Indian culture is Nuts

The only way you can ever have some value in Indian culture is if you are some big ass doctor or engineer or CEO of some big ass company. Rest are considered losers. 

Nobody has any faith in you. 

Indian people can be so inconsiderate and egoic. It baffles me. 

I can only have value in such a culture or society is when I have loads and loads and loads of money man. Wtf. 

That's why a lot of Indians in the US are  millionaires f billionaires. 

You see Google CEO, Microsoft CEO, and silicon valley. All Indians man. I'm not jealous of their success. 

But back home in India, it's just too much pressure to compete with such people. 

The average Indian dies competing. 

It's an unhealthy competitive culture. 

So basically I'm an autistic INFJ BPD sigma Pisces female with anger and CPTSD issues. Wow wow. 

My plate looks full. I Couldn't have been weirder than that. Now I get why I'm so idiosyncratic. 

6 minutes ago, Blessed2 said:

Stage blue / early orange.

It drives me crazy. Millions of young teens ages from 16 to 19 commit suicide each year. Because they can't deal with their parents telling them to get perfect grades and a perfect life. They die under that pressure. And add to that they have extreme poverty, very little food and they are supposed to work hard, earn money and become millionaires. Sky high expectations. It's crazy man. My teenage was also like that. 

It's horrible. Ego. Narcissist culture where you are only good if you are rich. 

So basically I'm an autistic INFJ BPD sigma Pisces female with anger and CPTSD issues. Wow wow. 

My plate looks full. I Couldn't have been weirder than that. Now I get why I'm so idiosyncratic. 

On 12/29/2023 at 3:37 PM, Reena said:

That's why a lot of Indians in the US are  millionaires f billionaires. 

Indians in the US are typically rich, because you cannot go and stay in the US unless you are. It is very costly.

26 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

I see it as India and Indians integrating Stage Orange.

Don't want any orange. It makes people greedy. 

1 hour ago, Joseph Maynor said:

I wouldn't want to be at Stage Orange, but I've spent a lot of time reintegrating healthy 0range.  Orange is human Masculine integration.

If integrated healthily it is good. For example motivating yourself to go to the gym. 

But in America, there are so many homeless people. The American government is busy spending on military and other nations, giving billions in aid, not prioritizing the needs of its own citizens. That's unhealthy Orange. America has done very little for its own people. As a result of this stage Orange mentality, America is getting poorer. I hope they elect a president who will  care about the needs of American people first. 

13 hours ago, Reena said:

If integrated healthily it is good. For example motivating yourself to go to the gym. 

But in America, there are so many homeless people. The American government is busy spending on military and other nations, giving billions in aid, not prioritizing the needs of its own citizens. That's unhealthy Orange. America has done very little for its own people. As a result of this stage Orange mentality, America is getting poorer. I hope they elect a president who will  care about the needs of American people first. 

How many homeless people are there in India?  Homelessness is caused in part by people not integrating Stage Orange.  India historically has had a problem with integrating Stage Orange and it's only been somewhat recently changing to more Orange.  India is one of the poorest countries in the world.  I've been to India, so I'm not just talking from theory here.  It's good that India and Indians are integrating Stage Orange in my opinion.  That's how you become wealthier as individuals and as a country.  We live in a world economy.  California is the 5th largest economy in the world!  That's amazing.  One state.  There's a quote in the book Spiral Dynamics that mentions India has had Stage Orange in their shadow historically.  It's hard to get wealth right if you don't get Stage Orange right.  They go hand in hand.  Also you can't really get Green right without a strong Orange.  There's a flimsy Green that people who haven't integrated Orange yet, have which you see commonly in college age people.  Green comes out of an abundant Orange.  I hit Green very early and used to have Orange in my shadow.  When my dad died a couple of years ago, and I had to be the one to make money and manage the money, I realized the healthy part of Orange and have spent the last couple years re-integrating that.   Orange knows a lot about human survival and fiscal responsibility.  There's a homeless guy that we let live in my neighborhood that's integrated Orange.  He crochets and sells hats that he weaves.  Dude makes more money than me a couple times over I'm sure at the end of the day.  He's an exception because I don't think most homeless people have integrated healthy Orange.  Many homeless are bigtime drug addicts or suffering from severe mental illness issues.  And they come to San Francisco because we actually give them money and other stuff because we're more Stage Green than a lot of places in the world.  Stage Orange makes the money that the other do-gooders spend on social welfare so I don't think we want to scapegoat Orange too much.  It kinda bugs me.  It's like biting the hand that feeds your ideal social projects.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

India is such an interesting country. It's full of contrast. From the "worst of the worst" to the "best of the best".

