Arrogance & Humility.

1 hour ago, Alexander said:

Not so special there is another forum user with same illness as me.I don't find myself anything special.I discovered my Infinitude that's special for sure.

I have a local friend that weighs over 400 pounds and is obsessed with Superman, cosplays as him whenever he can. Losing weight, getting his own place, going to the gym, finding a girlfriend are always off limits, something unfortunate always happens, it's always some special case. The car broke down, anxiety, the road is too unsafe to walk on, the girl betrays him, past bullying history, mental diagnoses, pizza cheat day everyday, etc. The reason why not is the specialness. There's always a lion in the streets, but what's missed is he's that lion and that's really fucking awesome. But also. .. 😳 How do you tell him that and not have him turn it into another oversized superman cape? 

Youtube Channel  

Given the unconditional nature of reality, arrogance is really no more than a holding of conditions, beliefs.

Humility is then, dispelling the beliefs. 

Resulting in a match; unconditional & unconditional.

Does that make sense, and do you agree?

More so, this holding of conditions is no more than the defending & protecting of a finite separate self which doesn’t exist.

Are you seeing what I’m getting at here?

For bonus points…. Is it seen, that there is and never was a “Phil”, and this is in actuality unconditional reality, trying to help you manifest, what you (so to speak of course), actually want?

14 minutes ago, Phil said:

Given the unconditional nature of reality, arrogance is really no more than a holding of conditions, beliefs.

More so, this holding of conditions is no more than the defending & protecting of a finite separate self which doesn’t exist.

For bonus points…. Is it seen, that there is and never was a “Phil”, and this is in actuality unconditional reality, trying to help you manifest, what you (so to speak of course), actually want?

Yes it is seen thanks.I might attract unconditionally loving woman yes!

23 minutes ago, Devin said:

@Phil wouldn't humility then also be just accepting whatever happens, and not trying to "manifest"?

That would be more along the lines of resignation, passivity or passive acceptance.

Manifesting is what is, and is nondual. Not trying to manifest is manifesting… not trying to manifest. You might think of it as not trying to breathe to notice it’s happening regardless. ‘Consciously creating’ points to the subtle difference similar to consciously breathing vs not trying to breathe.

That quotations are used with the word manifest denotes ignorance and arrogance & that what’s being said might be seen in hindsight. 

The aim here is awareness & foresight, or more simply put, humility. 

32 minutes ago, Phil said:

That would be more along the lines of resignation, passivity or passive acceptance.

Manifesting is what is, and is nondual. Not trying to manifest is manifesting… not trying to manifest. You might think of it as not trying to breathe to notice it’s happening regardless. ‘Consciously creating’ points to the subtle difference similar to consciously breathing vs not trying to breathe.

That quotations are used with the word manifest denotes ignorance and arrogance & that what’s being said might be seen in hindsight. 

The aim here is awareness & foresight, or more simply put, humility. 

Oh, so you know how to manifest whatever you want? Sounds like a do-er to me, a Manifester and Knower.

(And this is what humility looks like?) And what is Awareness manifesting Phil? What can it manifest, what has it manifested?

It hasn't, it doesn't, it can't,  it's a concept. Awareness cannot manifest.... itself, it is everything already Phil, that would just be another belief.

Edited by Devin

7 minutes ago, Devin said:

Oh, so you know how to manifest whatever you want? Sounds like a do-er to me, like doodoo.

Of course not. That there is a knower is ignorance, and the pride therein is arrogance. Similar to a you, a tryer or doer. 

As was already said, there is no “Phil” and manifestation is nondual. 

(And this is what humility looks like?)

Yes. 

And what is Awareness manifesting Phil? What can it manifest, what has it manifested?

It hasn't, it doesn't, it can't, it's a concept. Awareness cannot manifest.... itself, it is everything already Phil, that would just be another belief.

A belief of separation, two Ness, manifest a wife, lol, not two phil.

Edited by Devin

Painter and painting is one Phil, it doesn't paint itself, it doesn't change, everything ALREADY is, you can't manifest a wife that already IS. You have every wife and no wives and all at once, there's no manifesting, no efforting, it ALREADY IS, there's no time, no now and later, everything already is, every infinite scenario already is.

Edited by Devin

Just now, Devin said:

And what is Awareness manifesting Phil?

1 hour ago, Phil said:

there is and never was a “Phil”

The ‘shift’ from arrogance to humility largely involves slowing down / less reactivity, seeing things already said or covered. 

Daily morning meditation is highly conducive to manifesting as it is a ‘getting out of your own way’; key to hindsight clarity & foresight clarity. 

Just now, Devin said:

What can it manifest, what has it manifested?

Awareness manifests by appearing. Appearance could be thought of as twoness to denote appearance is not a second or separate thing or object. 

