Hey homo!

Jonas Long

16 minutes ago, Proserpina said:

Thank you.  So are you.  You're a beautiful person.  A great friend. 

You too. 

So basically I'm an autistic INFJ BPD sigma Pisces female with anger and CPTSD issues. Wow wow. 

My plate looks full. I Couldn't have been weirder than that. Now I get why I'm so idiosyncratic. 

I don’t think everyone should be let into your consciousness.  You have to decide to what extent you allow people into your life.  So you don’t have to block people but you can give a care less what they say too.  Why hinge your mental state of mind on people that it’s not clear should have that power over you?  If you don’t have boundaries then other people will take advantage of that.  It took me many years to realize this.  Protect your state of mind first because that’s where you live primarily.  Every person has to face this issue for themselves.  Ignore other people’s BS about this topic.  Only you can solve this problem for you.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

26 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

I don’t think everyone should be let into your consciousness.  You have to decide to what extent you allow people into your life.  So you don’t have to block people but you can give a care less what they say too.  Why hinge your mental state of mind on people that it’s not clear should have that power over you?  If you don’t have boundaries then other people will take advantage of that.  It took me many years to realize this.  Protect your state of mind first because that’s where you live primarily.  Every person has to face this issue for themselves.  Ignore other people’s BS about this topic.  Only you can solve this problem for you.

The irony of you posting so much in this thread I started about inclusion is really too much.  Especially after those gals made up so nicely.  Read the room, don't "ignore".

1 hour ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Thank you Joseph. Your words are sharp and to the point and hit the nail on the head. Great insight into this topic. Your words are a whiff of motivation for someone who is feeling down. You come up with amazing insight when it's desperately needed. 

So basically I'm an autistic INFJ BPD sigma Pisces female with anger and CPTSD issues. Wow wow. 

My plate looks full. I Couldn't have been weirder than that. Now I get why I'm so idiosyncratic. 

7 minutes ago, Reena said:

Thank you Joseph. Your words are sharp and to the point and hit the nail on the head. Great insight into this topic. Your words are a whiff of motivation for someone who is feeling down. You come up with amazing insight when it's desperately needed. 

If you simply "ignored" @Proserpina you wouldn't have gotten to make up in that amazing way.

5 minutes ago, Jonas Long said:

If you simply "ignored" @Proserpina you wouldn't have gotten to make up in that amazing way.

If a person is being completely civil like her, I have absolutely no problem engaging in a nearly civil argument with them, I'm always open for dialogue. And I try to sharpen my skills of conflict resolution as I believe conflict is only human and only natural. Yet when one crosses the line of civility, it's hard to keep up, I cannot stoop to their level, it disrupts my internal emotional core, the feeling of degradation can be deep and revolting and in such circumstances my pride (not ego) won't allow me to strike a deal with someone whose language and demeanor is beneath my values, if my pride is being equated with ego, so be it, I won't betray what I believe in, I don't need to give the time of the day to someone or something I feel is undeserving of my respect and cooperation. It's called personal autonomy and conviction. 

Hello people, I write this from the second account because my first account is currently inaccessible and this will be the only and last comment I'll leave here before I leave this site for good.

Firstly, I want to apologize to anyone who might have felt humiliated or in upset in any way, shape or form by my comments, and I'd like to make amends with them if possible. I don't like the way I have been reacting to people here lately and the fact is, I could have said it in a different way, and in fact I could have just ignored this whole thing and it wouldn't have even started. So, albeit I also feel like my position wasn't completely unjustified in some sense, I also went way too overboard with some comments in the past month because I was triggered inside by something. So again, I want to apologize and if there is any way I can make up for this whole situation in a reasonable manner, let me know. Otherwise, I am just going to leave this site because what I found out is that my personality doesn't match up very well with the personalities of this website, or websites of this nature in general. So it's going to be better for everyone else here if I just leave.

What I wouldn't like to do though, is to leave with a sense of guilt in myself, knowing that I could have done something to make this situation less uncomfortable for everyone but I haven't.

@Proserpina I appreciate your offer, but I really think it would be best if I just leave. I don't think I fit into this enviroment with my worldviews and my way of life and style of communication. There are also some people hanging around here with mental health issues, and I just don't want to seem unempathetic towards them anymore.

@Proserpina Well, the fact is, I don't really understand seriously mentally ill people and I've been acting like an absolute fool this entire time. Just that reason alone is enough for me to leave. I can only understand people with asperghers to some degree, because that's what I have.

