Why is reality "dense " ?

Someone here

24 minutes ago, WhiteOwl said:

When you say it like that. Do you mean that different thoughts make a different experience? 

Just that ‘word play’ is a thought, or is an experience of a thought. 

In that any appearing thought can be focused on or not (‘let go’), it is really the aspect of focus which makes for different experiences. 

20 minutes ago, Someone here said:

No I'm not talking about separation. 

By existence I mean that which is . It can't be defined because it is that which  appears as the very definition. 

‘It’ seems to imply something else. That definitions are apparent isn’t a reason that which is can’t be defined, as ‘definitions’ is a thought experienced, and the thought exists as in stands apart, but isn’t actually separate. 

Like I said I'm not using the word exist to mean separation.  Just the mere fact of its either "there " or not "there ".

There’s an experience of the thoughts ‘there’ and ‘not there’. 

But perception wise there is neither a there nor a not there experienced. Only ‘here’ as it were. (Also a thought).  

Only if the case were that there is separation, such as a separate object or some actually separate thing, could there then be some thing there or not there. 

My IPhone is there .it exists . Santa cluase isn't there .

In that sense ‘my iphone’ is a thought, which seems to label a separate thing or object ‘in’ perception, or - ‘there’. 

While ‘unicorn’ is a thought which isn’t believed to label a separate thing or object, and so whether the thought labels any ‘thing’ naturally isn’t questioned. 

Separate or not separate from what exactly?  There is only reality .it's not separate from itself .that doesn't make sense .

It’s not a matter of from what, but rather whether there is or isn’t separation. “It” and “itself” seem to imply a separation. 

@Someone here

It’s ok. 🤍

Imo, keep questioning / asking questions as that’s what dispels beliefs (unfettering) and clarity & happiness naturally shine.

I definitely don’t mean this as any kind of fault or dig, but there is a whole warped or twisted personal belief paradigm purported as truth or spirituality which is actually just suppression to be questioned & dispelled, on top of ‘regular’ conditioning. That paradigm is as manipulative and deceptive as it gets in that it also twists the conditioning into the conjecture. It’s very unfortunate. 

I would just say daily meditation is the way, and it is, but observationally I suspect there’s so much ‘twisted up’ that might be unrealistic and prove to be extremely challenging. 

Also if it’s really about something practical like a ‘how to’ life wise, be sure to say so, discuss, etc. 

Much love!

🙏🏼

Reality is both a team effort and a one person game.  Both and not either or.  And neither too.  There's differing perspectives we can "rabbit-hole" but to see the biggest picture of all comes down to you.  You are the boss on some level.  You don't need to ask.  Listen.  Observe.  What do you think?  Respect that on some level.  You want to wobble the closed vs./and open duality and the cycles that accompany that that we're all aware of.  You don't want to get into the business of trying to control reality to suit you entirely.  The issue is more complex than that.  But that simple thing is part of it too.  How you feel in your life and in your body is rightly first and foremost to you on some level.  That's understandable to everyone.  So it's a paradoxical situation.  This is a totally different way of thinking about reality.  Most people in my experience do not think with a paradoxical mentality.  They can't.  So you don't want to bother them, you just move on with your own work and realize they have a weakness you don't, and there are pros and cons to any schedule of strengths vs./and weaknesses in any person.   Too much of a good thing can be bad, for example.  The head eats the tail, but the head and tail are their own thing too.  It's a more nuanced way of thinking that not everyone has in my experience.  There are simpler and more complex people, but they all share one thing, that's being here, and everyone is unique.  No two snowflakes are alike even though we can "class" or name them as snowflakes.  There's lots of nuance here that I struggle to communicate but I try.  It's like trying to take a big thing and channel it into a small thing -- taking infinity and trying to present it finitely, sort of.  Although, for me there's a wobble and also a transcendence between the finite vs./and infinite duality.

But there's a respect for the thing too, you don't want to let wobbling the relation between things or even transcendence destroy the integrity of things as things.  Things are trailheads.  We have to state a thing to have a project.  So there's some nuance here in perspective awareness that has to be accounted for in my judgment.  But my judgment is not your judgment.  To you, I'm merely a model.  I'm a story.  I feel compelled to deliver this insight to you and others for some reason that honestly I can't say that I completely understand.  Nor do I need to.  I'm cool with all of it.  It's my life right now.  It's a piece of my life.  I enjoy being a conduit for insights that I could never take credit for.  And I don't pretend to know everything.  I think not knowing is part of what keeps you open.  Openness is key!  You gotta be nice to the Muses.  The Muses are like an animal, you want to be open and respectful to them.  You can lose the Muses if you become too selfish and assume the Muses work for you rather than the other way around.  It's a delicate balance and it goes in predictable cycles that one can come to accept too without flipping out about it.  You become more even-keeled with whatever is occurring in Awareness, even when you can laugh at something funny you did or go "what the heck?"  Oh that's here too.  Cool!  Wow!  Let's observe it!  You can kinda step back and observe from a detached perspective and see the whole thing go down without taking a personal hit from anything on some level.  Not on every level though.  This is where I think simpleminded people err is they can only think on a single level.  They have a black-and-white, non-nuanced mentality.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

3 hours ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Reality is both a team effort and a one person game.  Both and not either or.  And neither too.