Just now, Devin said:

It hasn't, it doesn't, it can't, it's a concept.

That being known is arrogance. That not being known, is This. 

Just now, Devin said:

Awareness cannot manifest.... itself, it is everything already Phil, that would just be another belief.

1 hour ago, Phil said:

there is and never was a “Phil

This is not a small detail. 

But a manifester!!!!! That we can get behind!!

1 hour ago, Phil said:

there is and never was a “Phil”

Meditation. 

1 minute ago, Devin said:

Painter and painting is one Phil, it doesn't paint itself, it doesn't change, everything ALREADY is, you can't manifest a wife that already IS. You have every wife and no wives and all at once, there's no manifesting, no effort in, it ALREADY IS, there's no time, no now and later, everything already is, every infinite scenario already is.

Painter and  painting is two. Nonduality just means not two. 

5 minutes ago, Phil said:

The ‘shift’ from arrogance to humility largely involves slowing down / less reactivity, seeing things already said or covered. 

Daily morning meditation is highly conducive to manifesting as it is a ‘getting out of your own way’; key to hindsight clarity & foresight clarity. 

Awareness manifests by appearing. Appearance could be thought of as twoness to denote appearance is not a second or separate thing or object. 

That being known is arrogance. That not being known, is This. 

This is not a small detail. 

Meditation. 

Painter and  painting is two. Nonduality just means not two. 

And manifesting means two, and meditating means two.

See the "ing" in them, that means there's doing somethING or not doING, TWO, count em' TWO. Manifesting not manifesting, meditating and not meditating.  Arrogance AND humility, can awareness be arrogant Phillip? No, so then who, that can be arrogant, are you teaching how to manifest?

So by your prescription, awareness needs to go meditate, therefore it can more clearly manifest, what it wants, mmmmmkay.

Edited by Devin

1 hour ago, Devin said:

And manifesting means two, and meditating means two.

See the "ing" in them, that means there's doing somethING or not doING, TWO, count em' TWO. Manifesting not manifesting, meditating and not meditating. 

Meaning is the thought, meaning, and seems objective but is actually experientially subjective. This is readily verifiable in direct experience by attempting to point to meaning. Meditation just slows reactivity down a bit, so aspects like meaning being a second are more readily noticed. 

1 hour ago, Devin said:

Arrogance AND humility, can awareness be arrogant Phillip? No, so then who, that can be arrogant, are you teaching how to manifest?

1 hour ago, Phil said:

As was already said, there is no “Phil” and manifestation is nondual

1 hour ago, Devin said:

So by your prescription,

1 hour ago, Phil said:

As was already said, there is no “Phil” and manifestation is nondual. 

1 hour ago, Devin said:

awareness needs to go meditate, therefore it can more clearly manifest, what it wants, mmmmmkay.

Needs would be going too far. That’s like saying you need something to breathe. The emphasis is on the consciously of consciously creating / manifesting.

Meditation doesn’t produce clarity; clarity is unfettered.  

Arrogance as i understand it comes from a positive feedback. You are doing good compared to others. This boosts the ego that wants to feel big. 

You are above someone else in something.

I also believe that humility really is close to the meaning of humiliation.

Let's say there is a boxer that always wins. He becomes arrogant. One day he takes only one punch in a match and it's a knockout. This was humiliating. 

He is still as good as before but he is not arrogant anymore. He continues his training but this time with humility. 

No woman likes someone with arrogance that has nothing to back it up. Of course if he can back it up then it's another case.

Still someone with humility that doesn't need to be arrogant but could be because he can back it up is more attractive.

I believe that humility comes from experience. 

Maybe it's just the evolution of arrogance. It starts with arrogance but inevitably you will take the blows and develop humility. 

Still humility feels like having an element of weakness. Humility could just be the lack of arrogance. One that has humility could either be weak or very strong. I believe there are 2 kinds of humility.

What comes to mind is Harry Mack.

He is amazing at freestyling. He doesn't come off as arrogant to me. He seems like he has humility. Still he is one of the best. The process and the grind to become so good at this developed his humility. I feel that there is no energy left to feel arrogant after such a journey. You just have a different vibe. 

The vibe of a newbie is arrogance.

The vibe of a master is humility.

This is what i think about it.

Humility:  Absence of arrogance… pride, vanity, deceit, dishonesty, manipulation (absence of corruption).

Resonates. Indicative of being, truth. Virtuous. Conscious creating. 

Humiliation: Shame, shaming, ashamed, degradation, belittling, demeaning (absence of sincerity, transparency, authenticity).

Doesn’t resonate. Indicative of conditioning, ego, beliefs. Suppression of guidance. 

17 hours ago, Phil said:

What's the difference between holding on conditions and discernment?

“Know yourself as nothing; feel yourself as everything.” - Rupert Spira