Indian culture is Nuts

13 hours ago, Reena said:

I have a lady psychiatrist who helps me cope with my trauma. 

But still. It's a really traumatizing stuff to deal with. I try to interact with as minimum people as possible to keep myself safe. I have thought about pepper spray many times but still reluctant because it can escalate violence. There are acid attacks in my country. Going to the police is not easy either, because once they are out of jail they will track you down and either kill you or throw acid at you. So that route is not easy. The police is notoriously indifferent to women's safety issues. I would not recommend any female from other countries to visit India as it's very risky. Too many female tourists have been raped. 

I think I have often used my sling bag as a way to defend myself when a man tried to touch me. Raising some noise in public makes them scared or surprised and they back off sometimes. 

Hopefully the government will do something to make it safer in the future to travel. 

Yeah I have no idea what the best way is to deal with a man like that. Kind of scary to not know how he will react.