I returned to actualized.org

Alexander

@Jonas Long @Mandy @Phil

Its all upto you..I am very much an active listener of Leo's youtube Videos.. I find nowhere the depth & variety of topics he covered in all YouTube or anywhere else.

I have knowledge about Non duality or Advaita what in India it is called. But he mixes advance spirituality with advance theories of science & gives you new perspective.

I like his videos about Spiral Dynamics..I have not heard of it before & fascinated by its depth to explain the reality.

Edited by Someone here

5 minutes ago, Someone here said:

@Jonas Long @Mandy @Phil

Its all upto you..I am very much an active listener of Leo's youtube Videos.. I find nowhere the depth & variety of topics he covered in all YouTube or anywhere else.

I have knowledge about Non duality or Advaita what in India it is called. But he mixes advance spirituality with advance theories of science & gives you new perspective.

I like his videos about Spiral Dynamics..I have not heard of it before & fascinated by its depth to explain the reality.

I'm signing off .

Cya .

I think he just says things like "this is advanced stuff" so that people will assume it is.  Ken Wilbur is one of the people who came up with the theory of spiral dynamics, and was sort of a proto Leo, inflated ego shit included, but still a much bettef read if you ask me.  Try "no boundary" by him, and I think some of the confusion about "no separate selves" might clear up.  

@Mandy do you get bread from the grocery store or from the barber shop? 

When you listen to spiritual content or spiritual teachers you want the highest quality content and the most woke teachers..right ?

If we are debating who is more awake..Leo or Phil ..that's beneficial because we all want Truth ..happiness..clarity ..etc so we must be clear on whom we are putting our trust . 

Phil says Leo is scammer or brainwasher ..is that true or is he legitimate?  Is he true about this solipsism thing or the alien thing ? Who knows ...

3 minutes ago, Someone here said:

@Mandy do you get bread from the grocery store or from the barber shop? 

When you listen to spiritual content or spiritual teachers you want the highest quality content and the most woke teachers..right ?

If we are debating who is more awake..Leo or Phil ..that's beneficial because we all want Truth ..happiness..clarity ..etc so we must be clear on whom we are putting our trust . 

Phil says Leo is scammer or brainwasher ..is that true or is he legitimate?  Is he true about this solipsism thing or the alien thing ? Who knows ...

I think Leo dangles carrots for people, but the real lesson of the thing is, you already have all the carrots.

To expect someone to change their spirituality to suit you I think is in part misguided.

My account of duality goes beyond the "nonduality" one hears about in Advaita Vedanta or Neo-Advaita.  In fact, it's almost two different concepts entirely.  I integrate some stuff from Advaita Vedanta and I see it has a place and role on the path, but I personally do not see it as the highest teaching for spiritual enlightenment.  I feel like the highest teaching has to be created by each person for his or herself (on some level).  There is no "off the shelf" highest spirituality.  If you want that, you are dealing in religion not spirituality in my opinion.  Spirituality has to be created for each person for his or herself at the highest level.  You have to be willing to be highly original and also highly integrous.  It takes courage to be the only student of the only spiritual guru -- yourself.  That's what the highest spirituality is, it's your story that resonates the most with you because you created it.  Because I have an original view of spiritual enlightenment on some level, I also lack the common premises that people who relate in spiritual enlightenment communities share.  At best my spirituality will be similar but also necessarily different.  This is why I don't really argue with anyone about spirituality.  I try not to.  It's pointless for me.  I can only really share the insights that come to me.  When I get caught up in spiritual debating it always makes me feel awful because I know it's pointless suffering.  Also I realize, the best I can do is help someone do what I did, and the spirituality that person develops might be very different from mine.  And that's good.  So arguing about spirituality point by point for me is beside the point so to speak.  That's not the way I think spirituality works.  Spirituality is personal to each person, and I promote that and expect that.  I want people to have their own spirituality and their own concept of spiritual enlightenment.  Because if your insights are like mine, they are both integrous and original at the same time.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Someone here I listen to what resonates, because at the time I know exactly what I want. If I want a hair cut I go to the salon, if I want bread, I go to the grocery store. There's no need to make the salon superior to the grocery store, because it's only circumstantial, never set in stone. 

You shouldn't put your trust in anyone, no one is deserving, you should pay attention to how you feel, how you resonate. We can double down on things we believe in, have decided upon, and then ignore feeling to our peril. All that's suggested here is that you make feeling your only authority. We can't decide and tell others anything at all, because lessons are not linear, there is no real progression.  By knowing what you don't want you know what you do want. Leo always said find out for yourself, listen for once if you're so determined. 😂 I don't have any problem with it. Do whatever you like.

Youtube Channel  

4 minutes ago, Someone here said:

We all want happiness, yes. Everyone wants happiness above all else.

Actually recognize that. Recognize that when you first got into Actualized, the reason was that it was assumed that the states of awakening and understanding etc. would be the source of good feeling.

This is why you watch those videos. You want to feel good. Yes? You're expecting that finally understanding reality will make you feel better. Yes?

