What does "unconditional" mean?

Blessed2

Unconditional means - the rules apply to you but not to me. Benefit applies to me but not to you. 

It also means - if I get a benefit I will stay quiet as a mouse. But if I noticed that you're getting the same benefit as I, I will scream like a banshee. 

Basically in human tongue, unconditional means double standards. Everything good for me, and none for you. People who often use the word unconditional do so to moralize others. It's a word used by moral tyrants. 

It goes like this - 

If I make an error, I'll ask you for your unconditional sympathy, kindness, love, compassion and forgiveness. 

Now if you dare to make an error,  I will judge you without hesitating a bit. 

nicki-minaj-laughing-barbie-queen-crown-

Edited by Reena

So basically I'm an autistic INFJ BPD sigma Pisces female with anger and CPTSD issues. Wow wow. 

My plate looks full. I Couldn't have been weirder than that. Now I get why I'm so idiosyncratic. 

On 1/6/2024 at 5:59 AM, Blessed2 said:

How would you define or describe the word / pointing "unconditional" in "unconditional love", for example?

What does it not mean?

If someone hits you, and you don't even look back to understand who and why hits you, that's unconditional love. 

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

The Divine is not x qualifier useful, but useful in itself.  But the Divine has a relation to other constructs too -- like the human.  That relation I call the Marriage between the human and the Divine.  Then there's a Transcendence here too.  It's the wobble between integration vs./and transcendence.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

💬 🗯️🤍

22 hours ago, Mandy said:

Not being held hostage, held in the future as reward for anything, only presence, only now. 

I like the words "hostage" and "reward" here.

What other words comes to mind to describe "conditionality"?

There must be an effortless way.

No Conditions.

Just this.

"Mediocrity is gone. Mind is clear of limitation. I seek no state of enlightenment. Neither do I remain where no enlightenment exists. Since I linger in neither condition, eyes cannot see me. If hundreds of birds strew my path with flowers, such praise would be meaningless."

A Comment on the 8th Ox Herding Picture

11 hours ago, James123 said:

If someone hits you, and you don't even look back to understand who and why hits you, that's unconditional love. 

Woah, that was good 💙

"Mediocrity is gone. Mind is clear of limitation. I seek no state of enlightenment. Neither do I remain where no enlightenment exists. Since I linger in neither condition, eyes cannot see me. If hundreds of birds strew my path with flowers, such praise would be meaningless."

A Comment on the 8th Ox Herding Picture