What helps you to hear the universe?

When I was doing shrooms a few months ago, I remember seeing something like an interstellar highway that you can connect to and that will give you “right answers” that you are seeking for in the moment (I think this was what some of you call the Guidance)

In my trip I had a thought that to connect to that highway you need to be able to relax, there was a certain state that you had to be in, it felt like a state of easiness, emptiness in the chest..

Can someone please tell me if this makes sense? How do you reach that state? It seems that breathing can do it.. is it breathing? Wouldn’t it be insane that something we do on the regular anyways has so many solutions? 

Edited by Rose

I have an interpretation of it.

There is an intelligence inside of your experience which is different from your intellect or logic. The "emptiness/easiness" could be the lack of mind or logic, coupled by the clarity of experience itself. Experience has a very amazing clarity to it where it basically says nothing about itself. It dissolves your intellect and assumptions just through you observing it. You can definitely "tap in" to this by meditating or simply observing what happens when your mind or logic is removed.

When you have a question or assumption, you could ask "what does my experience say about it?" The answer that your experience gives you or shows you will be from a different source than your mind. You can assimilate yourself with the inherent intelligence of experience simply by comparing it to what you are thinking.

Breathing can put you in a meditative state, so it can be related in that way.

Edited by Enlightened Cat

Describe a thought.

7 minutes ago, Enlightened Cat said:

There is an intelligence inside of your experience which is different from your intellect or logic. The "emptiness/easiness" could be the lack of mind or logic, coupled by the clarity of experience itself.

Yes, that I also experienced. On one trip I had a complete meltdown..  at some point I thought I wasn’t breathing, I thought I forgot/don’t know how to breathe and that I am going to die now, I didn’t know whether to call 911, but decided to call my therapist instead.. luckily she picked up 

I yelled and cried at her how I’ve been looking for solutions for so long, reading so many books, I don’t know where the solution is anymore, I thought I was going crazy.. and then she told me that the solution will not be found through the mind, I cannot think myself through this anymore.. it was a big realization for me.. 

Edited by Rose

17 minutes ago, Rose said:

and then she told me that the solution will not be found through the mind, I cannot think myself through this anymore.. it was a big realization for me.. 

Sounds like a panic attack, which operates the same as all imagined fear, but it is more perpetual. It always ends the same way too, you eventually realize the futility of worrying about "things", which are actually just past and future scenarios. Stopping the mind simultaneously stops the fear. Realizing the limits of your mind immediately makes you stop using it, because you realize there is no point to it anymore. It is the idea of a "me inside of the future which I have to worry about" which perpetuates the panic attack.

Describe a thought.

2 hours ago, Rose said:

Lol, past experience, historic data 😂

I just meant that it doesn't create conclusions regarding the past or future, that is what I mean by "nothing." 

Maybe a bit platitudinous, but "past experience" is ultimately oxymoronic. You are viewing memories of the past, but you cannot view the "you" which "experienced the past", because that creates two viewers.

Describe a thought.

10 hours ago, Rose said:

In my trip I had a thought that to connect to that highway you need to be able to relax, there was a certain state that you had to be in, it felt like a state of easiness, emptiness in the chest..

Mushrooms dissolve innocent but false & discordant beliefs about there being a separate self which needs.

States is mental & emotional manipulation reinforcing the false beliefs in there being a separate self, which could be in, knows there are, and or needs, states.  

This makes for much dissonance in thought & emotion, and panic attacks arise from continuing to listen to egocentric manipulation and not the emotions (actual guidance). The manipulation listened to could be someone, or thoughts / beliefs, as conjecture, or, someone else’s conditioned beliefs so to speak which were innocently adopted. 

The ‘price’ of believing the manipulation is not feeling the love you truly are, which is obscured only by the beliefs about there being a separate self & states. This is like a blockage or resistance, felt heavy on the heart, and naturally there is a longing to dispel and relinquish the conjecture / weight. 

10 hours ago, Rose said:

When I was doing shrooms a few months ago, I remember seeing something like an interstellar highway that you can connect to and that will give you “right answers” that you are seeking for in the moment (I think this was what some of you call the Guidance)

The ‘right answers’ are really just thoughts which aren’t delusional (based on false beliefs). Right & correct mean aligned (how it feels). Not right as in right & wrong. 

The false belief in there being a separate self inherently includes false beliefs about innocence being dual, making it seem as if there is innocent and guilty beings. This is underlying & all consuming / all skewing. 

10 hours ago, Rose said:

Can someone please tell me if this makes sense? How do you reach that state? It seems that breathing can do it.. is it breathing? Wouldn’t it be insane that something we do on the regular anyways has so many solutions? 