From low societal development, homelessness, misogyny, dogma, violence and pollution to the richest, most profound spiritual wisdom & insight.

Even the phenomena of people willfully going homeless for The Truth (sadhus.)

There must be an effortless way.

I traveled around South India and Sri Lanka for a bit more than two months when I was 19. First I was only going to volunteer in a  reforestation community in India but then I left after a while to travel to different places. The men I met in the community were respectful and kind, but later I got sexually assaulted once in India and then a second time in Sri lanka. Not raped but still not acceptable. It can happen anywhere but it seems like it's more common in India, is it because of culture, misogyny or just a big population? Or was it just me, did I attract it? Sounds horrible to ask that but genuinely wondering.
Sri Lanka if I'm not wrong seem to have similiar culture as south India.

First guy in India sat beside me at a night bus (no beds) and didn't stop touching me even though I said No and pushed him away. I felt too scared to let the whole bus know.
Second time in Sri lanka a man with a tuktuk jacked off while watching me at the beach eating my fruits for breakfast. Then when I walked away to the other side of the beach he followed me. Then I walked right to him, took a picture of his tuktuk number (why didn't I just laugh and take a pic of him...?) Which made him drive away. I went to the police nearby, no idea what I expected out of that visit tbh. When I shared what happened they just laughed. They have no private rooms, so most people that were visiting heard what happened and laughed too. I felt a lot of insecurity when they laughed, seemed like they laughed at me.

Similiar thing happened to me again a few months ago where a man jacked off while watching me swim. Kind of confused about this as they never touched me but put me in a very uncomfortable situation that I didn't give consent to.
Another guy tried to get inside my tent at night at a festival a few months ago too. However the way indian culture see women seem to be very different.

If I ever come back I think I would like a strong man 😂 by my side or just a group of people, to feel more safe and free to do what I want. 
Tbh I did bring a kind of pepper spray for protection with me but I didn't use it.

Edited by noomii

2 hours ago, noomii said:

I traveled around South India and Sri Lanka for a bit more than two months when I was 19. First I was only going to volunteer in a  reforestation community in India but then I left after a while to travel to different places. The men I met in the community were respectful and kind, but later I got sexually assaulted once in India and then a second time in Sri lanka. Not raped but still not acceptable. It can happen anywhere but it seems like it's more common in India, is it because of culture, misogyny or just a big population? Or was it just me, did I attract it? Sounds horrible to ask that but genuinely wondering.
Sri Lanka if I'm not wrong seem to have similiar culture as south India.

First guy in India sat beside me at a night bus (no beds) and didn't stop touching me even though I said No and pushed him away. I felt too scared to let the whole bus know.
Second time in Sri lanka a man with a tuktuk jacked off while watching me at the beach eating my fruits for breakfast. Then when I walked away to the other side of the beach he followed me. Then I walked right to him, took a picture of his tuktuk number (why didn't I just laugh and take a pic of him...?) Which made him drive away. I went to the police nearby, no idea what I expected out of that visit tbh. When I shared what happened they just laughed. They have no private rooms, so most people that were visiting heard what happened and laughed too. I felt a lot of insecurity when they laughed, seemed like they laughed at me.

Similiar thing happened to me again a few months ago where a man jacked off while watching me swim. Kind of confused about this as they never touched me but put me in a very uncomfortable situation that I didn't give consent to.
Another guy tried to get inside my tent at night at a festival a few months ago too. However the way indian culture see women seem to be very different.

If I ever come back I think I would like a strong man 😂 by my side or just a group of people, to feel more safe and free to do what I want. 
Tbh I did bring a kind of pepper spray for protection with me but I didn't use it.

That sort of thing happens to me everyday and over the years had caused me intense trauma to the point that I don't step out of the house anymore. I used to take public transport to my office a few years ago and I used to get regularly molested, sexually assaulted on the bus. I never thought of using a pepper spray because I feared violence towards me. Safety is a key issue for women here. So we have to be on guard at all times. That's why dating is difficult and I have never dared to go on a blind date. I'm even scared to give my number. The culture is very misogynistic so the blame is always placed on the woman. I wish there was better protection but if I went to the police, they would probably laugh at me and tell me to get over it. On one occasion I was at the risk of being raped and a guy saved me by punching and throwing the assailant. On another occasion a guy tried to sexually assault me and all the people around me were men and they were laughing at me. It was very traumatizing. 

You're not alone. Indian women experience this on a regular basis. 