Now, let me ask you this: do you really expect to truly actualize happiness, if you do not put happiness/feeling good, first?

If what you want above all else is to feel good, then it is only reasonable to put feeling good first?

There must be an effortless way.

14 minutes ago, Jonas Long said:

I think he has underlying insecurities and issues that led him to weave the twisted web that himself and others are currently caught up in.

Why ? He offers a lot of great practical advice for personal development..but I can understand how he loses a lot of people on the more spiritual stuff.

It is difficult to parlay knowledge that can only be understood experientially. The thing about self development though is that statistically only 5% of people will take long term action on what they learn from him.

19 minutes ago, Mandy said:

@Someone here I listen to what resonates, because at the time I know exactly what I want. If I want a hair cut I go to the salon, if I want bread, I go to the grocery store. There's no need to make the salon superior to the grocery store, because it's only circumstantial, never set in stone. 

You shouldn't put your trust in anyone, no one is deserving, you should pay attention to how you feel, how you resonate. We can double down on things we believe in, have decided upon, and then ignore feeling to our peril. All that's suggested here is that you make feeling your only authority. We can't decide and tell others anything at all, because lessons are not linear, there is no real progression.  By knowing what you don't want you know what you do want. Leo always said find out for yourself, listen for once if you're so determined. 😂 I don't have any problem with it. Do whatever you like.

21 minutes ago, Blessed2 said:

We all want happiness, yes. Everyone wants happiness above all else.

Actually recognize that. Recognize that when you first got into Actualized, the reason was that it was assumed that the states of awakening and understanding etc. would be the source of good feeling.

This is why you watch those videos. You want to feel good. Yes? You're expecting that finally understanding reality will make you feel better. Yes?

Now, let me ask you this: do you really expect to truly actualize happiness, if you do not put happiness/feeling good, first?

If what you want above all else is to feel good, then it is only reasonable to put feeling good first?

This is extremely malleable.  Feelings are not the authority. I agree that we should listen to what resonates.  But what if hypothetically the truth is harsh and ugly while falsehood is so lovey dovey ? In that case would you choose truth over feeling good or falsehood over feeling bad ?

23 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

To expect someone to change their spirituality to suit you I think is in part misguided.

My account of duality goes beyond the "nonduality" one hears about in Advaita Vedanta or Neo-Advaita.  In fact, it's almost two different concepts entirely.  I integrate some stuff from Advaita Vedanta and I see it has a place and role on the path, but I personally do not see it as the highest teaching for spiritual enlightenment.  I feel like the highest teaching has to be created by each person for his or herself (on some level).  There is no "off the shelf" highest spirituality.  If you want that, you are dealing in religion not spirituality in my opinion.  Spirituality has to be created for each person for his or herself at the highest level.  You have to be willing to be highly original and also highly integrous.  It takes courage to be the only student of the only spiritual guru -- yourself.  That's what the highest spirituality is, it's your story that resonates the most with you because you created it.  Because I have an original view of spiritual enlightenment on some level, I also lack the common premises that people who relate in spiritual enlightenment communities share.  At best my spirituality will be similar but also necessarily different.  This is why I don't really argue with anyone about spirituality.  I try not to.  It's pointless for me.  I can only really share the insights that come to me.  When I get caught up in spiritual debating it always makes me feel awful because I know it's pointless suffering.  Also I realize, the best I can do is help someone do what I did, and the spirituality that person develops might be very different from mine.  And that's good.  So arguing about spirituality point by point for me is beside the point so to speak.  That's not the way I think spirituality works.  Spirituality is personal to each person, and I promote that and expect that.  I want people to have their own spirituality and their own concept of spiritual enlightenment.  Because if your insights are like mine, they are both integrous and original at the same time.

Don't underestimate the value of taking a lengthy vacation from your own asshole.  I think Jesus said that.

5 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Why ? He offers a lot of great practical advice for personal development..but I can understand how he loses a lot of people on the more spiritual stuff.

It is difficult to parlay knowledge that can only be understood experientially. The thing about self development though is that statistically only 5% of people will take long term action on what they learn from him.

This is extremely malleable.  Feelings are not the authority. I agree that we should listen to what resonates.  But what if hypothetically the truth is harsh and ugly while falsehood is so lovey dovey ? In that case would you choose truth over feeling good or falsehood over feeling bad ?

You're a kid, you've hardly heard of anybody.  Expand your horizons and you'll see there are others out there, you just happened on one person on yt when you were at a vulnerable and manipulable place in your life.  Like the kids who ran away from home and directly into Charles Manson and were positive he was the greatest philosopher and intellect and spiritual master there had ever been.

18 minutes ago, Someone here said:

There is no such dilemna because there is no such thing as good or bad feelings except after you've thought em. Feeling itself is always none other than feeling now. 

Youtube Channel  

12 minutes ago, Jonas Long said:

You're a kid

No you .

2 minutes ago, Mandy said:

there is no such thing as good or bad feelings except after you've thought em

So a sharp razor peeling your throat is not bad feeling..without thought ...?

And an orgasm is not a good feeling ..without thought ?