Makes sense could be thought of as resonates, feels aligned. 

No, no one can tell you what does & doesn’t makes sense, because no one else can feel for you as it were. 

A state is never reached by someone separate in a future, because these are beliefs. All beliefs can be inspected & dispelled by the light of awareness.

There is already no separate self breathing. There is an experience of the thought that there is. 

In short, the psychedelic was clearing or cleaning out the false discordant beliefs, but due to the depth or reach of the underlying emotional identity based manipulation, the conjecture ‘won out’. 

The manipulation of getting to or obtaining states also includes the disparaging of meditation, as meditation is the conjecture & discordant belief in states fizzling out, un-obscurring clarity in regard to the manipulation. 

The manipulation is / is based on knowing & understanding… not being the activity of thinking or, just the thoughts ‘knowing’, and, ‘understanding’. 

So hearing the universe is really feeling, being, the so called universe, and is a matter of un-obscurring what is already the case of discordant beliefs to the contrary. 

Awakening is not other than This or somewhere else or some other time.

🤍

We're naturally in that state when we're not too deep in our thinking but instead in the quiet/feeling/observer/wisdom or whatever you want to call it.

Spending more time in that instead of my thoughts helps me hear the universe/god. 

13 hours ago, Rose said:

It seems that breathing can do it.. is it breathing? Wouldn’t it be insane that something we do on the regular anyways has so many solutions? 

I was thinking these exact thoughts after some mushroom trips. I really connected to the breath and it was pure healing. I attributed it to the mushrooms for a while but now i see that they were just showing that its the breath thats healing. That is what's being pointed out. 

Focusing on the breath is a really effective way to focus on something else than thoughts.. meditation 🙂 

Edited by WhiteOwl

On 1/23/2024 at 3:15 AM, Rose said:

It makes sense. Shrooms are amazing, body feels so amazing on shrooms... however... you can feel the same just by meditating daily... I felt body in similar way at the end of 10-days Vipassana retreat.

It's not a state, it's just you focusing not on thinking but on yourself... basically source of thinking and breathing... it's strange but by focusing on anything rather than on thinking... like on breathing... and relaxing into it .. you can feel yourself truly. 

It is your Guidance... you are guiding yourself... by focusing on different thoughts... choose better feeling thought... let go what doesn't feel good... pretty much the whole game. Namaste.

On 1/23/2024 at 8:16 AM, Phil said:

discordant beliefs about there being a separate self which needs.

What do you mean by discordant believes? What does the word discordant mean here?

Could you please provide a good source to learn about a separate self? I don’t understand the concept very well.

Edited by Rose

8 hours ago, Rose said:

What do you mean by discordant believes? *(Beliefs)

Thoughts which feel ‘off’, disharmonious, lower on the emotional scale than contentment, because they’re beliefs & not true, and are based on ignorance, misunderstanding, misinterpretation & misidentification or simply put, the materialist’s paradigm  / the belief in matter and therein separation & the self referential belief one is a ‘materialist’, a separate self made of matter experiencing matter.

Overlooking the apparent nature of experience and therein ignorance, misunderstanding, misinterpretation & misidentification, assumptions arise about there being a separate self which knows, understands & is awake or higher consciousness as a new identity. (For reference see; actualized.org and or @Robed Mystic’s posting history.) 

8 hours ago, Rose said:

What does the word discordant mean here?

Nothing at all, the term just points to how beliefs (discordant thoughts) feel. Suffering, felt, by being. 

8 hours ago, Rose said:

Could you please provide a good source to learn about a separate self? I don’t understand the concept very well.

On 1/23/2024 at 6:15 AM, Rose said:

You are always in that state but where are you? When there is no you, how can you be more relaxer than that? You must let go yourself. No expectations. 

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

@Phil I watched the video, it feels nice. But I still don’t get it. If there is no separate self then who is it that is sitting right now and feeling like crap? Why I don’t feel so bad when my friends are telling me their crappy life stories, but I feel like crap for my crappy life? Also if you do truly feel that the whole universe is you, how do people not treat you like a crazy person and no one has put you into a mental institution? Doesn’t this mean that you have to be in your separate self to live a life and interact with people? How does this no self concept going to help you during a work meeting when you have to know your shit really well or they will eat you alive? 

Do you only use this to soothe yourself?

Edited by Rose

1 hour ago, Rose said:

@Phil I watched the video, it feels nice. But I still don’t get it. If there is no separate self then who is it that is sitting right now and feeling like crap?