6 hours ago, Joseph Maynor said:

How many homeless people are there in India?  Homelessness is caused in part by people not integrating Stage Orange.  India historically has had a problem with integrating Stage Orange and it's only been somewhat recently changing to more Orange.  India is one of the poorest countries in the world.  I've been to India, so I'm not just talking from theory here.  It's good that India and Indians are integrating Stage Orange in my opinion.  That's how you become wealthier as individuals and as a country.  We live in a world economy.  California is the 5th largest economy in the world!  That's amazing.  One state.  There's a quote in the book Spiral Dynamics that mentions India has had Stage Orange in their shadow historically.  It's hard to get wealth right if you don't get Stage Orange right.  They go hand in hand.  Also you can't really get Green right without a strong Orange.  There's a flimsy Green that people who haven't integrated Orange yet, have which you see commonly in college age people.  Green comes out of an abundant Orange.  I hit Green very early and used to have Orange in my shadow.  When my dad died a couple of years ago, and I had to be the one to make money and manage the money, I realized the healthy part of Orange and have spent the last couple years re-integrating that.   Orange knows a lot about human survival and fiscal responsibility.  There's a homeless guy that we let live in my neighborhood that's integrated Orange.  He crochets and sells hats that he weaves.  Dude makes more money than me a couple times over I'm sure at the end of the day.  He's an exception because I don't think most homeless people have integrated healthy Orange.  Many homeless are bigtime drug addicts or suffering from severe mental illness issues.  And they come to San Francisco because we actually give them money and other stuff because we're more Stage Green than a lot of places in the world.  Stage Orange makes the money that the other do-gooders spend on social welfare so I don't think we want to scapegoat Orange too much.  It kinda bugs me.  It's like biting the hand that feeds your ideal social projects.

I think healthy Orange is different from unhealthy Orange. India needs healthy orange. While America is an example of unhealthy Orange that is making it poorer. 

6 hours ago, Blessed2 said:

India is such an interesting country. It's full of contrast. From the "worst of the worst" to the "best of the best".

From low societal development, homelessness, misogyny, dogma, violence and pollution to the richest, most profound spiritual wisdom & insight.

Even the phenomena of people willfully going homeless for The Truth (sadhus.)

It's called lack of opportunity. Indians are very hard working. But the government is very corrupt and exploitative and most people are scared to oppose the exploitative government. They take our taxes but don't do anything. Something like this will repeat in the US. 

@noomii you don't have to come back. You can stay in your country. Enjoy there. 

14 hours ago, Reena said:

That sort of thing happens to me everyday and over the years had caused me intense trauma to the point that I don't step out of the house anymore. I used to take public transport to my office a few years ago and I used to get regularly molested, sexually assaulted on the bus. I never thought of using a pepper spray because I feared violence towards me. Safety is a key issue for women here. So we have to be on guard at all times. That's why dating is difficult and I have never dared to go on a blind date. I'm even scared to give my number. The culture is very misogynistic so the blame is always placed on the woman. I wish there was better protection but if I went to the police, they would probably laugh at me and tell me to get over it. On one occasion I was at the risk of being raped and a guy saved me by punching and throwing the assailant. On another occasion a guy tried to sexually assault me and all the people around me were men and they were laughing at me. It was very traumatizing. 

You're not alone. Indian women experience this on a regular basis. 

Sorry to hear.

You probably already know about this but I share anyways. If I lived there I'd look for any support groups for women or even just someone to call for support about sexual assault. I think it's empowering to be in contact with women where you support each other.

I'd also learn more about how I can better defend myself.

The women I talked to when I was there told me if a man tries to do something it's best to be loud when confronting him and let people around you know what he's doing, if there's people around. They said it might make him feel ashamed and someone could help you out.

8 hours ago, noomii said:

You probably already know about this but I share anyways. If I lived there I'd look for any support groups for women or even just someone to call for support about sexual assault. I think it's empowering to be in contact with women where you support each other.

I have a lady psychiatrist who helps me cope with my trauma. 

But still. It's a really traumatizing stuff to deal with. I try to interact with as minimum people as possible to keep myself safe. I have thought about pepper spray many times but still reluctant because it can escalate violence. There are acid attacks in my country. Going to the police is not easy either, because once they are out of jail they will track you down and either kill you or throw acid at you. So that route is not easy. The police is notoriously indifferent to women's safety issues. I would not recommend any female from other countries to visit India as it's very risky. Too many female tourists have been raped. 

I think I have often used my sling bag as a way to defend myself when a man tried to touch me. Raising some noise in public makes them scared or surprised and they back off sometimes. 

Hopefully the government will do something to make it safer in the future to travel.