You know that instead of writing stuff like that it would have been much better for everyone here if you just didn't write it at all. Those sentences gives nothing to anyone.

3 hours ago, Joseph Maynor said:

I'm a story.  I feel compelled to deliver this insight to you and others for some reason that honestly I can't say that I completely understand.  Nor do I need to.  I'm cool with all of it.  It's my life right now.  It's a piece of my life.  I enjoy being a conduit for insights that I could never take credit for.  And I don't pretend to know everything.  I think not knowing is part of what keeps you open.  Openness is key!  You gotta be nice to the Muses.  The Muses are like an animal, you want to be open and respectful to them.  You can lose the Muses if you become too selfish and assume the Muses work for you rather than the other way around.

Make a journal friend and go nuts. You are completely going off a tangent which is better for a journal. 

The forum is about self-realization/actualization. Not spurring out every single idea/belief that pops into your mind. Thats so easy to gather and is really not useful for anybody in most cases. Seeing the truth, seeing through illusions is whats helpful and interesting, not a novel about thoughts and beliefs about everything, unless you try to dispell them. 

7 minutes ago, Jonas Long said:

maybe it would be really good for you to concentrate on your retreat.  seems like you just get angry here.

Maybe self-editing is your baby.  Don't project that onto me or anyone else.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Joseph MaynorDo you not see how you are making this forum a worse place for anyone viewing or contributing here? Once again i go to a newly responded thread and its you starting some lame-ass argument once again. Nobody wants to read this, and you do it every thread. 

Can you if you are going to stay, at least not fill up the chat arguing with any of the persons you derail every thread with? 

Edited by WhiteOwl

18 minutes ago, WhiteOwl said:

@Joseph MaynorDo you not see how you are making this forum a worse place for anyone viewing or contributing here? Once again i go to a newly responded thread and its you starting some lame-ass argument once again. Nobody wants to read this, and you do it every thread. 

Can you if you are going to stay, at least not fill up the chat arguing with any of the persons you derail every thread with? 

Love him or hate him, that's his temperament.  He is questioning and confrontational.  It's endearing to some.  He's an ENTJ.  I personally find it endearing.  It has a magnetism. 

Edited by Proserpina

35 minutes ago, WhiteOwl said:

And how is this post any different?  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

21 minutes ago, Proserpina said:

Love him or hate him, that's his temperament.  He is questioning and confrontational.  It's endearing to some.  He's an ENTJ.  I personally find it endearing.  It has a magnetism. 

I don't think that others should bear the brunt of his temperament. If he can't control himself he should realize that this is not his bedroom. It's a community of people and everyone here and their mental health is equally important and his constant confrontation is damaging to others. We don't come here to start arguments 24/7. We come here to live in peace and find ways to grow our lives. However just a couple of his   posts have wasted nearly past 7 hours of my day. It's very frustrating because he writes provoking stuff and then people are bound to respond and then he blows up an entire shitstorm that continues for hours and hours, sometimes days draining everyone's spirit. Then he threatens people either with defamation lawsuits or threats to leave the forum to garner sympathy. I mean I don't understand how someone can't see through this shit. He says everytime "this is my last post" only to make another post just 15 minutes later. If he is that unstable, maybe he should seek psychiatric help. It's like everyone has to leave everything and attend to his needs like a child crying and wanting everyone to attend to him. It gets exhausting, annoying, frustrating and draining to people around here. He literally responds to every user every thread and never in a positive way. It's like he is totally incapable of any self reflection.

I think it's utter narcissistic to make people suffer so badly just because he has a special temperament.

It's like a man screaming loudly  24/7 on a flight when everyone else is trying to rest. Sorry but it reeks of narcissistic entitlement for everyone to be putting up with his passive aggressive insults, confrontations, negativity and his constant bad temper and lack of accountability.

I mean I can't blame people for calling him out finally.

Edited by Reena

So basically I'm an autistic INFJ BPD sigma Pisces female with anger and CPTSD issues. Wow wow. 

My plate looks full. I Couldn't have been weirder than that. Now I get why I'm so idiosyncratic. 

4 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

You should look in the mirror on this one.

I only respond when attacked. However you jump on threads. Again you had to quote me so I had to respond yet just minutes ago you said you won't be responding to me and ignoring me. Change your habit seriously and give others peace please, it's very annoying. Leave everyone alone so others can leave you alone. You constantly feel the need to keep provoking. Stop doing that and try to seek peace. Ironically it's you looking for some imaginary pot stirring. Stop looking and you won't see a pot.

Edited by Reena

So basically I'm an autistic INFJ BPD sigma Pisces female with anger and CPTSD issues. Wow wow. 

My plate looks full. I Couldn't have been weirder than that. Now I get why I'm so idiosyncratic.