If there were someone sitting & feeling, that someone would be the separate self, which there isn’t. Awareness is aware of thoughts, perception & sensation. Thoughts don’t actually define perception. 

1 hour ago, Rose said:

Why I don’t feel so bad when my friends are telling me their crappy life stories, but I feel like crap for my crappy life?

Might be a fleeting sense of better, from the relief of a break from self demeaning thoughts, as far as how the comparative thought feels…. and then the discord of a judgmental & self disparaging thought. 

There might be an underlying belief that there are guilty people and innocent people, as if you are to blame for the interpreted short comings of your life.  

Blame is likely not acknowledged as an emotion (felt / non-conceptualized as about separate selves).

Same for guilt. 

A why or reason won’t make any difference though. The thoughts feel as the thoughts feel. The thing to do is change the interpretation. It’s an effortless focusing/ allowing, and not really a doing. Allow better feeling more insightful interpretations to appear, and they always do. 

Question the thoughts. 

How do you know how you feel? 

What’s that based on? 

How does that thought feel?

How do you know there is your life, and that it’s crappy?

What is that based on? 

How does that thought feel?

If you’re saying this, and you’re who or what you’re saying this about… are there two of you, or are these thoughts about a separate or second self? 

1 hour ago, Rose said:

Also if you do truly feel that the whole universe is you, how do people not treat you like a crazy person and no one has put you into a mental institution?

It’s not that there is a separate self which feels, and feels the whole universe is itself. It’s that there isn’t a separate or second self (nonduality, Advaita). 

There is only a universe (object) for a separate self or individual (subject). The only ‘place’ subjects and objects are found in actuality, is “in” thoughts, or, as thoughts. 

There is no such thing(s) as people, and so there aren’t sane people & crazy people. There seems to be mass ignorance, emotional suppression & willy-nilly labelling, harming and punishing going on. People seem to treat me in accordance with snowflake-like limiting beliefs, entirely impersonal. 

1 hour ago, Rose said:

Doesn’t this mean that you have to be in your separate self to live a life and interact with people?

There isn’t life or people, or a separate self which has a separate self for a separate self to be in to interact with other separate selves, so, no. It’s weird how what I’m saying probably sounds ridiculous, while what you’re saying sounds ridiculous. 😆 

Just like there aren’t people “inside of a movie”… “it’s” the light of the screen. 

1 hour ago, Rose said:

How does this no self concept going to help you during a work meeting when you have to know your shit really well or they will eat you alive? 

Those thoughts are the narrative of the separate self. The thinker, doer, knower, survivor. There may be the thoughts, and the thoughts may seem true, but the thoughts don’t actually label or define perception or sensation. Like with ‘anxiety’ - that thought does not actually define sensation. “Anxiety” points to sensation, communicates about sensation - but “anxiety” is not what’s actually felt. 

No self could be ‘held’ or regarded as a concept, believed to be “Buddist”, etc, in denial of what’s being said, which is that it isn’t a concept - in reality there are no separate selves. Consciousness is infinite, and infinite can not know finite.  There is nothing wrong with denial or, believing thoughts. It’s what suffering is, but there’s nothing per se wrong with it, as there’s no one actually doing it. 

A waitress asks, ‘steak or chicken’. 

The thought appears, ‘steak’. 

The thought is expressed, 🗣️ “steak”. 

A thought could arise next, in hindsight… ‘I chose steak’… ‘I am the chooser’… ‘I have free will’… ‘I’ll use it to decide stuff and fix my crappy life’. That thought is the separate self of thoughts, or, (psychological) ego. 

There was no “chooser” present when the thought ‘steak’ arose and was expressed (so to speak). Only the hindsight thought that there was a self, which chose or made a choice. The thought ‘steak’ arose and then the thought ‘chicken’ arose and one simply resonated more than the other. This happens very quickly, at virtually light speed. 

There’s an old story that points to the ego saying it’s like a clown that comes out after the play ends and takes a bow….

…even though the clown wasn’t actually in the play.  

‘All’ is spontaneously happening. Thoughts, memories, answers, ideas - all appear now-only. Cells divide, hands move, fingers type, the heart beats, the lungs breathe, vocal cords vibrate, lips form words, feet walk, wee wee’s go pee pee - all without any thinker, doer, knower, chooser or survivor hindsight egocentric claiming thoughts needed. It’s all very peaceful, serene & synchronistic with an emptied & silent so called mind. 

1 hour ago, Rose said:

Do you only use this to soothe yourself?

😂 I don’t have a self, I am me, I am myself.

😂 😂 😂♥️