@Jonas Long It is and it's not at the same time, it depends on how individual people view it

@Reena I want you to feel comfortable and loved in this place. Not a peep from me anymore

Edited by Reborn2

@Reborn2  That must of taken strength.  I know I will miss you.   Even though I didn't know you too well.  You seem kind hearted. 

You were a journal person at one point.  I wish Leo hadn't split the original journal people up.  We were a team at one point.  We were a force.  Synchronicity followed our writings and we were synergistic. 

I think you do belong here.  

Please stay.  You are welcome to stay with this Reborn2 account.  You have a beautiful, grounding energy that is much needed for the forum.  You say very wise, astute things.  

Edited by Proserpina

2 hours ago, Phil said:

“Come, come whoever you are, wanderer, worshipper, lover of leaving. It doesn't matter. Ours is not a caravan of despair. Come, even if you have broken your vow a thousand times. Come, yet again, come, come.”

-Rumi

Beautiful.  

@Reborn2  I will respect your decision but I have to say that you seem plenty empathetic to me based on this post and the way you treated me, someone with mental illness. You were very compassionate and understanding.  And here, you are showing empathy by apologizing.  You impacted this mentally ill person in a positive way. 

Again, I do ask you to stay.  Your presence is appreciated here.  You understand the mentally ill and their wavelength very well and are a boon to this community.  You are a great writer.  

Edited by Proserpina

@Reborn2

I appreciate your candor. Just to clarify a bit from my end, I didn't want or expect you to leave the forum. I only expected a bit of kindness in the previous responses. I have deep mental health issues and I'm sorry if my issues bother you. My mental health issues are a bit complicated and I don't expect anyone to dissect them, there is no need. I simply don't want to be invalidated. Just respect each other's personal issues without getting too judgemental about it is all I have expected. Speculation is just speculation at the end of the day. And random speculations can feel triggering because the truth is denied that way and it feels like some power is stolen from me in the process. My mental health issues are beyond someone's comprehension so I don't expect much other than basic dignity. I hope you'll have enough compassion for me the way you have for others although I understand it's difficult to sympathize with an eccentric polarized person like me. But still it's best left to unknown devices to know what my real problems are. Best not to dig dirt on it. I respect how you deal with other people, it's much less triggering to read and generally wiser. I just try to be at a safe distance when I notice that the other person is being totally off with their conclusions just for the sake of sanity, although I can see how me trying to protect myself emotionally can come across as "egotistical." I have thought a 100 times whether I should respond to your comment or not since you visited my page and commented here a few hours ago. That alone should tell you the amount of mental conflict I suffer. I can't chill the way others do, it does not come easy to me because I'm just naturally (and due to some intense trauma) hypersensitive. So my responses might come across as over the top. Well I can't stop the way my body feels. It will need tremendous amount of training. I do work (on) every now and then to be as responsive as possible but then there are days when I simply cannot do that. I guess everyone is improving at their own speed within the confines of their own limitations. 

I just wish to keep a safe distance from you, this does not mean I'm calculated, hypocritical, vile or cold. I just find certain situations hard to deal with especially because I'm extremely introverted and tend to recoil into my own shell. 

I don't know much about you but if this website gives you any benefit in terms of communication/support or information exchange, then I will never discourage you from being here. You can always keep a safe distance from me. I'm always available for any kind of clarity or communication. I just request that any communication you want with me on here, considering my sensibilities and mental health, be a bit less harsh and less speculative, it simply makes me a bit uncomfortable, I don't expect special treatment, just basic human civility. Thanks. I encourage you to reconsider your decision and not make our interaction the reason to deprive yourself of any benefit you have here. 

Edited by Reena

On 11/23/2023 at 11:29 AM, Joseph Maynor said:

It’s easy to say there’s no separate selves when you have the power.

As there aren’t separate selves, there isn’t anyone who has the power.  

Does anyone find it annoying people who tell you there’s no separate selves?  

That there are no separate selves, and that you are an infinite eternal unconditional being, are two sides of the same coin. The truth is the message, the Good news. The nature of you is Goodness. There is only good and bad, and separate selves as well, in accordance with thoughts, not in accordance direct experience, or, reality as ‘it’ actually is. There is no separate self annoying another separate self. The “annoyance” is how beliefs to the contrary feel. This is what suffering is. 

