I returned to actualized.org

Alexander

13 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

This is a hilarious post by our boy @Someone here speculating why Leo stopped making videos.  

One possibility is that he just realized that all of his teachings up to now were bs and how full of shit he was . And now he is believing in materialism,dualism, and reductionistic science.  He might've discovered that psychedelics are brain induced chemical alterations and have no validity when it comes to understanding the nature of consciousness and such. 

Especially if you notice recently in his posts on the forum he shits on spirituality saying its all nonsense

https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/100190-why-leo-stoped-making-new-videos/

Every grift has a built in obsolescence. 

55 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

His teachings can't evolve because then he would have to admit he was wrong and he's the kind of person who will never admit he was wrong.  He had so many very definitive claims and developed his own solipsistic spirituality basically.  He took that as the end of the path.  The problem is when the paradigm shifts, he would either have to admit it was just a stage or say nothing at all.  This is why I'm very hesitant in ever thinking I have the whole truth figured out -- because I know I went through these stages earlier on and evolved out of them into a totally new thing.  I try to avoid drawing bright lines in the sand.  What motivates him to make videos is to share his current insights.  My suspicion is he doesn't want to share his newer insights because he's gotta try to find a way to make them consistent with what he was so Absolutely certain about before.  It's like baggage.  Spirituality isn't just about developing a more and more sophisticated philosophy, it's also letting your paradigms shift as you move in and out of things, where what you said before is no longer what you're talking about now because you're integrating new territory that doesn't have to be connected to the old territory.  But he's gonna lose credibility with his audience so he just avoids it, that's my guess.  I know my spiritual path has gone through many twists and turns.  I'm not talking about the same shit I was 5 years ago.  And he took the position that his spirituality is superior to every spiritual teacher who has ever lived.  That's a hell of a way to box yourself in.

Whatever ya think is, or could be true about Leo or anyone else, is what you assume is or could be true about yourself.

Like for example... "he's the kind of person who will never admit he was wrong."

That thought/belief is based on the idea that there is a person who could be certain kind of person.

So there's the assumption that you are a person who could be a certain kind of person.

That belief/pre-assumption is projected on Leo.

What's projected can be used as a tool to shed light on discordant self-referential beliefs. What you project, what you think could be true about someone else, is what you believe could be true about yourself. And those beliefs are most likely crazy discordant, and it's a huge relief to see that and let them go.

Imagine the relief if you'd notice that none of those things you wrote could in any way be true about Leo, you or anyone.

Edited by Blessed2

There must be an effortless way.

@Joseph Maynor 

8 hours ago, Joseph Maynor said:

One possibility is that he just realized that all of his teachings up to now were bs and how full of shit he was . And now he is believing in materialism,dualism, and reductionistic science.  He might've discovered that psychedelics are brain induced chemical alterations and have no validity when it comes to understanding the nature of consciousness and such. 

So what you're saying is that he realized the truth?😀 @Someone here

8 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Yes, that's what I was humorously alluding to.  Wait until he realizes Consciousness is nonsense on some level.

If you constantly overlook what's really going on in favor of conceptualizing, in time all of your conceptualizing that was assumed to be spirituality or consciousness will appear to be bullshit, because it is.  But that's not spirituality, or consciousness.  It's an egoic house of cards.