's not really there.

23 minutes ago, Blessed2 said:

Did I say that time doesn't exist?

And do we really need clocks? How did we survive before clocks were invented?

Only what's not really there can dwell in what's not really there.

I thought one of the Neo-Advaita beliefs is that time doesn't exist.

8 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Replace Neo-Advaita with Nonduality then.  

Nonduality doesn't hold a belief that time doesn't exist.  But nobody is experiencing time.  There would have to be a subject to experience it.  You can observe time and your "self", the one who experiences them is not what you are.   The observer who observes time can not be observed, therefor is not a subject. 

Edited by Jonas Long

26 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

I thought one of the Neo-Advaita beliefs is that time doesn't exist.

I'm just sharing whatever cool ideas / inspirations come in mind in this thread. I'm not trying to teach or build any philosophical system here.

I don't know if there is time or not, I don't know what non-duality means, I don't know if there is a self-referential thought system. Something just feels good and is fun and I share it here.