And they do it in a way where this means you’re supposed to not stand up for yourself.

You are yourself, and no one here is or has ever suggested not standing up for yourself. 

This is Divine Feminine style teaching but it’s not the whole answer.  

No. It’s a comment, and that comment is… ‘there aren’t separate selves’. 

Anything added to that comment, is added to that comment, and is not, the comment. 

Surrender is a rabbit-hole one can go down but not the final stop.  And the people telling you this usually don’t have to deal with abuse from others because they lead the community.

What’s being said is there are no separate selves. That includes the ‘self’ which could surrender, people telling you, and others, and they. If this sound crazy or too good to be true, feel free to ask questions. Assumptions about people isn’t helpful in dispelling the belief that there are, people. Love is the absence of people. Love = Reality. All to the contrary are beliefs, activity of thought, or, imagined. 

It reminds me of mom telling their kid — just play nice with my asshole boyfriend even though he’s abusive.  

No, it’s actually nothing like that at all. That is being added to what’s being said and that is based on there being separate selves. It doesn’t mean anything else. It doesn’t condone or excuse any behaviors. 

Don’t take it personally.  Yeah, well, that’s easy for mom to say because she’s invested in said boyfriend, invested in keeping her relation with him intact.  So she declaws the kid instead of picking a fight with her asshole boyfriend.  It’s like you don’t help me by convincing me that red is blue.  Surrender has limits to it.

What’s being said is mom, boyfriend, etc… that there aren’t actually these separate selves. No one is declawing or picking a fight with anyone. No one is trying to help a you in anyway, no one is trying to convince a you of anything at all. All that’s being said is there are no separate selves and reality is actually unconditional love. 

A way to imagine this and potentially realize the truth of what’s being said, an analogy…

Imagine you’re sitting on the couch watching a movie. You become engrossed in the movie. The characters, the backgrounds, the drama ensuing, etc. It can certainly seem as if there really are separate selves. But then imagine pausing the movie. Then it would be obvious there is a screen emitting light, and there aren’t actually people or separate selves. What’s being said here is that is actually the case with reality. 

Another approach is to review the finding of QM’s and the ‘duality’ of light being both particle & wave, and grokking so to speak, that which is nondual. 

Another approach is meditation (with proper technique so to speak). When there is no activity of thought, what’s being said here is very obvious, or at the least get’s more obvious as the activity of thought, of which all separation is implied, settles and fizzles out. Such is cessation; no thought activity, no experience of separation, and an otherwise unimaginable fullness, wholeness and blissful-ness which makes sense of ‘everything’. 

Another approach is recognizing that in fact, there is no direct experience of birth, of having been born, and continuing to investigate the actuality of direct experience. 

2 minutes ago, Phil said:

What’s being said is mom, boyfriend, etc… that there aren’t actually these separate selves. No one is declawing or picking a fight with anyone. No one is trying to help a you in anyway, no one is trying to convince a you of anything at all. All that’s being said is there are no separate selves and reality is actually unconditional love. 

Should I forget myself? But then how can I live like that? 

46 minutes ago, Reena said:

Should I forget myself? But then how can I live like that? 

Essentially, you already ‘forgot’ yourself.

Are already awareness… overlooking that you are awareness’ is a pinch more accurate. 

There already isn’t an I which is living. You are the very eternal infinite unconditional aliveness referred to. 

Aliveness, consciousness, awareness… these are not aspects of a separate finite human. 

Aliveness, consciousness, awareness… is appearing as “a human”. 

More specifically… Aliveness, consciousness, awareness… is appearing as perception, and as the thought… “human”. 

So there is no “living like that”. There is simply awareness, consciousness, aliveness…. without an added narrative of thought, about there being, a second self. 

This is sometimes referred to as the cessation of suffering. 

‘Everything’ happens exactly the same, without the added narrative. Actually, the narrative kind of gets in the way. Limits what is otherwise a readily seen perfect unfolding. 

So really, in a big way, what’s being asked is “how can I live without suffering”. 

And the answer is… inspect the assumption that you are alive, living. That is actually how. 

Every single thought about yourself, with no exception whatsoever - is not true. 

5 minutes ago, Phil said:

This is sometimes referred to as the cessation of suffering. 

What if I experience physical pain in my body? 

On 11/27/2023 at 3:14 PM, Reborn2 said:

@Reena I want you to feel comfortable and loved in this place. Not a peep from me anymore

Thanks a TON.